Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #6 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
when did DM's fb page disappear? I thought it was still up recently?

Was it ever determined if WM and his wife went through a divorce? Maybe that had something to do with the bankruptcy claim...

Has it ever been determined if they were ever married?

wow had a few busy days and got way behind on these threads!

First I wanted to address the time DM and others arrived at the home of TB for the test drive. Yes it was late, and dark ( I'm guessing TB's wife probably didn't get the best view of them hence the limited description from her)

You might say you wouldn't do a test drive under those circumstances but you don't know the situation enough to say that. For one yes, TB was probably a very trusting guy, but at the same time, they probably explained in the phone call why they wanted to come so late e.g. maybe they said they could only come after work, and they'd be traveling from Toronto so that was the earliest they could get there. Period, no more suspicion of the timing of the test drive correct? Not so strange, and if that was the case, what was TB supposed to do? No you can't come that late? And lose out of the sale of a truck he was trying to sell?

about his previous relationship with DP, his lawyer since he said he wasn't a previous client ( I think?), maybe he was the lawyer of a friend and met him while his friend was being represented.

and lastly on my mind, was the deal with the incinerator. I was thinking if the farm previously was home to farm animals with the old owner, isn't' it possible the incinerator was just a part of the purchase of the land itself? If the person selling the farm had animals, and the need to dispose of the dead ones, he probably didn't need that equipment anymore and just left it, included in the purchase to DM. Unless it's been proven somewhere that DM did indeed purchase the incinerator separate from the purchase of the farm?

IMO, setting up a time to test drive a vehicle that late in the evening meant that they didn't care what the truck looked like, they were more interested in the engine... or the owner (if thrill kill is the motive).

There is a link in the last thread that states DM purchased the incinerator last year from a dealer in Manitoba.

I remember seeing those photos as well. Not sure if it was the same event, but there was also a photo of a flyer for a party for AM's and someone else's birthdays that was to be held at the hangar.

In the past, DM seems to have been generous with providing access to the hangar and his "toys". Wonder if any of that had changed recently (because he had things to hide).

A contractor that supplied Millard Air said in a MSM interview that they had cancelled deliveries the week TB initially disappeared

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9448539&postcount=836"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #5 **ARREST**[/ame]

Can someone post the link that was LE talking about the amount of ash they found... It was on the old thread somewhere... It was saying it was more than they would ususally find for just one body, but that it might me animals.. Or something to that effect.

IMO, setting up a time to test drive a vehicle that late in the evening meant that they didn't care what the truck looked like, they were more interested in the engine... or the owner (if thrill kill is the motive).

There is a link in the last thread that states DM purchased the incinerator last year from a dealer in Manitoba.

BBM ok, missed that, like I said I got behind, this thread moves fast:takeoff:

I get why they wanted to do the test drive at that time, but just pointing out why it wouldn't have struck TB as an odd thing. Also maybe they mentioned they had a similar, older truck they were looking to replace so they were more interested in the power of the vehicle more so than the looks. If TB had questioned the late hour of their visit, I'm sure they gave him a fitting answer.

wow had a few busy days and got way behind on these threads!

First I wanted to address the time DM and others arrived at the home of TB for the test drive. Yes it was late, and dark ( I'm guessing TB's wife probably didn't get the best view of them hence the limited description from her)

You might say you wouldn't do a test drive under those circumstances but you don't know the situation enough to say that. For one yes, TB was probably a very trusting guy, but at the same time, they probably explained in the phone call why they wanted to come so late e.g. maybe they said they could only come after work, and they'd be traveling from Toronto so that was the earliest they could get there. Period, no more suspicion of the timing of the test drive correct? Not so strange, and if that was the case, what was TB supposed to do? No you can't come that late? And lose out of the sale of a truck he was trying to sell?

about his previous relationship with DP, his lawyer since he said he wasn't a previous client ( I think?), maybe he was the lawyer of a friend and met him while his friend was being represented.

and lastly on my mind, was the deal with the incinerator. I was thinking if the farm previously was home to farm animals with the old owner, isn't' it possible the incinerator was just a part of the purchase of the land itself? If the person selling the farm had animals, and the need to dispose of the dead ones, he probably didn't need that equipment anymore and just left it, included in the purchase to DM. Unless it's been proven somewhere that DM did indeed purchase the incinerator separate from the purchase of the farm?

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2013/05/20130517-073330.html

I can't believe that DM allowed this criminal evidence to be pointed directly at him.
Do we know if his prints were found on Tims truck?
What kind of kid was DM with his friends? Was he giving? Did his friends have access to his toys whenever they wanted...
My new thought of the day.. The burn phone was purchased long ago, unknowingly to DM.. one friend gets the marker out and does the ambition tattoo... Calls DM up, and asks permission for the use of his trailer and truck.... They then head over to the first kijjii ad person, they make sure the tatoo is showing, this is on purpose... They then get to Tims...take him, kill him, then make everything they have done fall back on DM...
I don't know, I just cant get over that someone an be stupid enough to kill and burn someone, then park the evidence in their mothers driveway where (as neighbors say) stuck out like a sore thumb.. Just begging someone to call it in...

It's easier to look at this scenario if you realize that all of this was done before any description of the suspects and especially before the information about the tattoo was released. I'm surprised actually, that LE didn't spend a few days following him around when they got the tip about who had a tattoo like that to see what he would do and what he would be hiding. Or maybe they did? But it appears that they arrested him as soon as they got the tip about who had that tattoo.

And I suppose we don't know what type of criminal behaviour DM may have been into prior to this. So if he had been getting away with things in the past, tied directly to his own properties, then he had no reason to believe he would be caught this time. I'd say he was definitely a thrill seeker. Makes perfect sense that he would hide things on his own property. No one would be able to look there without obtaining a search warrant or permission from him and he had no reason to believe that anyone would be looking at him. He also would have to have some time to slowly dispose of evidence without drawing attention to himself or his accomplices. I think he panicked with the truck but figured that no one would be making a connection between Kleinburg and Brantford when looking at this case. Leaving it at the hangar in Waterloo was just too close to the crime. And it had to have been somewhere before it got dropped off at the mother's house. That tattoo was his downfall. And even he likely didn't realize that the person from the previous test drive would have noticed and remembered it. Especially if he was wearing a long sleeved shirt or jacket.

I think DM has been spiralling out of control for some years. I think there is drug use, rave parties, people who are "hangers on" and an overall sense of entitlement. He didn't want to run a business. He wanted to enjoy his life with the money that was already available to him through the family assets. Spoiled rich kid. Who attracted the worst of the worst no doubt to "play" with him. His father must have had issue with the way things were going in his life. Can't believe he was that complacent about the activities at the Toronto hanger either.

MOO

It's easier to look at this scenario if you realize that all of this was done before any description of the suspects and especially before the information about the tattoo was released. I'm surprised actually, that LE didn't spend a few days following him around when they got the tip about who had a tattoo like that to see what he would do and what he would be hiding. Or maybe they did? But it appears that they arrested him as soon as they got the tip about who had that tattoo.

<snipped to fit>
do you think LE followed him around before arrest?
I think their main concern was finding Tim at first, however I will say, that when the chips fell they fell quick.
As in, announcement about tattoo, then arrest pretty quickly. So it's possible.

Maybe it was a civil matter and not criminal and therefore LE not involved? Just listen to the interview. The whole topic of DM's lawyer being asked about whether he'd had any past dealings w/ DM *and* whether DM had any past criminal history, it's alleged he answered the question like a politician and simply stated that DM had never served any jail time, something to that effect.

A reporter asked him if DM had “ever had any sort of prior history with police at all”. The lawyer replied, in part, “He is, to my knowledge, he has no criminal record, no brushes with the law in terms of having any kind of, ever being in jail and so forth.” http://www.cp24.com/news/lawyer-for...-will-plead-100-per-cent-not-guilty-1.1279416

It is interesting that he had to qualify the "no brushes with the law" statement. About the statement from LE that the accused wasn't known to them previously... just because he wasn't known to Hamilton police, doesn't mean he wasn't known to Toronto police right?

JMO, LE has stated this was a "thrill kill" (and yes, I know that Kavanagh refuted that later).
Based upon my stereotyping of DM, I think a possible motive for all this could be:
DM is in with a group that dares each other to do more and more outrageous things. Killing someone is the next dare. (I read the "Hostel" concept too, that someone else suggested).
They come up with a "watertight" plan. Arrange a test drive. Pick a subject that lives near the farm that DM owns. Bring along two others guys (one in a vehicle used to transport the other two to the subject's home and back home again afterwards). Keep it hidden from sight. Announce that they arrived on foot.

The test drive allows them to take the victim away from his home and to an area of their choosing.

If any old test drive will do, might as well pick one that is for a vehicle that could be useful to them (DM already has one - is familiar with it, can be used for towing, etc.). They have the ability to remove VINs and other identifying features, so why not? It's like a reward after the murder. Hence the reason for test driving the Dodge Ram 3500s.

The plan may have been developed over months/years. The incinerator could be part of that plan. Buying the farm could be part of that plan.

Sure, it seems, outlandish and expensive, but DM doesn't seem to be concerned with spending large amounts of money. It's all about getting the kicks.

I would think, too, that after WM's death, DM felt a sense of "liberation". No more pressure to be a part of his father's business. He's got assets, money, and the freedom to do whatever he wants. He doesn't care that MillardAir will self-implode. He is living for NOW.

Miles/..

JMO, LE has stated this was a "thrill kill" (and yes, I know that Kavanagh refuted that later).
Based upon my stereotyping of DM, I think a possible motive for all this could be:
DM is in with a group that dares each other to do more and more outrageous things. Killing someone is the next dare. (I read the "Hostel" concept too, that someone else suggested).
They come up with a "watertight" plan. Arrange a test drive. Pick a subject that lives near the farm that DM owns. Bring along two others guys (one in a vehicle used to transport the other two to the subject's home and back home again afterwards). Keep it hidden from sight. Announce that they arrived on foot.

The test drive allows them to take the victim away from his home and to an area of their choosing.

If any old test drive will do, might as well pick one that is for a vehicle that could be useful to them (DM already has one - is familiar with it, can be used for towing, etc.). They have the ability to remove VINs and other identifying features, so why not? It's like a reward after the murder. Hence the reason for test driving the Dodge Ram 3500s.

The plan may have been developed over months/years. The incinerator could be part of that plan. Buying the farm could be part of that plan.

Sure, it seems, outlandish and expensive, but DM doesn't seem to be concerned with spending large amounts of money. It's all about getting the kicks.

I would think, too, that after WM's death, DM felt a sense of "liberation". No more pressure to be a part of his father's business. He's got assets, money, and the freedom to do whatever he wants. He doesn't care that MillardAir will self-implode. He is living for NOW.

Miles/..

In today's paper, detective said (paraphrase) he doesn't know where the statement "thrill kill" got started and that he doesn't really know what that is.

Yes, that is the comment I was referring to.

I'm gonnna get slammed for not having appropriate links.... but I do recall a few days ago that LE were saying "thrill kill" and "it's really sick", and mixed in with a bad crowd was mentioned and use of social media to communicate.

Just made me think they were doing it for s**** and giggles.

Miles/..

In today's paper, detective said (paraphrase) he doesn't know where the statement "thrill kill" got started and that he doesn't really know what that is.

Yes, that is the comment I was referring to.

I'm gonnna get slammed for not having appropriate links.... but I do recall a few days ago that LE were saying "thrill kill" and "it's really sick", and mixed in with a bad crowd was mentioned and use of social media to communicate.

Just made me think they were doing it for s**** and giggles.

Miles/..

You aren't wrong...they backtracked on that. Cops are ppl too and this case is stressing the heck out of them. I think they are just trying to do damage control for all the people that take things so literally.

Another thing I find very odd is that when TB received the call from person interested in looking at his truck, TB could have had a house full of company or been outside with neighbours/friends upon caller's arrival (for all the caller knew).

How did potential buyer know the coast was clear to go to the house and know that only TB would greet them upon arrival.

I know I am repeating on this one, but apparently potential buyer was not concerned about being seen on cctv.

I don't know if TB and SB had cctv, but most people living rurally do.

imo

Please feel free to add to the lists below

DM Grandfather Carl Millard (died 2006):

-was portrayed in swashbuckling fashion in a profile written in Wings Magazine, where he was described as a "rebel" and a "direct descendant" of Mohawk Chief Joseph Brant.

- 2005, a year before his death, Millard's grandfather chatted with a journalist who asked him what was going to happen with the succession at the family business, Millardair.
"My grandson (Dellen) is not overly interested in the business but maybe that will change," Carl Millard said

Dellen Millard, 27, was arrested on May 11 in Mississauga

-Standing over six feet tall and wearing a wrinkled light dress shirt and grey slacks, Mr. Millard appeared unshaven but alert in court. He spoke only to say his name and consent to a list of people with whom he&#8217;s prohibited from communicating

Father Wayne Millard(died Nov 29 2012):
Chief coroner for Ontario confirmed they are still investigating the apparent death by suicide of Dellen Millard's father, Wayne Millard, in November

Toronto Police confirmed they went to the Etobicoke home on Maple Gate Court jointly owned by Millard and his father on Nov. 29, 2012, for a death investigation that was deemed "not criminal."

Etobicoke home once belonged to his grandparents and the assessed value is $1.07 million.

But almost six months since his death, the investigation into Wayne's death is still "ongoing"His death is still under investigation," said Cheryl Mahyr, issues manager for the coroner's office. "So it's still open and has not yet concluded."

Riverside Cemetery & Cremation Centre in Toronto confirmed Wayne Millard's body was cremated and is interred at an unknown location.

An obituary written by Millard, and published in the Toronto Star on Dec. 14, only indicated his father had "passed" and spoke about his love of flying and animals.

Tim Bosma 32 of Ancaster, Ont(Murdered May 6th 2013)

-Mr. Bosma had posted a for-sale ad for his truck on Kijiji and Auto Trader

-He wanted $24,000 for the 2007 black Dodge Ram 3500 pickup &#8211; slightly lower than the median price for similar vehicles of that year and make &#8211; and on Monday evening two men who said they were from Toronto appeared on his doorstep@ 9:30PM asking about it. The Dodge truck &#8211; licence plate number 726-7ZW

-TB's cellphone discarded at an industrial complex in Brantford

-TB's truck parked inside a trailer at Millard's mother's house in Kleinburg

-Tim Bosma was killed inside his truck following a struggle, a source says.

-Bosma, who police say was found burned "beyond recognition" at an undisclosed Waterloo location, "did not die in the fire," said the source.

Police said Bosma was "targeted" and likely died within hours of his disappearance.

-TB's charred remains had been found in the Waterloo region farm owned by DM.

-&#8220;We&#8217;ve done a lot of background on both Mr. Bosma and Mrs. Bosma and there&#8217;s nothing out there to indicate anything other than what appears on the surface &#8211; it&#8217;s the first question we ask. This is a good family, very well supported by their church and community, nice people.&#8221;

Vehicles owned by Dellen Millard:

- a cherry red 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 was registered to Millard Holdings Ltd., a company once run by his grandfather and father

-Dellen Millard raced Baja cars in Mexico and posed for pictures building a souped-up vehicle in the Millard family's airport hangar in Waterloo.

-An avid pilot and car enthusiast, he used a portion of the hangar to store the family&#8217;s sizable collection of vehicles and aircraft.

Properties owned by Millard:

- the sprawling 45-hectare farm in Ayr, south of Kitchener-Waterloo, where police have been searching.

- multimillion-dollar hangar at the Region of Waterloo International Airport

- DM spent $627,000 on a condo in Toronto&#8217;s high-end distillery district the day after Bosma disappeared (May7th)

paid upfront, in-full and in cash for the 37th floor unit built by Distillery SE Development Corp.

-a six-unit residential building on Toronto&#8217;s Riverside Dr. valued at $1.4 million

-The family owned an airplane mechanic company, Millardair, and had relocated to a state-of-the-art new hanger at the Waterloo International Airport in the spring of 2012, leaving behind the airplane hanger at Pearson Airport that had housed the family&#8217;s aviation businesses for 50 years Wayne Millard had invested at least $8-million in a state-of-the-art 50,000-square-foot hangar in Waterloo-despite being close with his late father, he did not share the elder Millard&#8217;s aspirations for Millardair.

The younger Millard put the new building up for lease, according to the contractor who built the facility, dashing the new phase of the company before it could start.

-Etobicoke home once belonged to his grandparents and the assessed value is $1.07 million(DM's Father died here)

~~~~~~​
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2878073-bosma-slain-inside-his-truck-source-says/

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/05/16/...condo-the-day-after-tim-bosmas-disappearance/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...t-degree-murder-of-tim-bosma/article11935778/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...sing-hamilton-mans-cellphone/article11847951/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP