Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #5 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure does point towards the theory of DM being involved in organized crime....

I don't know about organized crime in DM's case, but I do know that vehicles are stolen all the time for a higher purpose than just a "joy ride". Most likely a robbery. My only other thoughts on motive is that the truck was "ordered" from outside the country and DM and gang was filling that "order". Unfortunately, TB was in the way. God Bless his wife and daughter. Noone deserves this.

The thing about the obituary that really got me was how he referred to his father as "Wayne". He makes it clear it's him that writing it, and then doesn't really refer to him as "my father" or "my dad". It just seems so impersonal and...cold.
I wonder if he was one of those kids that referred to his parents by their first name (which imo is just weird), or if he was angry when he wrote it (those left behind after a suicide, if it really was, often experience a great deal of anger toward the deceased).
I just can't help but feel that if he was truly the loved and loving son that we are supposed to believe, that he would have written that obituary using "Dad" rather than Wayne to address his father.

There is a thread where it was discussed before. DM was an only child and often only children are more sophisticated or adult in their demeanor. They live with adults almost all of the time..associate with their parents adult friends and aren't exposed to sibling relationships. They are often very mature for their age because they live in a world with fewer peers. His parents were kind of hippie dippie save the animals people as well, so call me W and call me M instead of mom and dad was a liberal thing. We are equal, we have names .I am the age of his parents and have a son only 6 months younger than DM and I am an aging hippie, my son has a sister but I get it. I wouldn't read too much into that...being alone at the death of a parent without a sibling, the eulogy all on your shoulders..how eloquent can you be?

when you click on the link why so many crime scenes on the one property? shown on the map..gosh if they were in a panick to dispose of body would they not just do it quick and leave? not run around all over a 100 acre property in the dark...there is def more to this,

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/16/hamilton-tim-bosma-case-analyzed.html

Dear Heavens, there are 12 areas being investigated on that property. What are we dealing with? Was this perhaps an old burial ground of some sort or are we looking at killing fields? This is astounding.

Attachments

• investigation spots at farm.png
    investigation spots at farm.png
    568.8 KB · Views: 87
The best motive I have heard yet - makes perfect sense. The only other possible would be a thrill kill and this is very hard to write.

I think that the key word, on the link, was "generally" -- general reasons for stealing a vehicle. However, what crime could be committed that would require the use of a Dodge Ram diesel? The truck seemed, JMO, to be targeted because it was a matching vehicle for the red Dodge that they already had. They were using that truck for hauling, as shown in the pic where the black trailer is being hauled by it. I wonder if Tim's truck had a fifth wheel for hauling? Or were they seeking the parts from Tim's truck, specifically parts related to the drive train?

Maybe this truck was destined for a customization project?

Dear Heavens, there are 12 areas being investigated on that property. What are we dealing with? Was this perhaps an old burial ground of some sort or are we looking at killing fields? This is astounding.

Some of the marked areas are on the road in front of the house, so my guess would be that the 'areas of interest' could include basic things like tire tracks, footprints, discarded cigarette butts etc etc.

Many people who are in busines with family members refer to each other by their first names or even surnames. It's never a particularly good idea, in a medium to large size company, when the CEO is dealing with an employee issue to reply, "Well, I'll get back to you on that as soon as I find out what grampie thinks."

I would completely agree with you on that if it had of been about a business situation. But this is his fathers obituary. He's the only son. I think it comes off as cold, and somewhat aloof. Did his mother not refer to him as "Daddy" in her comment to DM? I can't recall, and the guestbook is now privatized.

One of the markers on that map is of a deer stand, it says

"A deer stand can be seen in the trees near the back of this farm west of Cambridge. Investigators may have been tipped off by the suspicious activity reported by people passing through the property"

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/16/hamilton-tim-bosma-case-analyzed.html

So I wonder if someone was out in the stand. If they had a scope on their rifle they would have been able to see a lot better.

Hello to all! This is my first post. I've been actively reading all your posts and keeping up to date on LE findings via web, news, and live streams. Too many unanswered questions at this point, it seems. But if we get back to basics as to motive and why the truck was stolen, you will see here top reasons for vehicles being stolen..........
http://www.ibc.ca/en/Insurance_Crime/Top_Ten_Stolen_Cars/

Now look at the 4 top reasons for stealing vehicles in this country and ask the ever so popular question "why would a millionaire steal a used truck when he could easily buy one?" Simple...to use it for another crime. You have your motive.

"Stolen cars used to commit other crimes are often recovered – abandoned and badly damaged – within 48 hours of their theft."

He'd have to commit another crime immediately - the truck was a very HOT truck, highly sought, very quickly due to the dramatic nature of the theft. I'd say that made it useless if they were planning to use it for another crime

Chasing more suspects
Hamilton police have been tight-lipped about the case, but have said they are looking for at least two more suspects — maybe more. Bryan said in a case like this where a suspect is already is custody, it's likely that officers are already watching other people.

"I'd be really surprised if somebody wasn't under surveillance right now," Bryan said. "Someone is being watched."

Police said they have video footage of a second vehicle following Bosma's truck when he took the two men for a test drive. "He didn't come there with a stranger. Now it's a matter of knocking down the doors of [Millard's] associates," Bryan said.

There is definitely something to this. If you look at google maps/landsat of the farm on Roseville Rd there is what looks to be an industrial area immediately to the south of the oval (horse?) track.
my brother lives in Brantford and told me today there is also a small municipal airport in brantford with hangers in an industrial area I asked him if he knew if thats where they found the phone and he wasnt sure, my first thought was wonder if he owns anything there or is familiar with it.

I think that the key word, on the link, was "generally" -- general reasons for stealing a vehicle. However, what crime could be committed that would require the use of a Dodge Ram diesel? The truck seemed, JMO, to be targeted because it was a matching vehicle for the red Dodge that they already had. They were using that truck for hauling, as shown in the pic where the black trailer is being hauled by it. I wonder if Tim's truck had a fifth wheel for hauling? Or were they seeking the parts from Tim's truck, specifically parts related to the drive train?

A crime which involved pulling something heavy.

I am not sure if this has been posted previous (or if I can even post this.. so if I cant Im sorry!!)... but there is a thread on av canada that was originally started by someone asking in January about the Millardair hangar in Waterloo... but has now turned into a discussion about this case, and many of the members there seem to have known the Millard family. Thought I would share, as I dont know what can be gleaned from it yet.
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=86335

This is from the google cache of the kijiji ad on Apr 29th:

5.9 litre. Short box, extended cab.
Gray cloth interior.
New, upgraded transmission. New brakes.
No longer need as also selling camper.
Mostly highway kilometers, daily driver.

Ok, I've been sitting on this link for hours now. I was waiting for confirmation that it was ok to post. I believe it is because it's primarily about the millardair, rather than delving to deeply into the personal lives of the family. But, there are a number of pictures of CM and a few of WM in their younger days. This is public domain file, available for anyone, so I believe it should be ok to post here.
It's book, so you'll need to start at page 56 to view the Millardair portion.

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/9634_MaltonBook_PartThree.pdf

One of the markers on that map is of a deer stand, it says

"A deer stand can be seen in the trees near the back of this farm west of Cambridge. Investigators may have been tipped off by the suspicious activity reported by people passing through the property"

So I wonder if someone was out in the stand. If they had a scope on their rifle they would have been able to see a lot better.
oh wow I did not know you could click on the little flag and get a description and a picture thanks

They don't mention a fifth wheel, but they do mention a hitch...I hope the link works.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151603599046351&set=oa.263101797168318&type=1&theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member