Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are assuming DS told police where to find Hailey because she was found soon after his arrest.

Could have been a witness seeing the van in that area or something.

It was reported in the media that DS told the police where to find the body. I saw it on Global News about a day after Hailey's remains were found.

It was reported in the media that DS told the police where to find the body. I saw it on Global News about a day after Hailey's remains were found.

I heard the same PurplePansy ... that it was the suspect who provided the info. Heard it only once (either Global or CTV), and it then changed to something like 'during the course of our investigation'.

ETA wrong post, that was supposed to go on the Kryian Knox thread. Sorry!

I heard the same PurplePansy ... that it was the suspect who provided the info. Heard it only once (either Global or CTV), and it then changed to something like 'during the course of our investigation'.

sillybilly - I noticed the same thing....that the reports of how the body was initially discovered have changed. Makes me think that it was sloppy reporting in the beginning and then MSM got their hands slapped a little and retracted the information......???

Obviously don't want to jump to conclusions or assume anything, but that makes me assume that DS was not responsible for leading investigators to the body.

sillybilly - I noticed the same thing....that the reports of how the body was initially discovered have changed. Makes me think that it was sloppy reporting in the beginning and then MSM got their hands slapped a little and retracted the information......???

Obviously don't want to jump to conclusions or assume anything, but that makes me assume that DS was not responsible for leading investigators to the body.

Given LE's policy of not releasing specifics about a case or an accused subsequent to arrest, it may have been quickly retracted to protect the investigation and their case as it goes forward to trial. Dunno ... either way, it vamoosed rather quickly.

The spelling of his name also changed after early reports. The "s" became "z". I still don't understand how siblings have a surname one letter off from the father and one other sibling. Did I miss something?

The initial reports stated that Hailey was to be returned to her mother on Sunday, and that turned out not to be correct. However, the quote came from Hailey's grandfather.

And how would Terry take Hailey to her mother if his regular day off was on Monday....unless someone else in the circle of trust normally did this, before the plans changed?

<modsnip>

To me, if someone can drive a car to and from a rural location, return the car, go back home and act sufficiently normal that someone doesn't call authorities on him (he wasn't picked up until sometime on the Tuesday, over 24 hours afterwards), I don't see how an insanity plea could be possible.

Luke Magnotta tried to plead insanity but was convicted of first degree murder. Certainly he's 'mad' according to any sane person's criteria, but not according to the law.

I agree, I doubt he will get the NCR defense. If Luka Magnotta didn't get it, that says the bar is set pretty high. If DS had any mental issues, it might have been his own doing, possibly with substance abuse? Just because someone has anger issues or gets in trouble with the law, doesn't mean they are mentally ill and not in their right mind. And no one seems to indicate that he didn't seem "normal". He committed petty crimes but again that doesn't necessarily means he's mentally ill. In a small town like this, where everyone knows everyone, no doubt someone would have mentioned he was not mentally well.
ALL MOO.

People in the community described Saretzky, who attended Crowsnest Consolidated High School in nearby Coleman, as a guy who kept to himself and came from a good family. He was the second of three sons.

“We didn’t hear much about him,” said Blairmore resident Kimberly Green, who knows both the Saretzky family and the victims. “He was quiet.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...fter-charges-against-local-in-toddlers-murder

In an unrelated breaking news story out of Ontario, police found a suspect by triangulating a cellphone location.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/ottawa/basil-borutski-triple-homicide-wilno-1.3239776

There is no word if the cellphone belonged to the suspect or victims.

Smartphones and i-phones can transmit location by default if the owner doesn't deselect that option. Not sure if that would work always in the mountains.

Newer vehicles often have GPS tracking and the voice activated helpline. This can be turned on by the service provider remotely. Good old police work might have led to the places DS was known to frequent.

The third woman found lived 27 miles/44 kilometers away from my house. There was a large police presence here and I made sure all my doors were locked and they stayed locked. It was nerve wracking.

found this...
attachment.php

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 499
I would assume this was a suicide attempt but just my opinion. I don't think he'd be near other prisoners.

Feel bad for his family

Could be anything, could be withdrawal from drugs symptoms... could be just to lay ground to postpone court dates again and again.

Actually, FB friends with both the father and the mother. So his statement appears to be from within the inner circle. And he is reportedly a neighbor. Add that to his connection with someone with the same last name as the perp AND who once worked at the same family business as the white van is said to be from, and you get someone who just might finally open this case all the way.

Curiouser and curiouser...

I am still going with my gut that there was/is something more between CD and DS. Just sayin'

&#8220;I can confirm that an inmate was discovered in medical distress and was transported from the Lethbridge Correctional Centre to hospital for treatment,&#8221; said spokesperson Michelle Davio, in an emailed statement to Global News.

Officials won&#8217;t confirm the name of the inmate or their current condition citing privacy reasons.

By 6 p.m. MT Wednesday, a correctional services vehicle was parked outside Chinook Regional Hospital.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2235021/d.../?hootPostID=046f7ef03044365972a22c87ae293491

Luke didn't get insanity because he knew exactly what he was doing. Yes, he's mentally ill, insane? Nope.

I agree, I doubt he will get the NCR defense. If Luka Magnotta didn't get it, that says the bar is set pretty high. If DS had any mental issues, it might have been his own doing, possibly with substance abuse? Just because someone has anger issues or gets in trouble with the law, doesn't mean they are mentally ill and not in their right mind. And no one seems to indicate that he didn't seem "normal". He committed petty crimes but again that doesn't necessarily means he's mentally ill. In a small town like this, where everyone knows everyone, no doubt someone would have mentioned he was not mentally well.
ALL MOO.

People in the community described Saretzky, who attended Crowsnest Consolidated High School in nearby Coleman, as a guy who kept to himself and came from a good family. He was the second of three sons.

“We didn’t hear much about him,” said Blairmore resident Kimberly Green, who knows both the Saretzky family and the victims. “He was quiet.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...fter-charges-against-local-in-toddlers-murder

"A clean record but the sources also say Saretzky had sought help for psychiatric troubles in the past....
"I can’t say I was surprised,” said one person who knew Saretzky, further describing him as “odd.”

Another person who said he knows the suspect well describes Saretzky as the black sheep of his family, who was constantly getting himself in trouble, and who appeared to be wrestling with inner demons in recent years.

“He’s a strange, strange person, always mumbling to himself,” said the person, who asked to remain anonymous.

“He was a very f---- up individual.”

Exactly what was bothering Saretzky isn’t clear, though others in the Crowsnest valley have referred to “mental issues” in their dealings with the young man, who was apparently close to his two brothers and family."

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/09/1...at-centre-of-horrific-crowsnest-pass-slayings

Self inflicted??

@660NEWS: REPORTS: Suspect in double murder of Blairmore father and toddler daughter taken to hospital...more tonight on 660 News.

NO WAY...this guy needs to talk!!! He better not kill himself now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman