Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're right! Looks like SK (on middle finger) and OK (on index finger)
or read straight across SO KK

Pure assumption, but tattoo's on fingers are something done in jail? they look faded too, like a tattoo that has not been done "well"

In the first picture, in colour of Tim, the tattoo is not visible.

Thats the thing, apparently, they didn't even pull up... Two guys,. one with a hoody one walking up my dirt drive way in a rural area, would not compel me to go with them.. At 9:20pm??? Something is way strange here... Even living in the country, people have to have some kind of street smarts?
Am I wrong?

Something tells me, Timothy knew these people... Leaving in the dark with two strangers that "walked" to my home in the country, is too far fetched IMHO.

Some people's biggest fault is being too trusting.

Thats the thing, apparently, they didn't even pull up... Two guys,. one with a hoody one walking up my dirt drive way in a rural area, would not compel me to go with them.. At 9:20pm??? Something is way strange here... Even living in the country, people have to have some kind of street smarts?
Am I wrong?

Something tells me, Timothy knew these people... Leaving in the dark with two strangers that "walked" to my home in the country, is too far fetched IMHO.

You're right, I should have used a better figure of speech. "Wandering up" is appropriate here.

Also, who drops people at an address and just takes off without checking that they are safe, or that the seller of the truck is in fact home?

Major alarm bells here.

Am I wrong?

The other thing that would have struck me as suspicious was that the one guy had his hood up. Monday evening was absolutely beautiful out. Fairly warm, low winds and not a cloud in the sky. I checked the weather archives and it would have been around 15 degrees C (around 60 degrees F) at 9:30 on Monday evening.

http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climateData/hourlydata_e.html?StationID=5097&Month=5&Day=6&Year=2013&timeframe=1

Just speculation but could the 2 men thought he had money? I mean once you call someone and get their address to arrange to meet, it isn't hard for them to "scope" the place out. Holding him for ransom eventually? I mean, look at the house, the property, the truck. From the photographer's website and comments he had his wife's ring made, they were building their home? Could the people who took him suspected he had money and be trying to take him for more? I'm probably way off base but money can be evil ...

Just speculation but could the 2 men thought he had money? I mean once you call someone and get their address to arrange to meet, it isn't hard for them to "scope" the place out. Holding him for ransom eventually? I mean, look at the house, the property, the truck. From the photographer's website and comments he had his wife's ring made, they were building their home? Could the people who took him suspected he had money and be trying to take him for more? I'm probably way off base but money can be evil ...

I'd considered this scenario as well. But the more time that goes by, the less I think a ransom is possible.

Another scenario - again, probably far-fetched...but no one has mentioned it yet: Is there any possibility there was an accident? What if the truck was accidentally driven into a body of water or down a steep embankment? I know it sounds really unlikely, but I remember seeing this woman on Dr. Oz who was stuck in her car for like, 4 or 5 days, under some brush in a ditch. No one passing by saw her! She survived by drinking the dew off the leaves outside the driver's window.

I'd considered this scenario as well. But the more time that goes by, the less I think a ransom is possible.

Another scenario - again, probably far-fetched...but no one has mentioned it yet: Is there any possibility there was an accident? What if the truck was accidentally driven into a body of water or down a steep embankment? I know it sounds really unlikely, but I remember seeing this woman on Dr. Oz who was stuck in her car for like, 4 or 5 days, under some brush in a ditch. No one passing by saw her! She survived by drinking the dew off the leaves outside the driver's window.

I was thinking the same thing....but one would wonder where the families of the other two men would be. It would seem a shady situation from the other perspective as well "my husband went to test drive a truck with a seller and never returned" kind of thing.

Whomever posted about desperation and thieves changing their patterns, I totally agree with. Most of the trucks were stolen from parking lots and driveways, but I know there was recently a large bust and hundreds of trucks found on one of the reservations, so i'm wondering if the car strippers are just getting desperate enough to start answering ads. Maybe their intent was simply to steal the truck but Tim wouldn't let them take it on their own...or fought back and things got out of hand

These two guys WALKED to the home and left with Timothy in the truck? Is this true?

Wow, this is a weird one.

A few thoughts:

1. How much fuel was in the truck? When was the last time Tim fueled it, and did he normally fill it or what were his habits. Same gas station all the time? Did he travel to the reserve to fuel it?

2. Where are the closest gas stations? If the perps were intending on a long drive, they would have wanted to fuel it.

3. When I worked at a car dealership, we had a Dodge Ram Truck 1500 stolen from the car auction we had just bought it from. LE recovered it in a crate, at the ports in Montreal. It was recovered with many stolen vehicles headed overseas. At the time (10 years ago), the blackmarket for the these trucks in the Middle East, Africa and Russia was HUGE. Thieves are known to run up and down the 401 car pool lots and steal these vehicles, and ship them immediately.

4. Cummins Diesel 3500 Ram Trucks are hard to find, legit and otherwise. They are a workhorse, the engines are powerful and extremely popular. They hold their resale value like no other.

5. The tires on Tim's truck are too small, fwiw. Was it a work vehicle for him or just a driver?

6. Test drive sounds pretty suspicious. Had anyone else looked at the truck or drove it yet? Was it priced to market value?

Sounds like you guys are definitely on the right track, digging up other thefts. Look at this:

Hamilton police said Thursday they now have several leads that might help them find Bosma, according to Staff Sergeant Matt Kavanagh.

On Wednesday, police released descriptions of the two men that were last seen with Bosma.

"We have quite a lot of feedback from the public and from other police departments after putting that information out to the media," Kavanagh said.

Police did not provide sketches of the men along with the physical descriptions released Wednesday, but Kavanagh said they may do so if the current leads don't pan out.

"Once we've exhausted those, we might do a sketch, but there's some pretty good leads coming through."

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/07/hamilton-missing-man.html

I was thinking the same thing....but one would wonder where the families of the other two men would be. It would seem a shady situation from the other perspective as well "my husband went to test drive a truck with a seller and never returned" kind of thing.

Whomever posted about desperation and thieves changing their patterns, I totally agree with. Most of the trucks were stolen from parking lots and driveways, but I know there was recently a large bust and hundreds of trucks found on one of the reservations, so i'm wondering if the car strippers are just getting desperate enough to start answering ads. Maybe their intent was simply to steal the truck but Tim wouldn't let them take it on their own...or fought back and things got out of hand

That's the only thing that makes sense to me. It seems mad to think that people would plan to murder someone just to take a second hand car.

Surely if the plan was to steal the car, then they could just have pushed Tim out somewhere along the route, and then driven off.

I am trying to ketchup and I apologize if I missed this somewhere along the way but there is no mention of a vehicle dropping these guys off? I cant imagine walking up this rural road to check out a truck unless of course I was a neighbor... extremely odd.

I am trying to ketchup and I apologize if I missed this somewhere along the way but there is no mention of a vehicle dropping these guys off? I cant imagine walking up this rural road to check out a truck unless of course I was a neighbor... extremely odd.

What if they came in by 4-wheeler and then loaded it in the truck?

Questions:

1. Is it correct just his wife was home - no other witnesses to the arrival of these men?

2. When did police receive a call?

3. I assume all of this activity with Tim's phone occurred BEFORE police were called.

4. Hope this gets a good resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members