Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you will find many WPS staff living near there lol
I don't think this is even a discussion. We each are fond of our own neighborhoods and would defend them as they are a direct reflection of ourselves in some ways. I have my opinion of what I see, you have yours, and others have there's. So be it. Is differing opinions worthy of a debate when they clearly will never be equal? It is what it is. And every neighborhood, regardless of stature, is vulnerable to crime.

Or better yet did somebody go and say anything to her?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

No, the person who saw the woman who resembles Thelma didn't take a picture of her nor did she say anything to her. Initially, she thought the woman was a co-worker, but when she got closer, she thought it was Thelma! She said the woman waddled back and forth, from left to right.

If Thelma waddles, I think her family and WPS would have mentioned it.

No, the person who saw the woman who resembles Thelma didn't take a picture of her nor did she say anything to her. Initially, she thought the woman was a co-worker, but when she got closer, she thought it was Thelma! She said the woman waddled back and forth, from left to right.

And waddling doesn't seem to match up with someone who is a serious walker, training for an extensive hike.

She didn't waddle in the surveillance video.

If Thelma had been in hiding with no exercise she could easily have put weight on and started to waddle.
I looked up the address and it is the Grain Exchange. Think there might be a restaurant in here, other than that, not sure if it's some sort of museum.
Would a missing person go to a place like that? Probably not Thelma in her home town.

This praise is for all the gals on Websleuths , I like to give credit where due

If not for modern technology , police and society would have a much harder time finding and tracking missing persons like Mrs Krull . Cell phone signals , Closed Circuit Cameras , and Global positioning Satellites are all being used .

Hollywood Actor Ronald Reagan became President of The United States when he was 69 years old and was 77 when his term was finished . He was speaking to a crowd of high school graduates and college students when one of them popped up and said old pharts and old fossils like you do not even use computers or cell phones , so how can you teach us anything.

We old guys invented all that technology .... was Reagan's brilliant reply

Hollywood Actress Hedy Lamarr joined the war effort in the 1940's and used her celebrity status to sell war bonds , but when German Torpedos started sinking passenger ships she said .... "I've got to invent something that will put a stop to that".

And she did , Hedy invented the Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum method of transmitting radio signals by rapidly switching a carrier among many frequency channels, using a pseudorandom sequence known to both transmitter and receiver. It is used as a multiple access method in the frequency-hopping code division multiple access (FH-CDMA) scheme.

FHSS is a wireless technology that spreads its signal over rapidly changing frequencies. Each available frequency band is subdivided into sub-frequencies. Signals rapidly hop among these in a pre-determined order. Interference at a specific frequency will only affect the signal during that short interval.

In other words , to this day , all cell phone wireless technology is still based on her invention , Thank you Hedy and all gals everywhere , that is how we know whether Mrs Krull's phone was at home , or on a Toboggan hill in Winnipeg , or in Paris France.

Thank you for the information. Hedy is one of my favorite actresses and was beautiful and very bright. I can't believe that I hadn't heard of this before.

If Thelma had been in hiding with no exercise she could easily have put weight on and started to waddle.
I looked up the address and it is the Grain Exchange. Think there might be a restaurant in here, other than that, not sure if it's some sort of museum.
Would a missing person go to a place like that? Probably not Thelma in her home town.

The person who may have seen Thelma didn't say if she was wearing glasses or if she spotted her in or outside the building. 167 Lombard Avenue is the Grain Exchange Bldg,
a historic landmark of yesteryear and a thriving hub of business and commerce. It is located in downtown Winnipeg at Portage Avenue and Main Street. Here is a picture of it.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Gr...2!3m1!1s0x52ea715b5141d669:0x7d0d74b5f0ab5305

Just my 2 cents or so here....every single neighbourhood in a larger centre such as Winnipeg...have what different folks consider good and bad areas...I for one DO live in Elmwood.......as I've seen Elmwood classified so far as 'sketchy' 'low income'...what have you...
I will say this...there are pockets of good and bad in it as in all neighbourhoods...there are some lovely areas...& there are some downright scary spots....I for one live in one of the lovely spots...and we are not low income....yet a few blocks away...not so much... :/
For example you live in a nice neighbourhood...good neighbours ..everyone keeps up their yard...etc....& suddenly the neighbour's house *& I'm talking fairly pricey* is surrounded by police...come to find out it was a 'grow-op' house....or the house where the murder happened...etc...etc...and you never had a clue....

Anyways....I think crime in general in the entire city has risen so much in even the last decade...

We moved in here from the farm almost 20 years ago....& didn't notice anything much going on ...until recently...

We've considered moving more south to St. Vital...my daughter lives there...nice quiet safe....until there was also a murder 3 doors down from her...and a drive by on a house across the street from her...in a place you'd NEVER think it would happen.....makes you want to move back to the country entirely I tell ya....you just never know nowadays...no matter how 'good' your neighbourhood is supposed to be....

Anyways....just checking in on Thelma's thread....I check the fb every day...hoping there will be some news of any sort...I think of her every day...it has stuck with me...one of those cases that hits close to home that is for sure....

Anyways....I think crime in general in the entire city has risen so much in even the last decade...

This is entirely untrue and it confuses me why so many people, not just in Winnipeg, have this incorrect perception.

I also find it laughable at some of the areas of the city that have been described as unsafe from further up in the thread. I kind of feel sorry for anyone who thinks it's unsafe around Henderson where the Mr.Sub is located. It can't be fun living scared like that.

Anyways, regarding Thelma Krull, was it ever 100% confirmed that it was her glasses they found last month? I just have a hard time processing finding a pair of glasses and being able to determine who's they are with complete certainty.

Also, it was mentioned earlier upthread that it appeared she lost a lot of weight over the last few months. It's not uncommon for people to do that when they're looking at breaking off a long-term relationship. Obviously just speculation on my part (and yes I realize she was training for an intense hike out west), but I have a hard time believing that someone unknown to her decided to kidnap/harm Thelma in some manner. Those types of incidents happen so rarely, especially during the morning of a middle class suburban neighbourhood.

This is entirely untrue and it confuses me why so many people, not just in Winnipeg, have this incorrect perception.

I also find it laughable at some of the areas of the city that have been described as unsafe from further up in the thread. I kind of feel sorry for anyone who thinks it's unsafe around Henderson where the Mr.Sub is located. It can't be fun living scared like that.

Anyways, regarding Thelma Krull, was it ever 100% confirmed that it was her glasses they found last month? I just have a hard time processing finding a pair of glasses and being able to determine who's they are with complete certainty.

Also, it was mentioned earlier upthread that it appeared she lost a lot of weight over the last few months. It's not uncommon for people to do that when they're looking at breaking off a long-term relationship. Obviously just speculation on my part (and yes I realize she was training for an intense hike out west), but I have a hard time believing that someone unknown to her decided to kidnap/harm Thelma in some manner. Those types of incidents happen so rarely, especially during the morning of a middle class suburban neighbourhood.

I think because even though crime is going down it's always on the list of most violent/dangerous Canadian cities. And fwiw I don't think her disappearance has anything to do with how dangerous Winnipeg is or isn't. I think she either left on her own or was harmed by someone she knew.

Good question about the glasses.

Thank you for the information. Hedy is one of my favorite actresses and was beautiful and very bright. I can't believe that I hadn't heard of this before.

FYI -
Hedy's folly : the life and breakthrough inventions of Hedy Lamarr, the most beautiful woman in the world / Richard Rhodes.
Available at your local library. I just chose this as our nonfiction selection for January book club!

Sorry, off topic. Promoting reading!

BBM above...
It may well be true that the crime 'stats' overall are not higher in fact some are lower...for that I do agree & I will admit my statement was in general my take on my neighbourhood since we've been here...it was far different when we moved here....BUT...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ower-than-5-year-average-say-police-1.2962215

This article above...backs up what you are saying about crime in general....but look at the stats for Abductions in one year...up 150% Sexual assaults...in one year...up 200% ...but over 5 years the % isn't as much...but bad enough.....the crimes that actually went down in #...are 'in general' ....property crimes....

According to this article below ...we are still ranked as the #1 province for reported violent crimes....followed by Sask.....

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/22/property-crimes-up-violent-crimes-down

"Provincially, a Statistics Canada report also released Wednesday once again showed Manitoba to be the violent crime capital of Canada. Despite a dip of 7.31% in reported violent crimes in Manitoba, the province remains just ahead of Saskatchewan for the dubious distinction."

& this article....while good news if the trend continues...we as a city are still not a shining example....let's hope the trend carries on in the long term...

http://www.cjob.com/2015/07/22/79618/

"Winnipeg was still the third most violent city in Canada in 2014, according to police-reported crime statistics released by Statistics Canada. Thunder Bay was number one, Saskatoon number two. Manitoba was the most violent province."

If I'm talking about crimes I'm worried about personally...& this is just MOO...it's against people....not property crimes....

And btw...welcome to Websleuths!:wagon:

I think because even though crime is going down it's always on the list of most violent/dangerous Canadian cities. And fwiw I don't think her disappearance has anything to do with how dangerous Winnipeg is or isn't. I think she either left on her own or was harmed by someone she knew.

Good question about the glasses.
Crime is not going down. It's gotten more violent out there. There's more drugs, gangs, and property crime.
it's in every area and outside of the city.

Crime is not going down. It's gotten more violent out there. There's more drugs, gangs, and property crime.
it's in every area and outside of the city.

The article I first linked to:

However, Winnipeg nonetheless remains the violent crime capital of Canada. Despite a 19% drop in the number of violent crimes from the year before, Winnipeg’s violent crime rate led the country at 119.9 incidents per 100,000 people in 2013, despite a 19% decrease from 2012.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/07/23/winnipeg-still-violent-crime-capital-of-canada

Crime rate, severity drop in Winnipeg and Manitoba, StatsCan says

WINNIPEG – The crime rate and the severity of crimes in Winnipeg and Manitoba have dropped significantly, a report from Statistics Canada says – but the city and province still rank highest for severity of violent crime.

The report appears to confirm the Winnipeg Police Service’s assertion Tuesday that crime is dropping in the city.

The drop was greater in Winnipeg, where the crime severity index dropped to 83.2 – a 15 per cent drop – and the actual crime rate went down to 5,368 crimes per 100,000 people, a drop of 16 per cent.

I am confident that the eyeglasses found on the grounds of the VGCC belong to Thelma. The Police likely showed them to her family and if they match the ones she is wearing in her latest picture, the chance they belong to someone else is slim to none imo. If more proof is required, they can take them to the store she bought them at.

TK's DNA would be on the glasses and maybe suspect DNA .

This is Thelma's case. We don't even know what happened to her and whether or not there is a perp. A couple of posts have been removed as discussion surrounding crime as it relates to ethnicity doesn't belong in this thread.

:tyou:

I am confident that the eyeglasses found on the grounds of the VGCC belong to Thelma. The Police likely showed them to her family and if they match the ones she is wearing in her latest picture, the chance they belong to someone else is slim to none imo. If more proof is required, they can take them to the store she bought them at.

It is relatively easy to determine if a pair of glasses belongs to a specific person because all eyeglass prescriptions are relatively specific.

#1 The specific prescription is documented per each patient and the prescription in the lens can be
verified via a lensometer .

#2 The pupillary distance of the patients eyes is documented per each patient and can be verified in
the lens via a lensometer.

#3 The specific height of a bi-focal (lined, no-lined, etc) is documented per each patient and is specific to the frame they choose and can be verified via a lensometer.

#4 The manufacture, model and size of the frame (occasionally temples) are documented per each patient.

#5 Specific lens ordered is documented per each patient (anti-reflective, transition lenses, poly-carbonate, polished edges etc.).

I forgot to add that this is my opinion on how glasses can be linked to a specific person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713