Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #5 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, that is all I Know. Perhaps I missed something........anyone?

I don't have links handy, but this isn't necessarily something soap-operish (such as mystery parentage etc). I've seen some sites recently that offer DNA services to let you find out things like what country/region your ancestors came from, and also to allow you to meet branches of your family you may not know of (if they are also registered/typed on the site). It was more of a social networking, DNA typing meets ancestry.com thing (the one I refer to--I DON'T know what site DM was allegedly on).

If you were suspicious or felt leary about it, would you go, or confront them with your vulnerable wife and child nearby. I know what I'd do...

I'd make up an excuse, say my child was ill and we had to go to the hospital, etc etc. One is no good to their wife and child if they are leary yet still go along with it and end up in trouble. I am a very firm believer in trusting your gut instinct and if something seems amiss or your spidey senses start to tingle, do not disregard....but that's just me.

I swear when this first all started and they showed the ad on the local news, that the ad had a "click here to show phone number" button on it.... Of course I can't find it now ... found it Bosma had included his cell phone number in the ad, so clipped from middle of story found here http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/07/hamilton-missing-man.html?cmp=rss... Why is kijiji changing their story ? ? ? I KNOW I saw the phone number before the ad was removed.

I deal alot with funerals, agree this was the weirdest obit I have seen. However requests for donations is not uncommon. Especially in the case of a suicide. JMO

I saw the phone number too, you're not alone in that.

The other outstanding feature of the obit ((to me)) was the lack of acknowledgement of lineage like name of WM's late parents or mention of extended family

I found obit of WM mother, he had a brother as well, but one not mentioned. Possible falling out with family? IMO

What do you mean....that you think they will report having found someone else's remains as well? If so, why do you think that?

If so, I personally think it's possible. There's no reason to believe that this isn't their first murder.

Maybe the K9 unit they brought to the farm is more of a "body" sniffing dog than a tracking dog, if they even have dogs for different purposes...

I don't have links handy, but this isn't necessarily something soap-operish (such as mystery parentage etc). I've seen some sites recently that offer DNA services to let you find out things like what country/region your ancestors came from, and also to allow you to meet branches of your family you may not know of (if they are also registered/typed on the site). It was more of a social networking, DNA typing meets ancestry.com thing (the one I refer to--I DON'T know what site DM was allegedly on).

DM's grandfather CM claimed to be a direct descendant of Mohawk leader Joseph Brant, which may have gotten him interested in the DNA thing

Established facts as revealed by the police:

1. No connection or link between murderer and victim, other than the actual incident.

2. Tim was killed and disposed of, but the accused kept the truck, which was found on his property, in a trailer owned by the accused.

3. According to the latest police sources, echoing what was initially revealed by the police, the truck was targeted in a thrill-seeking plot.

If everyone would keep these facts in order, we can stay focused on the proper direction to sleuth in. Especially, bear in mind point # 1. Otherwise, it's all just wild speculation.

No disrespect intended but LE also said Tim was targeted. LE keeps a lot of things closely under wraps for various reasons, let's not forget that point either.

I am a very firm believer in trusting your gut instinct and if something seems amiss or your spidey senses start to tingle, do not disregard....but that's just me.

Gut feeling is one of the most important defense mechanisms you have.

More often than not, you will be right.

I saw the phone number too, you're not alone in that.

Damage control by kijiji IMO. This story could potentially hurt theie numbers. Lots of people I am sure will think twice before using it in the future due to this happening IMO

Who knows why DMs parents split up? - maybe there were suspicions of infidelity on either side at some point years ago and DM wondered if perhaps he had a half-sibling out there. Or maybe he wondered if HE himself had a child out there.

No disrespect intended but LE also said Tim was targeted. LE keeps a lot of things closely under wraps for various reasons, let's not forget that point either.

They have stated he was targeted in relation to the truck.

I cant get the burnt "remains" out of my head and the picture of the 3 piles of dirt on the farm. With all this guy's toys, I cant help but thinking that they did something horrible to his body and then burnt the "remains". *shudder*
Just thinking about it makes me sick

Damage control by kijiji IMO. This story could potentially hurt theie numbers. Lots of people I am sure will think twice before using it in the future due to this happening IMO

That is most likely.

Gut feeling is one of the most important defense mechanisms you have.

More often than not, you will be right.

It has saved my bacon a few times. If you grow up in a family and atmosphere, surrounded by good and trusting/trustworthy people then you are perhaps less likely to be in tune with your instincts...but if you've had even one experience where you realize you should have trusted your gut, you'll never forget that lesson. IMO.

"Позвоните в волка"
It has a mistake or it is not Russian. The closest languages are Belorussian and Ukrainian, or it was written by a person who knows Russian as the second language.

After translating to English differently not "Call the wolf" but "Call TO the wolf", and searching the web for it, got a song: Hero Fails - Call to the Wolf.
A creepy coincidence?
Have not listen it yet.

Greetings all! First post here. I found the translation of [Позвоните в волка. Они обнаружили на ферме. Матфея] to be [Call the wolf. They found on the farm. Matthew]. If you mess around with the Google translation settings, which for some reason defaulted to Croatian, you get the translation I found.

You are right LE did say those words but the officer didn't clarify if he meant: "targeted for his truck", "targeted because of convenience" or "targeted because he was Tim Bosma".

<snip>

Also, if there is an official Tim Bosma Facebook site, you can link to that as well.

I've seen postings about such as site, but can't find it. It has been suggested that it was made private, by invitation only, to avoid spammers. Does anyone have any information on this?

Greetings all! First post here. I found the translation of [&#1055;&#1086;&#1079;&#1074;&#1086;&#1085;&#1080;&#1090;&#1077; &#1074; &#1074;&#1086;&#1083;&#1082;&#1072;. &#1054;&#1085;&#1080; &#1086;&#1073;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1091;&#1078;&#1080;&#1083;&#1080; &#1085;&#1072; &#1092;&#1077;&#1088;&#1084;&#1077;. &#1052;&#1072;&#1090;&#1092;&#1077;&#1103;] to be [Call the wolf. They found on the farm. Matthew]. If you mess around with the Google translation settings, which for some reason defaulted to Croatian, you get the translation I found.

Croatians do not use cyrillic - it would be Serbian that is Cyrillic. Language is very similar - almost identical less a few dialect but Croatians do not use cyrillic, they use latin letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000