DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12:17 PM - 08 Jun 2017
Robson Fletcher
@CBCFletch
Davidson has testified twice before as a blood spatter analysis expert, prior to the #Saretzky trial.

12:18 PM - 08 Jun 2017
Robson Fletcher
@CBCFletch
Defence counsel does not oppose Davidson's qualification as an expert witness. #Saretzky
https://twitter.com/cbcfletch?lang=en

Robson Fletcher
@CBCFletch
Clarification: In one of those trials he was qualified as an expert in blood stain analysis, one in forensic identification. #Saretzky

Ok, gotta run. Will get caught up this avro, if I can.

Millions of copies sold, plus a major motion picture, plus a TV series...a visitor from Mars would assume cannibalism is very popular.

Hoewever, it may indicate that he knew right from wrong, and was kind of doing research, or psyching himself up, rather than gripped by impulses/an inner voice, like the infamous Greyhound bus man.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is a sensitive subject. So are vampires, rape and child abuse but reading a fiction novel with these subjects shouldn't be sensationalized by the media, IMO, as books on cannibalism, rape, child abuse, etc. They could, however, be "research" to some. JMO.

This sounds like the nightmare of all home invasions! I had no idea that the attacks were so violent. Reading that Terry was asleep when he was attacked - I can't imagine the terror knowing that there was nothing he could do to protect his daughter. Seeing the bloody drag marks as Terry was dragged from his bed to the bathroom - was Derek thinking about dismembering him there? Why was Terry dragged to the bathroom?

Although the neighbour is described as dying from blunt force trauma, there was another article that described a pool of blood a metre in size. That suggested to me that she bled out, perhaps while unconscious ... but she wouldn't be bleeding if her heart wasn't beating.

We need the tweets for today. I see the medical examiner testified r.e. Hanne Meketech.

Hi Guys. I took a self imposed clean break after the Garland trial. And here I am again. I'll have to get caught up, as I've stayed away from this one but ... Here I am... Off I go to read all your excellent posts!

Hi JadeSleuth, I'm still haunted by the garland trial too. For that reason, not sure I have it in me to follow this case closely. I have deep sympathy for the court reporters too, it's been a very tough year for them covering cases. Sending you good thoughts!

Meketech%20Scene.jpg

Bloody paw prints left in Hanne Meketech's home by her two dogs

http://lethbridgenewsnow.com/articl...victims-died-blunt-force-trauma-warning-story

WARNING: graphic details.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...-murder-trial-of-blairmore-man-derek-saretzky

Here are some of the tweets from yesterday:

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Another cut and bruise above one of her eyes was above a "large skull fracture" said Dr. Gofton. Bone fragment pushed into the brain.

2:50 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Skull fracture on Hanne Meketech pushed bone fragments into the coverings of the brain, Dr. Gofton says. #Saretzky

2:51 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Dr. Gofton says that would have caused brain injuries as it was compressed. There was also a radiating fracture on top of the head.

2:52 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Gofton also identified a laceration behind one of her ears and bruising of the skin. That's the blunt force injuries.

2:54 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

First sharp injury Gofton found was "a superficial incised wound." #Saretzky

2:55 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

There were three sharp force injuries said Gofton. A superficial incised wound on the neck.

2:55 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Second sharp force injury was a stab wound to Hanne Meketech's neck, says Gofton. #Saretzky

2:57 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

There was also a deep stab wound to Meketech's neck passing behind a major neck muscle and behind arteries.

2:57 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Stab wound missed major vessels of carotid artery and jugular vein, says Gofton. #Saretzky

2:58 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Final sharp force injury was also a stab wound to Hanne Meketech's neck, says Gofton. #Saretzky

3:00 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Gofton says the final stab wound was across the neck. "This injury cut across the large muscle group across the right side of the neck."

3:01 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Second stab wound also missed major blood vessels, says Gofton. #Saretzky

3:01 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Three injuries found on the trunk of Hanne Meketech's body, pathologist says. #Saretzky

3:02 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Hanne Meketech has grey contusion on her left upper back, jurors told. #Saretzky

3:03 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Second and third injuries were purple bruises on Hanne Meketech's back. #Saretzky

3:04 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Dr. Gofton found seven injuries on Hanne Meketech's extremities. #Saretzky

3:05 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Gofton also identified bruises and cuts to Meketech's back, arms and hand.

3:08 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Six of the extremity injuries were to her hands and arms while a seventh was a bruise to the left front of her thigh. #Saretzky

3:11 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Most of internal examination focused on Hanne Meketech's brain injuries, says Dr. Gofton. #Saretzky

3:12 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Dr. Gofton says his findings showed blunt force head trauma - skull fractures, brain injuries and tearing of the neck.

3:14 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Hand and arm injuries suggestive of a "struggle of some type," Dr. Gofton says. #Saretzky

3:15 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

He also noted deep cuts to the victims neck. Gofton said injuries suggest signs of a struggle.

3:15 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Gofton said Meketech died as a result of blunt force trauma made worse by blood loss from stab wounds to the neck.

3:17 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Hanne Meketech died of blunt force trauma injuries to her head. Stab wounds likely occurred near time of death, says pathologist. #Saretzky

3:17 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

"That us my bottom line. The actual cause of death is the blunt force head trauma," said Dr. Gofton.

3:18 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

No evidence Hanne Meketech was choked, Dr. Gofton says. #Saretzky

3:18 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

"That is my bottom line. The actual cause of death is the blunt force head trauma," said Dr. Gofton. #Saretkzy

3:19 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Hanne Meketech's blunt force injuries consistent with crowbar, pipe or baseball bat, says Gofton. #Saretzky

3:20 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Gofton believes based on injuries weapon used suggest a linear or elongated blunt force instrument - such as a crowbar, pipe, baseball bat.

3:21 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Gofton says neck wounds likely caused by a knife without a serrated blade. Police found a knife in the fire pit with Hailey's body.

3:23 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

A lot of blood would have come from the injuries to Hanne Meketech's head, says pathologist. #Saretzky

3:23 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Gofton says Meketech appears to have been beaten first and stabbed "when she was almost dead".

3:24 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Hanne Meketech's was likely almost dead when she received two stab wounds to her neck, Dr. Gofton says. #Saretzky

3:24 PM - 08 Jun 2017
ReplayRetweetFavorite

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Hanne Meketech was likely almost dead when she received two stab wounds to her neck, Dr. Gofton says. #Saretzky

3:27 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

No cross-examination of Dr. Gofton by defence lawyer Patrick Edgerton. #Saretzky

Bill Graveland
@BillGraveland

Testimony is done for today. Case back at 9:30 am tomorrow.

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Evidence done for the day in #Saretzky trial.

3:28 PM - 08 Jun 2017

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts

Friend of Hanne Meketech breaks down in tears after court adjourns following graphic evidence of her cause of death. #Saretzky

Thanks for catching up on the tweets for me. I can only do it while I'm at work (lol) and had meetings all yesterday afternoon. I should be able to post the tweets today, however, perhaps delayed.

Still no trial thread?

Robson Fletcher‏Verified account @CBCFletch 6m
1st witness of the day: Irvin Dwight LaRose, a Coleman resident who knew Hanne Meketech. #Saretzky

Robson Fletcher‏Verified account @CBCFletch 5m
LaRose, 60, knew Meketech since the late 1970s. Says everybody in town knew her. #Saretzky

Robson Fletcher‏Verified account @CBCFletch 4m4 minutes ago

While walking his dog about 8:30 pm on Sept. 8, LaRose says his dog sniffed under door of Meketech's mobile home. Door was closed. #Saretzky

Robson Fletcher‏Verified account @CBCFletch 2m2 minutes ago
LaRose's sister Lisa Markowski manages their mom's restaurant, Chris' Restaurant, in Coleman. Meketech was a regular customer. #Saretzky

Robson Fletcher‏Verified account @CBCFletch 33s34 seconds ago
"She always had dogs," LaRose says of Meketech.
"She loved animals."
#Saretzky

Lethbridge Herald‏Verified account @Leth_Herald 2m2 minutes ago
Reminder that some details out of the #Saretzky trial are disturbing Lethbridge Herald added,

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 3m3 minutes ago
On Sept 8, 2015, LaRose says his dog sniffed under the door of Meketech's home. Notes the door was closed #Saretzky

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
"She always had dogs and pets," Dwight LaRose says of his neighbour, Hanne Meketech. #saretzky

Quinn Campbell‏Verified account @quinnLcampbell 3m3 minutes ago
LaRose was walking his dog around 8:30 pm on tues Sept. 8,he says the dog sniffed under door of Meketech's house, door was shut. #Saretzky

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 3m3 minutes ago
LaRose says Meketech always had dogs. She gave him a dog once but it would always return to her place because they loved her too. #Saretzky

Robson Fletcher‏Verified account @CBCFletch 3m3 minutes ago
"Her house and her fence was always lit up, not always particularly for Christmas, but even at that time," LaRose says. #Saretzky

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 2m2 minutes ago
LaRose is done on the stand. #Saretzky

"Her house and her fence was always lit up," says LaRose of Christmas lights on Meketech's trailer #Saretzky

Defence has no cross-examination for LaRose. #Saretzky

Quinn Campbell‏Verified account @quinnLcampbell 3m3 minutes ago
LaRose is now finished, no cross examination for this witness #Saretzky

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 3m3 minutes ago
No cross-examination of Dwight LaRose. First witness of Day 3 done. #saretzky

Robson Fletcher‏Verified account @CBCFletch 2m2 minutes ago
Lisa Markowski now testifying. #Saretzky

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 2m2 minutes ago
Next witness is Lisa Markowski #Saretzky

https://twitter.com/PatrickBurles?lang=en

Robson Fletcher‏Verified account @CBCFletch 1m1 minute ago
Markowski says she knew Meketech for "30, 35 years -- maybe more." #Saretzky

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 2m2 minutes ago
Second witness is Lisa Markowski. She manages a restaurant in Coleman where Meketech came every morning. Knew her for 30+ years. #Saretzky

https://twitter.com/CTVKaellaCarr

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
Witness #2 is Lisa Markowski. Sister of previous witness Dwight LaRose. #saretzky

https://twitter.com/KMartinCourts

Markowski says Meketech came every day to Chris' Restaurant between 10:45 and 11 a.m. and would call if she was going to be late. #Saretzky

Markowski says Meketech came every day to Chris' Restaurant between 10:45 and 11 a.m. and would call if she was going to be late. #Saretzky

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 4m4 minutes ago
Markowski says she came into the restaurant on September 8th, 2015. She chatted with other patrons and was always happy-go-lucky. #Saretzky

https://twitter.com/CTVKaellaCarr

Lisa Markowski worked at Chris Restaurant in Coleman, where Hanne Meketech went every day. #saretzky

https://twitter.com/KMartinCourts

Markowski works at Chris' Restaurant. Says Meketech came in everyday between 10:45-11 am. Would call if she'd be late #Saretzky

https://twitter.com/PatrickBurles?lang=en

Meketech was at the restaurant Sept. 8 but not on Sept. 9, which was odd, Markowski testifies. #Saretzky

J.W. Schnarr‏ @JWSchnarrHerald 3m3 minutes ago
Lisa Markowski is now on the stand. She also knew Meketech for decades and worked at a diner Meketech frequented. #saretzky

https://twitter.com/Leth_Herald

Markowski says Meketech didn't come into the restaurant September 9th,2015. #Saretzky

Defence has no cross-examination for Markowski. #Saretzky

Markowski is done on the stand. #Saretzky

Hanne Meketech didn't show up at Chris Restaurant on Sept. 9, 2015, the day she was found murdered. #saretzky

Markowski says Meketech never came in on the morning of Sept 9, 2015. Entire staff thought it was odd #Saretzky

"Happy go lucky, she liked to talk. She'd go from table to table," Markowski says of Meketech #Saretzky

Markowski's testimony done. Witness #3 is Terry Megli, Derek Saretzky's grandfather. #saretzky

J.W. Schnarr‏ @JWSchnarrHerald 2m2 minutes ago
Markowski described Meketech as happy go lucky, a person who liked to talk and would visit with other patrons at the diner. #saretzky

Bill Graveland‏Verified account @BillGraveland 2m2 minutes ago
Terry Megli, Derek #Saretzky's grandfather now on the stand.

https://twitter.com/BillGraveland

This is going to be heartbreaking....DS Grandfather taking the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177