GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just speculating here....

My fear is that he was probably a foreigner from another country perhaps, and he's long long gone, back home in his country. For all we know he could have been staying in a hotel, by himself, not knowing anyone here, and decided to go out for a night on the town. Or he could have even been staying with friends/relatives, who either are a) not saying anything or b) totally out of tune about what goes on in the news via internet or televised.

It's too bad that his image cannot be televised globally. I know thats far fetched, but I just want this guy caught, and at this point, I sound like I'm really grasping at straws. :(

I wonder whether one of the other people who was there would have remembered a foreign accent. Unless he's American, in which case it would be very hard to tell.

I'm sharing his pictures in all my networks and begging other people to share. I live in Michigan and a few others who live there too have reposted his images but I'm very appalled by the limited response I'm getting from my networks. People are really apathetic when it comes to sharing things that might actually help.

Just speculating here....

My fear is that he was probably a foreigner from another country perhaps, and he's long long gone, back home in his country. For all we know he could have been staying in a hotel, by himself, not knowing anyone here, and decided to go out for a night on the town. Or he could have even been staying with friends/relatives, who either are a) not saying anything or b) totally out of tune about what goes on in the news via internet or televised.

It's too bad that his image cannot be televised globally. I know thats far fetched, but I just want this guy caught, and at this point, I sound like I'm really grasping at straws. :(

It's totally possible, though the potential second sighting of him a week later outside Crews would mean he was around at least a little bit longer. Something about the way the guy navigated the Village though suggests to me a level of familiarity with the place. And again, assuming the second sighting was him, he was at Crews again asking to go to El Convento Rico, which would mean even greater awareness of the area. He could have some sort of tourist's guide to drag clubs, I guess, but it seems more probable he's spent a significant amount of time in the area at some point.

I think even if it is the case he's not from here, it means he's not going to be caught for a little longer but he'll be caught eventually. The images aren't being blasted every day now, but they're still going to get disseminated more and more widely and I feel like the right person would recognize this guy from these pictures even without context. I have to imagine it would make the case even more of a slam-dunk if he's somebody not from here who could be easily placed in Toronto that weekend.

I can't stop thinking about the fact that an Uber was called and she missed it. I know it seemed ambiguous from some of the news articles but I saw written that an Uber was called and she never met it on her brother in law's instagram.

Did he order the Uber to throw people off? (Makes sense as then her phone was turned off...) Did she order it, and then he killed her immediately after, maybe while the Uber was even there??? At that hour on a Friday night there should be a lot of Ubers on the road and it shouldn't take more than 5 mins for an Uber to arrive after a call in that area...

I can't stop thinking about the fact that an Uber was called and she missed it. I know it seemed ambiguous from some of the news articles but I saw written that an Uber was called and she never met it on her brother in law's instagram.

Did he order the Uber to throw people off? (Makes sense as then her phone was turned off...) Did she order it, and then he killed her immediately after, maybe while the Uber was even there??? At that hour on a Friday night there should be a lot of Ubers on the road and it shouldn't take more than 5 mins for an Uber to arrive after a call in that area...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tess-richey-homicide-neck-compression-1.4429878
Tess Richey's friend, Ryley Simard, told CBC Toronto on Monday that she last saw her friend around 4 a.m. Saturday, when she decided to head home after their night out. The two had gone to Crews & Tango, a drag club on Church Street, and were very intoxicated when they left sometime after 1:30 a.m., Simard said.

The pair then met up with a man and a woman and hung out outside the woman's home on Dundonald Street for some time.

The last Simard said she saw of Richey was at 4 a.m., when Simard left the group to go home.

The Richey family's last contact with her was a notification at 3 a.m. Saturday from Tess's FitBit, and a series of Uber messages at 4 a.m. in which it appeared Richey ordered a car but never got in.

From the messages, which went to her mother's phone because it is a shared account, it was unclear whether the driver or Richey cancelled the call.
rbbm.

Thanks for sharing. I have read this, and this is exactly the ambiguity I'm talking about. As I stated, there are a number of articles out there that are unclear about whether Tess or the Uber driver cancelled it. According to family posts on Facebook, she did not meet her ride. This is corroborated by the video evidence that shows that Tess never emerged from the stairwell after going in with the suspect. When you don't meet your ride, the driver cancels and leaves, and you get an automatic $5 charge.

My question is, who ordered the Uber? Tess herself? Or her murderer? Obviously via her phone either way. It's not possible to know yet. But it's a pretty narrow window if she's the one who ordered it.

