GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My hunch is you could more reliably expect to find this guy by checking against a list of men ages 20-30 in Ontario with past domestic violence charges. That said, if it were the case he'd had previous interactions with police like that, he'd likely have fingerprints on record and I find it hard to believe police were unable to get ANY kind of print from the suspect that they could compare against, so you'd think if that were the case they'd be closer by now.
Hm, I don't know. I don't find it hard to believe that fingerprints weren't left behind. If he happened to touch her phone, he likely wiped it down. It's possible that some form of DNA was retrieved, maybe under her fingernails from defence, etc... but even there they could have turned up empty handed, unfortunately.

But I certainly agree, they would have better luck cross referencing his description with those involved with domestic altercations, or other forms of violence, than with anything related to mental illness. We can't assume he has any form of mental illness, and agree with other's that it's stigmatizing to assume so. We just know so little about him.

What is safe to assume, is that he's an all around .

Wish media would keep posting the grainy photo of this person of interest. Keeping it fresh in peoples minds is important.

Wish media would continuously report on Tess Richey's case, and all the disappearances from The Village, like they have been with other cases.

Very lengthy article with map, also posted link on Andrew K's thread.
https://thevarsity.ca/2018/01/08/after-tess-richey/

Richey’s disappearance and subsequent death is the most recent case in an expanding list of similar stories. A local resident, Dani Rose, created a map of eleven people who have gone missing in the neighbourhood since September 2010. The Varsity has compiled and updated Rose’s research into a chart detailing their names, ages, area they went missing, date they went missing, and their current status.

According to the data Rose assembled, the average age of those who have gone missing is 39 — with the youngest being 22 and the oldest 59.
Some cases go as far back as nearly eight years ago, but most listed in the map are recent, with eight occurring in 2017. All of the reported cases occurred in and around Church and Wellesley. Rose told the CBC that there is a “growing sense of fear walking alone” in the neighbourhood.

I also spoke with Michael Munroe, Associate Director of Campus Police at U of T, to determine how the university would operate if the string of disappearances spread to campus, considering the cases thus far have occurred a block away from UTSG.

“Campus Police always works hand-in-hand with the Toronto Police Service … They would send information to us, we would pass information to them, they would pass information to us,” Munroe remarked. “Just to ensure everybody was aware of the situation, what could we do to help prevent anybody from being attacked?”

At 1:15pm today, Police Chief Mark Saunders will be updating the public on Project Prism and Project Houston, the task forces designated to investigate the disappearances of the men from The Village. Tune in for those who are interested. This won't be about Tess, but there will be time for questions and may be of interest.

ETA: They will be announcing an arrest in Project Prism.

Wrong thread. Sorry.

Edit: TPS say no update that they are aware of in TR case but the investigators were not present in the Kinsman presser. Don't think it's connected though.

Well it's official. A 66 year old full blown serial killer is responsible for the deaths of the two Toronto men in Project Prism. He has been charged with two counts of first degree murder, and they have reason to believe he is responsible for the disappearances and deaths of other men in the area. They have yet to recover any remains, but have secured enough evidence and probable grounds to make the arrest and lay the charges.

This man is not connected to the death of Tess Richey, and officers today could not comment on her case or investigation.

Why TPS ever thought it was wise to dispute the theory and concerns of the public that a serial killer was targeting The Village, is beyond me.

Well it's official. A 66 year old full blown serial killer is responsible for the deaths of the two Toronto men in Project Prism. He has been charged with two counts of first degree murder, and they have reason to believe he is responsible for the disappearances and deaths of other men in the area. They have yet to recover any remains, but have secured enough evidence and probable grounds to make the arrest and lay the charges.

This man is not connected to the death of Tess Richey, and officers today could not comment on her case or investigation.

Why TPS ever thought it was wise to dispute the theory and concerns of the public that a serial killer was targeting The Village, is beyond me.

I'm heartbroken. I got the news via text today, from my father. I'm relieved too because my uncle is gay, single, in his 40s, and spends time in the Village. But I'm heartbroken that they took too long to take this seriously.

I'm heartbroken. I got the news via text today, from my father. I'm relieved too because my uncle is gay, single, in his 40s, and spends time in the Village. But I'm heartbroken that they took too long to take this seriously.

By the way, Bruce McArthur (the man who was arrested in those cases) is FB friends with Skanda Navarantam who went missing in 2010.

I'm with you. When will TPS realize that people don't just disappear? They don't just abandon their lives and loved ones? They don't just stop using their phones, and bank accounts, and credit cards? I'm so tired of hearing the same narrative from LE, it's insulting. I'm grateful my friends and loved ones are safe, but I'm heartbroken for the victims and theirs.

I'm with you. When will TPS realize that people don't just disappear? They don't just abandon their lives and loved ones? They don't just stop using their phones, and bank accounts, and credit cards? I'm so tired of hearing the same narrative from LE, it's insulting. I'm grateful my friends and loved ones are safe, but I'm heartbroken for the victims and theirs.

Just the fact that Projects Prism and Houston were two different projects shows how reluctant they were to realize the connections between all of these disappearances. They will have to merge them now for certain.

Still no answers for Tess. :(

Just the fact that Projects Prism and Houston were two different projects shows how reluctant they were to realize the connections between all of these disappearances. They will have to merge them now for certain.

Still no answers for Tess. :(
Agreed, such reluctancy the entire way.

I'm praying for justice in Tess Richey's case everyday.

Bumping the POI images up so they'll be easy to find for anyone checking this thread in light of other developments in The Village:

Attachments

• suspectimages.jpg
    suspectimages.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 71
This page has been removed...fwiw

Yes, all TPS press releases appear to expire after about a month. I noticed early last week that the suspect images/description were no longer available anywhere on the TPS website because these had expired and I notified the Richey family just in case. They are now aware and we'll see what happens. Hard to tell with this case what has significance vs. what is negligence.

So I tried punching the suspect's photos into a program called FaceGen. (I'm just using the demo which is why there are watermark things on all these pictures.) The photos are so low res that it wasn't super useful, but I'm mainly doing this to try to reconcile the side profile image with the head-on shots since they didn't add up to me.

The first images I got when I initially punched the pictures in:

attachment.php

After that I started to mess around with the face a little bit and adjust skin colour, expressions, match between the different angles, etc.:

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Anyway, I'm not sure how useful this exercise was but I thought I'd upload these just in case anyone had thoughts or got anything out of them. If anyone else wants to download the demo of this program and fiddle around with it, I can send you the files I made as well.

Attachments

• suspectgenerated.PNG
    suspectgenerated.PNG
    272.2 KB · Views: 182
  • newprojection.PNG
    newprojection.PNG
    300.3 KB · Views: 180
  • projection2.PNG
    projection2.PNG
    255.1 KB · Views: 179
  • projection3.PNG
    projection3.PNG
    302.8 KB · Views: 178
  • projection 4.PNG
    projection 4.PNG
    257.4 KB · Views: 181
A few more. For these I made minimal changes outside of adjusting the textures for the skin, eyebrows, and beard area in addition to adjusting the shape of the nose to match the side profile image.

cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

Edit: tarabull, if you see this, I tried to reply to your PM but it looks like your inbox is full.

Attachments

• projectionminimalchanges.PNG
    projectionminimalchanges.PNG
    286 KB · Views: 45
  • projectionminimalchanges2.PNG
    projectionminimalchanges2.PNG
    280.4 KB · Views: 46
  • projectionminimalchanges3.PNG
    projectionminimalchanges3.PNG
    246 KB · Views: 44

Members online

Online statistics