Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #3 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I wonder is, did the suspects even know that Tim Bosma's wife saw them when they arrived for the test drive? She saw them, but that does not mean that they knew she saw them, perhaps she saw from inside the house and they did not see her. That could happen at my house. Tim could have popped in the house for something before leaving on the test drive, that would be when he told his wife that they were from Toronto and he would be right back. If they did not know that she had seen them, that could explain why they were not being very careful about anything. She called the police when her husband did not come back and gave a description of the two suspects. It was her description of the two guys she saw, that caused the other guy that took them on a test drive of his truck to come forward with the information about the tattoo. While it was the tattoo that got DM caught, without the wife's description of the two men, we may have never found out about the tattoo.

I have been following this intensely since day one, as I live in Hamilton and my daughter's boss is friends with TB and his family. We are all devastated by this senseless act of violence.
I am so amazed by all your "sleuth work" and hope that you can continue to come up with ideas and tips to help LE find the remaining suspects and try and make some sense of this whole nightmare.
I have a question.......where was this massive trailer prior to it arriving at DM's mother's place?? No one seems to have mentioned if it was seen in Brantford or Waterloo that night or had it been stored in the hangar or was it sitting at DM's house in Etobicoke? It is such a huge vehicle, that perhaps someone might now remember seeing it in relationship to this investigation.
Keep up the good work everyone!!

The same question has been on my mind. Someone would know especially if it were the one they used to transport the race vehicles. It would be quite expensive I would think too.

Well, some funeral homes and cemeteries have incinerators.... They would be the people to ask....its in their job description

As an ex firefighter, I can honestly say the smell of burning flesh is unlike anything you will ever smell.

Non-Canadian here: is it possible to monitor the local police scanners the way it's sometimes done in US cases?

What I wonder is, did the suspects even know that Tim Bosma's wife saw them when they arrived for the test drive? She saw them, but that does not mean that they knew she saw them, perhaps she saw from inside the house and they did not see her. That could happen at my house. Tim could have popped in the house for something before leaving on the test drive, that would be when he told his wife that they were from Toronto and he would be right back. If they did not know that she had seen them, that could explain why they were not being very careful about anything. She called the police when her husband did not come back and gave a description of the two suspects. It was her description of the two guys she saw, that caused the other guy that took them on a test drive of his truck to come forward with the information about the tattoo. While it was the tattoo that got DM caught, without the wife's description of the two men, we may have never found out about the tattoo.

No, the cops linked the two incidents by tracing the numbers DM's burner cell called...the cops contacted the guy, not the other way around

Personally I think when they announced that SB had seen the perps on Wednesday, it made MB freak out and move the trailer to his mom's

They did not announce the tattoo until Friday

As gross as it sounds, MythBusters says it smells a lot like pork

thank you! so if someone smelled something like that, it might not make them wonder if something sinister was going on...

While it was the tattoo that got DM caught, without the wife's description of the two men, we may have never found out about the tattoo.

If I'm following correctly they found the other mark via the phone records after finding Tim's cell.

Thats what Im trying to figure out too. It says he defended 2 heroin traffickers but thats as far as I got right now. I've looked at the defendants names and tried placing with someone around DM but havent been successful yet. He's obviously associating with people who need a criminal lawyer!

He also was the defending lawyer for Mandeep Punia of Brampton she was charged in the death of her sister in law in 2009

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/04/14/poonam-litt-murder549.html

It isn't clear the wife identified the tattoo. I assumed the Etobicoke resident did. As for do they know the wife saw them, well if they watched her plea they would know because, if I'm not mistaken, she said, "I saw you..."

Nesto,

Sorry if you have already stated your thoughts but can you tell me where your thoughts are?
Thank you in advance!

Well,I think it was planned.... The motive, they wanted a truck for free. The plan was to obtain keys....because was easier that way. They wanted to take whoever owned vehicle and rid of them... The two may not have seen Tims wife, being that it was late at night. DM thought a pay as you go phone was secure....in the end he was mis-informed. His plan, failed due to the phone...and his "ambition" tattoo sealed his fate.... Really, without the info of tattoo...he would have been like every other "john doe" suspect.... 6'1 170lbs etc...

It isn't clear the wife identified the tattoo. I assumed the Etobicoke resident did. As for do they know the wife saw them, well if they watched her plea they would know because, if I'm not mistaken, she said, "I saw you..."

Etobicoke resident did...was said in the news briefing when tattoo was added as description.,,, he just couldnt remember what side "ambition" tattoo was on....and judging from pics... He had tats on both wrists...which is why he couldnt remember which side said "ambition'. I wonder what other side said? "Dumba$$" maybe?

No, the cops linked the two incidents by tracing the numbers DM's burner cell called...the cops contacted the guy, not the other way around

Personally I think when they announced that SB had seen the perps on Wednesday, it made MB freak out and move the trailer to his mom's

They did not announce the tattoo until Friday

Thanks! Still it could explain why they were not being careful, if they did not think she had seen them. This awful crime just doesn't make any sense :(.

Hi all!

Long time lurker and I believ I have only ever posted once! I'm shy, but alas, here I am.

I used to work at various cemeteries, some with crematoriums. An incinerated body has a very distinct smell. Almost sweet, if that makes any sense. Also, an incinerated body leaves behind ash and bits of bone, if done properly. I don't know about the incinerator found at the property, but a funeral crematorium is also equipped with special filters to mask a lot of the smell.

Just my 2 cents. If you have any other questions about this please ask and I will do my best to answer.

Keep on sleuthing. I love this website and the hard work you all do.

Cheers.

i hate to think about this... but would a burning body smell? like smell really bad... not just smell like something burning.

i guess i'm curious to know if it would smell in an incinerator as well as if it would smell in a regular burning.

I suspect this incinerator works much like a crematorium where the temperatures are so high that there is little or no smoke or odor. Look at all the crematoriums that are in populated areas and you never hear complaints.

Well,I think it was planned.... The motive, they wanted a truck for free. The plan was to obtain keys....because was easier that way. They wanted to take whoever owned vehicle and rid of them... The two may not have seen Tims wife, being that it was late at night. DM thought a pay as you go phone was secure....in the end he was mis-informed. His plan, failed due to the phone...and his "ambition" tattoo sealed his fate.... Really, without the info of tattoo...he would have been like every other "john doe" suspect.... 6'1 170lbs etc...

And that tattoo link is clearly amazing! Someone must have phoned in the tip about knowing DM had one.

My theory still resides with a bigger type of "Grand Theft Auto" living adventure. One of the friends had a GTA promo video on his FB page and it was pretty shocking.

What was the actual date that DM was stopped on Cawthra Rd by police? I know he was arrested on Saturday but maybe he was taken in for questioning earlier and then police determined his involved and arrested him the next day.

I also read Friday afternoon was when he arrested. My understanding was he got charged on Saturday. I wonder if its because Saturday was when he went in front of a judge through video media. But I'm pretty sure Friday is the day he went into custody.

I guess that food picture was removed? I wanted to check out that photo again. Almost like stocking up for a hide-out.

I have been following this intensely since day one, as I live in Hamilton and my daughter's boss is friends with TB and his family. We are all devastated by this senseless act of violence.
I am so amazed by all your "sleuth work" and hope that you can continue to come up with ideas and tips to help LE find the remaining suspects and try and make some sense of this whole nightmare.
I have a question.......where was this massive trailer prior to it arriving at DM's mother's place?? No one seems to have mentioned if it was seen in Brantford or Waterloo that night or had it been stored in the hangar or was it sitting at DM's house in Etobicoke? It is such a huge vehicle, that perhaps someone might now remember seeing it in relationship to this investigation.
Keep up the good work everyone!!

Also the only vehicle I have seen that could pull the 5th wheel hitch trailer is DM's red Dodge Ram, so the two could have been together. I believe at latest Police press release something was said about 3 vehicle warrants. Have to double check that though.

I find it highly ironic that DM's "Ambition" tattoo was what brought him down. just think, he's going to be staring at that thing for the rest of his life knowing that it sealed his fate, linking him to a murder. What a complete idiot.

Airports of all things have surveillance do they not? I guess a warrant would be needed and surely should show if the trailer was stored there and left the property. I'm trying to guess if the truck was towed to the mom's and put in the garage first or if the truck was put into the trailer and then towed. I would think you'd need a tow truck not just a Dodge Ram to tow a truck inside a trailer would you not? Does a Dodge Ram truck fit into a normal size garage?

A 3500 series truck will pull a 3500 series truck on a trailer no issue at all. Done it many a time.... Yes a 3500 truck is almost same size as any other truck, f150, silverado, ram 1500, etc not a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro