GUILTY Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He enjoyed the reenactment. Got to relive it and brag about it.

!WARNING! GRAPHIC

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 54m54 minutes ago
Video ends and the Crown says the remainder will be played as audio only #Saretzky

Bill Graveland‏Verified account @BillGraveland 53m53 minutes ago
Jury now hearing audio of the drive back to town. Very hard to hear. Fortunately jury has a transcript to follow along.

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 53m53 minutes ago
#Saretzky tells McCauley he burned Hailey's remains to avoid getting caught.

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 53m53 minutes ago
"I make some stupid decisions," #Saretzky tells McCauley on the drive back to the detachment.

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 51m51 minutes ago
#Saretzky says he saw Terry Blanchette a month before he killed him. "He gave me a really dirty look."

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 49m49 minutes ago
#Saretzky says Blanchette came at him with a baseball bat in the past. Agrees with McCauley it was pay back.

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 54m54 minutes ago
They're back at the Blairmore police detachment cell blocks now. #Saretzky

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 55m55 minutes ago
When they get back to the detachment McCauley says he'll go to #Saretzky's favourite restaurant in Blairmore and get him a burger.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 55m55 minutes ago
As they arrive back in Blairmore, McCauley asks #Saretzky what he wants to eat. Saretzky asks for burger and poutine

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 53m53 minutes ago
McCauley confirms #Saretzky's food order as he leaves him at cell block of Blairmore detachment

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 53m53 minutes ago
McCauley to #Saretzky "you did good buddy. I'll see you in a little bit bit." Saretzky is then locked in his cell.

Quinn Campbell‏Verified account @quinnLcampbell 52m52 minutes ago
Audio now over. Crown now questioning McCauley #saretzky

Sam Borsato‏ @BorsatoSam 53m53 minutes ago
No sort of reaction from #Saretzky throughout today and yesterday. He sits in the prisoner's box looking straight ahead.

@BillGraveland
@BorsatoSam
@CTVKaellaCarr
@KMartinCourts
@NKuhlHerald
@PatrickBurles
@quinnLcampbell

How would he drain her blood into a bottle? He made it sound like he drained most of it and drank most of it. Doesn't really make sense. I do kids he really did enjoy the reenactment and did over exaggerated details. Would drinking blood or eating a heart not make a person ill?
AND what's up with the measuring cup with his own blood in his bathroom? Practice to see if he could actually drink blood or just part of his set up to look insane? IT all just seems like overkill. He strangled and then cut Terry's throat?

Sam Borsato‏ @BorsatoSam 52m52 minutes ago
McCauley still on the stand. Says he planned to go over new info w/ his team, then have dinner w/ #Saretzky to see if there was more info.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 52m52 minutes ago
McCauley tells jury that it's important to not "burn any bridges" after achieving goal, in case he has any follow up questions #Saretzky

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 52m52 minutes ago
McCauley says he knew there had been another murder in the Pass but, at that point, had no idea they were connected. #Saretzky

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 52m52 minutes ago
McCauley says fire pit was still smoking when he and #Saretzky arrived

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 55m55 minutes ago
"I believe he was torn on whether speak to me, or not," McCauley says of #Saretzky before he confessed.

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 54m54 minutes ago
What was #Saretzky demeanour? Crown asks McCauley "Once he confessed to the murders..brief emotion..then no more talk of demons/devils"

Bill Graveland‏Verified account @BillGraveland 54m54 minutes ago
McCauley says he noticed a change in suspects demeanor when he took him to the firepit. Says Saretzky didn't mention demons.

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 55m55 minutes ago
"I felt I was getting more truthful" information McCauley tells court. No talk of demons during the reenactment.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 54m54 minutes ago
McCauley also notes that #Saretzky discussed past run-ins with Terry Blanchette

Bill Graveland‏Verified account @BillGraveland 54m54 minutes ago
McCauley says he was attempting to flush out other motives for the killings that didn't involve demon possession.

