Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in central Hamilton ,and we have quite a few stolen cars dropped off here, so I have been keeping an eye out for Tim's truck. Apparently quite a few people drive a dodge ram ,because I've seen many of them in the last few days.
I don't believe that this truck ended up at the reserve (as many of them do) because the wanted men are white and someone there would have reported it ,or be implicated in this crime.
What I do believe is that these men have committed previous offences.
I've sent copies of the websites that I'm posting privately to the police department ,because I saw it on another website yesterday ,and it was bugging me. Better to be wrong ,but at least report it.
I'm not sure if the men in these videos are the same height and weight,but they have a stolen truck,are white and are working together. They have not been caught.

Suspect Truck - YouTube

EBIKE STOLEN - YouTube

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...TOLEN-FROM-KING-EDWARD-AVE-W0QQAdIdZ472494752

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...ower-Ram-3500-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ482363749

:wagon: Researchnut!

Wow, on the “EBIKE STOLEN” video of the 2 thieves, it looks as if their heights might be close to the test drivers.

Test-driver #1: about 6-foot-1 and 170 to 180 pounds and unshaven with short, light to medium brown hair. He was wearing blue jeans and a long-sleeved orange shirt with running shoes.

Test-driver #2: around 5-foot-9 with a small to medium build. He had dark hair and had a red, hooded sweatshirt pulled up over his head.

These guys might be part of a roving gang of thieves and having had success with bikes, have now moved onto larger ticket items. Great sleuthing and I’m sure LE will be grateful for the tip!

Praying that today is the day that Tim comes home safely to his wonderful family and friends.

I live in central Hamilton ,and we have quite a few stolen cars dropped off here, so I have been keeping an eye out for Tim's truck. Apparently quite a few people drive a dodge ram ,because I've seen many of them in the last few days.
I don't believe that this truck ended up at the reserve (as many of them do) because the wanted men are white and someone there would have reported it ,or be implicated in this crime.
What I do believe is that these men have committed previous offences.
I've sent copies of the websites that I'm posting privately to the police department ,because I saw it on another website yesterday ,and it was bugging me. Better to be wrong ,but at least report it.
I'm not sure if the men in these videos are the same height and weight,but they have a stolen truck,are white and are working together. They have not been caught.

Suspect Truck - YouTube

EBIKE STOLEN - YouTube

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...TOLEN-FROM-KING-EDWARD-AVE-W0QQAdIdZ472494752

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...ower-Ram-3500-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ482363749

Thanks, RN, good job!

You say that you have seen lots of Ram trucks around since you started looking.

May I ask if they are specifically 3500's?

There are many 1500 Ram Trucks.around, they are a very popular truck. But in my area, the 3500 is much less common. It is a heavy duty truck. Maybe in Hamilton the 3500's are prolific?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2557918--our-daughter-needs-her-daddy-says-tearful-sharlene-bosma/

Bosma had his cellphone on him, but it was turned off shortly after his disappearance. Because of the rural area's poor reception, police were able to track its last ping — that is, the final signal from the phone that bounced off the nearest tower — only to within 50 kilometres.

^^I wonder if this is why LE was focused on the area between Ancaster and Brantford. Maybe if they had headed towards Hamilton/Toronto, there would have been more pings?

The marine unit was called in Thursday to search a pond in an area off Book Road. The search stemmed from a tip from a neighbour who heard noises around the time of the disappearance.

Nothing was found.

^^ I wonder what kind of noises. :(

I googled "test drive carjacking" and a few articles came up regarding this topic. For example, this one:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/Cou...rrested/-/1648/18405678/-/lgld8u/-/index.html

What transpired in this incident is how I would imagine this type of situation to unfold:

the man allegedly threatened the salesman with a knife and told him to get out. Authorities said the pair then stole gasoline and fled.

If the guys in this case just wanted the truck, I can't understand why they would kidnap or harm TB. I know things can go wrong and get out of control, especially if TB fought back. I just can't wrap my head around it. Where could he be? I feel like they should have found him by now. I do hope he is found safe and alive! His poor wife and child need him.

I googled "test drive carjacking" and a few articles came up regarding this topic. For example, this one:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/Cou...rrested/-/1648/18405678/-/lgld8u/-/index.html

What transpired in this incident is how I would imagine this type of situation to unfold:

If the guys in this case just wanted the truck, I can't understand why they would kidnap or harm TB. I know things can go wrong and get out of control, especially if TB fought back. I just can't wrap my head around it. Where could he be? I feel like they should have found him by now. I do hope he is found safe and alive! His poor wife and child need him.

The only thing I keep thinking is if he got into the passenger seat, like I've read and the one guy was behind him, it leaves him much more vulnerable sadly :(

Morning everyone. I'm playing catch up here. I think everyone is doing a great job digging into this. Let's hope today is the day Tim comes home.

The post on Kijiji that said to call police "even if you find a phone on the ground" made me think of something. I saw an ad on Kijiji yesterday that someone had found a set of GMC keys on a bench on the rail trail just the other day. I'm going to try and find the ad again and I'll post it. I don't know if "GMC keys" means the keys themselves were for a GMC vehicle or if that meant a GMC keychain was attached. I guess we don't know what Tim's keys looked like, do we? Do they have a second vehicle?

Here it is. The ad was listed on May 8th

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-communi...C-KEYS-ON-RAIL-TRAIL-BENCH-W0QQAdIdZ482420893

Note: The rail trail extends from Hamilton into Brantford.

Great catch! I think you should call it into LE just to be on the safe side. Found on the bench — someone could have come along and observed the keys in the brush and then put them up on the bench before they were found by the person who placed the ad.

There is parking at the rail trail — “Hamilton-Brantford Rail Trail” (it intersects Highway 52 at Power Line Rd West) and is just north of the 403. Very close by…

Hi FF, Not to be argumentative ,but my kids are aboriginal ,and I also go up to the reserve to get cigarettes sometimes.
Believe me ,you stick out when you are as white as I am. Someone would have noticed two white guys ,one with red hair and I would hope that the homicide squad would be astute enough to work with the reserve police to check out the suspected chop shops.That is most likely one of the first places that they contacted.

Hi FF, Not to be argumentative ,but my kids are aboriginal ,and I also go up to the reserve to get cigarettes sometimes.
Believe me ,you stick out when you are as white as I am. Someone would have noticed two white guys ,one with red hair and I would hope that the homicide squad would be astute enough to work with the reserve police to check out the suspected chop shops.That is most likely one of the first places that they contacted.
RN - who has red hair?

Great catch! I think you should call it into LE just to be on the safe side. Found on the bench — someone could have come along and observed the keys in the brush and then put them up on the bench before they were found by the person who placed the ad.

There is parking at the rail trail — “Hamilton-Brantford Rail Trail” (it intersects Highway 52 at Power Line Rd West) and is just north of the 403. Very close by…

Wow, I didn't realize it intersected that closely! Good call, I'll inform LE.

Hi researchnut! I don't think either of the suspects had red hair but had a red hoodie on and up on his head. This man is described and having dark hair. The other was unshaven and had light to medium brown hair. I've been on the reserve myself and visited for some ceremonies and not all Mohawks have the typical black hair and dark skin. Some are actually blond from mixed heritage and have status. I know what you mean though. Voice and vocal mannerisms would tell me is the guys came from the reserve, there is a bit of an accent, IMO. These guys may or may not be from the reserve and I hope all avenues are being explored in this. JMO

I read quite a bit about the thefts. The men stealing the ebikes were driving in a stolen pickup as well.

Also, one of my friends who is autistic came to my house around 4 months ago. He had given a down payment to someone for a computer and had been ripped off.

Even though the transactions had been conducted through phone interaction,I called Kijiji to ask if they could trace the person through their information. Of course they refused for privacy reasons, but the police could probably have them access the people that clicked on the original add for the truck.
It could be anyone that took Tim and I'm hoping that they are just holding him because of fear.
People talk,so lets pray that they said something to someone.

What sickens me is that they disappear without a trace or sighting? I know they are working on leads but wow. In other cases we've had a lot to talk about, in this one hardly anything. It's all very eerie to me.

In regards to someone who said that perhaps the writing on Tim's fingers were notes for his speech? If you look at the photo they are on his knuckles. Whether or not something like that is done in jail like someone else mentioned I have no clue myself ...

Hi people!

Hamilton Homicide will be holding a press conference shortly. This is from CP 24 on Twitter. BUT, the tweet didn't say what/who the subject matter is!!

I'll keep following on Twitter.

Presser at 11:30

Matthew Van Dongen ‏@Mattatthespec
Significant search updates on #FindTimBosma coming from @HamiltonPolice at 11:30 a.m. I'll tweet the latest #Hamont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery