GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that the way he will be identified if it is someone who doesn't know him and is going from the photos-- is by his head shape (bit anvilish), flat eyebrows (not arched), nose and hairline (regardless of hair color or cut) and his legs, his calves bend back a bit.

If i lived in the area and was keeping my eye out that would be what I would be scanning for. The coat which was discussed quite a bit is too easy to change and so many folks wear black. Just a thought I had.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid this case isn’t getting enough attention anymore and Tess’s murderer may never be identified...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the way he will be identified if it is someone who doesn't know him and is going from the photos-- is by his head shape (bit anvilish), flat eyebrows (not arched), nose and hairline (regardless of hair color or cut) and his legs, his calves bend back a bit.

If i lived in the area and was keeping my eye out that would be what I would be scanning for. The coat which was discussed quite a bit is too easy to change and so many folks wear black. Just a thought I had.

I agree. The difficulty there is that if he is just walking around, he's almost definitely wearing a hood/hat right now. I'd say his hairline, head shape, and eyebrows are probably the elements that are most identifiable. The other thing is that he may not be too bright and we may get lucky. He may put himself in a scenario where he's identifiable from context to someone who's heard Tess's story -- ie, approaching someone at a drag bar again.

JLD333 said:
I hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid this case isn’t getting enough attention anymore and Tess’s murderer may never be identified...

There's still a lot that can be done to get this guy's image out to more people and ensure this doesn't end up happening. On Canadaland, they mentioned that the story initially received a blitz of attention, so there's naturally a bit of fatigue around it. But as the case progresses, there can be additional media blitz days to get the image out again and draw attention back to the case.

There are a lot of attention-catching elements to the case (ongoing issues in the Village, the way the police botched the initial search efforts, the family and what they've been put through) that can help draw eyes back toward it, plus Tess's brother-in-law is a local celebrity (of a sort).

I'm also totally willing to start putting up posters of this guy whenever the Richey family gives the word. This guy shouldn't be able to get within 3 kilometres of Church & Wellesley or any nearby college campus without his own pixelated face staring back at him.

When I view the pictures, I thought he looked effeminate in his stance etc. Perhaps he is gay? Jmo

When I view the pictures, I thought he looked effeminate in his stance etc. Perhaps he is gay? Jmo

I agree that his pose is somewhat effeminate in a couple of the pictures, but it's also possible he consciously chooses to present that way in order to get people's guards down. The other thing is that I've known guys who will kind of "peacock" for girls when just meeting them in ways that look similar to the pose he's doing and would probably come off as effeminate out of context.
Even if I felt more confident saying he wasn't a straight guy, I just don't know how usefully that would narrow it down in The Village.

Hm, I wonder what kind of stairwell they mean exactly? Because my mind obviously immediately jumped to this case, but it's possible this is inside a building and the woman fell or something?

I'll be watching this closely nonetheless.
Assuming this is the building..
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/01/04/woman-life-threatening-queen-west/
Queen-and-Strachan-incident.jpg
Police investigate an incident near Queen and Strachan that left a woman with life-threatening injuries, Jan. 4, 2018.

I think I found it on Google Streetview. Looks like there IS an exterior stairwell there not unlike the one at Dundonald and Church. But yeah, way too early to speculate much more than that.

attachment.php

Attachments

• strachan.jpg
    strachan.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 199
Also I THINK the thing above the stairwell is a camera, so if that is where this person was found it shouldn't take them long at all to conclude/rule out foul play. Hope this woman pulls through either way.

I just watched on CP24 that the family of Tess Richey will be making a statement/sitting down for an interview shortly. If folks wish to tune in, they should.

ETA: Full story at 6pm. (CP24 or CTV news).

Oof. That interview was very, very raw. I hope the right person saw it so there can be an arrest and the Richey family doesn't have to go through much more of this public grieving process.

I just watched on CP24 that the family of Tess Richey will be making a statement/sitting down for an interview shortly. If folks wish to tune in, they should.

ETA: Full story at 6pm. (CP24 or CTV news).
Thanks, VIDEO.
https://www.cp24.com/
'

Christine Hermeston, the mom of a young woman found murdered in the Church and Wellesley area, speaks out about her daughter's killing.

Oy... It's just so truly heartbreaking. I want so badly for this dear, sweet, kind and loving family to have closure and justice. It's so deeply tragic, and could have been any one of us. I've been destroyed over this, and I'm just a stranger. How it is for them is just unfathomable.

I feel the same. The detail that gets me the most is that they haven't even had a memorial service yet. What this man did would be enough to secure my contempt for several lifetimes. But putting this entire family through the ongoing trauma of having to look at his face, not knowing his name but knowing he's still out there? There's just no hell deep enough.

https://www.cp24.com/news/mom-says-...s-of-discovering-tess-richey-s-body-1.3746259
The mother of Tess Richey said her mind has been “playing games” with her ever since she discovered her 22-year-old daughter’s lifeless body at the bottom of an outdoor stairwell in the city’s Church and Wellesley neighbourhood.

Christine Hermeston found her daughter’s body outside a construction site at 582 Church Street on Nov. 29.
“I know how Tess was when I looked over the wall and now in my mind like in flashes very often, so often, I have intervals of 20 minutes where I’m not seeing it. But now when I see it, I see her with her coat on, as if she’s warmer and more protected,” she told CTV News Toronto in an interview Thursday

Her mother said “something pulled” her to where she discovered her daughter’s body.

“There was just something very eerie about that construction site – it was drawing me,” she said. “I just think if I were to follow my gut instinct I would have found her sooner.”

“We started opening up trash cans and stuff and sadly enough in the stairwell she was found. It looked like a graveyard, like a grave plot, very narrow and I can’t imagine the nightmare that she lived.”

Hermeston said she was still hoping her daughter was alive when she found her.
“I know I’m told I did the right thing by not contaminating the crime scene but really I wish I would have just grabbed her and held her tight,” she said. “I just wanted to get an ambulance there quickly in case she was just unconscious.”
Every time I look at him I keep thinking I’ve seen this man before,” she said. “I call him a man but he’s not, that’s just loosely termed. But, it’s true, I look at him and I think I’ve seen him before somewhere. I keep going through my time here in Toronto with Tess and I met some of her friends but I just can’t pinpoint him.”
rbbm

If Tess WAS targeted by someone familiar, I wonder if anyone has gone through her Facebook friends, Instagram followers, etc, and in particular it might be useful to check if anyone who followed her deactivated their accounts in the aftermath. I hope police are doing that work.

On the other hand, this guy looks kind of familiar to me too and I don't think it's because I ever met him but just because he looks at least reasonably similar to about 10% of white men living in Toronto.

Just speculating here....

My fear is that he was probably a foreigner from another country perhaps, and he's long long gone, back home in his country. For all we know he could have been staying in a hotel, by himself, not knowing anyone here, and decided to go out for a night on the town. Or he could have even been staying with friends/relatives, who either are a) not saying anything or b) totally out of tune about what goes on in the news via internet or televised.

It's too bad that his image cannot be televised globally. I know thats far fetched, but I just want this guy caught, and at this point, I sound like I'm really grasping at straws. :(

Just speculating here....

My fear is that he was probably a foreigner from another country perhaps, and he's long long gone, back home in his country. For all we know he could have been staying in a hotel, by himself, not knowing anyone here, and decided to go out for a night on the town. Or he could have even been staying with friends/relatives, who either are a) not saying anything or b) totally out of tune about what goes on in the news via internet or televised.

It's too bad that his image cannot be televised globally. I know thats far fetched, but I just want this guy caught, and at this point, I sound like I'm really grasping at straws. :(

This is what I've been thinking as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaximusWolff
Back