GA - Winder - Apalachee High School school shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he had only consulted with his sister before buying his son a weapon for Christmas, this might not have happened. She would have advised him....
I have the district impression that this guy simply does not consult with "Shes"- no matter what their qualifications are.

This "guiding" concept then goes double for subjects that are clearly in the male domain such as his son and ubber masculine things such as guns.

She was doing ok, then she kept writing…

meh, I am not too fired up about it. She should have simply extended her prayers and expressed her horror at the nightmare everyone is living and left it at that. But she is a mother, and despite her shortcomings which have been amply covered by the press, she wasn't in charge of her son when this went down. That is on Coltin JMO MOO. I can't count how many mothers we have seen come out say similar things when their babies are charged with serious life altering or taking crimes.

meh, I am not too fired up about it. She should have simply extended her prayers and expressed her horror at the nightmare everyone is living and left it at that. But she is a mother, and despite her shortcomings which have been amply covered by the press, she wasn't in charge of her son when this went down. That is on Coltin JMO MOO. I can't count how many mothers we have seen come out say similar things when their babies are charged with serious life altering or taking crimes.
Between them, there is enough blame to go around, IMO.

I'm not fired up about it either. If she claimed her son didn't do it and was framed or something like that, it would be a different thing. Whether we approve of her parenting or not and pull our hair out wishing things had been handled differently in their family, I am sure she loves her son and is in utter pain that, thankfully, few of us can even imagine. I honestly worry about her well-being during this. (And. NO, I am not defending either of these parents' behavior as they raised their son.) jmo

Lawyers have been assigned for both Colt and Colin Gray.

"On Wednesday, a judge assigned Colt Gray an attorney -- Alfonso Kraft. The court also appointed attorney Arnold Ragas to Colin Gray on Tuesday."

In the meantime in GA, there is a shortage of public defenders. If you search for Arnold Ragas, you will find various news articles where he is quoted re: the shortage. General info about the shortage:

Additional info re: the shortage and its impacts:

Staff at Apalachee High School searched for the wrong student when warned Colt Gray could be planning a school shooting — instead frantically searching for his similarly named classmate CG.

The hunt started last Wednesday when Colt Gray’s mom called the Georgia high school to warn that she’d received an alarming message from her troubled 14-year-old son.

As we suspected, the shooter concealed his rifle in his back pack the day of the shooting. Other details in the article.

Also, his father received a text message from the shooter that morning, similar to the text message he sent to his mother.

Last edited:
Also -

The sheriff said the assault-style rife could not be broken down, but that Gray obscured it so it would not be seen easily by his classmates and teachers.

“It would have stuck out, but he had some things that made it concealed,” Smith said.

However...

Teachers actually are not allowed to leave a classroom as they are ultimately responsible for students...

Speaking from experience...
This gets difficult at times...

JMO.
I wonder what the comment about school shooters was that Colt made. If it was very direct, I would think a phone call to the office would have been warranted. But just a comment in general that, while concerning, wasn't indicating an immediate danger would warrant an email. Regardless, by the time Colt's mother calls the school, the counselor had indeed received the teacher's email. It is just tragic that somehow the names got mixed up and they went looking for the wrong student.

Also -

The sheriff said the assault-style rife could not be broken down, but that Gray obscured it so it would not be seen easily by his classmates and teachers.

“It would have stuck out, but he had some things that made it concealed,” Smith said.

This terminology has me wondering, does anybody have a factual link to exactly what rifle was used in this incident? The reason I ask is, the term "ar-15" is being thrown about, and now I see this sheriff states "assault-style" rifle that could not be broken down.

I'm no armorer, nor an expert, but it's been my experience that one of the defining characteristics of the ar-15 is that it is composed of an 'upper' and a 'lower' that can be easily broken down in to two parts.

So, I'm seeking information. If anyone has a link to an actual ar-15 that doesn't break down in to those two aforementioned parts, the upper, and the lower, I'd be interested in that, and if there is any link indicating exactly what rifle this kid used that day, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks, :)

This terminology has me wondering, does anybody have a factual link to exactly what rifle was used in this incident? The reason I ask is, the term "ar-15" is being thrown about, and now I see this sheriff states "assault-style" rifle that could not be broken down.

I'm no armorer, nor an expert, but it's been my experience that one of the defining characteristics of the ar-15 is that it is composed of an 'upper' and a 'lower' that can be easily broken down in to two parts.

So, I'm seeking information. If anyone has a link to an actual ar-15 that doesn't break down in to those two aforementioned parts, the upper, and the lower, I'd be interested in that, and if there is any link indicating exactly what rifle this kid used that day, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks, :)
I am not a gunsmith but, I've built a couple AR-15s over the years. You are correct, they consist of an upper and lower that can be broken down into two parts. Depending on the length of the barrel, the upper may or may not be easily concealable in at school backpack. That said, there was a picture either in this thread or in an article posted upthread that showed an AR-15 laying on the ground at the school with LEOs around it. I assumed this was CG's firearm as LEOs would not lay their firearms on the ground.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTibbits
Back