I'm unsure how it works on this forum. Are you sharing to... contradict me, or to elaborate on something I've said/ asked?

I can't imagine any advantage the guy would get from ordering an Uber to the spot where he just murdered a girl and left her body. At best it gives people a way to know exactly where she was and at worst the Uber might have showed up right away and the driver could have spotted him. Beyond that, I don't think he'd touch her phone more than he needed to and risk leaving additional fingerprints.

I can imagine a bunch of different scenarios in terms of when she ordered the Uber:
-when they parted with her friend on Dundonald Street, she may have ordered one and then he talked her into cancelling it
-she may have ordered one while walking with him and then he asked her to dash into the stairwell for whatever reason while they waited for it to arrive
-she may have gone to the stairwell with him willingly, gotten creeped out, ordered the Uber and then he flew into a rage
etc.

Thanks for sharing. I have read this, and this is exactly the ambiguity I'm talking about. As I stated, there are a number of articles out there that are unclear about whether Tess or the Uber driver cancelled it. According to family posts on Facebook, she did not meet her ride. This is corroborated by the video evidence that shows that Tess never emerged from the stairwell after going in with the suspect. When you don't meet your ride, the driver cancels and leaves, and you get an automatic $5 charge.

My question is, who ordered the Uber? Tess herself? Or her murderer? Obviously via her phone either way. It's not possible to know yet. But it's a pretty narrow window if she's the one who ordered it.

I'm unsure how it works on this forum. Are you sharing to... contradict me, or to elaborate on something I've said/ asked?

Rbbm.
Posted just to reiterate some of the fuzzy details about the uber and the end of the evening for anyone tuning in.
Lol.definitely not trying to be contradictory!

I can't imagine any advantage the guy would get from ordering an Uber to the spot where he just murdered a girl and left her body. At best it gives people a way to know exactly where she was and at worst the Uber might have showed up right away and the driver could have spotted him. Beyond that, I don't think he'd touch her phone more than he needed to and risk leaving additional fingerprints.

I can imagine a bunch of different scenarios in terms of when she ordered the Uber:
-when they parted with her friend on Dundonald Street, she may have ordered one and then he talked her into cancelling it
-she may have ordered one while walking with him and then he asked her to dash into the stairwell for whatever reason while they waited for it to arrive
-she may have gone to the stairwell with him willingly, gotten creeped out, ordered the Uber and then he flew into a rage
etc.

I'm honestly thinking it's the last one. Or possibly the second. The first, not so sure, since the family has said she didn't cancel the uber but rather that she didn't meet it.

I kind of wonder how Uber stores info. Whether any specific destination address was input when the Uber was ordered. I always put in a destination right when I order, to check the fare.

In a unique situation such as this where the police have a picture of the suspect, do you think they can/will blast the pic out to some sort of distribution list of mental health care professionals and the staff of in and out patient services, addiction services, rehabs ect? A very high percentage of killers have some sort of mental illness and in a unique situation where you need help identifying someone, and have his picture, reaching out to famiy doctors and the mental health care community in the GTA seems like a really good place to focus.

Someone posted this study in another websleuths thread:

http://eknygos.lsmuni.lt/springer/605/73-87.pdf

It was a study done in Finland that studied the profiles of killers who kill through strangulation.

Some of the key points from the study:

Of the 59 strangulation cases in the study only 7 of the offenders (12%) were considered NOT to have a mental illness; 61% of the offenders were diagnosed as having a personality disorder and 15% were psychotic.

69% of the offenders were diagnosed as having alcohol dependence and over 14% drug dependence.

At the time of the killing, 72% of the offenders were intoxicated and 10% were under influence of drugs.

Of the offenders 23% could not self report any motive for their killing. Of the remaining cases, 25% were classified as drunken quarrels, 28% as jealousy or disputes with intimate partners, 13% serving an instrumental need (e.g. robbery) and 12% as family conflicts.

Interesting that only in 3 of the 59 cases (5%), was the killing preceded by (an attempted) rape. This study did not find a strong relationship between strangulation and sexual and sadistic motives. This ran contrary to findings of other studies that had.

I want to be careful about not playing into stigma or stereotype, but the doctor idea is very interesting. I wonder if he's not someone who interacts with the public much?

In the one side profile image, his head shape looks somewhat unusual and almost suggests some kind of mild hydrocephalus-related development issue? That said, I could be way off the mark here because there's all sorts of artifacting going on in the picture too and the other photos don't suggest this as much.

Edited to add: I'm extremely not a doctor and my understanding of hydrocephalus and the adult developmental consequences is VERY limited, so I'm sorry if you're more in the know and think I screwed up here by using the term.

I want to be careful about not playing into stigma or stereotype, but the doctor idea is very interesting. I wonder if he's not someone who interacts with the public much?

In the one side profile image, his head shape looks somewhat unusual and almost suggests some kind of mild hydrocephalus-related development issue? That said, I could be way off the mark here because there's all sorts of artifacting going on in the picture too and the other photos don't suggest this as much.

Edited to add: I'm extremely not a doctor and my understanding of hydrocephalus and the adult developmental consequences is VERY limited, so I'm sorry if you're more in the know and think I screwed up here by using the term.

Noticed that about his head. Definitely a peculiar shape. But you're right about the other photos not really showing it. Tbh I'm staring at them again and just shaking my head. To me, each photo looks like it could be a different person!!! For example, my heart ran cold when I first saw that pic when it was close up - reminded me of my cousin's ex, but all the other photos look nothing like that one imho, and nothing like each other, and also nothing like him.

I started thinking about your suggestion this guy hangs out at drag clubs often - given the possible sighting when he tried to get a woman to go to El Convento Rico with him. Wonder if it's worth scouring the FB pages/ events for Crews and for ECR. I'm sure the cops are on that... at least I hope so... but if he's a regular there's maybe a chance that he's on there somewhere. That said, I can imagine he's probably deleted FB by now, if he ever had it.

Noticed that about his head. Definitely a peculiar shape. But you're right about the other photos not really showing it. Tbh I'm staring at them again and just shaking my head. To me, each photo looks like it could be a different person!!! For example, my heart ran cold when I first saw that pic when it was close up - reminded me of my cousin's ex, but all the other photos look nothing like that one imho, and nothing like each other, and also nothing like him.

I started thinking about your suggestion this guy hangs out at drag clubs often - given the possible sighting when he tried to get a woman to go to El Convento Rico with him. Wonder if it's worth scouring the FB pages/ events for Crews and for ECR. I'm sure the cops are on that... at least I hope so... but if he's a regular there's maybe a chance that he's on there somewhere. That said, I can imagine he's probably deleted FB by now, if he ever had it.

I've spent a pretty significant amount of time scouring those pages myself, mainly any Instagram photos tagged in the area of El Convento Rico or Crews from the period of time around when this happened. While I found some people who might superficially resemble him in some ways, I only felt like I saw one person who looked like he could actually conceivably BE him and he was in the background of a video, shot from an angle none of the suspect images have. Plus the more I look at it the more I'm inclined to say the person's face seems rounder. Hopefully the police have had more luck.

I'm inclined to think he's most recognizable based on the one side profile image because of the really characteristic hairline and the fact that you get an idea of his nose, with the caveat that he seems to have his mouth open and jaw hanging down in a way that could be significantly distorting his features. (It's at minimum making his face look longer and less square than it actually is.) I think one thing contributing to the "odd head shape" look in that one photo is that a window on the building behind is blending in with the top of his head, like you can see in my attached photo. The light from this window might be causing some of the artifacting that makes it look like he has more significant balding in these images than in the head-on ones.

attachment.php

I feel like none of the pictures give a decent idea of his overall look but you could take elements from each to make a solid composite that would give a reliable idea of everything but his mouth. I don't think any of the images give a clear and reliable idea of what that part of his face looks like when in a resting state.

I'm also baffled as to why police have not been able to release a more specific height range. They have him standing right next to a number of strong comparison points, from the hot dog cart itself to the pole he's next to. I wonder if they're holding this information back as a way to easily rule people out.

Attachments

• suspect.PNG
    suspect.PNG
    157.9 KB · Views: 225
I've spent a pretty significant amount of time scouring those pages myself, mainly any Instagram photos tagged in the area of El Convento Rico or Crews from the period of time around when this happened. While I found some people who might superficially resemble him in some ways, I only felt like I saw one person who looked like he could actually conceivably BE him and he was in the background of a video, shot from an angle none of the suspect images have. Plus the more I look at it the more I'm inclined to say the person's face seems rounder. Hopefully the police have had more luck.

I'm inclined to think he's most recognizable based on the one side profile image because of the really characteristic hairline and the fact that you get an idea of his nose, with the caveat that he seems to have his mouth open and jaw hanging down in a way that could be significantly distorting his features. (It's at minimum making his face look longer and less square than it actually is.) I think one thing contributing to the "odd head shape" look in that one photo is that a window on the building behind is blending in with the top of his head, like you can see in my attached photo. The light from this window might be causing some of the artifacting that makes it look like he has more significant balding in these images than in the head-on ones.

attachment.php

I feel like none of the pictures give a decent idea of his overall look but you could take elements from each to make a solid composite that would give a reliable idea of everything but his mouth. I don't think any of the images give a clear and reliable idea of what that part of his face looks like when in a resting state.

I'm also baffled as to why police have not been able to release a more specific height range. They have him standing right next to a number of strong comparison points, from the hot dog cart itself to the pole he's next to. I wonder if they're holding this information back as a way to easily rule people out.

Height range is something I was just wondering about too, because after I wrote that post in which I thought he reminded me of my cousin's ex... suddenly I realized he looks quite a lot like one of my own exes too, whom I've not seen in 7 years... but once again, not in all of them... but this is freaking me out now. Height range would be helpful here... he was on the shorter side. Gosh I wish thees were clearer.

Height range is something I was just wondering about too, because after I wrote that post in which I thought he reminded me of my cousin's ex... suddenly I realized he looks quite a lot like one of my own exes too, whom I've not seen in 7 years... but once again, not in all of them... but this is freaking me out now. Height range would be helpful here... he was on the shorter side. Gosh I wish thees were clearer.

So I think the thing is... this guy kinda looks like a LOT of people. I just went to the mall and had about six instances where I felt like the guy I was looking at could have been him and then ANOTHER guy who looked like he could have been him walked into view.

The thing I've been using to assure myself it's NOT him is the straightness of the hair on the side of his head above his ear. There's kind of a little "divot" there, but otherwise it's remarkably straight-looking up from his ear to his temples in both of the middle close-ups. Now, there may be a little bit of hair being elided here by the photo quality, but if the person you're comparing against has hair that kind of wavers up to meet the temples or juts out on the side of their head, I think it's safe to say it doesn't match well.

I've closely been following this case but I will admit I've missed a few pages of posts.
Why is everyone thinking he is a potential serial killer? Tia. Tonight I promise to read all posts. [emoji6]

Eta: so sorry. Wrong thread. On Tapatalk cannot delete. Mod please delete if you get a chance. Please and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very high percentage of killers have some sort of mental illness

With all due respect - you couldn't be more wrong including the study. For starters, this study is only covers Finland. Not the entire worlds population. If it was the entire worlds population, I'm sure that percentage would be much smaller. The results are flawed in this sense. I suffer from a mental illness (which is under control), and let me tell you - I ain't no killer. Unless you have a reputable source that indicates most killers have a mental illness, and covers a broader geographical map - then perhaps its best to not throw those 'studies' around without showing more accurate facts.

If anything - someone with a mental illness is more a harm to themselves than to others. It's not very common that mentally ill people go around killing people, and that's how the horrible stigma of mental illness perpetuates. It's an exception not a rule. Not saying it's NEVER happened, but you're post gives the impression that most killers are mentally ill, when it's simply not true.

With all due respect - you couldn't be more wrong including the study. For starters, this study is only covers Finland. Not the entire worlds population. If it was the entire worlds population, I'm sure that percentage would be much smaller. The results are flawed in this sense. I suffer from a mental illness (which is under control), and let me tell you - I ain't no killer. Unless you have a reputable source that indicates most killers have a mental illness, and covers a broader geographical map - then perhaps its best to not throw those 'studies' around without showing more accurate facts.

If anything - someone with a mental illness is more a harm to themselves than to others. It's not very common that mentally ill people go around killing people, and that's how the horrible stigma of mental illness perpetuates. It's an exception not a rule. Not saying it's NEVER happened, but you're post gives the impression that most killers are mentally ill, when it's simply not true.

i don't take what they meant as 'most mentally ill people are murderers', more like 'murderers are mostly mentally ill'. i think a high percentage of that is personality disorders, like psycho/sociopathy or antisocial disorder, not organic mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia or bipolar.

Ok - that was my bad, and perhaps I jumped the gun.

But with that being said - it's still flawed. Think about impulse killing. Are they mentally ill? Honor killing, people who commit M2, manslaughter etc..etc. Not all murderers are mentally ill, still. But yes, a percentage of of them are. But I think it's safe to say, we can hone in on the mental state of serial killers being psycopaths etc, which would definitely make more sense.

JMHO.

My hunch is you could more reliably expect to find this guy by checking against a list of men ages 20-30 in Ontario with past domestic violence charges. That said, if it were the case he'd had previous interactions with police like that, he'd likely have fingerprints on record and I find it hard to believe police were unable to get ANY kind of print from the suspect that they could compare against, so you'd think if that were the case they'd be closer by now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume
Back