Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #8 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understanding of what Carli is saying, she believes that any LE releases have basically implicated DM in this case. Which they have. Every part of the releases have mentioned things that point to him regardless of whether the information is circumstantial or not. For example :

Because trailer was at his moms, does not mean he put it there.

Because remains are at farm, does not mean he put them there.

Because someone says he drove their pickup (first test drive) does not mean that this first test was factual at this point.

Because someone says there was a tattoo of 'ambition' with a box around it does not mean that it was DM. (especially if his tattoo has no box around)

etc

Not saying that any of the circumstantial evidence wont eventually lead to facts- but as yet it does not and by just leaving circumstantial evidence out there without facts, makes a sure determination that does in fact create a very negative situation for DM.

Also where does it say DM's father was brutally murdered? <MODSNIP>

Pretty hard to put out warm, fuzzy police bulletins and statements given the severity of the crime. It gets tiresome listening to the "poor, innocent, accused" story. Of course, the victim is denied their story, but, LE ensures the evidence tells it for them, in the horrid details of their death. Lets not forget the defenders of the accused, ensuring their rights to a fair trial, and the Canadian justice system that strives to enable that.

Similar to the murdering pedophile Rafferty's case, there will be people who have self serving interests in the case, posting on forums, spreading truths, untruths and everything in between. Fortunately this forum is victim friendly, and will limit the vitriol.

Like many other things, most have the wisdom to see sideshows for what they are. Fortunately, we are not a jury, just a crime forum.

Jmo

For what it's worth CTV(CP24) just said the police affirmed TB body found on DM farm.

2. The reports say the truck was seen in Downtown Brantford around 10:10, do we has a solid confirmation that it was his truck witnessed downtown? No this has not been confirmed and I have wondered about this myself, as who would have known that a black truck going down the street belonged to missing TB hours before he was even reported missing.

Yes, it was confirmed in the Q&A portion of the MSM portion of the Afternoon segment of video... stated that there was a WITNESS that said they saw TB's Truck at 10:10pm (approx.) not a camera.

LE Afternoon Media Video & Q&A Segment...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny87BjsZuv0

I just posted this in the separate thread for WM but I am cross-posting here because of the explosive new information!

Just watched CityTV news and they reported some interesting information.

Just before his death Wayne Millard had announced to his family that he was in love and about to get married!

In addition to the news about a pending marriage - according to the report by Jim Junkin Toronto Police are only now discovering that WM had just finished building a $6 Million Hangar and business prospects looked bright.

What this tell us is at the time Toronto Police did next to nothing to investigate Wayne Millard's background. A simple Google search would have told them Millard was developing an exciting new business.

IMO the fact the WM was about to be married would be motivation for DM to kill him in order to remain as the sole heir to the family fortune!

Wow, looks like everyone has been off since 11:30 am and I was only able to get on now after a few hours of trying.

Just saw this tweet: Dave Agar &#8207;@AgarNT1010 4m
CBC TO has learned police close to making more "arrests" in Tim Bosma murder. Offered no other info.

https://twitter.com/AgarNT1010

He's a reporter for newstalk 1010

I couldn't get on all afternoon! Craziness! :scared:

Excerpted from the Mississauga article linked above.

"I have written to them advising them that this is a violation of the Law Society Rules of Professional Conduct," Paradkar told The News. "In high-profile cases like this, lawyers like to try to get the case and they'll use any way to try and get it. It undermines the relationship between lawyer and client."
Dirk Derstine, who heads the firm along with Jennifer Penman, said that Millard requested a meeting with the firm, something Paradkar said client has denied.
"All of our communication with Mr. Millard was proper, above board and above reproach," Derstine said. "We tried to contact Mr. Paradkar about this matter but as he does not have an office this was made more difficult."

Oh jeez.

Maybe he's like the Lincoln Lawyer, and conducts business from his car. :floorlaugh:

But seriously, no office?

Did this other law firm initiate contact w/ DM or vice-versa? Wouldn't it be some kind of ?ethical conflict of interest to try and be hired on by a client who already has representation?.......and isn't it kind of tacky for him to report this all to the media?

Pretty hard to put out warm, fuzzy police bulletins and statements given the severity of the crime. It gets tiresome listening to the "poor, innocent, accused" story. Of course, the victim is denied their story, but, LE ensures the evidence tells it for them, in the horrid details of their death. Lets not forget the defenders of the accused, ensuring their rights to a fair trial, and the Canadian justice system that strives to enable that.

Similar to the murdering pedophile Rafferty's case, there will be people who have self serving interests in the case, posting on forums, spreading truths, untruths and everything in between. Fortunately this forum is victim friendly, and will limit the vitriol.

Like many other things, most have the wisdom to see sideshows for what they are. Fortunately, we are not a jury, just a crime forum.

Jmo

I dont believe I have put out warm fuzzy feelings for anyone, on the contrary I am trying to get facts. You may have utmost faith in the justice system...but please forgive those who do not share any warm fuzzy feelings for same. Too many people have been wrongfully arrested/convicted for me to place total faith in the 'system'

I would hope you are not suggesting that I have any self serving interests in trying to get a fair hearing for an accused., I know the forum is victim friendly (although some victims are unwittingly involved in their own fate) and thats great, but the forum should also be 'presumed innocent' friendly too. Its ok to sleuth the facts but I see terrible things posted about DM that are purely opinion based and are astoundingly vitriolic.

To be fair, forums are merely sideshows. I just hope some facts and substance can be derived from the site that will benefit both the victims family and any innocent involved.

Excerpted from the Mississauga article linked above.

"I have written to them advising them that this is a violation of the Law Society Rules of Professional Conduct," Paradkar told The News. "In high-profile cases like this, lawyers like to try to get the case and they'll use any way to try and get it. It undermines the relationship between lawyer and client."
Dirk Derstine, who heads the firm along with Jennifer Penman, said that Millard requested a meeting with the firm, something Paradkar said client has denied.
"All of our communication with Mr. Millard was proper, above board and above reproach," Derstine said. "We tried to contact Mr. Paradkar about this matter but as he does not have an office this was made more difficult."

Oh jeez.

Oh man, isn't Derstine the lawyer for Magnotta? Interesting choice for DM, if true...:facepalm:

Yes, it was confirmed in the Q&A portion of the MSM portion of the Afternoon segment of video... stated that there was a WITNESS that said they saw TB's Truck at 10:10pm (approx.) not a camera.

LE Afternoon Media Video & Q&A Segment...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny87BjsZuv0

So are we to conclude that the witness knew TB? How else would they know TB 's truck?

Maybe he's like the Lincoln Lawyer, and conducts business from his car. :floorlaugh:

But seriously, no office?

Did this other law firm initiate contact w/ DM or vice-versa? Wouldn't it be some kind of ?ethical conflict of interest to try and be hired on by a client who already has representation?.......and isn't it kind of tacky for him to report this all to the media?

A lot of lawyers work out of their own home. I think he is right to report it to the media. Lawyers soliciting themselves for business is much more tacky than a lawyer advising people of inappropriate behaviors of fellow BAR members. jmo

I dont believe I have put out warm fuzzy feelings for anyone, on the contrary I am trying to get facts. You may have utmost faith in the justice system...but please forgive those who do not share any warm fuzzy feelings for same. Too many people have been wrongfully arrested/convicted for me to place total faith in the 'system'

I would hope you are not suggesting that I have any self serving interests in trying to get a fair hearing for an accused., I know the forum is victim friendly (although some victims are unwittingly involved in their own fate) and thats great, but the forum should also be 'presumed innocent' friendly too. Its ok to sleuth the facts but I see terrible things posted about DM that are purely opinion based and are astoundingly vitriolic.

To be fair, forums are merely sideshows. I just hope some facts and substance can be derived from the site that will benefit both the victims family and any innocent involved.

Last time I checked, this WAS a "presumed innocent" friendly forum. The rules dictate we cannot sleuth anyone until they are formally named by LE as a suspect. People are named as suspects with good reason. We simply uncover additional evidence supporting, or to the contrary of, the charges against the accused. The majority of us aren't going around trying to find damning evidence against suspects - but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, well, let's just go ahead and call it a duck....

P.S. Web "SLEUTHS" would be a pretty boring forum if we couldn't sleuth suspects...

Is there a link yet?? Can't find anything. What is going on??

No link that I know of yet. I saw the anchor say it, that's why I said "for what it's worth."

There has been pathetic journalism from the start concerning MSM and what is actually told them and what MSM interprets what was said.

"In high-profile cases like this, lawyers like to try to get the case and they'll use any way to try and get it. It undermines the relationship between lawyer and client."

Isn't it a violation for a Lawyer to reveal a conversation with his client? By saying that his client denied contacting the Derstine firm he is revealing a conversation with his client.

I suspect that DM's mother probably brought in the Derstine law firm after watching the appalling job being done by this guy.

Most innocent people are not convicted due to elaborate frame-up plots. Actually many people are convicted in such a way, especially high profile situations !!!

It usually happens due to cops/prosecutors being fixated on a theory and discounting other evidence. Said evidence is usually clear and not an out-there frame-up theory. I agree that cops/prosecutors get fixated.

This kind of thing is also less likely to happen in an era of CCTV and DNA testing. ] I think when you are dealing with a terrific amount of money, anything goes and anything is possible. CCTV and DNA can actually help in a frame-up if worked correctly.

thats jmho

The last paragraph above, Carli - why do say this? If anything, to me, I think LE has released very little information in the grand scheme of things.

-they haven't commented on whether other suspects have been found/arrested (or found deceased)
-they haven't indicated where exactly TB's body was found
-they haven't indicated exactly how they were able to confirm it was TB's 'burned beyond recognition' body that they found
-they haven't indicated whether there was evidence of human remains inside the incinerator
-they haven't released any of their findings at the various crime scenes, only recently did they release that they've found more remains but can't confirm if human (frankly not sure why this was released until it was confirmed they are human)
-they haven't indicated why they've stated it appears that TB 'put up a fight/struggle'

There is tons of info they've not released, a lot of it the very things we're discussing and questioning here on WS.

I can't think of any brutal, senseless murder of this nature that's happened in Canada that hasn't received a lot of coverage, for obvious reasons.

If anything, a lot of the info in this case is being perpetuated by the Media and hate to say it but even we here are adding to it, which then just feeds the media.

What do you think LE has released that they shouldn't have? I think they have to provide some info, as they have -- people are scared, people are shocked, people are grieving and trying to make sense of why a good young man/husband/Daddy was brutally murdered. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there in ON who are scared and fearing for their and their family's safety, particularly if they believe there are other suspects on the loose out there.

We're actually very much on the same page with this, LayzeeDayzee. In fact I'd go much further. There is absolutely NO reason for LE to make any public statements of any kind on this or any case, and I dearly wish they would refrain from doing so beyond, possibly, a request for public help from time to time when someone is missing or a bad guy is on the loose and, even in those cases I feel they should exercise cautious restraint.

In the US where many roles in the judicial system such as the Chiefs of Police we've all grown accustomed to highly energized press conference circuses with police jockeying for position in front of the camera to make breathless pronouncements about the current status of some crime or other. Theoretically these are meant to show the public that everything's under control, the police have the emergency du jour in hand etc. The unspoken message, (sometimes loudly spoken) is that if the police only had more money and more gear the emergency wouldn't have arisen in the first place. The unspoken message on the next layer below that one is Vote For Chief "Gotcher Back" because crime is on the rise and only he can control it.

In Canada where police and judicial positions are not subject to the whim of the electorate it's somewhat more puzzling why the police here are now becoming media hogs too. Statements about having a suspect in custody suggests to the public that the emergency is over, the criminal is securely in irons and everyone can breathe easy. But then, there's the suggestions some more murderers of random targets might be out there but LE has no descriptions, at least none they're willing to share so the media, and yes, we here on this website too start trying to explain the unexplainable and building the case against the only individual in the sights.

Frankly, if I had my druthers, I'd call time out. LE should quietly and diligently follow all the leads they possibly can to get to the bottom of this horrible, seemingly senseless crime. The Media should get out there and dig, scratch, cajole and otherwise scrape up every morsel of information they can. Neither one of them should be giving our imaginative musings on websites like this the time of day. I have a sinking feeling that among the victims of this terrible event we can count members of several generations of the Millard family, their friends and associates and, even should DM be found innocent of this crime, this damage will not be undone. If this should be the case it will be, imo, almost entirely the fault of social media - the nouveau chattering classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485