GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The poster, nuff, is not linking the cases by way of facts but pointing out that public outrage and sentimentality is linked in the minds of the public. Some news articles talk of both cases simultaneously. Having such cases happen so close together in time and proximity has fueled heightened emotions - from what I gather, WS not only has a very strong stance against victim blaming, but hold that perpetrators of crime are extended a certain amount of respect as well. That was what I read from the post where nuff points that out.
Yeah, I'm not gathering that or making those connections. I don't see how the media has in any way conflated the two cases, and anything being said about the the accused here is well warranted, and in no way unreasonable or outlandish.

I've been avoiding this whole thread, but I have a question for all of you so absolutely convinced not only of his guilt, but also that he is the devil incarnate. Were it not for two things, would you feel so strongly? The first is TPS' failure to pursue the victim's disappearance adequately, and her poor mother's role in finding her body. The second is the temporal and geographic proximity of this crime to the whole Bruce McArthur horror, and the extent to which our outrage spills over to other, entirely coincidental crimes.

What convinces me is that he is seen on video walking with her, eyewitnesses place them together, and surveillance footage shows both of them entering an alley and only one leaving. And the one that didn't leave was dead, and she didn't strangle herself.

The poster, nuff, is not linking the cases by way of facts but pointing out that public outrage and sentimentality is linked in the minds of the public. Some news articles talk of both cases simultaneously. Having such cases happen so close together in time and proximity has fueled heightened emotions - from what I gather, WS not only has a very strong stance against victim blaming, but hold that perpetrators of crime are extended a certain amount of respect as well. That was what I read from the post where nuff points that out.

If I need to respect Kalen Schlatter I'm not gonna fit in well on this website

That’s what I also read. I do believe there is some validity to nuffs statement of heightened emotions. It certainly felt that way to me. All these deaths in one way or another have some commonality. The location mainly. As to feelings of anger....damn right. That anger, if directed properly may sow positive results.....or we can hope so. I dont think its enough to feel empathy to effect change, we need the angry, the outspoken, the driven to drive the train.
Of course i am also the person who feels incredible compassion, and guilt for the young boy in Florida who murdered the 17 at school. How did society fail that very lonely, unhappy and sick child? (my family pull their hair out when they hear me say this)

My first impression of Kalen......panicky....sneaky like a fox....trying to cover his dirt.

That’s what I also read. I do believe there is some validity to nuffs statement of heightened emotions. It certainly felt that way to me. All these deaths in one way or another have some commonality. The location mainly. As to feelings of anger....damn right. That anger, if directed properly may sow positive results.....or we can hope so. I dont think its enough to feel empathy to effect change, we need the angry, the outspoken, the driven to drive the train.
Of course i am also the person who feels incredible compassion, and guilt for the young boy in Florida who murdered the 17 at school. How did society fail that very lonely, unhappy and sick child? (my family pull their hair out when they hear me say this)
Society failed him, and more importantly the 17 victims, by putting a gun in his damn hands.

I get where you're coming from, but in terms of KS, I really don't see what evidence we have to show him any amount of compassion at this point in time.

Is KS in court today? I believe that's what I heard this morning on CP24.

Is KS in court today? I believe that's what I heard this morning on CP24.

Should be. Today is the date old news gives. I'll surely be checking for updates if there are any to be had between now and sentencing. I do hope this doesn't spend much time in court.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ey-makes-brief-video-appearance-in-court.html
rbbm.
Kalen Schlatter, accused in death of Tess Richey, makes brief video appearance in court

“I can understand what they’re going through, but from an investigator standpoint we need to separate the connection between us and the family,” co-lead detective Ted Lioumanis told the Star after the appearance.
Police have received very little information about Schlatter so far, Det. Ted Lioumanis told the Star at College Park court, and Schlatter’s family has not been involved in the case – though police knew he lived with them in Toronto prior to his arrest, and worked with his father.

“We need to find out more about who he really is,” Lioumanis said of the 21-year-old accused. “We’re still working on that. It’s still early.” He’s optimistic that “people will step forward” as the case progresses

“We probably won’t hit trial on this for at least a couple years,” Lioumanis said when asked about the process ahead. Police will likely appeal to the public soon for more information.

“If anyone recognized Schlatter that night in the area, in the club, Crews and Tango, or within the village – the Church and Wellesley area – and if anyone knows about who he is really, call us.”

I missed that there had been an arrest. So glad to hear this, and now off to play catch-up!

Hopefully some of the folks who have talked about knowing him on Reddit reach out to police if they haven't already.

Oh my goodness, that article makes me very worried that they feel as though their case isn't strong as it is. My logical brain knows though, that it has to be somewhat strong for them to even lay the charge.

WTF! No one *really* knows this guy??? Investigators have to 'find out more about him'?
Family isn't involved in the investigation? Gee. I wonder why!?!? This is so perplexing, frustrating, and to be honest, this really threw me for a loop.

Sorry for the rant. When I read the article, the blood literally drained from my face :banghead:. He must'nt be saying much.

WTF! No one *really* knows this guy??? Investigators have to 'find out more about him'?
Family isn't involved in the investigation? Gee. I wonder why!?!? This is so perplexing, frustrating, and to be honest, this really threw me for a loop.

Sorry for the rant. When I read the article, the blood literally drained from my face :banghead:. He must'nt be saying much.
Super weird article and statements from LE, imo.

It doesn't make me feel better at all IMO. What about his parents? Siblings, if any? Why can't they be interviewed? His mother must be able to shed some light, no? I'm guessing they can probably refuse to be interviewed? They don't want to be involved? They don't have to come forward? What is the problem? This is very telling IMHO. Makes that FB post so much more questionable.

I'm so full of rant!! Sorry.....

It doesn't make me feel better at all IMO. What about his parents? Siblings, if any? Why can't they be interviewed? His mother must be able to shed some light, no? I'm guessing they can probably refuse to be interviewed? They don't want to be involved? They don't have to come forward? What is the problem? This is very telling IMHO. Makes that FB post so much more questionable.

I'm so full of rant!! Sorry.....

He lived at home. This all just supports our suspicions that his family recognized him and helped him erase his social media footprint and protected him, didn't turn him in. Disgusting. Obstruction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl
Back