Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saretzky's fitness to stand trial was adjourned to sometime this month, date unknown. I still can't find any recent updates.

Let's get the lead out and get on with his trial.

Unfortunately, in Canada, it seems these cases can be dragged out for quite some time before they go to trial. I know of a current case... The murder took place over a year ago. A hearing happened this month where they entered their not guilty pleas. And now the trial isn't happening for another year. It's kind of crazy that it can be allowed to take so long. Only now, two years later, are we finally seeing a trial in the murder of Tim Bosma. I can think of half a dozen cases off hand from 2013 alone that still haven't gone to trial. It's incredibly frustrating, I can't imagine being the families in these cases.

Derek Saretsky will be in court today, February 26.

Great news, he is fit to stand trial. If he is guilty, I would hate to see him get a light sentence of NCR. MOO.

Even though it seems unlikely that NCR would be the outcome, it is possible. Witness the miraculous "cure" and subsequent lack of any reasonable form of punishment for Vince Li for the atrocities he committed when killing Tim Mclean. It made me sick to read about the covering up of Vince Li's murderous past by HIS treatment team and our justice system. http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/02/23/meet-will-baker-formerly-known-as-vince-li

Body of murdered Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette returned

Last week, the waiting game ended when Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette’s remains were finally returned.

In accordance with the family’s wishes, the little girl was cremated, her ashes commingled with those of her father, 27-year-old Terry Blanchette.

Darrell Sydora, owner of Fantin’s Funeral Chapel, said Hailey’s remains were quietly returned to members of her family on April 1.

You're finally reunited with your Dad, Hailey. Fly high, little one. :rose::rose::rose:

From Global Lethbridge:

BREAKING: RCMP have charged Derek Saretzky with 1st-degree murder in the death of 69-year old Coleman senior Hanna Meketech. Meketech was found dead in her home the morning of September 9th, 2015. Saretzky is also charged in the deaths of Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette and Terry Blanchette.

Wasn't there speculation earlier on that that Saretzky was responsible for a Senior's murder?

From Global Lethbridge:

BREAKING: RCMP have charged Derek Saretzky with 1st-degree murder in the death of 69-year old Coleman senior Hanna Meketech. Meketech was found dead in her home the morning of September 9th, 2015. Saretzky is also charged in the deaths of Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette and Terry Blanchette.
Holy sheet!!
There was speculation about this early on yet I'm still shocked at the same time.

This guy is creepy! Please don't ever let him out into society because he will kill again.

I'm just glad he was caught before he turned into a serial killer because I honestly feel that's how things would have gone.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Talk about a range of victims....a 2 year old (which I am never going to understand), her father who was in his 30's?, and then a Senior. Weird.

This is definitely a case that should get a long "life sentence".

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Wasn't there speculation earlier on that that Saretzky was responsible for a Senior's murder?

Yes. This is such a small place. Three local murders happening within a week and not being connected would be surprising.

Most people thought they were but also find it odd that he chose to kill people who are so different from each other. I'd say majority figured he killed Terry to get to his daughter,*Hanna doesn't fit that.

The 69 year old victim was mentally challenged, the child was vulnerable, and the child's father was in the way.

Victoria Crowshoe was murdered in late August, less than an hour away.

I doubt they're all connected but <modsnip> You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE