Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court exhibit:

image.jpg

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/trial-for...derek-saretzky-begins-in-lethbridge-1.3447224

OK the book on cannibalism is Hannibal. Main stream fiction.

book-2.jpg

I fear an NCR defence here and I sure hope he doesn't get it.

I fear an NCR defence here and I sure hope he doesn't get it.

Without knowing more, my guess is that he romanticized serial murderers and decided he wanted to be a serial killer. What a wasted life! It's also apparent that he has some anger issues with Terry's wife ... was there history between them?

Without knowing more, my guess is that after he grew up and decided he wanted to be a serial killer. What a wasted life! It's also apparent that he has some anger issues with Derek's wife ... was there history between them?

My understanding is that he knew Terry somehow (it has never been divulged how they knew each other) and was a friend of Cheyenne's at one point. I don't think that there was a "relationship" between Cheyenne and Derek if I recall correctly. I remember us hashing the idea around early on that maybe Hailey was Derek's child but that was not the case.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would they be able to plead NCR even though he's been deemed fit to stand trial?? This may be a stupid question ;)

I'm just guessing here but I'm going to say yes. Perhaps he was NCR at the time the crimes were committed but now is medicated and able to stand trial.

MOO

I forget if Luca Magnotta plead Not guilty or NCR? But he was found guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without knowing more, my guess is that he romanticized serial murderers and decided he wanted to be a serial killer. What a wasted life! It's also apparent that he has some anger issues with Terry's wife ... was there history between them?

Good to see you here Otto. :)

OK the book on cannibalism is Hannibal. Main stream fiction.

book-2.jpg
OK, that's not the type of book I was expecting to see when described as books on cannibalism. That's a popular novel series and, most importantly, fiction.

What's with the "Church times" listed below?

Mostly 9 am....doubt he was a churchgoer.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I heard some chatter that the church times could possibly be when Hanne went to church. I don't know if true or not. Jmo

This wasn't covered in CBC live blog yesterday. Bringing over from twitter for the record. BBM.

J.W. Schnarr‏ @JWSchnarrHerald [video=twitter;872547574598651904]https://twitter.com/JWSchnarrHerald/status/872547574598651904[/video]More

Stachow said front door appeared forced, as though kicked. Meketech's dog was laying on her body. Bloody dog prints in the house. #Saretzky

Cheyenne wss lucky she was out of town, she'd probably have been attacked as well. I guess he crossed her off the list because she wasn't accessible.

I expect he'd had a major secret crush on her, too inhibited to have a real relationship, but it's just speculation.

OK, that's not the type of book I was expecting to see when described as books on cannibalism. That's a popular novel series and, most importantly, fiction.
Millions of copies sold, plus a major motion picture, plus a TV series...a visitor from Mars would assume cannibalism is very popular.

Hoewever, it may indicate that he knew right from wrong, and was kind of doing research, or psyching himself up, rather than gripped by impulses/an inner voice, like the infamous Greyhound bus man.

I'm going to try to pull over the CBC live blog for the next hour or so. I'm not reading as a post and haven't provided a disclaimer but, after yesterdays testimony, it's safe to assume you can assume it will be graphic.
Sorry, it's been a while since I've done this. No date or time stamp on these:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/derek-saretzky-trial-day-two-1.4151420

Robson Fletcher
@CBCFletch

The courtroom is open for Day 2 of the #Saretzky trial. Awaiting the jury.

Derek #Saretzky enters the court for Day 2 of his triple murder trial. Still awaiting the jury.

Jury is in. Day 2 of court is now in session. #saretzky

First witness of the day called to testify. Carla Leanne Perrin, an RCMP officer of four years, posted in Crowsnest Pass. #saretzky

Perrin was the exhibit custodian for the Meketech murder file. #saretzky

Crown now presenting photos of Meketech's home to the jury, in parallel with Perrin's testimony. #saretzky

The photos of Meketech's home are from Sept. 10, 2015. They were taken by another RCMP officer of the crime scene. #saretzky

Photos show orange pylon placed on the front step of the home to secure a piece of evidence. #saretzky

There were "obvious splits in the door frame" of Meketech's home, Perrin testifies. #Saretzky

Perrin says photos show "door mechanism" (i.e. the door latch) on the floor of the home. #Saretzky

Numerous dried, bloody dog prints scattered around the Meketech home, near where her body was found, Perrin testifies. #Saretzky

What appears to be blood spatter on walls is visible in the photos, Perrin testifies. #Saretzky

Jury now going over several photos of Meketech's body, as it was found in the home. #Saretzky

Perrin now testifying about when she was called to Blairmore to the Terry Blanchette murder scene. #Saretzky

Defence counsel has no cross-examination for Perrin. #Saretzky

https://twitter.com/cbcfletch?lang=en

12:11 PM - 08 Jun 2017
Robson Fletcher
@CBCFletch
Next witness: RCMP Sgt. Ashley. A 14-year member. Worked as blood spatter analyst during Blairmore/Coleman homicides. #Saretzky

12:13 PM - 08 Jun 2017
Robson Fletcher
@CBCFletch
Crown seeks to qualify Davidson as a blood stain pattern analysis expert for the purposes of his testimony. #Saretkzy

12:14 PM - 08 Jun 2017
Robson Fletcher
@CBCFletch
Davidson says he did years of intense study and training in forensic identification as part of his work with the RCMP. #Saretzky

12:14 PM - 08 Jun 2017
Robson Fletcher
@CBCFletch
"I've been involved in over 1,000 case exams," Davidson says. Includes everything from property crimes to sexual assaults. #Saretzky

Robson Fletcher
@CBCFletch
Davidson did a separate training course and apprenticeship in blood spatter analysis, specifically. #Saretzky

https://twitter.com/cbcfletch?lang=en

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member