Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #7 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.the police had said in news briefing like i posted before there are many Police dept working on this case from all over S.ONT.

2.They had commented on same Briefing that there are thousand devoted to finding ppl involved...I am sure you all remeber this briefing as it showed D.M farm and I saw posting of a map of their investigation here.....I think it may be the same news brief??

3. In that new report it did say they were hoping for results in a week .......may be longer ..Jmo..they are sifting thru soil with seeves...as you all know

4. SAME briefing mentioned the seriousness of this investigation ...THE WARNED the PUBLIC to the danger of these ppl...officer made comment to how T>B remains are burned beyind recognition....

5.*** i would love to find this INFRomative news report....I have asked if ANYOnE HERE has it saved...I wished I saved in on hard drive...it was the day POLICE found out T.B was dead!....

6. I did not know that websleuth had posted this case...Looked for it days before but could not find you all here.....robynhood...I shall try and find it but busy today..thanks robynhood....

Yup! Warn the public.. Give a description of the suspect that fits 80% of men in that age group.. Refuse to pit out a sketch of the suspect... :banghead: make sense to anyone?

Does anyone know if MillardAir was flying any planes in 2012, that they would have fuel/oil waste?

I searched the registrations on the tail numbers on all three(helo, and 2 Piper Navajos).

Hard to say if they were actually flown based on Transport Canada's registration data only.

NavCanada would have that from their ATC records.

I read that was the plan, but did it actually happen?

Well they used to be an airline, then in the 90's went bankrupt and came back as a airplane maintenance company...and continued in the same line of work until WM's death

Personally, and this is just my opinion......but if the barn was in such desperate need of a clean-up due to previous use as a hog barn, I would expect that DM would have had his RE Agent include a condition in the purchase contract, that sale was conditional to barn being cleaned up by previous owner. Who would spend that kind of money on a property and then have to clean up the mess? JMO.
Maybe that was how he was able to negotiate a 7% discount in the price? JMO

[bbm] he does not and should not have to 'prove his innocence'

that flies in the face of everything our justice system stands for

he was interrogated for 24 hrs. according to this lawyer BEFORE getting representation (which is totally legal) but once he was able to speak to a lawyer, I'm sure the FIRST piece of advice given was "do not say anything else to police"

this is SOP for ANYONE accused of ANYTHING and when you're in an unfamiliar situation, you listen to your lawyer, especially when you're not allowed to speak to anyone else (I guarantee his mother, fiance, and other close friends are all on the prosecution witness list)

he's allowing all this speculation? lol - do you really think it would stop if he gave a media interview - no, it would increase and in any case, his lawyer wouldn't allow him to say anything directly pertaining to evidence

this is the reality of the Canadian justice system and for all its faults, it's still one of the best in the world

it's easy to sit here in our comfy chairs reading and cast judgment on what we would or would not do but the reality is much, much different than most people realize and the rate at which the public feeds into propaganda mimics a shark-in-blood-infested-waters frenzy ... we should all be embarrassed that it happens and especially that it happens in Canada

Any right minded person, when pulled over and arrested by LE for a crime they did not commit or had nothing to do with, would initially tell LE that they are wrong, they were nowhere near the area in question that evening and can prove it with phone records, witness statements, video surveillance or whatever else you can think of to prove where you were other than in Ancaster that night. Most innocent people can come up with something to prove where they were and what they were doing.

I believe he was only interviewed for 12hrs. And I believe he refused to say anything. So basically LE spent 12hrs trying to wear him down? An innocent person would subject themselves to this? I doubt it.

If DM had been able to prove that they had the wrong person in custody, then all the speculation about him would never have been brought forward so yes he did have the ability to stop that. By being helpful and honest with investigators. No innocent person allows themselves to sit in jail for 2 years waiting for disclosure, which is what his lawyer has indicated he intends to do, when they could clear themselves within the first 24 hours. It just doesn't make sense to say that innocent people are so scared of saying something that LE will take the wrong way that they would rather go to trial to be deemed innocent by a jury of their peers then speak with LE and clear themselves right away.

IMO, DM is not revealing the name of the people he was with that night because he knows they will likely roll on him and indicate that the whole thing was his idea or that he was the one who actually killed TB. Considering all of the evidence was found in or on his own personal property, he does appear to be at least the person who came up with the idea of what to do after the fact. True or not, he has a better chance of reasonable doubt if LE do not find the other suspects. Hence the reason he refuses to name them.

When you are picked up by LE for a crime, it is not a court of law. While you do not have to "prove you are innocent" to them, it is in your best interest to do so. It is different than "proving you are innocent" in a court of law at trial. Something which we know you do no have to do, although if you can it certainly can't hurt your case. Your rights in the criminal justice system should not be a consideration when first picked up by LE for a crime you didn't commit. Your innocence and immediate freedom should be. If you can prove it and go home the same evening, you will.

MOO

ETA: Apparently AM and MB were able to speak with LE and indicate or "prove" that they had nothing to do with this since they have been cleared. Why couldn't DM?

our system is based on the British system and has its faults, just as every other legal system in the world

"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer". Sir William Blackstone - 1765

Exactly so. Also the one reason I wouldn't support a Death Penalty in Canada until their is some justice in jurisprudence and some better criminal law.

Put yourself in a situation where you are innocent and arrested. Start talking...talk non stop and even start suggesting possibilities while you are at it... BUT REMEMBER you will NOT be able to retract anything and even if you did not mean something the way it will be interpreted....it will not matter. It WILL be used against you, nothing you say to police or CPS will ever be used to your benefit. That is the nature of 'prosecution' they are there to find you guilty...not innocent!

The prosecution is there to try to figure out the truth, wading through all the carp, and to get justice for the family of the deceased.

It's the defense who twist and turn the evidence, or to get it thrown out altogether due to a "technicality" to get an acquittal at all costs, regardless if a dangerous person is released back into society.

Just the nature of the game I suppose.

MOO

Exercising the constitutional right not to talk should not be considered an assumption of guilt. It will not be considered evidence against him in court.
The law is designed to protect the innocent, not the guilty.

What if DM is innocent, but can't prove it? The constitutional right allows him to place the onus on LE to prove his guilt.

In fact, in Canada, exercising one's constitutional right not to speak with LE and request a lawyer CANNOT be considered as evidence of guilt in court. I am frustrated that nothing has been forthcoming from him and I do not believe he has been framed but I am constantly perplexed by the POV that if one exercises their rights under law, then they must be guilty or, at the very least, hiding something.

Here's an excellent write up by a defense lawyer that explains the procedure of interrogation and why one's defense begins with remaining silent:

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/blog/2012/06/what-to-do-when-the-police-want-to-talk-to-you.html

Yup! Warn the public.. Give a description of the suspect that fits 80% of men in that age group.. Refuse to pit out a sketch of the suspect... :banghead: make sense to anyone?

I think the police know who #2 is, and are following #2 everywhere and listening/recording everything said/written to all of #2 contacts as they try to find out who #3 actually is.

Well they were doing airplane maintenance, that would have generated these wastes

Cheaper to call a waste recycling company for a contract pick-up, who will even provide the containers that they use, for the recycling of petrochemicals, antifreeze mixtures etc.. no need to burn it on-site, and the recycling cost is minimal, considering that these liquids are re-refined, and re-used.

Anything like asbestos would have to be dealt with hazardous waste protocols, so burning is definitely out. A dumpster at the side of the hanger, takes care of the rest.

Exactly so. Also the one reason I wouldn't support a Death Penalty in Canada until their is some justice in jurisprudence and some better criminal law.

or we could just not support the death penalty anywhere in the world ... since there are countries that have it and have a much worse criminal justice system than we do IMO

The prosecution is there to try to figure out the truth, wading through all the carp, and to get justice for the family of the deceased.

It's the defense who twist and turn the evidence, or to get it thrown out altogether due to a "technicality" to get an acquittal at all costs, regardless if a dangerous person is released back into society.

Just the nature of the game I suppose.

MOO

do you really think there aren't prosecutors who twist and turn the evidence? my personal experience and my education in the legal field say otherwise

there are prosecutors and judges who will do what they have to to advance up the political ladder

Any right minded person, when pulled over and arrested by LE for a crime they did not commit or had nothing to do with, would initially tell LE that they are wrong, they were nowhere near the area in question that evening and can prove it with phone records, witness statements, video surveillance or whatever else you can think of to prove where you were other than in Ancaster that night. Most innocent people can come up with something to prove where they were and what they were doing.

I believe he was only interviewed for 12hrs. And I believe he refused to say anything. So basically LE spent 12hrs trying to wear him down? An innocent person would subject themselves to this? I doubt it.

If DM had been able to prove that they had the wrong person in custody, then all the speculation about him would never have been brought forward so yes he did have the ability to stop that. By being helpful and honest with investigators. No innocent person allows themselves to sit in jail for 2 years waiting for disclosure, which is what his lawyer has indicated he intends to do, when they could clear themselves within the first 24 hours. It just doesn't make sense to say that innocent people are so scared of saying something that LE will take the wrong way that they would rather go to trial to be deemed innocent by a jury of their peers then speak with LE and clear themselves right away.

IMO, DM is not revealing the name of the people he was with that night because he knows they will likely roll on him and indicate that the whole thing was his idea or that he was the one who actually killed TB. Considering all of the evidence was found in or on his own personal property, he does appear to be at least the person who came up with the idea of what to do after the fact. True or not, he has a better chance of reasonable doubt if LE do not find the other suspects. Hence the reason he refuses to name them.

When you are picked up by LE for a crime, it is not a court of law. While you do not have to "prove you are innocent" to them, it is in your best interest to do so. It is different than "proving you are innocent" in a court of law at trial. Something which we know you do no have to do, although if you can it certainly can't hurt your case. Your rights in the criminal justice system should not be a consideration when first picked up by LE for a crime you didn't commit. Your innocence and immediate freedom should be. If you can prove it and go home the same evening, you will.

MOO

Look how quickly AM, (who many here suspected was involved with DM in this mess including me), how quickly he was given a "not a suspect" and free to go from the police. I would like to know what sort of questioning he had to go through but it was enough that the police cleared him. If DM had ANYTHING that would clear himself, I'm sure he would have spoken up right away as well.

I think the police know who #2 is, and are following #2 everywhere and listening/recording everything said/written to all of #2 contacts as they try to find out who #3 actually is.

It's also very possible, IMO, that the other 2-3 suspects are dead. If DM is involved in organized crime of some sort, particularly if higher-ups somewhere else, I would think (JMO) that those other higher-ups would be unimpressed w/ DM having been arrested and charged and would not want to risk the other suspects on the loose getting caught and having loose lips to save their own bacon.......so then better just to get rid of anyone who could talk. IMO.

or we could just not support the death penalty anywhere in the world ... since there are countries that have it and have a much worse criminal justice system than we do IMO

You don't have criminal justice here IMO you have a legal system or a hug a system. I deal with it everyday.

If DM was innocent he could have/would have told his lawyer, the Crown would drop the charges and he would be free.

It's also very possible, IMO, that the other 2-3 suspects are dead. If DM is involved in organized crime of some sort, particularly if higher-ups somewhere else, I would think (JMO) that those other higher-ups would be unimpressed w/ DM having been arrested and charged and would not want to risk the other suspects on the loose getting caught and having loose lips to save their own bacon.......so then better just to get rid of anyone who could talk. IMO.

But then 2-3 people would be missing from their everyday lives and surely LE would announce that

And which is a bigger risk: having someone who is afraid to talk on the loose, or killing someone? I think murder is riskier, especially bulk murder

Like who killed JFKennedy sort of thing...

DM could be somewhat innocent, plea bargaining by ratting on OC, and in protective custody until the LE scoops those people up.

No other reason for an "innocent" man to sit in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back