Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #6 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't DM's dad claim bankruptcy only 10 yrs ago? How does one manage to claim bankruptcy and then build back up so quickly? Filing a bankruptcy, there is a period where no banks will allows loans and such, I believe 6 yrs... So where the heck did all this money and purchases come from???

Do we know for a fact that this was WM personal bakruptcy?

Corporate Bankruptcy does not equal personal bankruptcy.

Didn't DM's dad claim bankruptcy only 10 yrs ago? How does one manage to claim bankruptcy and then build back up so quickly? Filing a bankruptcy, there is a period where no banks will allows loans and such, I believe 6 yrs... So where the heck did all this money and purchases come from???

I believe Millardair inc. filed for bankruptcy.

Personal assets of the CEO or other executives do not count against incorporated companies debts.

A few have questioned lawyer DP's experience defending murder...he has at least 3 murder cases showing up in the news archives, JS, MP and BL...all cases have ties to the se asian community in Brampton; there is also a case involving street racer ND who killed someone as well

Yes you are right, it's 7 yrs to be removed from your file.
However, they had many companies, so he could've claimed bankruptcy under one of them, and the others were operational and not in the red.
The one that was bankrupt may not have even been in his name. Could've claimed it under CM's company etc.

But I thought in a bankruptcy, you have to list all your assets in order to qualify ? is other companies would be listed as assets.. also, he would have to list all his debts.. His debts would ahve had to been higher than his assets in order to qualify... Also, filing a bankruptcy you can't pick and choose your debts, you have to list them all...

I believe Millardair inc. filed for bankruptcy.

Personal assets of the CEO or other executives do not count against incorporated companies debts.

Ok, thanks! Just read this after posting above :)

But I thought in a bankruptcy, you have to list all your assets in order to qualify ? is other companies would be listed as assets.. also, he would have to list all his debts.. His debts would ahve had to been higher than his assets in order to qualify... Also, filing a bankruptcy you can't pick and choose your debts, you have to list them all...

No you would have to understand business law. His was likely a Limited (Ltd) company...means all liability and debt is contained to the assets of the business and any personal assets of the executive are separate.

OT but maybe the earthquake was Mayor Ford stamping his foot at another scandal. :facepalm::banghead::giggle:

Are we talking about the Rob Ford smoking crack thing now? Heard about that last night, got a good chuckle out of it

Only true if we are talking personal bankruptcy and i highly doubt that was the case.

Chances are there were multiple corporations owned and operated by the family. One of them might have gone bankrupt. Only the assets of that corporation would be at risk during a bankruptcy filing and could be liquidated to take care of whatever liabilities. The owners of that corporation would not be personally liable for the debts of the corp., unless there was some sort of illegal activity for instance.

Otherwise, the owner would just be another employee who losses their position and whatever shares maybe outstanding. Obviously corporate bankruptcies can be quite complex but chances are a seasoned businessman like WM, probably knew what he was doing.

I remember seeing on Facebook pics of a jam session in the hanger.
<modsnip>
According to linkedin the hanger was used for movie shoots as well

I remember seeing those photos as well. Not sure if it was the same event, but there was also a photo of a flyer for a party for AM's and someone else's birthdays that was to be held at the hangar.

In the past, DM seems to have been generous with providing access to the hangar and his "toys". Wonder if any of that had changed recently (because he had things to hide).

Does anyone have the link of the map that showed places of interest on the property? It is in MSM somewhere, saw it this morning on the other thread, now I can't find it!

wow had a few busy days and got way behind on these threads!

First I wanted to address the time DM and others arrived at the home of TB for the test drive. Yes it was late, and dark ( I'm guessing TB's wife probably didn't get the best view of them hence the limited description from her)

You might say you wouldn't do a test drive under those circumstances but you don't know the situation enough to say that. For one yes, TB was probably a very trusting guy, but at the same time, they probably explained in the phone call why they wanted to come so late e.g. maybe they said they could only come after work, and they'd be traveling from Toronto so that was the earliest they could get there. Period, no more suspicion of the timing of the test drive correct? Not so strange, and if that was the case, what was TB supposed to do? No you can't come that late? And lose out of the sale of a truck he was trying to sell?

about his previous relationship with DP, his lawyer since he said he wasn't a previous client ( I think?), maybe he was the lawyer of a friend and met him while his friend was being represented.

and lastly on my mind, was the deal with the incinerator. I was thinking if the farm previously was home to farm animals with the old owner, isn't' it possible the incinerator was just a part of the purchase of the land itself? If the person selling the farm had animals, and the need to dispose of the dead ones, he probably didn't need that equipment anymore and just left it, included in the purchase to DM. Unless it's been proven somewhere that DM did indeed purchase the incinerator separate from the purchase of the farm?

Does anyone have the link of the map that showed places of interest on the property? It is in MSM somewhere, saw it this morning on the other thread, now I can't find it!

Check the media and timeline thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209336"]Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 *Media links/Maps" - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Only true if we are talking personal bankruptcy and i highly doubt that was the case.

Chances are there were multiple corporations owned and operated by the family. One of them might have gone bankrupt. Only the assets of that corporation would be at risk during a bankruptcy filing and could be liquidated to take care of whatever liabilities. The owners of that corporation would not be personally liable for the debts of the corp., unless there was some sort of illegal activity for instance.

Otherwise, the owner would just be another employee who losses their position and whatever shares maybe outstanding. Obviously corporate bankruptcies can be quite complex but chances are a seasoned businessman like WM, probably knew what he was doing.

Was it ever determined if WM and his wife went through a divorce? Maybe that had something to do with the bankruptcy claim... No I guess that was before WM took over from his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back