CANADA Canada - Victoria Crow Shoe, 43, Lethbridge, AB, 26 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Happy Face killer lived in Elkford, B.C. and worked at the Fording Coal mine in the early 80s. He left the area in 1983, but he had friends that he worked and partied with. There have never been any rapes or murders from that time attributed to him in the Crowsnest Pass or Pincher Creek area, but was anyone looking for him in unsolved crimes there?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Hunter_Jesperson

The people in this area seem to have an insider/outsider mentality. Now one of their own stands accused of the murder of a little two-year-old and her father. Two other murders are being investigated as possibly connected. Can they ever again believe that danger only comes from strangers, or that bad things only happen to outsiders? Will they stop to consider that what happens to society's most vulnerable happens to us all?

FWIW, Jesperson became a trucker after he was fired from the mine for theft. His route was Lethbridge to Calgary.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2010/10/07/happy-face-killer-cold-blooded-self-pity/

Being as though the Happy Face Killer lived in Elkford in the early 80's, are there any surnames of the victim's of the Highway of tears from the early 70's connected to that area as to present day attachments? Either Gloria Moody of Williams Lake (1969) or Micheline Pare of Hudson Hope (1970) Not sure where I'm going with this and it may link up to TB's thread, but TB is from Elkford, was he not? And if there is something historical about the CNP murders that would link Victoria then should it not show by way of current attachment to either TB or someone close to him? I thought I lost myself but it does actually make sense in that those old killer's seemed to have their routes largely determined by where they lived and theoretically they could have crossed paths; however, if Victoria is resembling the footprint of a HOT victim by way of location and proximity to the other CNP murders then there should be a throwback family link to the area that is derived from the early 70's HOT murders. I could have maybe explained that better.

If TB's dad lived in Elkford at the same time as the Happy Face Killer and if the Happy Face Killer knew the SK who was responsible for the early 70's HOT murders then could there be a chance of family association between TB's family and an early 70's victim because it almost seems as if the HOT has come to the Blanchette doorstep through Victoria. Now, the only connection I can find so far is the Pare association through TB's sister's fb; there may be more.

HFK is 60 years old now. Yes, it is likely people remain in Elkford and the CNP who knew him. I doubt they'd want anyone to know.

So, where was she last seen?

Isn't that the obvious first information that is released by police. The victim, Victoria Crowshoe, was last seen on August 26 or August 31 and then she vanished. Who saw her last, who was she with, what was she doing?

She was found miles West of Lethbridge, where she was last seen, at the Windy Point Picnic peninsula at the Oldman Dam ... found floating in the water by a fisherman.

Can we have more information please? We're pretty good at putting together a timeline with maps, but this case seems

VACANT

So, where was she last seen?

Isn't that the obvious first information that is released by police. The victim, Victoria Crowshoe, was last seen on August 26 or August 31 and then she vanished. Who saw her last, who was she with, what was she doing?

She was found miles West of Lethbridge, where she was last seen, at the Windy Point Picnic peninsula at the Oldman Dam ... found floating in the water by a fisherman.

Can we have more information please? We're pretty good at putting together a timeline with maps, but this case seems

VACANT

Could we have a (google) map of that exact area because there may be a number of reasons whereby the location is concerned. Name, access and timely exposure... what type of access and the reasoning in that was that large of an access necessary to maneuver the vehicle being used? If Victoria was either kept for a period of time or for that matter moved to DS's aunts property and then disposed of at this particular location would it be necessary to incorporate a large transport vehicle under the auspice of a rest stop at a public picnic area? This is particularly pertinent if the CNP murders are to be linked with the addition of an accomplice. And the reasoning for Vacant, if for some reason LE is linking the murders and they want it to appear as if they're not. JMO

I vaguely remember a study that was done roughly 7-10 years ago about missing/murdered First Nation women, but I can't find the report. Searches repeatedly bring up more recent requests for another study. My understanding is that there are several reasons that First Nation women are victimized, some of which are high risk lifestyle, and community/family violence. In a country like Canada, which is a mosaic of global nationalities and races, it's difficult to believe that murderers specifically seek out First Nation (race Asian; link) women. There are so many women of other nationalities that could easily be confused - in terms of physical characteristics - as First Nation, and there are so many First Nation women who are only 1/8 North American Indian; who do not have physical characteristics that easily communicate race. How can it be said that a murderer can easily identify and specifically target First Nation women when they are not, in my opinion, an easily identifiable group? There has to be another reason that the ratio of First Nation women who are murdered/missing is 2.5 times higher than women of all other race and nationality.

What I'm wondering at this time is not whether First Nation women are specifically targeted (which doesn't really make sense), but whether the response to a missing/murdered First Nation woman is handled differently by investigators. Too often, police reports are made too late, if at all - as we saw with the murder of Victoria Crowshoe. Victoria was not reported missing. Instead, two days after her body was found and more than two weeks after she was last seen, the family provided her name to police. That unintentionally, and incorrectly, communicates that family and friends don't really care enough about the person to notice that something is wrong.

Do police look at her murder as most likely committed by someone she knew - perhaps a result of alcohol abuse and high risk lifestyle, or do they take a broader perspective and question whether a serial murderer is at work targeting vulnerable women? If the latter, that requires the belief that more First Nation women, than non-First Nation women, have a lifestyle that makes them more vulnerable (like the pig farmer who targeted prostitutes because they were vulnerable and not likely to be noticed missing for some time).

I think the Canadian government has recognized that the problem is a social/societal problem, and that change must begin from within the First Nation community. Many programs and studies have been financed (billions of dollars) by the Canadian government to create change from within. I can understand the government's position in stating that another study will not produce a different result. That is, another study will most likely produce the same result: that the problems start in the First Nation Community and the solution has to start in the First Nation community.

Getting back to the topic of the murder of Victoria Crowshoe, if her murder was committed by someone from the First Nation community, it will probably remain unsolved for a long time. Another known factor is that First Nation communities do not trust police, so when one of their community is murdered, no one wants to provide information. If Victoria was murdered by a random murderer, then I would hope that those who were last with her have provided a full accounting of where she was, who she was with, and that they are able to look past their distrust of police to ensure that a serial murderer is not allowed to continue victimizing vulnerable women.

It's because Native American women could not bring charges against a whit man. The same laws didn't apply. Let me dig up that article.

Ok, this is Diane Mullich's story. She's a dear friend of mine.

[video=youtube;ahE6D4MjX1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahE6D4MjX1g[/video]

[video=youtube;Lj0DbIp4oXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj0DbIp4oXQ&index=12&list=PLF5tHGTKAOkStXtq_roehLDWcL9gkSIXL[/video]

Good luck getting justice Victoria - seems you are a political football to some.

Looks like another metis/First Nations/aboriginal woman has been murdered. Police were called to the residence in the past, and she was found murdered within 24 hours of having a party with 8-12 people at her home. She has two children, but they were not home at the time.

"The victim has been identified by family as Christa Cachene, 26, of Calgary and police say she was found by a friend who was supposed to meet up with her on Sunday."

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/woman-found-dead-in-ranchlands-home-identified-by-family-1.2607841

There is a suspect in the brutal beating murder of Christa Cachene. An 18 year old aboriginal man is sought ...

"Police believe Isaiah Riel Rider of Calgary, who is wanted on unrelated warrants, was one of approximately 8 people who attended the Saturday night party ...

We know that members of the Aboriginal community attended the party at Christa’s on Sunday night and we urge you to come forward and speak with the police,” said Christa's mother Nancy. “Please come forward if you have information about my girl’s murder,” said Leslie."

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/ranchland...beaten-photo-of-wanted-man-released-1.2609769

This supports the government position that the higher murder/missing rate of aboriginal women, as compared to non-aboriginals, is a problem that stems from within the aboriginal community; where the healing needs to start within that community. A national inquiry - spending billions of taxpayer dollars - would most likely again conclude that the problem needs to be solved from within the aboriginal community. Past efforts to do so have resulted in the aboriginal distrust of non-aboriginals, and with the accompanying insistence that all funding to make change from within be managed by aboriginals. Another known issue with the murder of aboriginal women is that the aboriginal community, on the basis of not trusting police, are not forthcoming with crucial information that is necessary to solve the murder.

How can the murder of a 26 year old single mom (aboriginal) by an 18 year old man (aboriginal) in a Canadian city be prevented? Is this also what happened to Victoria Crowshoe? Do we know how she was murdered?

Arrest of suspect in Christa Cachene murder!

That's a step in the right direction. The 8 aboriginal partygoers (some described as uncooperative) gave information to police, police identified a suspect immediately and, although the murder occurred on Oct 11, the suspect was only arrested today. Clearly someone protected him; most likely in the aboriginal community, for the last 2.5 weeks. That is a common issue with the murder of aboriginal women. Thankfully this murder got the attention it needed, in part due to the parents making a plea through the media, and perhaps in part because the murder occurred in a relatively established, safe, neighbourhood; albeit in subsidized housing.

"Police have located a man wanted in connection to the death of Christa Cachene at a northwest home on the Thanksgiving long weekend.

A Canada-wide warrant was issued for Riel Rider, 18, for second-degree murder in Cachene’s death as well as unrelated warrants for assault and breach of a conditional order."

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/man-in-custody-in-connection-to-ranchlands-homicide-1.2625212

What is needed now is for the family of Victoria Crowshoe to go to Lethbridge and make a public plea through TV news for information leading to the arrest of the person(s) who murdered Victoria. Chances are that some of the people who saw her last don't even realize that they saw her last - and that they may well know who she was with when they parted ways. There are two possibilities: the parties that were last with her are protecting someone (as with the suspect in Christa Cachene's murder), or they simply don't realize they were the second or third last person to see her.

Either way, a plea from the family, as a united group (daughters, siblings, friends), might go a long way to encouraging those from the aboriginal community to come forward with any information they have; no matter how insignificant it seems. Someone knows something about the last person Victoria was with before she vanished. I think that a media update with the family, where the facts are introduced by police, should be filmed in Lethbridge, distributed across Southern AB and BC, and to all cities in AB.

There is excellent news for the First Nation in Canada. The election of Prime Minister in waiting: Justin Trudeau, signifies that within weeks (at most months), there will be a national inquiry into missing and murdered First Nation girls and women. I'm pretty sure that the First Nation community will be expected to cooperate with the inquiry; something that some view as having been absent in previous inquiries.

It is a topic that should be closely watched by taxpayers to ensure that the pattern of giving millions of dollars to First Nation special interest groups, to spend without accounting, is not repeated. It was only last year that the Conservative government required that all reserves disclose earnings, income, and, as a result, state of affairs of the reserve. In some cases, the chief and other executives had very comfortable salaries while the community did not have a school (questionable allocation of federal government funding). Just an opinion ... another perspective on the historic question of why, statistically, there is a higher rate of aboriginal females per capita in Canada who are missing/murdered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back