Quinn Campbell‏Verified account @quinnLcampbell 54m54 minutes ago
McCauley now explaining how the Blanchette team and the Meketech teams met to debrief. He had no details of Meketech prior #saretzky

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 54m54 minutes ago
McCauley says when he heard details of Meketech investigation, enough similarities that he was "quite confident" #Saretzky likely killed her

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 54m54 minutes ago
Defence lawyer Patrick Edgerton objects to McCauley's answer. Jury sent out. #Saretzky

Quinn Campbell‏Verified account @quinnLcampbell 50m50 minutes ago
Jury has been let out as there has been an objection by defence lawyer Patrick Edgerton. Objections can not be reported on. #Saretzky

Jury back in.Told to disregard anwer to last question. #Saretzky

McCauley says had debrief on Sept. 15, 2015, with teams investigating both Blanchette and Meketech murders discussed similarities.

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 48m48 minutes ago
Without telling us your opinion, what similarities were discussed b/w Meketech & father/daughter homicides? Crown asks #Saretzky

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 48m48 minutes ago
McCauley says the similarities between two crimes (Hanne Meketech's and Terry & Hailey's murders) included the cause of death. #Saretzky

Similarities b/w crime scenes, cause of death, says McCauley #Saretzky

Lunch break in #Saretzky trial

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 48m48 minutes ago
Jury will hear statement of #Saretzky regarding Meketech murder after lunch break.

@BillGraveland
@CBCMeg
@CTVKaellaCarr
@KMartinCourts
@quinnLcampbell

I am not sure I agree with the sexual motive. I think that just the killing was what he got off on, not rape. But that is just my opinion though I do agree that he would never admit to that. I would also like to know exactly when he was "dating" Chy. He never did give a clear answer, did he feel replaced by Terry? Did he want to destroy the "link-Hailey" between Chy and Terry? Or did he just hate Chy as much and because he couldn't get to her like he did Terry he killed Hailey instead??? I mean as a mother, I would rather be the one put through that and not one of my children. Knowing this happened to one of my babies would be pure torture for the rest of my life!

I am not sure I agree with the sexual motive. I think that just the killing was what he got off on, not rape. But that is just my opinion though I do agree that he would never admit to that. I would also like to know exactly when he was "dating" Chy. He never did give a clear answer, did he feel replaced by Terry? Did he want to destroy the "link-Hailey" between Chy and Terry? Or did he just hate Chy as much and because he couldn't get to her like he did Terry he killed Hailey instead??? I mean as a mother, I would rather be the one put through that and not one of my children. Knowing this happened to one of my babies would be pure torture for the rest of my life!
We'll never know, because he is a pathological liar. Yes - he said he was with Chy "after she had the baby" and that he was "sort of" a stepdad. Then he says he last saw Chy 3-4 years ago, which is before Haylie was born.

I don't think his lawyers were ever going for an NCR defense. He passed too many tests indicating he was fully aware of his actions and the consequences. In fact I think they are going to go in the direction that he is making all of this up and is seeking fame and attention. Loner child, no friends, quiet, no real anger issues in the past.

I actually don't believe he did do a lot of what he said in interrogation. It sounds embellished to make it sound like he was possessed by the devil. He had read up on serial killers and knows that some of the ones in the past believed that to be true and killed for that reason

He got caught.

He lied like a psychopath which is what he is.

I think you're right, the Agreed Statement of Facts doesn't include that he committed the crimes, I think for an NCR finding, factual guilt would have to be admitted by the defence. https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/351395657/Derek-James-Saretzky-Agreed-Statement-of-Facts

Altho he was arrested based on blood found in his apartment, it's not clear to me whether any of it was identified as a victim's bood, eg the blood on the boots was his own. Other than the list of victim's names, I'm not sure there's forensic evidence tying him to the crimes. Perhaps that will come later, the trial seems to be following the same timeline as the investigation.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

We'll never know, because he is a pathological liar. Yes - he said he was with Chy "after she had the baby" and that he was "sort of" a stepdad. Then he says he last saw Chy 3-4 years ago, which is before Haylie was born.

In a 2015 interview Cheyenne told reporters that she never dated Saretzky and that she hadn't spoken to him in three years.

Dunbar said she chummed with Saretzky years ago but clarified they had never dated and she hadn’t talked to him in three years.

“That was years ago, we were great friends. It tears me apart knowing friends would do something like that,” she said.

While neighbours have said Saretzky and Blanchette didn’t get along, Dunbar said she was unaware that the pair even knew each other.

“I completely forgot about Derek. He was nothing after I left. Nothing,” she said.

http://calgaryherald.com/storyline/more-cheyenne-dunbar-speaks-to-reporters-after-rcmp-charge-close-friend-in-daughters-murder

All of it is lies. We will never know the truth. He's telling us what he wants us to know.

Interesting thought though is that it's OK to admit to killing 3 people, drinking the blood of a victim, choking a 2 year old, bleeding her out, cutting her up, cannibalizing her and then throwing her in a fire pit along with evidence of the crime. But he won't admit to rape. I guess that's his line in the sand. Good grief.

I also think he wants to be seen as a "bad guy/badass" don't mess with me kinda guy. All the woe is me talk about no friends, being bullied etc. etc.

He is a sick dude but I am really going to be interested to hear what any psychiatrist has to say.

MOO

Kevin Martin
@KMartinCourts
"I wasn't happy with the situation and I wasn't enjoying where I was," #Saretzkysays about his attempted suicide.

You mean jail isn't the good times whoop it up having a blast experience it's made out to be? Who knew??​

Man, McCauley is really playing this guy. "big brother". Wow. He must have to go home and hose off after saying those things to this degenerate.

How would he drain her blood into a bottle? He made it sound like he drained most of it and drank most of it. Doesn't really make sense. I do kids he really did enjoy the reenactment and did over exaggerated details. Would drinking blood or eating a heart not make a person ill?
AND what's up with the measuring cup with his own blood in his bathroom? Practice to see if he could actually drink blood or just part of his set up to look insane? IT all just seems like overkill. He strangled and then cut Terry's throat?

I call bull**** on all of this. He raped her and burned her body. How could he eat her heart without breaking her rib cage open? He doesn't describe that. If he uses the cannibalism story, he can claim insanity. If he was dating Chy it was probably to get to Hailey to rape her. Why would he have her for 2 hours before he killed her????

Hi everyone Was there a mention of the time that DS had Hailey? I just read that he started the fire and then proceeded with his evil act. After reading his last confession tweets you can tell that he knew/knows exactly what he was doing.

Hi everyone Was there a mention of the time that DS had Hailey? I just read that he started the fire and then proceeded with his evil act. After reading his last confession tweets you can tell that he knew/knows exactly what he was doing.
Earlier tweets said he had her for 4 hours before he killed her.

I think McCauley is the opposite to DS: DS has no empathy for anyone else, he just sees them as objects; McCauley is probably capable of having empathy for anyone/anything. That doesn't mean he likes them, or agrees with them, but he can acknowledge that they have their own point of view, and reflect acceptance back to them to gain their trust.

Reminds me of a story about the Dalai Lama, who cried when he learned Chairman Mao was dead. Mao had massacred thousands of Tibetans and driven him out, but the Dalai Lama felt compassion for him, that he had lived such a destructive life, and brought only suffering on himself and others.

I call bull**** on all of this. He raped her and burned her body. How could he eat her heart without breaking her rib cage open? He doesn't describe that. If he uses the cannibalism story, he can claim insanity. If he was dating Chy it was probably to get to Hailey to rape her. Why would he have her for 2 hours before he killed her????
I agree. The blood and cannibalism make a great story if you're going for NCR. If you rape and murder a child, there's not really a hope for that. He did say he didn't do any blood drinking with Meketech - so it's very possible he actually did some cannibalization - but I don;t for a second believe he had this little girl for 4 hours and didn't violate her before he killed her.

This is one evil mother****er.

I think McCauley is the opposite to DS: DS has no empathy for anyone else, he just sees them as objects; McCauley is probably capable of having empathy for anyone/anything. That doesn't mean he likes them, or agrees with them, but he can acknowledge that they have their own point of view, and reflect acceptance back to them to gain their trust.

Reminds me of a story about the Dalai Lama, who cried when he learned Chairman Mao was dead. Mao had massacred thousands of Tibetans and driven him out, but the Dalai Lama felt compassion for him, that he had lived such a destructive life, and brought only suffering on himself and others.

I think he's just a really good actor and if he could, he'd end Saretzky right then and there. I don't think he has one ounce of empathy or sympathy for this sadistic child killer. MOO.

I don't remember for sure but didn't he go back to his apartment inbetween. Said something about Hailey just sitting the van? He also said she was never tied up. I am not sure that a two year old would just sit. I would think they would scream and cry and bang on things. (At least my two year old would!) I think he kinda left that part out. Guess he ran out of ideas to make up...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back