Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, she was raped and held captive for 5 years, and now basically raped and held captive in Canada by her creepy husband (IMO). I hope her US family rescues her.

Anyone know if the children are US citizens, Canadian or both?

I’m thinking that the anecdotes of violence in captivity, especially against his wife and child, were perpetrated by JB.

This whole case smells of the pathology where a liar weaves makes up incidents using details that actually happened, maybe even at another time, another place. And.....they never stop talking. They pile fiction on fiction, minutiae on minutiae. Juan Martinez of Jodi Arias trial fame, called this “florid lying.”

Its their country and they get to make the laws. No country is perfect.
I know Canadian courts seriously restrict information releases and what access the press can have, so we may not learn much about these charges. But this is all very interesting. If the wife is the victim here, it really makes me reconsider the entire 5 year abduction.
BBM

Wow! What a twist that would be! A 5 year voluntary sojourn in Afghanistan/Pakistan. I’ve forgotten..Was there ever any demand from the Taliban/Haqqani Network other than the videos (which could have been faked). Or do we just have the Boyle’s word for the hostage situation. It was interesting that the rape was denied.

Hey there Elainera. No cameras. Publication Bans. Trial by tweet.

Uh too bad. While I usually understand that victims as well as the accused deserve some privacy when their life is scrutinized in court in this case I would really really like to know what exactly happened.

Adding to my thoughts.....

Supposing these anecdotes are reframing things that JB actually did and not any captors.

-the beheading game
-the rape
-the abortion
-Beating of son for being too loud
-burying food (perhaps by his wife so she could escape)
-giving birth by flashlight (lol how else do you give birth when there’s no electricity?)

No doubt there are others...

I half think the captors might have kicked him out for abusing his wife and kids. It’s so easy with our stereotypes to think of violents clans as having 100% abominable and alien values. That would be a bad assumption. Their captors may well have had their own set of scruples, and may well have felt that gratuitous violence against a woman and children was simply not on.....

Also, on incorporating factual details to create lies.... JB has his bases covered if one of his children remembers an incident and tells someone. JB can just say he got some parts right and misremembered. Same with anything his wife reports: “she’s so traumatized, she misremembered”.

Incidents I’m thinking belong in this category...
Her smashed jaw
Execution game
Almost anything that has the kids in it....

This is all speculation on my part....

Who says her husband didn't hold her hostage for five years, contiuned the behavior when he returned and was finally reported.
This makes their sexual relations, "starting their family" - while being held by the Taliban, make a lot more sense! I have always had a big problem with that!

All those clothes she wears...the layers and layers....

How about considering them in a whole different way..... E.g.

-She feels safer wearing all those clothes because she’s an assault victim
-She has been in conservative muslim areas for so long, western women seem like naked hussies, even in jeans. “All those tight clothes, the visible body parts, the clingy tops...” I have experienced this very thing on returning from abroad.
-She has visible assault marks
-it’s hard to have clothing right next to her skin, and that gauzy fabric doesn’t irritate
-it makes her feel protected from all those prying people out there who seem to want to see everything.

JB is clearly off the rails, even long before he married CC. I can imagine she has done whatever she needs to do to survive during “captivity”, whether it’s lie on video or lie once she’s home. She may not feel safe until he is locked away. And there’s always the Stockholm Syndrome mixed in perhaps.

He reminds me of a cult leader. They think they are entitled. Like David Koresh.

It would not surprise me that he felt entitled to have more women. He was stuck with his wife for years. The drug may have been used to knock someone out to rape them.

That crazy statement he made—something along the lines of “we were the best hostages ever”—makes the idea that he invented a hostage situation very credible. IIRC the hostages par excellence tagline is on their FB page or somewhere. JB decided to hang out with a stan clan for kicks and turned his family into a hostage story? You could write a book about this....

It’s LMAO how little the clan wanted as ransom! They probably couldn’t tolerate how he was treating his wife and kids, his playacting at being a hostage, how he was calling unwanted attention to their location by being so white....

Maybe the reason they were moving around so much and JB keeps wanting to override his wife’s sense of where they were is that he was moving them around, not that captors were moving them around. Heck! I’ve even thought they might have been in the same location the whole time. How would you know where you were unless you can see landscape?

I wonder if it was not as well, Her comments about him are too kind if the charges were about her, It takes a long time for victims of being held by someone to free themselves of the abuser.

It would take time for her to be away from him and I can’t see her giving up on him yet.
Yes, I apsolutely agree

I’m thinking that the anecdotes of violence in captivity, especially against his wife and child, were perpetrated by JB.

This whole case smells of the pathology where a liar weaves makes up incidents using details that actually happened, maybe even at another time, another place. And.....they never stop talking. They pile fiction on fiction, minutiae on minutiae. Juan Martinez of Jodi Arias trial fame, called this “florid lying.”
These children need to be removed from both of them, unfortunately, until both their psyche has been worked out.

His mom was expected at the hearing but was not present. So far at least 3 attorneys have already been involved.
I wonder who is representing Caitlin and family. I was glad to read that her parents are there as well (I can’t recall which msm mentioned that).

No word if she has an attorney or not.
The 3 attorneys that have represented JB are all from the same law firm..Lawrence Greenspon's firm
Not surprised Greenspon is representing JB, he seems to pop up when it's a high profile case.

That crazy statement he made—something along the lines of “we were the best hostages ever”—makes the idea that he invented a hostage situation very credible. IIRC the hostages par excellence tagline is on their FB page or somewhere. JB decided to hang out with a stan clan for kicks and turned his family into a hostage story? You could write a book about this....

It’s LMAO how little the clan wanted as ransom! They probably couldn’t tolerate how he was treating his wife and kids, his playacting at being a hostage, how he was calling unwanted attention to their location by being so white....

Maybe the reason they were moving around so much and JB keeps wanting to override his wife’s sense of where they were is that he was moving them around, not that captors were moving them around. Heck! I’ve even thought they might have been in the same location the whole time. How would you know where you were unless you can see landscape?
Lol, reminds me of The Ransom of Red Chief
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ransom_of_Red_Chief

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No I think they were really abducted, if not I'm sure the Haqqani would have denied this.

What I think is, JB actually liked his wife being locked up and completely under his control. Endless time to play mind games and manipulate her, and later the children, to behave and say and do whatever he wanted. When they arrived in Canada the situation was not under his control anymore, suddenly there were lots of other people who spoke and interacted with his family and that scared him. So he tried to get back to his comfort zone by renting this apartment and then probably locking her up and abusing her.

Edit: sorry this was in response to RikshawFan's posts above. Forgot to quote.

Adding to my thoughts.....

Supposing these anecdotes are reframing things that JB actually did and not any captors.

-the beheading game
-the rape
-the abortion
-Beating of son for being too loud
-burying food (perhaps by his wife so she could escape)
-giving birth by flashlight (lol how else do you give birth when there’s no electricity?)

No doubt there are others...

I half think the captors might have kicked him out for abusing his wife and kids. It’s so easy with our stereotypes to think of violents clans as having 100% abominable and alien values. That would be a bad assumption. Their captors may well have had their own set of scruples, and may well have felt that gratuitous violence against a woman and children was simply not on.....

Also, on incorporating factual details to create lies.... JB has his bases covered if one of his children remembers an incident and tells someone. JB can just say he got some parts right and misremembered. Same with anything his wife reports: “she’s so traumatized, she misremembered”.

Incidents I’m thinking belong in this category...
Her smashed jaw
Execution game
Almost anything that has the kids in it....

This is all speculation on my part....
Wow, agree!

Maybe the Trudeau/government agreed to this meeting in the hopes that Boyle would divulge more details of what happened in Afghanistan when face to face with high ranking politicians?

I would like to think so...but unfortunately I don't IMO it was a photo op for the Prime Minister

The man is seriously nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members