Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #7 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, in Canada, exercising one's constitutional right not to speak with LE and request a lawyer CANNOT be considered as evidence of guilt in court. I am frustrated that nothing has been forthcoming from him and I do not believe he has been framed but I am constantly perplexed by the POV that if one exercises their rights under law, then they must be guilty or, at the very least, hiding something.

Here's an excellent write up by a defense lawyer that explains the procedure of interrogation and why one's defense begins with remaining silent:

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/blog/2012/06/what-to-do-when-the-police-want-to-talk-to-you.html

Well he has a lawyer now. And he still isn't talking. So if we are to go by the example that he wanted to wait until he had legal counsel to clear his name, fine. So why isn't he doing that now by interviewing with LE with his lawyer present?

So yes, it is my POV that it's perfectly fine to exercise your rights under the law, but it's just not the usual reaction from an innocent person with absolutely no previous experience with the law according to his own lawyer. However, it makes absolutely no sense to continue your silence and sit in a jail cell when you do have legal counsel unless you have something to hide.

MOO

I think grabbing at really thin strings is getting a bit much.
A livestock incinerator would not be purchased for disposing of airplane fuels or other waste. To clear brush, it is going to be a lot easier and the thing to be done to just burn it with a regular old fashioned fire....you are not going to put through small bits of brush through the incinerator and wait hours for each small batch.
This incinerator has a specific purpose. I can't find confirmation for this, but I'm am pretty sure that burning waste fuels requires a specific type of incinerator so this would not be suitable. I would also imagine that working airports would have a more convenient means of disposing of fuels and other wastes on the premises.

I'm sure DM's laywer must be loving all of this encouragement as everyone is working so hard here to find alibis and cast doubt on his client's guilt. I'm sure it may be a better use of time to find evidence for his guilt or someone else's guilt rather than just giving theories for why it wasn't DM.....just saying. It seems that most conversations have turned to give doubt to his guilt. Even if he possibly could be innocent, follow the evidence and find who is guilty instead of just theories to get DM off the hook. He will have enough help with that. This thread is still about TB so let's look toward evidence not loopholes.
JMHO

Look how quickly AM, (who many here suspected was involved with DM in this mess including me), how quickly he was given a "not a suspect" and free to go from the police. I would like to know what sort of questioning he had to go through but it was enough that the police cleared him. If DM had ANYTHING that would clear himself, I'm sure he would have spoken up right away as well.

I agree. I did add him and DM's mother to my post as examples of person's who were actually cleared in this after speaking with LE.

MOO

DM could be somewhat innocent, plea bargaining by ratting on OC, and in protective custody until the LE scoops those people up.

No other reason for an "innocent" man to sit in jail.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Paul_Morin"]Guy Paul Morin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Occam's basic rule was "Thou shalt not multiply extra entities unnecessarily," or to phrase it in modern terms, "Don't speculate about extra hypothetical components if you can find an explanation that is equally plausible without them."

May I ask what the simplest explanation is if you apply the process?

Mine is that DM is a psychopathic serial killer with several other psychopaths in his association.

....Remember TB is dead and his family's lives have been ruined. If a miscarriage of justice occurs, not only will further lives be ruined, but more could be ruined in the future.

Reasonable doubt absolutely MUST be eliminated.

So, in the interest of eliminating extra hypothetical components, exiledred, are you comfortable with the idea that we must be dealing with a bunch of psychopaths led by a master psychopathic/serial killer? Do psychopaths run in packs like that? Sort of like a gaggle of murderous loners, none of whom are capable of empathy or compassion ready to randomly kill on command?

While that seems highly unlikely, imo, I could not possibly agree more with your post's last statements.

I think the police know who #2 is, and are following #2 everywhere and listening/recording everything said/written to all of #2 contacts as they try to find out who #3 actually is.

I think the suspects have already given themselves up. Gone to a lawyer and are now giving evidence trying to work out a deal for themselves.

I completely understand how this PL decided to offer his help and his help was accepted. I see nothing sinister in this at all. JMO

I've been following this case since the disappearance was first reported. I agree with the above statement.

I think grabbing at really thin strings is getting a bit much.
A livestock incinerator would not be purchased for disposing of airplane fuels or other waste. To clear brush, it is going to be a lot easier and the thing to be done to just burn it with a regular old fashioned fire....you are not going to put through small bits of brush through the incinerator and wait hours for each small batch.
This incinerator has a specific purpose. I can't find confirmation for this, but I'm am pretty sure that burning waste fuels requires a specific type of incinerator so this would not be suitable. I would also imagine that working airports would have a more convenient means of disposing of fuels and other wastes on the premises.

I'm sure DM's laywer must be loving all of this encouragement as everyone is working so hard here to find alibis and cast doubt on his client's guilt. I'm sure it may be a better use of time to find evidence for his guilt or someone else's guilt rather than just giving theories for why it wasn't DM.....just saying. It seems that most conversations have turned to give doubt to his guilt. Even if he possibly could be innocent, follow the evidence and find who is guilty instead of just theories to get DM off the hook. He will have enough help with that. This thread is still about TB so let's look toward evidence not loopholes.
JMHO

I think this thread first catalogued everything DM could possibly be involved in, and people are just taking a critical look at the evidence to assess how strong this case really is

LE is just as curious as us about the incinerator...could it really have been bought to cremate bodies? How bizarre is that? Or did DM have the incinerator for a legitimate purpose and only turn to use it when he found himself with a dead body to dispose of?

This is the first MSM report I've seen that differentiates where TB's body was found.
http://www.lfpress.com/2013/05/18/forensic-investigation-into-tim-bosma-death-wrapped-up

Since the discovery of the charred body of Ancaster family man Tim Bosma on last Tuesday, Hamilton investigators have been camped out at two Waterloo-area properties: the wooded area where Bosma’s remains were found burned beyond recognition, and farmland owned by Millard on which a portable incinerator was found.

Is this accurate, or a confusion of facts by MSM?
How far apart are the two properties?
When was the portable incinerator last moved?

So, in the interest of eliminating extra hypothetical components, exiledred, are you comfortable with the idea that we must be dealing with a bunch of psychopaths led by a master psychopathic/serial killer? Do psychopaths run in packs like that? Sort of like a gaggle of murderous loners, none of whom are capable of empathy or compassion ready to randomly kill on command?

My understanding is that psychopaths collect weak-minded individuals that they can control and manipulate to do deeds. They use others, and when those others are no longer of use, they discard them. Psychopaths do not seem to work with other psychopaths (perhaps because even another psychopath can not control or manipulate a psychopath?).

The trailer hauled away from the hanger in Waterloo could be the same trailer... makes sense police investigators would prefer to look it over in a safe and dry area and they were already set up at the hanger.
Also hauled away that day was smaller trailer... could that be the one that transported the burner?

Yeah. When they don't come from wealthy families they're called "gangs".

Well he has a lawyer now. And he still isn't talking. So if we are to go by the example that he wanted to wait until he had legal counsel to clear his name, fine. So why isn't he doing that now by interviewing with LE with his lawyer present?

So yes, it is my POV that it's perfectly fine to exercise your rights under the law, but it's just not the usual reaction from an innocent person with absolutely no previous experience with the law according to his own lawyer. However, it makes absolutely no sense to continue your silence and sit in a jail cell when you do have legal counsel unless you have something to hide.

MOO

Yes, precisely, and that is again under the instruction of his lawyer. IMO it's because anything he may say the lawyer has deemed incriminating or potentially so. That is more telling than his, or anyone's for that matter, wise decision to decline to answer questions or comment to the police. If he had information to exonerate him, there is still ample evidence, circumstantial but on the tipping point of compelling evidence imo, that points to his involvement. It could very well be the lawyer's opinion that anything he says will not help him. And remember, anything he says can and will be used against him and, further, anything he says helps the prosecution, not the defense.

Didn't open it. I know the list well....very well.......why I said Canada doesn't need a death penalty until they get their act better in order.

yes but that was in direct response to your statement that "there's no other reason for an innocent man to sit in jail"

most times they don't have a choice

anyway, this is getting somewhat off-topic and I'm sure all of this on this thread can agree that we would like to witness justice for Tim Bosma and his family

my opinions expressed about our legal system are not necessarily reflective of my personal feelings about this case and the accused

In fact, in Canada, exercising one's constitutional right not to speak with LE and request a lawyer CANNOT be considered as evidence of guilt in court. I am frustrated that nothing has been forthcoming from him and I do not believe he has been framed but I am constantly perplexed by the POV that if one exercises their rights under law, then they must be guilty or, at the very least, hiding something.

Here's an excellent write up by a defense lawyer that explains the procedure of interrogation and why one's defense begins with remaining silent:

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/blog/2012/06/what-to-do-when-the-police-want-to-talk-to-you.html

Very good post, too bad so many people won't be bothered to read it and will instead continue to declare that he must be trying to hide something by remaining silent.

He was with his father at the time who was a shrewd businessman

Could you please provide some links/sources to back up this claim that Wayne Millard was a shrewd businessman.

I'm wondering why after his death, Dellen took steps to close the business down and not proceed with Wayne's plans.

If it was a viable/excellent business opportunity, why would he not go ahead with it? Wouldn't people be lining up to buy the business.

This is the first MSM report I've seen that differentiates where TB's body was found.
http://www.lfpress.com/2013/05/18/forensic-investigation-into-tim-bosma-death-wrapped-up

Is this accurate, or a confusion of facts by MSM?
How far apart are the two properties?
When was the portable incinerator last moved?

This news article states the following posted online Friday: Bosma’s body was found at either the farm or the hangar. An incinerator was found on the farm property, but police say they’re not sure if the incinerator is connected to the death of Bosma, whose body was found burned.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/investi...n-with-dellen-millard-1.1286519#ixzz2TlQozbXt

So like I said earlier it depends on which media news we read as to what is the accurate one to go by. :moo:

While that seems highly unlikely, imo, I could not possibly agree more with your post's last statements.

What I meant by this, is that my application of Occam's Razor in this case creates a hypothesis that is just as bizarre as any other.

Which is why Im not comfortable with the process until we have the facts.

yes but that was in direct response to your statement that "there's no other reason for an innocent man to sit in jail"

most times they don't have a choice

anyway, this is getting somewhat off-topic and I'm sure all of this on this thread can agree that we would like to witness justice for Tim Bosma and his family

my opinions expressed about our legal system are not necessarily reflective of my personal feelings about this case and the accused

I can appreciate that. If DM is paying for a lawyer and his lawyer's advice, he might as well take it.

Much of all this initial "rights" philosophy won't matter much if the Judge determines the lack of admitting it might cause the Crown and Court disrepute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje