Found Deceased Canada - Yvon Lacasse, 71, Lachute, QC, 14 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The pain and suffering this man has caused is unbearable. And for what?

We have several children that are now motherless and one who has lost both his mother and father.

We have a family that has been expecting the worst and it appears that the horrible truth is about to be realized.

And we have M. Lacasse who, through no fault of his own, has most likely lost his life at the hands of a mad man.

So many lives impacted.

MOO

Thinking about the little one who witnessed so much and who's not going home :(

Rest in peace monsieur Lacasse... I'm so sorry for what was done to you. Prayers for the Lacasse family. :(

:rose:

Awww, M. Lacasse :( Plus triste. Deveste pour la loss du Famille Lacasse et ils amis.

Ugo Fredette is ready to be discharged from hospital, his lawyer says
“He’s the one who called me, so that’s why I can tell you that he’s able to express himself,” Pierre Gauthier said in a telephone interview.

Upon Ugo Fredette’s release from the hospital, it is expected that the 41-year-old will be transferred to Quebec and questioned by the Sûreté du Québec in connection with the murder of Yvon Lacasse, a 71-year-old man who disappeared last week and whose body was found Wednesday. Police had been waiting for the coroner to confirm the identification of the body, which happened Thursday afternoon, according to Sureté du Québec Sergeant Claude Denis. Autopsy results are yet to come.

“We’re still waiting for the permission of (Fredette’s) doctors” so that he can be discharged and brought back to Quebec, Denis said, adding that police are still searching for a bearded man in his 40s shown in the computerized sketch made public a few days ago, who was seen with Fredette and his son in the area of Rouyn-Noranda. Anyone with information is urged to call 911.

more at link: http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...o-be-discharged-from-hospital-his-lawyer-says

Ugo Fredette, who was arrested last week in connection with an Amber Alert case, has been transferred to a hospital in Saint-Eustache, where he is expected to be questioned by investigators.
The alert ended when Fredette was arrested last Friday in Dacre, Ont., and the boy was found safe. Fredette had been driving the Honda CR-V of Lachute resident Yvon Lacasse, whose body was found near Mont-Tremblant Wednesday.
"Members of the OPP continue to assist the Sûreté du Quebec with their investigation," OPP Sgt. Carolle Dionne said in a news release announcing Fredette was transferred into SQ custody.

She added that a "parallel investigation is ongoing into any criminal offences that occurred in the province of Ontario" in the case.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/fredette-transfer-to-quebec-1.4302346

From link using google translate.

The 41-year-old woman died on September 14 in her residence in Saint-Eustache, in the Laurentians. His (I think mean her, French words are pretty much male or female and they used the male) spouse Ugo Fredette is suspected and must appear on Monday to answer a charge of unpremeditated murder.
After a 24 hour run, Fredette was arrested in Ontario. He was later transferred to Quebec and has been at the Saint-Jérôme detention center since Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ugo-fredette-court-appearance-1.4305242
[h=1]Ugo Fredette makes brief initial court appearance in Saint-Jérôme[/h]
[h=3]After spending nearly a week in hospital, man charged in connection with partner's death appeared[/h] CBC News Posted: Sep 25, 2017
With his face down, staring intently at the ground, Ugo Fredette made his first court appearance today in Saint-Jérôme, Que.

The 41-year-old man, accused of second-degree murder in the death of his partner Véronique Barbe, had been in hospital in Ottawa after a suicide attempt.

Fredette was transferred to a hospital in Saint-Eustache over the weekend and is now being held at the detention centre in Saint-Jérôme. He has special protection at the jail to stop him from hurting himself and protect him from other inmates, said his lawyer Pierre M. Gauthier.

Fredette arrived at the courthouse around 11 a.m., wearing a white T-shirt. He had small bruises on his right arm.

As part of the proceedings, Fredette was given a list of 11 people with whom he cannot communicate. They are people who are close to the victim or who could be witnesses in the case, said Jean-Pascal Boucher, spokesperson for the Quebec's Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions.

Just saw this update. How can he not be charged with first degree on YL? He had a choice not to kill him I would think? While driving with him in the car he must have made a decision to kill him? Or did he just dump him out alive in the middle of nowhere and then he died? :waitasec:

They bumped the murder of Veronique from second to first, so possibly the same will happen in Yvon's case.

Perhaps forensic evidence is available to support the first degree charge, but maybe evidence is not so clear in Yvon's (i.e. circumstantial) so Crown proceeds with second degree in order to have a better chance at conviction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990
Back