Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #8 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, it seems to me, given the nation-wide coverage of this crime, LE and/or the prosecution is treading very dangerously close to making it impossible to assemble an impartial jury in this case = no trial.
<rsbm>

Part of the jury selection process will include a question wrt whether the potential jury has seen media coverage and if they have formed an opinion wrt the accused. If they have formed an opinion, would they be able to set aside that opinion to consider only the legal evidence presented at trial. It has been determined that most people are able to do so.

Sorry, offhand I don't have any links to that info, but I recall it from past cases.

But common among the variations on the alternate theory we're poking at is that DM was truly looking not to steal a truck, but to buy a truck and thought he did so.

I suppose we'll have to wait for actual admissible evidence presented at trial before we get any closer to understanding the motivation.

Incidentally, it seems to me, given the nation-wide coverage of this crime, LE and/or the prosecution is treading very dangerously close to making it impossible to assemble an impartial jury in this case = no trial.

The last paragraph above, Carli - why do say this? If anything, to me, I think LE has released very little information in the grand scheme of things.

-they haven't commented on whether other suspects have been found/arrested (or found deceased)
-they haven't indicated where exactly TB's body was found
-they haven't indicated exactly how they were able to confirm it was TB's 'burned beyond recognition' body that they found
-they haven't indicated whether there was evidence of human remains inside the incinerator
-they haven't released any of their findings at the various crime scenes, only recently did they release that they've found more remains but can't confirm if human (frankly not sure why this was released until it was confirmed they are human)
-they haven't indicated why they've stated it appears that TB 'put up a fight/struggle'

There is tons of info they've not released, a lot of it the very things we're discussing and questioning here on WS.

I can't think of any brutal, senseless murder of this nature that's happened in Canada that hasn't received a lot of coverage, for obvious reasons.

If anything, a lot of the info in this case is being perpetuated by the Media and hate to say it but even we here are adding to it, which then just feeds the media.

What do you think LE has released that they shouldn't have? I think they have to provide some info, as they have -- people are scared, people are shocked, people are grieving and trying to make sense of why a good young man/husband/Daddy was brutally murdered. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there in ON who are scared and fearing for their and their family's safety, particularly if they believe there are other suspects on the loose out there.

I'm almost done for the night, and I know this isn't in the vein of the current discussion, but wanted to say ..

Thinking of Tim, and hoping that Sharlene and Tim's family know how hard people want to see those responsible brought to justice for taking him away.

Rest in Peace Tim
:rose:

I'd still like to know how he was tipped off on this property. Why was he driving around in that area and just happened to stumble on that for sale sign and called the realtor listed on the sign himself. It just seems so out of the way of his usual stomping grounds.

He must know someone in that area for him to have been driving around there.

MOO

Does the property across the street not have a small airstrip? It has a pool and tennis courts, and what looks like a place to exercise horses. I grew up with MB and her parents owned racehorses. Could be family friends living across the street.

My theory is and always has been: they wanted the thrill, and the bonus of the truck. Almost-victim number 1 was a "very large man". Possibly they didn't think he could subdue him. Also, there is speculation about the capacity of the incinerator (250lbs). I think almost-victim #1 was either a dry run or they saw him and aborted.

I doubt that the reason why almost-victim number 1 was released has anything to do with the ability to subdue him. A huge man is surely easier to subdue in a confined space than a strong, nimble, young man. A nimble man can kick your head, but a huge man has a hard time even undoing his seat belt.

It's possible that the capacity of the incinerator was the concern. This coupled with the possibility that the agricultural use of the fields was cancelled, suggests that this crime may have been pre-meditation.

I have been away for the weekend, and we have 3 new threads since I was last able to read here. Would someone be kind enough to give me a brief run down of anything new in the case since Wednesday maybe? Last I heard, TB had been found, remains burned, murder 1 charges laid against DM, and his court had been remanded until June sometime.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.news1130.com/files/2013/05/farm-668x374.jpg
farm-668x374.jpg

Do I see a trampoline, swing, and other kids things in this yard? I thought this was DM's farm and barn? It looks as if someone lives there. Just wondering why this picture appeared with the story : More remains found on farm that belongs to Millard?

I also doubt that the " other remains " being looked at were animal, as the former owner had been a pig farmer and didn't say he burnt remains of pigs on that property. Being related to a pig farmer myself, I have been told directly that deformed, sick, *discoloured* pigs, and any pig that died from whatever cause are routinely buried usually using a back hoe. Other than that, you would pay for removal and disposal. A veterinarian puts any live animal down before it is buried. There is a requirement on the depth of the hole the disposed pig is buried in so I would speculate (MOO) that it wouldn't be that easy for LE to find pig remains.
*( discoloured piglets are put down as black spots on the piglet are through out the meat, and no one would purchase a nice pink pork chop with a black spot. Although edible, it doesn't look good, and the farmer can't sell it. )*

Did we ever see a photo of DM tattoo ?? Curious if the "frame" around it was original or added afterwards.

Newbie here - have only lurked up until now.

Re: children's toys in neighbouring yard: when we drove through Roseville Road last week, we so noticed this property. From my own recollection as someone somewhat local, this property has appeared to either only be half used (home but empty, old barn) or possibly divided in two for sale with only the residential/house half occupied. There is nothing unusual about this in this part of the region, which is very farm-centric outside of the bigger cities (Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph and to a lesser extent, Cambridge).

Did we ever see a photo of DM tattoo ?? Curious if the "frame" around it was original or added afterwards.

I believe its been confirmed that he first got the word tattooed and at a later date put the frame around it.

There were photos of his arm floating around, several without a frame and one with a frame.

Don't have the links right now though...

Do I see a trampoline, swing, and other kids things in this yard? I thought this was DM's farm and barn? It looks as if someone lives there. Just wondering why this picture appeared with the story

*( discoloured piglets are put down as black spots on the piglet are through out the meat, and no one would purchase a nice pink pork chop with a black spot. Although edible, it doesn't look good, and the farmer can't sell it. )*

Must be an old photo?
Sad lot we are, with so many people hungry, who would have thought we can be so choosy about black spots?

I believe its been confirmed that he first got the word tattooed and at a later date put the frame around it.
?? His way of forecasting his future?? I've been framed........

farm-668x374.jpg

Do I see a trampoline, swing, and other kids things in this yard? I thought this was DM's farm and barn? It looks as if someone lives there. Just wondering why this picture appeared with the story : More remains found on farm that belongs to Millard?
That is someone elses property. If you look at google earth you can see this is a seperate lot with a fence around it, street view confirms this with a different lot number.

That said I can't make out what the extents of DM's property would be. How many acres did he have?

farm-668x374.jpg

I also doubt that the " other remains " being looked at were animal, as the former owner had been a pig farmer and didn't say he burnt remains of pigs on that property. Being related to a pig farmer myself, I have been told directly that deformed, sick, *discoloured* pigs, and any pig that died from whatever cause are routinely buried usually using a back hoe. Other than that, you would pay for removal and disposal. A veterinarian puts any live animal down before it is buried. There is a requirement on the depth of the hole the disposed pig is buried in so I would speculate (MOO) that it wouldn't be that easy for LE to find pig remains.

Initially I thought that the house was part of the land owned by DM. They have at least 70k in solar panels feeding to the grid on a separate building and toys outside. I wondered if at one point the two pieces of land were owned by one person because they are so close together.

Initially I thought that the house was part of the land owned by DM. They have at least 70k in solar panels feeding to the grid on a separate building and toys outside. I wondered if at one point the two pieces of land were owned by one person because they are so close together.

Yes, I noticed the solar panels.

The whole thing reeks.

Light presence and not alot of activity.

Police are maintaining a light presence at the Waterloo Region farm of Dellen Millard on Tuesday, and have confirmed that other remains have been found on the property.
The 27-year-old was charged with first-degree murder after the remains of Ancaster, Ont., man Tim Bosma were discovered there.

A single Hamilton Police car was spotted by CBC News on the property near North Dumfries on Tuesday morning and tents set up by police remain standing, but there did not appear to be much activity on the farm.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...rloo-millard-police-still-searching-farm.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiemi