Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Pre-Starbucks rambling alert)

Suspects #1 and #2 are, IMO, underlings in a theft ring and are therefore expendable. After muffing up on Sunday in Etobicoke, I’m going to speculate that the middleman (boss), who probably dropped them off, was not prepared to waste much more time scoring a vehicle.

Perhaps the test-driving thugs were told to drive with Tim northward (on Trinity/Highway 52) toward the 403 and their boss would intercept them? The question is where? – it’s all open farmer’s fields, the seasonal fairgrounds and a few businesses until you get to the 403. I do think it’s possible that the “boss” dealt with Tim and told the underlings to take the country roads and get the vehicle to the desired end location (recalling alleged 10:10pm truck sighting in downtown Brantford). I think the thugs know the area pretty well.

As for the calls on the bogusly registered cell used in and around Etobicoke, it could be that there was a chop shop in the area – a lot of older industrial areas all over (south and north).

JMO

Question: would peripheral biker cells engage in this sort of theft activity?

I think it's gang-related. I'm wondering if the first guy that they test drove with had a visible weapon or something in his car. Even if he's big, I don't think they'd have problems overpowering him two or even three to one. I'm really curious why the first test drive went ok.

Just a few thoughts that crossed my mind: I would suggest that searchers check fields during their searches. IMO, all they really wanted was the truck, and wouldn't have wasted much time with Tim. There may have been a short struggle to overpower him, and then they may have just ditched him somewhere quickly (possibly injured or otherwise :( ) and thrown the phone out the window (I wonder what condition the phone was in when found- possible damage from being thrown, such as broken screen or dent...or less damage such as being purposely placed/planted). Then they could have easily made their getaway to their "chop shop", possibly driving into the back of a waiting transport vehicle to escape detection.

Oops- posted too soon. If the phone seems to have been "placed", then to me that would suggest they took more time to "hide" Tim somewhere. If the phone looks like it was thrown half-hazardly, then they may have just gotten Tim out of the vehicle just as quickly, and he just hasn't been found yet.

Best case scenario- maybe he's wandering dazed somewhere and will soon be found :praying:.

This made me think of something. It's becoming very common for gangs in the etobicoke/scarborough area to have tasers. I just saw a news story last week that border services intercepted a package of about six of them bound for etobicoke. They are disguised as cell phones too.

Also - with regard to "Mike's" comment on the CTV story. There was a lot of buzz on the unofficial FB page yesterday afternoon that a body was recovered from the bank of the grand river. Some people said it was Tim's - it was all TOTAL speculation and I can't find a single MSM article that says a body was found in Brantford yesterday.

And finally, I'm praying Tim comes home today :please:

I think it's gang-related. I'm wondering if the first guy that they test drove with had a visible weapon or something in his car. Even if he's big, I don't think they'd have problems overpowering him two or even three to one. I'm really curious why the first test drive went ok.

It was the middle of the day. Maybe there were too many people around, or something else spooked them. I don't think it's a coincidence they test drove TB's truck so late.

Do we know when they first called TB to set something up? I'm wondering if it was after the "failed" test drive the day before.

? Gang initiation — state your “ambition”: to steal a Dodge Ram 3500. Completely plausible imo.

I think the Etobicoke seller was a large muscular chap and the area was densely populated and busy so that there was no opportunity for the truck theft/abduction to take place. JMO

It doesn't seem like these thugs wanted to abduct a person per se. They wanted a specific truck ... But he went along for the test drive. I'm holding out hope that he is just lost somewhere.

It doesn't seem like these thugs wanted to abduct a person per se. They wanted a specific truck ... But he went along for the test drive. I'm holding out hope that he is just lost somewhere.

Agree gardenia, it was NOT about Tim at all, but rather to steal a predetermined vehicle/truck… or an expensive one.

I hope anyone who has any inkling whatsoever as to the identity of the suspect test-drivers calls it in ASAP, because I’m guessing they (the test-drivers) are disposable items right about now. JMO

If you're going to steal a truck, why schedule the test drive for the middle of the day in a busy area? And if foul play was on their minds, wouldn't they have done/said something that made the first guy at least feel uneasy - hey! Do we mind if we take it for a spin on this (isolated) country road?

It almost sounds like the first test drive was an effort to get their feet wet or even a decoy. While chances are that they wanted the truck, not Tim, I'm not ready to write off the possibility that Tim was the target.

If you're going to steal a truck, why schedule the test drive for the middle of the day in a busy area? And if foul play was on their minds, wouldn't they have done/said something that made the first guy at least feel uneasy - hey! Do we mind if we take it for a spin on this (isolated) country road?

It almost sounds like the first test drive was an effort to get their feet wet or even a decoy. While chances are that they wanted the truck, not Tim, I'm not ready to write off the possibility that Tim was the target.

BBM - I agree it doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think of is it was a Sunday. Maybe they expected the "industrial area" to be more deserted than it ended up being?

Methinks the suspects were expendable eejits in some sort of scheme/theft/initiation.

Apparently the Etobicoke seller was suspicious and (imo) not inclined to permit a lengthy road trip to any rural byways.

My 19 year old son and his friends are all into viewing cars for sale on kijiji online. Rarely do any of them ever actually go to see a vehicle but I've always considered it safe. This will change for us, we will be much more careful.

There are two outcomes for the phone info.

1. The numbers dialled are to parties unknown to the two men i.e. potential sellers of trucks, or businesses where they have no prior contact or paper trail.

2. Known friends or criminal associates. This would be ideal, as it would provide police direct access to the men after an interview room roasting.

My 19 year old son and his friends are all into viewing cars for sale on kijiji online. Rarely do any of them ever actually go to see a vehicle but I've always considered it safe. This will change for us, we will be much more careful.

I always use Kijiji for all sorts of things albeit not for a car. Just got a set of lawn chairs yesterday... I have never had any problems.

Foremost on the Twittersphere this morning from Hamilton Police:

HPSActionTeam4 ‏@HPSActionTeam4 2m
#TimBosma Tip Line
1-905-546-2100

#HamOnt Crime Stoppers
1-800-222-8477
http://bit.ly/qefcC2

So it all makes more sense to me now why LE is refusing help from the public searching and why the family are happy with how the investigation is going.

It's posted in this MSM article that Chris Noordan Tim's brother in law is LE from Sarnia. Although I find it weird he is quoted as saying the following. BBM:
Noordan, a police officer in Sarnia, has seen a lot in his 13 years as a cop. But he said nothing could have prepared him for this week.

"There is just no rhyme or reason to this," he said.

"Tim is a completely innocent guy ...a straight up, easy to get along with guy."

If he's spent 13 yrs as LE in Sarnia, then he was around for this Noelle Paquette case just this year. Maybe because this one has hit home?

See full story here:
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2873712--we-know-god-is-with-him-/

The perp is looking for a high-powered, laser tat-remover re: distinctive "boxed" tattoo AND probably sporting a nice wide wrist-watch right about now.

http://www.cjbk.com/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1958274

and at least they're not calling it "buttons" re: Nighisti Semret's unresolved murder-so-foul.

"He wore a heavy, three-quarter-length dark jacket with circular buttons doh! :waiting::waiting: on the cuffs, a light-coloured scarf and dark hat." May 11, 2013
see page 3 of the Semret WS thread .. buttons it ain't!

Thinking of that "watch" as well!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188950&page=3

Ashton Patis ‏@AshtonPatis 5m

OPP helicopter now circling industrial area off 403 in #Brantford in search for missing #TimBosma pic.twitter.com/S3YRveqda8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*