Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with speaking Farsi, nor any other language. Its more about his potential for trouble IMO.

Homeland Security has the right to refuse anyone entry into the US, same as every other country has the right to refuse someone if they are not a citizen. IMO

I agree he had his reasons to not want to land in the US but I do not pretend to know what they are as, IMO, we don't know enough about him yet. IMO

With some luck, he'll be psych/risk assessed via the court system and maybe there will be further information. IMO

As a Canadian, I was very disturbed to see those photos of him with the PM. What was Justin thinking?? IMO

I literally never said there is anything wrong with speaking Farsi. It’s just coincidental that a Christian Canadian boy knows how to speak Farsi. It’s not exactly taught in schools the way Spanish or French is. He likely went out of his way to learn the language that his captors just so happened to speak. You seem to be taking everything I say very personally so I think I’m going to dip out of the thread for a bit.

I don't believe the RCMP was not aware of the active Ottawa Police investigation.
Did the PMO's office know about it and ignore it for the sake of a photo op?

Since JB wasnt charged until Dec 30th, it could be that the Ottawa Police didnt receive the complaint until after the photo op, just my opinion.

Regardless of the Police Charges, I am still in disbelief that with his ties to the Khadr family would have been enough for the RCMP to keep him from the visit.

Which is precisely why he didn’t board a US bound flight imo. Bc if he entered our country, no extradition is needed. Even if he had the purest intentions and was truly a victim the entire time he was in the Middle East, I am sure our government would like to chat with him regarding the things and people he heard and saw while there. Especially since he could speak Farsi [emoji849]

Does anyone know where he learnt to speak Farsi? Was it before his "vacation" or did he learn it from his "captors"? He certainly had an accent, as if English wasn't his first language during his first interview.

That being said, I’m going to look more into the FBIs terrorism lists. I don’t see why they’d list a bunch of dudes from middle eastern countries if they had no power to do anything about it.

Dont duck out yet!!! Your insight is a great resource. I would love to know if he is on any watch list, but dont have great computer skills to do it myself.

Which is precisely why he didn’t board a US bound flight imo. Bc if he entered our country, no extradition is needed. Even if he had the purest intentions and was truly a victim the entire time he was in the Middle East, I am sure our government would like to chat with him regarding the things and people he heard and saw while there. Especially since he could speak Farsi [emoji849]

Does anyone know where he learnt to speak Farsi? Was it before his "vacation" or did he learn it from his "captors"? He certainly had an accent, as if English wasn't his first language during his first interview.

Persian (as it’s known in English) is spoken as the variation Dari in Afghanistan and as Farsi mostly in Iran. I think he had picked up Persian before the “vacation”, perhaps from the Khadr clan. Persian is not a particularly difficult language to learn, unlike Chinese and Arabic. I know some Persian speakers and have dabbled in it a little bit myself. JB was able to understand enough to know where they were being taken (so he says).

https://blogs.transparent.com/urdu/difference-between-dari-and-farsi/

"The alleged crimes began a day after the family returned to Canada and lived with his parents, and continued through the end of December, when Ottawa police responded to a complaint. Reportedly, 14 of the charges involve an adult woman, while a child also is an alleged victim. Interestingly, Boyle's wife's parents were in Ottawa visiting with their daughter and grandchildren when the complaint that led to the charges was made. Boyle has had four court appearances but has yet to enter a plea as his lawyers are apparently trying to arrange an acceptable bail release. He'll be back in court Jan. 26. Is this case going to be resolved by a plea bargain?"

https://www.investigativeproject.org/7249/joshua-boyle-the-taliban-admiring-freed-hostage

I found this interesting, not sure how reliable it is, but claims CC parents were there when charges were filed. Also claims a victim is a child.

"The alleged crimes began a day after the family returned to Canada and lived with his parents, and continued through the end of December, when Ottawa police responded to a complaint. Reportedly, 14 of the charges involve an adult woman, while a child also is an alleged victim. Interestingly, Boyle's wife's parents were in Ottawa visiting with their daughter and grandchildren when the complaint that led to the charges was made. Boyle has had four court appearances but has yet to enter a plea as his lawyers are apparently trying to arrange an acceptable bail release. He'll be back in court Jan. 26. Is this case going to be resolved by a plea bargain?"

https://www.investigativeproject.org/7249/joshua-boyle-the-taliban-admiring-freed-hostage

I found this interesting, not sure how reliable it is, but claims CC parents were there when charges were filed. Also claims a victim is a child.

I'm wondering if his wife did indeed want to leave him after they arrived in Canada but he prevented her?

jmo

I'm wondering if his wife did indeed want to leave him after they arrived in Canada but he prevented her?jmo

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]IMO, I think she is standing by her man or she would have left already to go back to her parents. I dont think CC father is a huge fan of JB, and his fatherly instincts would be to get his daughter away from this loser and bring her home.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]I cant imagine what both sets of parents are going through with their adult children, let alone the love they feel for their grand kids. JB father being a judge and having these crimes by his own son done under the roof of his own house. And CC Fathers not being able to rescue his own daughter from nutcase JB, after their official "rescue"[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]This is why I dont feel much sympathy anymore for CC, she seems to have loving parents, yet I feel she is sitting in her Ottawa apartment waiting for her man. What would keep her in Canada, besides him? [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]IMO, I think she is standing by her man or she would have left already to go back to her parents. I dont think CC father is a huge fan of JB, and his fatherly instincts would be to get his daughter away from this loser and bring her home.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]I cant imagine what both sets of parents are going through with their adult children, let alone the love they feel for their grand kids. JB father being a judge and having these crimes by his own son done under the roof of his own house. And CC Fathers not being able to rescue his own daughter from nutcase JB, after their official "rescue"[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]This is why I dont feel much sympathy anymore for CC, she seems to have loving parents, yet I feel she is sitting in her Ottawa apartment waiting for her man. What would keep her in Canada, besides him? [/FONT]

The kids would keep her there. It's possible she can't leave Canada with the children because their father doesn't give consent.

jmo

Nothing wrong with speaking Farsi, nor any other language. Its more about his potential for trouble IMO.

Homeland Security has the right to refuse anyone entry into the US, same as every other country has the right to refuse someone if they are not a citizen. IMO

I agree he had his reasons to not want to land in the US but I do not pretend to know what they are as, IMO, we don't know enough about him yet. IMO

With some luck, he'll be psych/risk assessed via the court system and maybe there will be further information. IMO

As a Canadian, I was very disturbed to see those photos of him with the PM. What was Justin thinking?? IMO

BBM
I too hope part of his bail conditions is psychological assessment and/or mental health program
I was surprised to see the photos of the PM with the family, though it was Josh who posted and boasted on twitter about it.

Since JB wasnt charged until Dec 30th, it could be that the Ottawa Police didnt receive the complaint until after the photo op, just my opinion.

Regardless of the Police Charges, I am still in disbelief that with his ties to the Khadr family would have been enough for the RCMP to keep him from the visit.

He was arrested on Jan 1, 2018.
On Dec 30, 2017 JB reported to Police that someone was missing and suicidal (could this be the 911 call transcript his attorneys want? ) and from this complaint arises one of the charges of public mischief because he lied to a peace officer.
Neighbours of the apartment building said Police went knocking door to door on Dec 30 talking to the other tenants.

There is a 911 call and an interview that the defense attorneys have asked for as part of disclosure.

Though it was never reported by authorities , other than there are 2 victims and a publication ban is in place, we strongly speculated on this forum the victims were Caitlan and one of the children.
There was one msm article that stated her parents were in Ottawa visiting, I think the link was posted on this forum..
I wonder if the parents were staying with them in the apartment or in a nearby hotel and what did they see/hear/notice?

I'm wondering if his wife did indeed want to leave him after they arrived in Canada but he prevented her?

jmo

IMO
I am wondering if the unlawful confinement occurred near the end of Dec and/or while her parents were visiting.
We don't know where the parents were staying. Perhaps she wanted to leave the apartment to go visit them, alone without him around, OR perhaps she was considering going back to the US with them( even if it was for a visit )and he became angry over it.

Just speculating.

IMO
I am wondering if the unlawful confinement occurred near the end of Dec and/or while her parents were visiting.
We don't know where the parents were staying. Perhaps she wanted to leave the apartment to go visit them, alone without him around, OR perhaps she was considering going back to the US with them( even if it was for a visit )and he became angry over it.

Just speculating.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]That make sense to me. If JB is a classic abuser he would want to isolate CC from her family, especially her Father imo, as her Father seems to be no fan of JB.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

He was arrested on Jan 1, 2018.
On Dec 30, 2017 JB reported to Police that someone was missing and suicidal (could this be the 911 call transcript his attorneys want? ) and from this complaint arises one of the charges of public mischief because he lied to a peace officer.
Neighbours of the apartment building said Police went knocking door to door on Dec 30 talking to the other tenants.

There is a 911 call and an interview that the defense attorneys have asked for as part of disclosure.

IMO

Just speculating.
BBM

I could speculate that if JB was refusing to let CC leave to visit her parents at their hotel, her Dad went to get her and either he or CC was assaulted by JB. It’s possible that when her Dad got CC and kids out of there that JB’s “punishment” was to report her missing and suicidal. Just a theory.

BBM

I could speculate that if JB was refusing to let CC leave to visit her parents at their hotel, her Dad went to get her and either he or CC was assaulted by JB. It’s possible that when her Dad got CC and kids out of there that JB’s “punishment” was to report her missing and suicidal. Just a theory.

I agree with your theory.

jmo

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]That make sense to me. If JB is a classic abuser he would want to isolate CC from her family, especially her Father imo, as her Father seems to be no fan of JB.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I agree.
I support her father and what he said about it being unconscionable for JB to take his pregnant wife to a dangerous place IMO JB planned on going to Afghanistan all along.
And I hope Mr Coleman questioned JB in person, privately, over it.

BBM

I am speculating that he gave her the drug on Dec 30 as well, how else would he expect to get away with the report that she was not only missing but suicidal unless there was some kind of evidence that she took something.
Once located she may have told the officers she did not willingly take that drug and had no desire to commit suicide.

speculation.

I am speculating that he gave her the drug on Dec 30 as well, how else would he expect to get away with the report that she was not only missing but suicidal unless there was some kind of evidence that she took something.
Once located she may have told the officers she did not willingly take that drug and had no desire to commit suicide.

speculation.

That makes sense about the drug.

Assuming that one of the victims is his own child, what future do they have together? I cant see Children's Aid allowing a perpetrator living under the same roof with a child victim.

And if he manages to get off on the charges, the future for CC and the children will be to parade them in front of any media, book or movie deal. He seems to relish the attention, but this cant be good for the children's well being.

A trial could be a year or 2 away. I see the only out for CC right now, is going back home to her parents if she is not there already.

If she is somewhat "dim" and easy influenced, with JB incarcerated, I am hoping her Father is trying his best to get her out of this situation ASAP and somehow give those children a shot at a normal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member