Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does this information about the fairgrounds come from?

What if during the test drive, they got in an accident, and Tim reacted, and the buyers panicked?

The new Ancaster Fairgrounds are nearby at:
630 Trinity Road South, Hamilton, ON L0R 1R0
(near Wilson St. W and Trinity/Highway 52)

I think you're spot on about the chingers and that's why LE believes it's all about the truck.

when i sold my last car, a man came with this girlfriend to test drive it. i had them meet me at my business, during the day, so that others were there. where i went wrong: i went with him to test drive the car. i knew he had recently gotten out of jail (i don't know what he was in there for). BUT - my point is... NEVER AGAIN. don't ask me what i was thinking. i feel so stupid now. but when my dad and i have sold cars in the past, we've always gone with the people who were interested and wanted to test drive. but this world is getting scarier by the minute... i will never ever EVER do it again. if they want to steal my $1500ish car... go right ahead... it's not worth going along for the ride and risking so much more!

:notgood: :doh:

The new Ancaster Fairgrounds are nearby at:
630 Trinity Road South, Hamilton, ON L0R 1R0
(near Wilson St. W and Trinity/Highway 52)

I think you're spot on about the chingers and that's why LE believes it's all about the truck.

Yes, thank-you, I see the fairgrounds are close by, but, was it stated by Tim that's where he was going?

There are now 62 guests (and 13 members) reading Tim's thread, the guests have tripled since earlier this evening. Please register and join this discussion, the more thoughts the better.

Yes, thank-you, I see the fairgrounds are close by, but, was it stated by Tim that's where he was going?

I'm guessing that his wife saw them head in that direction from the house, so it was just mentioned as a general landmark. Just a guess.

you're right! Looks like SK (on middle finger) and OK (on index finger)
or read straight across SO KK

Pure assumption, but tattoo's on fingers are something done in jail? they look faded too, like a tattoo that has not been done "well"

I have lots of friends with finger tats that have never been to jail. Paid quite a bit with a good artist to have them done but since people use their hada for everything and rub/wash them more than other body parts they tend to fade pretty easily. Usually have to have them redo every 1-2 years.

Up-thread via MSM it was reported that Tim left with the potential purchasers and apparently headed north toward Highway 403 and that his final cell ping was near the 403 so I think the reference to the fairgrounds in the ad (to help find Tim) was just offered as a geographical reference point.

Maybe, if you were pretending to buy a powerful truck like Tim’s, you’d ask to take it for a run on the highway (the nearby 403) to put the pedal to the metal?

I am taking it that it was his wife who provided the descriptions of the men.

If so, she likely is not in the emotional state to sit down with a sketch artist.

I don't want to nitpick here, but I wonder what her reaction was to these two men. Did he leave so quickly that she couldn't object or warn him to be careful?

How closely did she see them? Did they come into the house, or were these fleeting glimpses through a window?

Did she realize right away that these were strangers there for a test drive, or did she think they were buddies of his?

Hi 67 Guests.......we know you 2 guys are creeping us to see what we have to say, KEEP THE TRUCK TO MAKE A FEW BUCKS, BUT RETURN TIM....his family needs him!!!!!

This is a pretty elaborate "carjacking".

I would imagine a couple of desperate guys high on drugs jacking a car, or someone being hunted intensely by the police after a prison escape, or similar situation.

This is a plan where these guys covered their tracks, presumably sat on a computer scouring want ads, and I am guessing called with a blocked number, or from a payphone

This reeks not of desperation but of planning. To what end? Who knows at this point. Did they just want the truck, or was something else at play here?

Did he have a daytimer or somewhere where he hand-scribbled or jotted notes? I have sold things on Craigslist or Kijiji before, and I have sometimes called the potential buyer more than once, or got their number in case of a snag.

I wonder if he had some back and forth phone conversations, or if it was one call, and if that can be traced through his cell provider?

I presume the truck had a security system so that stealing it from the yard would be near impossible? I wonder if Tim posted a “for sale” sign with his cell number in the window of the truck? I think the thugs just wanted the truck and could turn it around for $3-5,000 so they went for it and sold Tim a believable story on the phone, took the truck, and somehow removed Tim from the situation.

(O/T: I’m chopping veggies for chili with a big cleaver, so bring me the chingers to be sorted out.) :seeya:

We just sold my elderly father-in-law’s sedan. Our mechanic posted a “for sale” sign at his shop and was able to refer 2 potential buyers. The first chap was not a regular customer of our mechanic so DH went for the test drive with him. The second man was a well-respected patron so we just allowed him to take it for a solo spin (and he subsequently purchased it for his daughter).

I think you’d go with the potential purchaser if you were a private seller…

I think considering how people are today, if you ever have to sell another vehicle, just hold their license and let them drive it themselves. Nobody's vehicle is worth a life.

I'd like us to bring Tim home safe, and we can all go over to your place for chili to celebrate, Unscripted. Sounds tasty! =-)

When I read the statement about T.B., his church and religious faith stood out.

It would seem that as a rural, religious man he likely saw the best in people. It is not as surprising then, that he could be sweet-talked or conned into getting into the truck with these people, if that is what happened.

I think considering how people are today, if you ever have to sell another vehicle, just hold their license and let them drive it themselves. Nobody's vehicle is worth a life.

Keep their paperwork, tuck them into the seatbelt and gently inform them that they’re time-locked into place and if they’re not back in 25 minutes the electronic seat gooser will kick in.

This whole scenario really freaks me out. Just two years ago my husband sold his F350 (through Kijiji). A young male came up to our house (rural just like the Bosma's) took it for a test drive. I remember standing outside with my hubby thinking we totally just gave that kid our truck and he could have gone in any direction! I don't remember getting a license or anything. Seemed like a nice kid and I guess that was enough for us, but now I'm thinking it was very dangerous and irresponsible.

One thing that stand out for me is the one suspect with the handoodie pulled up. Maybe just me but seems like that would be something you would do to conceal your identity. Shady.

Its also disturbing that finding these vehicles on reserve lands is a common occurrence. It is like that here in my province too. Someones car or truck gets stolen, the first place people start looking is on the reserves. Its so unfortunate.

I hope they find him soon!!!

I live in central Hamilton ,and we have quite a few stolen cars dropped off here, so I have been keeping an eye out for Tim's truck. Apparently quite a few people drive a dodge ram ,because I've seen many of them in the last few days.
I don't believe that this truck ended up at the reserve (as many of them do) because the wanted men are white and someone there would have reported it ,or be implicated in this crime.
What I do believe is that these men have committed previous offences.
I've sent copies of the websites that I'm posting privately to the police department ,because I saw it on another website yesterday ,and it was bugging me. Better to be wrong ,but at least report it.
I'm not sure if the men in these videos are the same height and weight,but they have a stolen truck,are white and are working together. They have not been caught.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJs_rx6rVVo"]Suspect Truck - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mig8L9QxYs"]EBIKE STOLEN - YouTube[/ame]

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...TOLEN-FROM-KING-EDWARD-AVE-W0QQAdIdZ472494752

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...ower-Ram-3500-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ482363749

I live in central Hamilton ,and we have quite a few stolen cars dropped off here, so I have been keeping an eye out for Tim's truck. Apparently quite a few people drive a dodge ram ,because I've seen many of them in the last few days.
I don't believe that this truck ended up at the reserve (as many of them do) because the wanted men are white and someone there would have reported it ,or be implicated in this crime.
What I do believe is that these men have committed previous offences.
I've sent copies of the websites that I'm posting privately to the police department ,because I saw it on another website yesterday ,and it was bugging me. Better to be wrong ,but at least report it.
I'm not sure if the men in these videos are the same height and weight,but they have a stolen truck,are white and are working together. They have not been caught.

Young guys addicted to drugs would do anything to make a quick pocket full of cash...it doesn't matter what colour their skin is to be involved with a chop shop on a reserve IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member