GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Total speculation, but what if they found evidence he'd visited that alleyway before, to scope it out (or even, went back after). Or, careful questioning of the witnesses to his interactions that night might reveal he was steering Tess in that direction, or in a way to ensure they were alone very late. Or new witnesses that he'd tried to attack women in a similar way in the past. Or careful, frame by frame analysis of the suveillance cameras to show he used some force to pull her into the alleyway right her after she called for an Uber, and that she tried to resist. Various ways to build a case that he was behaving in a predatory way that night.

Someone on Twitter whom I've also seen on FB said they were contacted by Lioumanis about a Reddit screenshot they shared. I think they followed up with the many people on Reddit who said they knew him and his behaviours. So it's part of the evidence.

It makes me sick knowing neither he nor his family would cooperate. They have no compassion for the Richeys. None.

Total speculation, but what if they found evidence he'd visited that alleyway before, to scope it out (or even, went back after). Or, careful questioning of the witnesses to his interactions that night might reveal he was steering Tess in that direction, or in a way to ensure they were alone very late. Or new witnesses that he'd tried to attack women in a similar way in the past. Or careful, frame by frame analysis of the suveillance cameras to show he used some force to pull her into the alleyway right her after she called for an Uber, and that she tried to resist. Various ways to build a case that he was behaving in a predatory way that night.
I think you're onto something. Similar predatory behaviour with previous victims could point to this being a pattern for him. Thus leading detectives to believe that this was an act that was given much forethought. These people likely came forward.

Reactions: JDG
I think you're onto something. Similar predatory behaviour with previous victims could point to this being a pattern for him. Thus leading detectives to believe that this was an act that was given much forethought. These people likely came forward.

They would have a hard time with this, I think. No one seems to suggest he violently attacked anyone, though he definitely stalked/ harassed them.

My own curiosity is whether he was on some PUA websites and posted something. Someone on Reddit whose partner knew Kalen had recently seen him and he said he was going out more, putting himself out there with women, etc. Along with his previous bad interactions with women, this does sound like someone who could be susceptible to that community.

They would have a hard time with this, I think. No one seems to suggest he violently attacked anyone, though he definitely stalked/ harassed them.

My own curiosity is whether he was on some PUA websites and posted something. Someone on Reddit whose partner knew Kalen had recently seen him and he said he was going out more, putting himself out there with women, etc. Along with his previous bad interactions with women, this does sound like someone who could be susceptible to that community.

Hello! What is a PUA website? Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pickup Artist website?

Yes. Sites/ discussion boards usually full of young men who have bad relationships with women and learn from some pretty bad people some bad methods for what they think will get women to like them.

Someone on Twitter whom I've also seen on FB said they were contacted by Lioumanis about a Reddit screenshot they shared. I think they followed up with the many people on Reddit who said they knew him and his behaviours. So it's part of the evidence.

It makes me sick knowing neither he nor his family would cooperate. They have no compassion for the Richeys. None.

Seems his family has zero compassion for anyone other than themselves. Esp. the woman their son is alleged to have murdered. IMO

How could they turn a blind eye and possibly help him delete his electronic footprint when his picture was all over the tv?? IMO

I guess when its your 'child', you are bereft, shocked and want to protect them BUT there is an innocent victim who has been murdered and her family who also are shocked, truly bereft and overwhelmingly devastated.IMO

Can the parents and/or brother be charged as accessories after the fact, if they helped him in anyway after the
crime? IMO

I guess their total lack of feelings, gives us some insight into why/how he became so socially awkward Ihuge understatement). IMO

Possibly a lawyer would tell the parents/brother that it is up to the crown to prove the allegation, don't say a word or help in any way. Don't know how these people can sleep at night but I am quite sure they sleep like a log.

Seems his family has zero compassion for anyone other than themselves. Esp. the woman their son is alleged to have murdered. IMO

How could they turn a blind eye and possibly help him delete his electronic footprint when his picture was all over the tv?? IMO

I guess when its your 'child', you are bereft, shocked and want to protect them BUT there is an innocent victim who has been murdered and her family who also are shocked, truly bereft and overwhelmingly devastated.IMO

Can the parents and/or brother be charged as accessories after the fact, if they helped him in anyway after the
crime? IMO

I guess their total lack of feelings, gives us some insight into why/how he became so socially awkward Ihuge understatement). IMO

Possibly a lawyer would tell the parents/brother that it is up to the crown to prove the allegation, don't say a word or help in any way. Don't know how these people can sleep at night but I am quite sure they sleep like a log.
If they truly helped in him evading detection, they can absolutely be charged with accessory after the fact or something similar. LE would need solid proof, however. I can see them simply saying they had no idea he was a suspect and hadn't seen the footage, "I don't watch the news", etc. Who honestly knows what they did or didn't do, it's hard to say.

If they truly helped in him evading detection, they can absolutely be charged with accessory after the fact or something similar. LE would need solid proof, however. I can see them simply saying they had no idea he was a suspect and hadn't seen the footage, "I don't watch the news", etc. Who honestly knows what they did or didn't do, it's hard to say.

Believable except that it was very strange that the ONLY public thing left visible on his mother's FB was a post about him saving that guy last year. I think this is just too coincidental, and calculated.

Unrelated to Tess's murder, but discouraged about the random, violent acts towards at least 5 women in the Village. Happy that there has been an arrest imo.
https://www.cp24.com/news/arrest-ma...ts-on-women-in-downtown-core-police-1.3890746
A 24-year-old man has been arrested following a series of “random and unprovoked” attacks in broad daylight on women in and near Toronto’s gay village, police say.

The suspect is accused of assaulting five women over a span of four days earlier this month.
Ahmed Oumer, 24, of Toronto, was arrested on Wednesday morning and charged with two counts of assault, two counts of assault with a weapon and one count of assault causing bodily harm.

Police say that their investigation remains ongoing.

With all the chatter in Toronto this week after the van attack, and the discussions around "incels" (involuntary celibates), is it strange that I automatically thought of this case? Just saying.

With all the chatter in Toronto this week after the van attack, and the discussions around "incels" (involuntary celibates), is it strange that I automatically thought of this case? Just saying.

Funny you should say that. I thought the same thing.

Any word as to what occurred?

None that I could locate, there were a few articles from the 19th of April that mention her, mainly talking about TPS though. IMO, based on the evidence available to us, there may be a PB in effect.

Edit: Possibility KS was to appear in court this morning, unable to confirm. There may be an update given to the public in regards to certain aspects of the investigation, just speculating here.

None that I could locate, there were a few articles from the 19th of April that mention her, mainly talking about TPS though. IMO, based on the evidence available to us, there may be a PB in effect.

Edit: Possibility KS was to appear in court this morning, unable to confirm. There may be an update given to the public in regards to certain aspects of the investigation, just speculating here.
Interesting, thank you. Yes, I couldn't find anything myself as well.

I've become so reflective of this case all over again. The upgrade to first degree murder is so telling. The possibility of him being some sort of misogynist or incel just keeps resonating with me and I can't shake it. I want justice for this poor girl and her sweet family.

Not weird at all - that's what I alluded to in an early post when I was talking about PUA sites. PUA stuff usually leads to incel stuff once the "techniques" don't work.

Just noting this recent event.
Woman, 18, sexually assaulted at Madison Avenue Pub
Woman, 18, sexually assaulted at Madison Avenue Pub
image.jpg

Surveillance camera images of a suspect wanted in connection with a sexual assault at the Madison Avenue Pub is shown. (Toronto police handout)
May 30, 2018

Toronto police are investigating after an 18-year-old woman was sexually assaulted on the patio of the Madison Avenue Pub.

Police said the alleged incident took place at the pub, located in the area of Bloor Street West and Madison Avenue, on May 19."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back