Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an avid walker myself, I felt uneasy about walking early weekend mornings. I walk to work every weekday but felt uneasy about weekend mornings. Less traffic, less people out and some of the people out just seemed creepy. I now drive weekend mornings. I walk a well paved old train line, weekdays it is filled with people walking, jogging or riding bikes to work, but not so on weekend mornings

I'm with you Otto. I first thought she killed herself by jumping into the red river but the found eyeglasses changed it for me.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Like so many other women that age with a broken marriage and empty nest, it's easy to believe when a woman who is about 50 years old vanishes, it's because she wanted to disappear - even when she, for example, is Catholic and has infant grandchildren.

Thankfully, there is CCTV to prove that this woman really did go for a walk ... but why, if she was going for a walk, is there evidence of her at a community center? I would expect that someone who takes an early morning walk to a specific place has business at that place. Was she traced to that location, or were her things traced to that location?

I just read on Facebook that police are searching on Tu Pelo Ave. Behind superstore. If you look at the map you can see a small green space. I don't know that area so not sure what it is.

I don't know if this is the green space you meant KMouse...(surrounded in lime green) ...if so here is the view from Tu-pelo (red dot white circle) looking NE...it's the power line...for the large towers...it runs almost entirely across from the river out towards the perimeter in a ne-sw line...If I could zoom out and show the entire Elmwood/EK/Transcona area...it's fairly visible across the area...

Tu-pelo1a.png

Tu-pelo-Line1.png

As an avid walker myself, I felt uneasy about walking early weekend mornings. I walk to work every weekday but felt uneasy about weekend mornings. Less traffic, less people out and some of the people out just seemed creepy. I now drive weekend mornings. I walk a well paved old train line, weekdays it is filled with people walking, jogging or riding bikes to work, but not so on weekend mornings

There's something more to this. Either she walked the route she did because she planned to meet someone, or she was despondent and ended up near the community centre before ending her life? Which is it?

Why would anyone overtake a woman who is nearly 60? Clearly it's not because she is sexy. What causes men to have a bizarre thought to attack a senior citizen?

According to police , Thelma was on this trail between Kildonan East Collegiate and The Valley community center at 8:00 AM ... she left home at 7:23 AM

It would appear she kept up the brisk pace she began with when she left home and she must have taken a direct route via Concordia .

krull 8am trail between kildonan collegiate and valley center.JPG krull 8am on trail between kildonan collegiate and valley center cbc reporter.JPGkrull 8am trail between kildonan collegiate and valley center on  map.JPG

(Some quotes from her husband Robert)

--- He said he was still sleeping when his wife left their house for a hike Saturday morning. He said they had planned to meet at Canadian Tire, she would walk there and he would drive.

--- He said he last saw his wife on Friday night, when she talked about waking up early to go on her walk.

--- "We had discussed … getting a ladder from Canadian Tire. She was going to call me when she got there; I was going to take the truck up and purchase it, and do a few other things and go to the birthday party," he said.

(that means she had her phone with her)
(police have likely mapped out at least part of her phone movements)
(Robert said he first became concerned when she had not called by 10:00 am)
(Police were notified when she did not attend grandsons afternoon birthday party)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-on-valley-gardens-community-centre-1.3151422
http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/man...-update-missing-woman-investigation-1.3152984
(video with reporter on trail) http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Manitoba/ID/2671972043/

I am going to change my mind about my earlier comment stating a rapist (for example) would not do anything in an open public place like the Valley community center with tennis players (etc) around

Now , after looking at the walking trail I changed my mind , it is almost rural , shrubs and bushes , places to hide , and away from people .

But that still leaves the nagging problem there is a long stretch without streets or access by cars .... that's presuming she was taken away by car.

Plus we do not know if she kept walking (un-accosted) after 8:00 AM ... she may have gone another mile or two for all we know. I presume police got the 8:00 info from a phone ping .

Why would anyone overtake a woman who is nearly 60? Clearly it's not because she is sexy. What causes men to have a bizarre thought to attack a senior citizen?

58 yr old women ARE sexy!

However, sexual assault is not about seeking out a pleasant sexual encounter ... it's an act of violence. 90 yr old women are sexually assaulted.

There has been a couple of recent Winnipeg sex assaults on women walking and the perp was on a bike.
It's a crime of opportunity for these attackers.

When I go on walks, I get bored easily and try new ways all the time. I like to add in little bonus sections to lengthen my walk, which often includes an out of the way golf course. It is green, pretty, quiet, and has wildlife to entertain me. I do not find it at all odd that Thelma would walk up to the beautiful country club just to keep things interesting.

When I go on walks, I get bored easily and try new ways all the time. I like to add in little bonus sections to lengthen my walk, which often includes an out of the way golf course. It is green, pretty, quiet, and has wildlife to entertain me. I do not find it at all odd that Thelma would walk up to the beautiful country club just to keep things interesting.

Same.

I often change up the daily route depending on what other people are doing too, because I hate having to walk around people or get bumped into. I wonder what would happen if one of my walks were to be analyzed by WS: Why did she go up that street only to loop back around? Why cross in the middle of the street and not at the intersection? Does she stop to talk to every dog, or just certain breeds?

Very curious situation. In cases like this, broadly speaking, it is usually a person known to the woman who causes their disappearance. Didn't the RCMP just say that recently?

I don't know why otto is speculating about suicide and despondent empty nesters, whatever that means. Nothing we have heard about TK indicates that she would be in that sort of mindset. This is also a pretty quiet suburban neighbourhood.

I can't read the Free Press, because its behind a paywall now, and it isn't a good enough paper for me to spend my money on, so I have to stick with the CBC website. Haven't seen anything new today.

I think this woman was abducted. Her glasses would indicate where she was when she was initially taken into a vehicle. I hope she is found soon and found alive.
Yes. But abducted to where? Other then her glasses there is no evidence at the community club.

Yes. But abducted to where? Other then her glasses there is no evidence at the community club.

IDK. There may be a freaky person lurking about. I remember a woman in New Brunswick was held in a man's basement for awhile. She was taken from a shopping centre parking lot (Walmart I think) and she escaped and ran away on the street and was rescued. The perp was a complete freak.

Does the community club have CCTV? I would look for video surveillance of any vehicles, especially vans, SUVs, trucks leaving the area during that time.

That's just it....we have no idea how warped minds work.

Does the community club have CCTV? I would look for video surveillance of any vehicles, especially vans, SUVs, trucks leaving the area during that time.
Not sure. Doesn't sound like it from what I have heard. Unless they do but not in the direction where her stuff was found.

No idea. Police would know. Our sex offenders are protected and their whereabouts aren't public access.
Just seems so odd that some creep would be waiting there at that time of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member