Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #8 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought over from thread #7 post 792
Posted by Carli
You do? Why? He had several employees. His father had many more. His grandfather had more still. Maybe you're unaware of how coded locks work and how different levels of access are or can be, from time to time, awarded to different persons. Aaargh. I can't frankly be bothered to explain it. Suffice it to say that if he went out with some people to finalize the purchase of a truck (should it turn out to suit his purpose) then leave to go home giving instructions to the others to a) return TB to his home and b) drive the new vehicle to the hangar, every6body would be provided with whatever access codes they needed, if they didn't already have them.

Respectfully but this is ludicrous for anyone to think they can just go out and do an on the spot sale of a vehicle; an expensive diesel truck none the less, is sadly mistaken. Here in Canada, we have regulations and laws that must be adhered to. It's not as simple as just passing cash over to the seller, loading the truck into a trailer, shaking hands, handing over the keys and driving away. Let's be realistic please. Also, a lot of business now have swipe cards or fingerprint reading security to gain access into large businesses and have video surveillance monitoring the property. I would believe being a company this large with planes, (possibly expensive antiques) vehicles and other expensive equipment sitting on that property, they would have to have top notch security requested by their insurance company. MOO

I agree with Swedie, although an "as is" private vehicle sale deal COULD be completed with a handshake, signing over the ownership, hand over the cash and the keys. The buyer would then be obligated to obtain a certificate of mechanical fitness and UVIP package prior to registering the vehicle in their name.

What I agree with, is that it is ludicrous to think this transaction would happen somewhere out on the road prior to completing the test drive. If DM liked the truck and wanted to buy it on the spot, there is no logical reason why they wouldn't have returned to TB's house, done the deal in the driveway/garage/house, and parted ways. Even if DM instructed one of his buddies to take his newly-acquired truck to the hanger, I think it is silly to think that he would have parted ways in the middle of the test-drive after doing to deal somewhere mid-drive, then gotten out and left.

...theory the truck was just a way to find TB. If he accidentally came across something (he may not have even known he saw something) perhaps the only thing the killers had to go on was make, model, for sale sign, maybe a partial plate. I know people are stuck on the LE statement that there was no connection between TB and DM before the test drive, but how could they possibly know that, with DM not talking and TB unable to?

I'm with you in trying to find other connections of why TB became a target by whoever.

Especially because as in that video, there are ways to push people out of cars and driving off without having to kill them.

Ok - It's important to me to clear this up.
Post #146 (by MamaDukes) is the first I've seen regarding chloroform, during a discussion about property ownership. I believe she attempted to double post, but accidentally erased my post and part of the code, as my name appears after
in the first line of content.
Post #152 (NiagaraElle) quotes that message but it shows that I posted it.
It may seem like a small matter, but I would ask that both posts be edited and my name removed.
I will NEVER speculate about how TB may have been overcome or killed. His remains are in the hands of the only people who can determine these things, and whether they can or cannot, they will inform us in due time.

K.I.S.S. Theory in my mind. I refuse to give horrible ppl that much credit. It was a car theft that went wrong fast, very fast. Got seriously dumber in the cover-up. Addled minds with a superiority complex.

Well, there you go. Who knew? As I said, were I to do that, originals would probably never float up to the surface in my household again. Who has time for filing when there's sleuthing goin' on? But the Ont Ministry of Transportation refers to this "Used Vehicle Information Package" which I gather is meant to be signed and given to a buyer. If you're curb-siding, I can't imagine why you wouldn't carry it in the vehicle. Did TB's truck have a "For Sale" sign anywhere on it? He lived out in the country. If somebody at the mall is ready and willing to buy, for instance are you then going to provide all the address and driving instructions for your place, thus letting that hot buyer off the hook? Maybe. I dunno. I wouldn't. Anyway, I don't necessarily want to welcome this buyer/stranger inside my house. I just want him to buy my truck.

With all due respect if a "stranger at the mall" suddenly produced $24,000 to buy my truck on a whim, I would assume there was something "hot" about the whole transaction...

A "bestseller" only in one of the NY Times awesomely long and extensively categorized "lists". (Yes, Virginia, you too can be on a NY Times bestseller list.) And an old list at that. I asked about DM's father's state of health only because this title sounds like something a sympathetic relative or friend might advise him to read to help him through a difficult situation.

Still wondering about the lawyer's barton jail zen master philosophizing comment though. Best seller life lessons/self help doesn't quite qualify imo. Is he protecting his g/f for some reason - either because she could be in danger or because he knows she betrayed him?

"The Last Lecture" is both an amazing 1-hour long lecture given by Randy Pausch after being diagnosed with terminal cancer, AND the name of the book he wrote describing the process of dealing with his diagnosis and preparing to give the lecture.

The book is an awesome, inspiring read and the lecture is well worth watching on YouTube. It is mostly about lessons on how to live your life, delivered with a lot of humour and intelligence.

Ok - It's important to me to clear this up.
Post #146 (by MamaDukes) is the first I've seen regarding chloroform, during a discussion about property ownership. I believe she attempted to double post, but accidentally erased my post and part of the code, as my name appears after <modsnip> in the first line of content.
Post #152 (NiagaraElle) quotes that message but it shows that I posted it.
It may seem like a small matter, but I would ask that both posts be edited and my name removed.
I will NEVER speculate about how TB may have been overcome or killed. His remains are in the hands of the only people who can determine these things, and whether they can or cannot, they will inform us in due time.
No, it doesn't. I just spent 40 minutes fixing the broken quotes. :facepalm:

:drumroll: :whiteflag::cursing::whiteflag::cursing: :whiteflag: :cursing:

If you quote a post, your post should look something like this before you "submit reply". (I've intentionally omitted the "e" in "quote" and used a red font for demonstration purposes)

[quot=janedoe1234;]I think...blah, blah, blah...[/quot]

I agree, jane doe...blah, blah, blah
Note the quote tags in red.

The start quote tag includes a user name, a number, and a couple of symbols inside a pair of brackets.

The end quote tag is a / + the word "quote" inside another pair of brackets.

If any part is inadvertently removed or highlighted/bolded, the quote will be broken.

Subsequently, if a member quotes your post, the first quote will be picked up as part of your post.

The first poster's name will affix to your post (inside the third person's post), and your name will be left astray.

Thereafter, the error will repeat in quotes 4, 5, 6...

Confused? Now try to fix 20-30 of these and figure out who said what. :)

So please, when quoting a post, be certain both start and end tags are complete and in plain face type (not bolded or colored).

:tyou:

Does anyone else remember reading that the other suspect in the vehicle was short, while one suspect was tall?

That caught my eye too -- it was a rehash -- Globe & Mail Monday a.m. (today) -- twice in the article it emphasized taller was the driver and second suspect was short.

Well, if DM VOLUNTARILY gives his DNA for research purposes, I suppose this legally supports any attempts to retrieve his DNA for this particular case. And YES, I'm sure LE already has a sample of his DNA via indirect methods. JMO

ETA: I'm also wondering why he was out there giving his DNA in terms of researching relatives of his? Mohawk ancestry? Lonely at the top?

JMO I have ponder the theory he may have been adopted. I considered the age of his father, which to me is getting up their in age for deciding to have a child, it happens yes I realize. Something else I thought about is MB being a stewardess. Sometimes these women consider not having children because of their careers and the time spent away from home. As WM and MB got older, they felt like they wanted a child and if she was close in age to WM, it would have become a bit of a risk having children at her age. Therefore they could have decided to adopt. MB decided once they adopted a child she would retire for being a stewardess or go part time or take a position with Millardair. Did they decide to have a child to carry on the family business? Have we been privy to MB's age or DOB? This could also explain why DM was in a private French school. One he may have lived on res while his parents worked through the week. So with DM having his DNA in a databank, possibly he was searching for parents, siblings, relatives? :dunno:

JMO I have ponder the theory he may have been adopted. I considered the age of his father, which to me is getting up their in age for deciding to have a child, it happens yes I realize. Something else I thought about is MB being a stewardess. Sometimes these women consider not having children because of their careers and the time spent away from home. As WM and MB got older, they felt like they wanted a child and if she was close in age to WM, it would have become a bit of a risk having children at her age. Therefore they could have decided to adopt. MB decided once they adopted a child she would retire for being a stewardess or go part time or take a position with Millardair. Did they decide to have a child to carry on the family business? Have we been privy to MB's age or DOB? This could also explain why DM was in a private French school. One he may have lived on res while his parents worked through the week. So with DM having his DNA in a databank, possibly he was searching for parents, siblings, relatives? :dunno:

I can't find the picture now by searching on Google but I've seen it online and here, a picture of WM and DM together, and DM looked a lot like his father, IMO

You have to carry your insurance and registration with you - mine is in my wallet. On the back of the reg is a certificate of sale that you fill out and give to the buyer so they can reg the vehicle.

You can carry a photocopy of your registration as long as it's copied both sides and current. Our insurance company advised us this was the best way to do it. If your vehicle is ever stolen and your registration is in the glove box, the thief has all they need. They could forge your signature and have everything done before you even realize your vehicle has been stolen. We carry a photocopy which I have shown a few times to police and there has never been an issue. It's legal. HTH.

IMO I can not see TB or any other person with half a brain doing a road side sale of his expensive truck, late at night to total strangers. That would be very odd and stupid indeed. Most people when selling their vehicles like to go to the MTO with the buyer to take care of paper work. This is what my husband always does. I believe TB had more common sense than some are people seem to be giving him credit for. Many men tend to be very picky about their vehicles and want to make sure things are taken care of properly. TB from what we are led to believe through numerous police reports, did not know his perps. So why would he trust someone to hand over a wad of cash or even a cheque and risk losing his vehicle. The cash could have been counterfeit or the cheque could have been stolen or NSF. I am glad my little world involves common sense HTH and MOO.

You can carry a photocopy of your registration as long as it's copied both sides and current. Our insurance company advised us this was the best way to do it. If your vehicle is ever stolen and your registration is in the glove box, the thief has all they need. They could forge your signature and have everything done before you even realize your vehicle has been stolen. We carry a photocopy which I have shown a few times to police and there has never been an issue. It's legal. HTH.

IMO I can not see TB or any other person with half a brain doing a road side sale of his expensive truck, late at night to total strangers. That would be very odd and stupid indeed. Most people when selling their vehicles like to go to the MTO with the buyer to take care of paper work. This is what my husband always does. I believe TB had more common sense than some are people seem to be giving him credit for. Many men tend to be very picky about their vehicles and want to make sure things are taken care of properly. TB from what we are led to believe through numerous police reports, did not know his perps. So why would he trust someone to hand over a wad of cash or even a cheque and risk losing his vehicle. The cash could have been counterfeit or the cheque could have been stolen or NSF. I am glad my little world involves common sense HTH and MOO.

If it's been reported by LE that his phone was turned off within ONE MILE from his home, I think it would be reasonable to believe that the topic of payment for the truck/truck title/paperwork would have never even come up, IMO. If the perps were out to steal his truck, they obviously weren't looking to talk payment........and if they were just looking for a 'thrill kill', again, I don't think payment/cash/paperwork/etc EVER came up - period.

TB obviously would have thought they were seriously interested in buying his truck but I firmly believe that the perps, at no point were ever interested in actually buying his truck. JMO.

I'd say most likely

But what good is that ownership to the perps? They could try and sell the vehicle on to someone unsuspecting using that ownership, but they would have to advertize to find a stranger to dupe...and no one would be able to re-register that truck because it was hot, ownership or no ownership

If they wanted it for parts they wouldn't need the ownership. If the remains on DM's property being search now turn out to be human remains, I'm guessing the perps were killing partially for the thrill of it and wanting the truck for parts or hoping they could somehow change the VIN, paint it and carry on their merry way. I bet this case will show there was hard core drugs involved; using and transporting. It wouldn't be hard for DM to carry out being he has a pilot's license. MOO

Also IMO we're going to learn it is what it is. DM and his corrupt buddies were in this together. And I don't believe this is his/their first murder. DM is not the innocent guy some assume he is, or cannot fathom why someone with such wealth would do something like this. It's playing out like so many other cases. Pretty much what we are getting is what happened. We will be surprised with odds and ends of other information as the investigation goes on, and what eventually comes out in a court of law but again, what we are getting is what it is. Bare bones.

I wouldn't say that until the police tell us they have either eliminated or arrested all other suspects and announce they're now nust processing evidence. While they like to keep secrets and play games, public safety should be more important.

Respectfully Jay I don't know if I would say LE are playing games, I would refer to it as keeping it close to their vests. Sound about right Jay? ;) This does bother me that if LE DO know who they are looking for, why they haven't released names and pictures to the public. I have a gut feeling they don't know who the other suspects are at this point. Hopefully once they get some testing done on TB's truck and the trailer, hopefully they will be able to ID the other suspects. Here's hoping more definitive evidence is coming in to them via video surveillance, eye witnesses, acquaintances, ect. Such as in the Tori S. case where they were able to retrieve videos from ATM station, the store where the perps stopped to buy the weapon and a gas station. I would imagine LE have gone to numerous businesses in the Brantford area asking for video surveillance and let's hope they were able to get video from the day before when they went to the big guys place of business/work to test drive his vehicle.

The bolded part of this sentence below makes me hopeful they know who they are looking for but who knows for certain at this point. Here's hoping Tuesday brings great news of more arrests.

The arrest comes after a police search found Bosma&#8217;s cellphone Thursday afternoon in an industrial area in nearby Brantford, a development that gave investigators a record of phone calls they say let them hone in on a phone used by the suspects to contact Bosma about his truck ad.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...ppeared-after-taking-strangers-on-test-drive/

That man told police he was immediately suspicious of the men because he saw them walk to his business, which is located in an industrial area. The men wanted to test drive his Dodge Ram &#8211; the same vehicle that Bosma listed for sale.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/bosma-s-ce...w-details-on-suspects-1.1275631#ixzz2Tubu1FZ2

If it's been reported by LE that his phone was turned off within ONE MILE from his home, I think it would be reasonable to believe that the topic of payment for the truck/truck title/paperwork would have never even come up, IMO. If the perps were out to steal his truck, they obviously weren't looking to talk payment........and if they were just looking for a 'thrill kill', again, I don't think payment/cash/paperwork/etc EVER came up - period.

TB obviously would have thought they were seriously interested in buying his truck but I firmly believe that the perps, at no point were ever interested in actually buying his truck. JMO.

:tyou::goodpost::winkkiss: Glad you see the logic also Layzee. I believe many, not all, will agree with you 110% on this. I'm on board with you. Just trying to state the ridiculousness of the road side, late at night sale. :saythat:

That caught my eye too -- it was a rehash -- Globe & Mail Monday a.m. (today) -- twice in the article it emphasized taller was the driver and second suspect was short.

The business owner described the two men as suspicious and added to the description already provided by police.

The first suspect has the word “Ambition” tattooed on his wrist with a box around it, police said, adding that it’s a rather uncommon tattoo.

The two are white males in their 20s. The first is described as roughly 6’1” and between 170 and 180 pounds. He had short brown hair and was unshaven. He was wearing jeans and a long sleeve orange shirt with running shoes, police said.

The second man was shorter, at approximately 5’9” or 5’10”, police said. He had a small to medium build with dark hair and was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt.

http://globalnews.ca/news/551499/hamilton-police-to-provide-update-on-tim-bosma-case/

But common among the variations on the alternate theory we're poking at is that DM was truly looking not to steal a truck, but to buy a truck and thought he did so.

I suppose we'll have to wait for actual admissible evidence presented at trial before we get any closer to understanding the motivation.

Incidentally, it seems to me, given the nation-wide coverage of this crime, LE and/or the prosecution is treading very dangerously close to making it impossible to assemble an impartial jury in this case = no trial.

How so?? Care to share your opinion? We are probably 2 to 3 years away from trial (if it goes to trial, which I believe it will). Media coverage is nothing in this day and age. The defense will try to have the trial moved to another city (I assume) just as they did in the Tori S. case. Media coverage did not taint the jurors in the Tori S. case nor the Jodi A. trial IMO or else they wouldn't have come up with 15 and 18 biased jurors respectively. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed