Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they came in by 4-wheeler and then loaded it in the truck?

thats certainly a possibility but that would mean they were pretty local and his wife would have seen/heard them, no? Wonder how much we arent being told.

thats certainly a possibility but that would mean they were pretty local and his wife would have seen/heard them, no? Wonder how much we arent being told.

Well, I suppose walking there would make them local but I don't think they walked. Unless they needed some wheels because they didn't have any and had to get somewhere but had no intention of paying. I was thinking they had rode up and hidden the 4-wheeler off the road further away. It was already pretty dark when they showed up.

Well, I suppose walking there would make them local but I don't think they walked. Unless they needed some wheels because they didn't have any and had to get somewhere but had no intention of paying. I was thinking they had rode up and hidden the 4-wheeler off the road further away. It was already pretty dark when they showed up.

good point, I didnt think of that. :blushing:

I'd bet on a third party dropping them off at the road and walking up the lane.

The wife did see them, she provided the description of the 2 guys.

I wonder if she heard their voices and what they said to her hubby and how they said it.

Let Tim go on a rural road somewhere, there are no cameras.

Considering the price of Diesel fuel, there is a good chance he would have fuelled at the reservation.The reservation is a ten minute ride from his house.
Hopefully police are looking in that area.Very friendly gas station attendants there.

My prayers go out to the Bosma Family.

I wonder if this band of thieves has now switched to Dodge, due to the scrutiny?

These vehicles had been stolen from Durham, York, Woodstock and Hamilton.

Top 10 types of vehicles recovered on Six Nations

1. Chevrolet Silverado Truck

2. GMC Sierra Truck

3. Cadillac Escalade

4. Chevrolet Trailblazer SS

5. Chevrolet Avalanche

6. Chevrolet Suburban

7. Chevrolet Tahoe

8. GMC Yukon Denali

9. Yukon XL Denali

10. Hummer

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2238397-how-police-turn-up-heat-on-auto-thieves-/

Does anyone know where "Foundation Studios" is? I couldn't find an address using Google Maps or a google search itself. The ad was posted in Hamilton on Kijiji and indicates a truck filled with band equipment was stolen on Sunday night (the night before Tim went missing). It's odd that the poster doesn't indicate the make/model of the truck...

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...rs-STOLEN-GEAR-PLEASE-HELP-W0QQAdIdZ481756941

I do NOT like the sounds of this. Oxy connection:

Car theft business starts, ends on reserve: chinger

There's a nasty connection between the high number of vehicles stolen in this area, underage drivers and the now-banned drug, Oxycontin.

Saturday, in a series on "chinging" -- the local slang for stealing cars because it sounds like ka-ching, or making money -- the series explored the way drug addiction has lead to a booming industry in car thefts, how things are changing with since Ontario delisted Oxycontin from the legal drug list and the way the Oxycontin cycle has looped people back into drugs and car thefts.

and this:

He kept clear of Brantford when he was stealing too, saying heading to this city to ching is asking for trouble.

“I would go to Toronto, Niagara Falls, Barrie, London. Then they're not looking for them on the reserve so fast. If you get them from Brantford, the chase is on.”

Timothy is highly skilled as a chinger: he can steal a car in four seconds.

His favourite way to work involved getting a list from his buyer and he'd just go a target the wanted cars.

“Sometimes they needed parts, like a certain set of rims, and sometimes they want the whole truck.”

If the order is just for a part, like the rims, Timothy would pull into a field, strip the car of sellable parts and leave it.

He often dealt in high-end vehicles, including Hummers.

“Once I ran over another car with a Hummer just to get it out of the driveway.”

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2012/04/30/car-theft-business-starts-ends-on-reserve-chinger

I think someone in their %#@*& despicable gang of thugs dropped them off. If Tim asked where their driver had gone, perhaps they said he didn’t want to be a bother and had gone to the convenience store for a pack of smokes etc. and would be back in 15 minutes to collect them after the test drive.

Maybe they told Tim over the phone they were working until 8 in Toronto and would get there as close to 9 as possible — delaying their arrival until it was dark.

Not many private sales by owner on Hamilton kijiji or AutoTrader (most are used car dealers). I think they targeted private sellers and then scouted out the location(s) of the owners. I wonder if any other private truck sellers in the area received a call to take their vehicle for a test drive in the past little while?

JMO

Here’s an article on the possibly that the 2 were dropped off:
http://news.ca.msn.com/ontario/mississauga/missing-man-told-his-wife-hed-be-right-back

Hire the kids, more profit:

Robert, the chinger who says he was spending $1,000 a day on Oxy pills, says some of his fellow chingers “run kids” because they're easier to manipulate.

“If you offer $1,000 to a kid for a stolen vehicle, that's a lot to them but you can turn around and sell it for $5,000.”

And, he says, there are some gangs and some ethnic groups operating in the chinging business on Six Nations, but they're mingled in with the homegrown car thieves.

The situation means there are teens running around the reserve in $100,000 Escalades, Robert says, which leads to more violent encounters with the police when the young drivers, fearful of being caught, simply ram their way out of the incident.

“If (a cop) jumps out and points a gun at me, I don't want to get shot. That's why more cops are getting rammed.”

Robert says he also avoids stealing or selling in Brantford.

“The cops don't like natives in Brantford. The only time I go to Brantford was when I went to jail. I used to sell all over the place, but not Brantford

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2012/04/30/car-theft-business-starts-ends-on-reserve-chinger

OK stealing a truck is one thing but where is TIM? Like his wife said, "It's only a truck!!!" It's been two days already.

Matou, I think they might have been strung on oxy and ended up over their heads.

If he's on the reserve, the police can't even go there.

In 2004 to 2006, more than 1,200 vehicles with an estimated value of $33-million, were hauled away from the reserve. In 2007, at least 578 were recovered. This year's tally so far exceeds 80.

And because the 18,000-hectare reserve - an hour's drive west of Toronto and home to the protagonists in the long-running Caledonia land-claim tussle - is so thickly forested, the real numbers are probably higher still.

The Ontario Provincial Police rarely ventures on to the reserve without the approval of its 28-officer police force.

"Some cars stay buried in the woods for years," said Detective Constable Wesley Barnes of the OPP-led joint forces auto-theft team, recently joined by the Six Nations police. "If you gave me a helicopter and the time, I could find you a hundred stolen cars."

Spirited away from hotels, train stations and other spots from across Ontario's Golden Horseshoe, the stolen vehicles are most commonly dumped at night. And like the Hummer and the Avalanche, the targets of choice are high-end pickup trucks and SUVs made by General Motors.

Mostly they are stolen for their parts. Discovered the next morning - if they are discovered - they have usually been stripped of their wheels and other fixtures and sometimes torched.

Talk to police both on and off the reserve and they will tell you that, like everywhere else, a sizable proportion of the thieves are juveniles who face little or no jail time. And as also happens elsewhere, drugs appear to play a part in fuelling the trade in hot car parts - in particular, demand for the prescription painkiller Oxycontin.

http://www.marchforfreedom.com/smf/index.php?topic=24.0

The tires on Tim's truck were not the target for the theft, they were not special

But of the 160,000 cars stolen nationwide in 2006, the Insurance Bureau of Canada reckons that parts from at least 25,000 were resold and recycled, invariably for a fraction of their value.

And by every estimate, the bulk of the vehicles being retrieved from Six Nations were stolen to be "chopped." Expensive wheels - sometimes worth several thousand dollars a set - head the list of the items sought by what police believe to be a loose network of crooked, off-reserve mechanics and auto-body shops.

http://www.marchforfreedom.com/smf/index.php?topic=24.0

Considering the price of Diesel fuel, there is a good chance he would have fuelled at the reservation.The reservation is a ten minute ride from his house.
Hopefully police are looking in that area.Very friendly gas station attendants there.

My prayers go out to the Bosma Family.

Welcome Beag! :welcome:

A few questions: Would you need to be a member of the Reservation in order to purchase gas there? Is Reservation gasoline/diesel dyed? I think “farm gas” is because it’s not taxed (or is only partially tariffed). Do many non-native locals fuel up at that location?

I wonder if anyone else took a test drive? If so, did Tim go with them for that test drive also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiemi