Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial resumes today, I won't be able to follow the trial or check on updates until late in the evening for the next 2 days
Thanks to all those who can post updates.
I also cannot keep up with coverage at the moment and will rely on WSers - thanks in advance for anything you can share about trial developments!

Marking my spot.
Thanks to everyone who posted and for the court updates.
My .02 is that I'd like to see mom and children safe from him ! Who knows what poison he might have instilled in them ("it's ok to hurt mom if she doesn't obey me...etc.") ; but they're still young yet.

Absolutely I believe he might have killed her ; if she was no longer 'obeying' him and wanted freedom to follow a different religion-- or no religion at all. That would be fine !
But not to 'Mr. Dictator'.

Marking my spot.
Thanks to everyone who posted and for the court updates.
My .02 is that I'd like to see mom and children safe from him ! Who knows what poison he might have instilled in them ("it's ok to hurt mom if she doesn't obey me...etc.") ; but they're still young yet.

Absolutely I believe he might have killed her ; if she was no longer 'obeying' him and wanted freedom to follow a different religion-- or no religion at all. That would be fine !
But not to 'Mr. Dictator'.
It's speculation, but I think he wouldn't kill her but continue berating, assaulting, degrading, using her for as long as he could. I think he got off on that power and on her pain/humiliation - that's what he wanted from the start, imopinion, and that is what he planned to continue back in Canada. I think his desire was to keep her alive in torture, not to kill her.

Of course, this is my arm-chair speculation only.

And I'm very glad she escaped. I am hopeful that after the trial, he will lose any rights and contact with the children.

jmo

edited to add a sentence.

If he doesn't go to prison (his dad is a judge), imo, he'll begin seeking underage women. Caitlan was 16 when he began to manipulate her.

One, dated Dec. 6, 2017, simply read: “Skellington forums.”
Asked what that meant, Coleman said that “for a large portion of captivity and since being released,” Boyle had made it clear to her he “was not happy with me as his wife … and my duty as his wife was to find (other) women for him.”
Skellington was a cartoon character in a Tim Burton movie called “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” and she said, the two-word order from Boyle meant that she should seek out those fan forums, mostly populated by “teenage girls… He wanted me to go on these forums and seek out women for him.”
She didn’t do it, she said, but she certainly knew what it meant.
Christie Blatchford: Boyle said it was ‘my duty as his wife to find women for him,’ Caitlan Coleman testifies

He really needs prison time!

If he doesn't go to prison (his dad is a judge), imo, he'll begin seeking underage women. Caitlan was 16 when he began to manipulate her.

One, dated Dec. 6, 2017, simply read: “Skellington forums.”
Asked what that meant, Coleman said that “for a large portion of captivity and since being released,” Boyle had made it clear to her he “was not happy with me as his wife … and my duty as his wife was to find (other) women for him.”
Skellington was a cartoon character in a Tim Burton movie called “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” and she said, the two-word order from Boyle meant that she should seek out those fan forums, mostly populated by “teenage girls… He wanted me to go on these forums and seek out women for him.”
She didn’t do it, she said, but she certainly knew what it meant.
Christie Blatchford: Boyle said it was ‘my duty as his wife to find women for him,’ Caitlan Coleman testifies

He really needs prison time!
I didn't think I would be further shocked by this case....but I was wrong.

He was determined to be cruel to her in any way he could think of.

jmo

Coleman testified that on 30 December 2017, Boyle said she could only leave the apartment’s bedroom with his permission. The demand brought back memories of the most “horrifying parts” of their captivity in Afghanistan, when she says Boyle banished her to a shower stall, she alleged.
Coleman said she planned to run to a neighbour’s apartment upstairs and use their phone to call her mother, who was staying at a nearby hotel.
Boyle followed closely behind, Coleman told the court. “In a very low voice that was threatening – just above a whisper – he said: ‘When they answer the door, you tell them you were drunk – and you come back in here.’”
US woman kidnapped in Afghanistan tells court how she escaped ex-husband

This is nightmarish!

Trial: Caitlan Coleman recounts violence on night of Joshua Boyle’s arrest
Trial: Caitlan Coleman recounts violence on night of Joshua Boyle’s arrest

On the night of Dec. 30, 2017, Coleman told court Monday, Boyle was “highly agitated” after a visit from her mother, Lynda Coleman.
“He started talking about how, now that my mother was gone, I was going to have to stay in the bedroom. I was so bad, I couldn’t be around the family anymore.”
Coleman said Boyle told her she would not be allowed to leave the bedroom during the day, even to see the children.
“I started to panic,” Coleman told court. “This was exactly the pattern that had happened three or four times during our last year of captivity.”

BDSM ‘tool kit’ that Boyle used with Coleman, entered as exhibit.
2019-04-01-15-07.jpg

Christie Blatchford: Boyle lawyer’s cross-examination reveals the two faces of Caitlan Coleman
Christie Blatchford: Boyle lawyer’s cross-examination reveals the two faces of Caitlan Coleman

“Because of the trauma I’ve been through,” Coleman said, “this (line of questioning) is very triggering. I’m feeling a little attacked by your approach.”
Ontario Court Judge Peter Doody obligingly asked Coleman if she’d like a short break, and indeed she did.
For the record, Greenspon’s “approach” was to politely take Coleman through some of the postings she’d made, as “Connemara Jedi Knight,” on the Star Wars fan forum where she and her estranged husband, Joshua Boyle, met as teenagers years ago.

..the great disconnect Greenspon may have just begun to exploit — that this bright, very articulate woman, with her loud speaking voice and imposing presence became the frightened, almost erased, presence she says she was."

Slowly, slowly women are realizing they are equals. It seems hard to imagine that women’s movement was in the sixties but we still are fighting the battles.

Hard to imagine that the Violence Against Women Act in the US has not been renewed. At least Canada has had w woman PM so they may be more liberal about women

Caitlan's posts she made as a cosplayer on a Star Wars forum are evidence she's violent? smh

Can this Canadian judge end this crap show and throw Josh in jail?
I don't understand the approach. The defense plans to show that as a teen and into her adult years she was seemingly dramatic, had a temper, lashed out physically on occasion....therefore, he's not guilty of abusing her? Is that what's going on?

jmo

16 year old me was significantly different than 33 year old me.
Plus, let's say a 30 year old still acts like a brat (not saying she did, but let's say she did for argument's sake)....it is still NOT okay to abuse, threaten, and restrain that person!

Or, is the defense going to make a case she is lying? He never hit, threatened, sexually abused, or retrained her?

Or, is the defense going to say she liked it?!

Very strange case.

jmo

Not only is Joshua Boyle a domestic abuser, he may be a pedophile, IMO. He wanted Caitlan to bring teenage girls to him for sex (the Skellington forum demand). Where's the outrage?

Why isn't he being prosecuted for trying to force Caitlan to bring him young girls for sex?

Not only is Joshua Boyle a domestic abuser, he may be a pedophile, IMO. He wanted Caitlan to bring teenage girls to him for sex (the Skellington forum demand). Where's the outrage?

Why isn't he being prosecuted for trying to force Caitlan to bring him young girls for sex?

BBM

Maybe he will be prosecuted. My guess is that they don't have evidence at this point other than her word, but perhaps they will be able to investigate and get enough evidence to charge him.

I'm not sure telling Caitlan to look for young girls would be a crime? IDK. Actually pursuing them would be, but do we know it went that far?

jmo

BBM

Maybe he will be prosecuted. My guess is that they don't have evidence at this point other than her word, but perhaps they will be able to investigate and get enough evidence to charge him.

I'm not sure telling Caitlan to look for young girls would be a crime? IDK. Actually pursuing them would be, but do we know it went that far?

jmo
If he is freed, I sure hope they keep an eye on him. He will do something else in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel