Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When LE said they would update Monday if nothing significant happened over the weekend, I wonder if they plan on offering a reward for info leading to the recovery of Tim or the arrest of that second person. Almost like they are certainly planning an announcement of some sort on Monday.

I think we will only hear from LE over the weekend, if TB is found. Monday, Im guessing we will hear that the 2nd POI is arrested. JMO: With his full name being used in MSM and his FB still wide open, leads me to believe he is either in custody as we speak or is on the run without his IPhone. Once his acct goes poof, he either lawyered up or he is crappin' his pants!!!!

Am's name and FB page were reported on CP24 late last night ,which makes it public knowledge.<For those of you that are catching up and do not know who AM is just check through the news reports.
It can take a year to settle a will because it has to go through probate. Devens father probably left a complicated will ,and then there is inheritance tax. Deven would have to come up with a percentage of what his fathers property was worth. Life insurance also takes time to settle.If there was a life insurance.
It has only been 4 months since Devens father passed away.

There is no inheritance tax in Canada, must be a USA thing you're referring to. Upon death in Canada the estate will pay any taxes owed, the beneficiary does not have to pay the taxes or come up with any money. Again, no one really knows the net worth of any of the people involved in this, but it certainly makes for a better news story if indeed it is a "rich kid gone bad" deal. Perhaps upon the death of DM's father, the "gravy train" if there indeed was one, dried up or at least was put on hold until the estate was settled, combined with what looks like the disolvement of the family business left DM with no means to cover the expensive hobby of motor sports...

I did but doesn't have much to go by except an Oakville connection JMO

There was a tweet about DM selling a property in Oakville in the past year

Find Tim Bosma &#8207;@FindTim1 11h

Dellen Millard appears to have sold an Oakville property in the past year. Do you know of his other properties? Tip 9055462100 #TimBosma RT

Read the comments guys. I wonder if these people are the general public or his "FRIENDS".:jail:

His name was in the media talking about his FB account. We have been talking about that pic here on WS. With the high volume of people that have been reading here and with the media putting his name out there, Im guessing they are just people from the general public.

There is no inheritance tax in Canada, must be a USA thing you're referring to. Upon death in Canada the estate will pay any taxes owed, the beneficiary does not have to pay the taxes or come up with any money. Again, no one really knows the net worth of any of the people involved in this, but it certainly makes for a better news story if indeed it is a "rich kid gone bad" deal. Perhaps upon the death of DM's father, the "gravy train" if there indeed was one, dried up or at least was put on hold until the estate was settled, combined with what looks like the disolvement of the family business left DM with no means to cover the expensive hobby of motor sports...

In my Canada ,you pay taxes on all kinds of things when someone dies. Here is an easy site to understand. I made sure that I got life insurance ,so my kids would not lose their home if I die , P.S. Everything in Canada is legislated and taxed except for clocks and dirt.
http://estatelawcanada.blogspot.ca/2010/03/does-canada-have-death-taxes-or.html

Dellen millards father died last year, he may have been given commercial property (hangers) and residential property in the will. The police are searching everywhere. I just wonder why they have not posted a picture of suspect #2. They must know who he is. Perhaps they are worried about spooking him?

Dellen millards father died last year, he may have been given commercial property (hangers) and residential property in the will. The police are searching everywhere. I just wonder why they have not posted a picture of suspect #2. They must know who he is. Perhaps they are worried about spooking him?

I have been wondering the same thing! If his picture was out there surely someone would come forward and know what this guy has been up to the last week...unless he is already in custody!

His name has been floating around media and online. Im sure the LE either have been tailing him or already have him in custody/questioning. I think we will only hear from LE this weekend if Tim is found.

Another thought. Maybe 2 are in custody but neither are talking. Maybe by LE leading public to believe one is still out there they hope to generate more tips and information in regards to what these two have been up to?

In my Canada ,you pay taxes on all kinds of things when someone dies. Here is an easy site to understand. I made sure that I got life insurance ,so my kids would not lose their home if I die , P.S. Everything in Canada is legislated and taxed except for clocks and dirt.
http://estatelawcanada.blogspot.ca/2010/03/does-canada-have-death-taxes-or.html

The deceased person's estate pays the taxes, not the beneficiaries, as I understand it - so the personal assets of beneficiaries named in the will are not attached to settle the debt of the estate. Estate planning is all about how to minimize the taxation impact of all the monies in the estate becoming taxable in the year of death.

All MOO, and HTH.

It looks like AM was named in MSM after I went to bed! Off to check some stuff. I hope he will be able to help with the investigation. People here were making the right connections, I believe. Now, where is TIM???? Is he locked up in a trailer somewhere? Come ON....I know it's crazy but I thought about the zoo animals that were found in the trailer in Quebec, one was a tiger (Jonah from the movie Life of Pi and some camels). They were found in a trailer and given water and cat food. Please, let Tim be alive and safe.

as of 10am this morning AM's FB is still accessible. how could this guy NOT be turning his FB off? maybe his iphone battery is at zero ... and he can't call any of his peeps to turn it off for him. fishy!

The deceased person's estate pays the taxes, not the beneficiaries, as I understand it - so the personal assets of beneficiaries named in the will are not attached to settle the debt of the estate. Estate planning is all about how to minimize the taxation impact of all the monies in the estate becoming taxable in the year of death.

All MOO, and HTH.

The "estate " pays the taxes. The "estate " is the person that already paid the taxes in order to own property.Then they"The estate" died and the person(S) that inherited the "estate" are taxed again on the capital gains(yes they do not have to pay for it,but an airport hanger etc. is a very costly property),which is paid by"The estate" but what did those boys live off of while the "estate " is in probate?
The lifestyle that they were living was a VERY expensive one

All MOO, and HTH.

You are correct... There are very rare occasions, where the CRA will have to go after the beneficiary of the estate to pay tax, but that's only because there wasn't enough money in the estate to cover the taxes. There is the running joke that "when I die, my kids will owe money" this is usually the case of so done who perhaps was unable to save, or does not have any real assets of value... Made poor decisions when it came to finances etc... In Canada though it is safe to say that the beneficiary of any inheritance shouldn't end up having to pay taxes etc if there were appropriate measures taken. Of course, once the inheritance is had, then you'll start paying taxes on the money indirectly! So rev Canada always gets their piece of the pie... My father always jokes that I won't pay the tax on inheritance but I will when I upgrade to the gold Rolex... I know, off topic...

people were asking about a fb page for DM... if you are on AM's page, type "de" and see who's initials spelled phonetically show up as a friend... interests include off roading, helicopters and renovating... but not much else is there... is this DM?

Notihing coming up for me.

people were asking about a fb page for DM... if you are on AM's page, type "de" and see who's initials spelled phonetically show up as a friend... interests include off roading, helicopters and renovating... but not much else is there... is this DM?

it's not giving me any results when i do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery