Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thelma Krull’s family to hold ‘Light the Walk Home’

The family of a missing woman say they are holding an event this weekend and the public is welcome to attend.

“On Saturday, July 18, at 9:30 p.m. we will be holding a walk for anyone interested to join as we “Light the Walk Home” for my mom,” writes her daughter, Lisa Besser, in an email to media. “Flashlights, head lights, etc would be preferred over candles as they are safer.”

The walk will start at the hill behind Kildonan East Collegiate and will continue until the end of Concordia Avenue.

http://metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/1430779/thelma-krulls-family-to-hold-light-the-walk-home/

Matou,
From what I heard, her phone was turned off. Nothing can be done in that situation.
Cell phone companies differ with the type of ping information they can provide. But nothing can be done about a cell that is turned off.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

From the last post on her personal facebook, people are asked to look out for the following items:

- white earbud headphones
- blue/green/white plaid hat
- tan hiking boots
- black belt pack
- iphone 4

People are asked to not pick up any of these items but to notify Winnipeg police immediately.

https://www.facebook.com/thelma.therriaultkrull?fref=ts

Matou,
From what I heard, her phone was turned off. Nothing can be done in that situation.
Cell phone companies differ with the type of ping information they can provide. But nothing can be done about a cell that is turned off.

I wonder how they know her phone was turned off, as opposed to the battery running out? Do people even turn their phones off anymore? Why bring it on a walk and have it turned off? If we are supposed to be looking for earbuds, then that means she may have been listening to music. If she was using it for music, then the phone would be on. There aren't that many cell providers here, so hopefully that won't be a dead end. So many questions. :(

Cell company can't tell if it is turned off or dead battery. But I suspect it was turned off or the battery removed by the perp.

From the last post on her personal facebook, people are asked to look out for the following items:

- white earbud headphones
- blue/green/white plaid hat
- tan hiking boots
- black belt pack
- iphone 4

People are asked to not pick up any of these items but to notify Winnipeg police immediately.

https://www.facebook.com/thelma.therriaultkrull?fref=ts
Why that hat? Did she wear it every time she went walking? Did she walk at the same time every day?

Thelma Krull’s family to hold ‘Light the Walk Home’

The family of a missing woman say they are holding an event this weekend and the public is welcome to attend.

“On Saturday, July 18, at 9:30 p.m. we will be holding a walk for anyone interested to join as we “Light the Walk Home” for my mom,” writes her daughter, Lisa Besser, in an email to media. “Flashlights, head lights, etc would be preferred over candles as they are safer.”

The walk will start at the hill behind Kildonan East Collegiate and will continue until the end of Concordia Avenue.

http://metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/1430779/thelma-krulls-family-to-hold-light-the-walk-home/
After the walk:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ews-family-s-faith-in-the-community-1.3158638
Lisa Besser, Krull's daughter, said the family is touched by how so many people are coming together for the walk Saturday night."It makes us feel like we're not alone, definitely renewed [our] faith in the community and in Winnipeg," Besser said.

A series of community-led searches have taken place since Krull was last seen, but very few details have surfaced that have helped investigators make sense of the case.​

"We're grasping at straws," Const. Eric Hofley told reporters at a Friday press conference.

Krull's glasses were discovered during a search in the area around the Kimberly Avenue toboggan hill between Valley Gardens Community Centre and Kildonan East Collegiate earlier this week.

Winnipeg Transit has issued a $5,000 reward for information that helps investigators locate Krull.

Winnipeg Police started searching the area because there was a ping from her cellphone from that area. That is when the glasses were discovered. There were various other items found in the area (back lane close by for example) like a sock and some headphones but can't be linked to her (yet). According to chatter on the Thelma Missing FB page.
A blow to the head would certainly send a person's glasses flying off their head which is why I think Thelma's glasses were most likely found on the trail she was walking on when she was attacked. Are LE using scent dogs?

Most walker/joggers don't carry money with them so I doubt she was attacked for money. jmo
I doubt robbery was the motive. Glasses left behind suggests a struggle. The perp would need a vehicle to transport her. But where. Hope police are checking all surveillance of vehicles seen in the area.
Scent dogs only work if nobody has contaminated the trail and if it hasn't rained.
I think this woman was abducted. Her glasses would indicate where she was when she was initially taken into a vehicle. I hope she is found soon and found alive.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-s-disappearance-has-police-stumped-1.3157230

"Investigators said Friday they believe she was in the area of the Kimberly Avenue toboggan hill between Valley Gardens Community Club and Kildonan East Collegiate at about 8 a.m. that same morning."
All indications point to her glasses being found near toboggan hill, unless someone can find a statement that pinpoints where the glasses were actually found, I'm going off of this location. Based on her glasses being found approximately there, I also feel she was assaulted then forced to leave the area of assault. I bet she isn't far though. Something has been overlooked.

Here is a google map screen grab of toboggan hill. Areas surrounding toboggan hill (which is part of Civic Park) include residences, a college, a football club, an arena, two elementary schools, the community club, a church, and lots of easy-access parking hidden from view. How many of those buildings are unoccupied during this time of year? Did every bush, nook and cranny get searched?

image.jpg

would love to know how far away the glasses were discovered from where the pic of tennis players on bikes is. Where was the pic of bikers taken? Where are the closest tennis courts? Where exactly were the glasses found? This Kildonan Tennis Club seems too far away from Civic Park. Red River., ugh..... =\

image.jpg

There's something more to this. Either she walked the route she did because she planned to meet someone, or she was despondent and ended up near the community centre before ending her life? Which is it?

Why would anyone overtake a woman who is nearly 60? Clearly it's not because she is sexy. What causes men to have a bizarre thought to attack a senior citizen?

Imo, if a female is listening to music on an iphone and walking alone in a secluded area, they won't be able to hear someone sneaking up behind them. They are the easiest victims to accost.

I feel this was a crime of opportunity. The perp lay in wait, watched her approaching, then assaulted her when he felt no one was looking.

Gig Tu,

When you say that you bet she isn't far, what are you thinking?

She would have to have left in a vehicle.
She would have had to have been incapacitated to be able to get her in without detection. Or deceased. No blood found or nothing to indicate death in that area.
From what all of us WSers know about these kinds of things is that a perp doesn't start out with a crime like this.

Winnipeg has so many dense brush areas and you don't have to drive far outside the city to find more or river access points.

I'm thinking that whoever assaulted her forced her to a nearby building or group of bushes, by knifepoint maybe. However, this is all based on knowing nothing about where the glasses were actually located, and assuming she was attacked near toboggan hill.

I think she could have been stuffed into an auto and driven off too, but that seems riskier for the perp attacking a feisty woman. Maybe I just don't want my mind to go there with all the possibilities that come with being driven away. That darn Red River is so close.....

How hard is it to open manhole?

Manhole covers are very heavy and to remove them requires specialized equipment. Typically, modern manhole covers come in two designs: ones with holes in the top and ones that are solid.

To safely remove a solid-surface manhole cover requires the use a magnetic manhole cover lifter dolly. A manhole dolly usually can be purchased where hardware is sold. These dollies use industrial-grade magnets to lock onto the manhole cover's metal surface. Place the dolly's magnets over the cover and lower to secure. Once the magnets have connected with the metal, use the dolly's crank to turn its gears and lift the cover. Once the cover is lifted, wheel the dolly to the side to expose the underground hole.

To safely remove a manhole cover with one or more built-in holes requires a manhole cover hook. A manhole cover hook is made of impact-resistant metal. Insert the hooked end into the hole and lift at a slanted 45-degree angle. As you lift one edge, pull it toward you so that the lifted edge rests on the ground. When you have one edge up, continue pulling to slide the cover away from the hole rather than trying to lift it vertically.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_5456025_safely-remove-stuck-manhole-covers.html

I can open the manhole cover on my back lane without any special tools.

The river is close but it would be difficult to dump a body at that time of day.

Cell company can't tell if it is turned off or dead battery. But I suspect it was turned off or the battery removed by the perp.

Removal of the battery from an iPhone 4 is no easy task.

[video=youtube;qVeYHKtV5Ac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVeYHKtV5Ac[/video]

I don't have an iPhone so I have no idea. I just know you can't ping a phone that's off or no battery.

I can open the manhole cover on my back lane without any special tools.

The river is close but it would be difficult to dump a body at that time of day.

How did you do that? Manhole covers are made of cast iron so they can withstand a great amount of pressure. This article on removing manholes also says you can use a crowbar to remove a manhole cover, however, it is best to buy a specialized manhole cover hook from a reputable hardware supplies store. Because you can seriously injure yourself if you attempt to remove the lid on your own, they advise you to call the city’s engineer’s office and have them do it.

Imo, if manhole covers could easily be removed by hand, people would be throwing things in them left and right; therefore, to prevent this from happening, they are purposely designed so they are too heavy and awkward to lift without the use of proper equipment.

In the City of Winnipeg, you’re not allowed to remove a tree branch if it’s on City property. Because manholes are on City property, I don’t think a person is allowed to remove them on their own. jmo

http://www.howtodothings.com/home-garden/how-to-remove-a-manhole-cover

so you think someone who hypothetically killed someone would've concerned about what the city would and wouldn't allow?

Dropping something of a substantial size into a sewer would create a blockage, so I am pretty sure that can be ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine