Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this article he was looking for a book/movie deal. Hope that falls though now.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/06/the-p...mer-taliban-hostage-charged-with-sex-assault/

Something I don’t recall hearing before...

They [Caitlan’s parents] seemed amazed that after the family was rescued, Boyle refused to allow American doctors to examine his children or board an American military airplane, demanding to be flown to Canada on a commercial airline instead.

Is this true? I’d be interested to know when, exactly, the children were examined by a doctor.

Another thing that’s always bothered me...who tells their family they are in an “unsafe” area? That’s cruel. Normally adult children try to minimize a family’s worry and only tell them after the fact about danger they encountered. This smacks of pre-planning to me.

In October 2012, Boyle and his heavily pregnant wife embarked on a backpacking trip through Ghazni province, one of the most dangerous places in Afghanistan and the stronghold of the Haqqani network, a radical Jihadist group tied to both al Qaeda and the Taliban.

On Oct. 8, they sent their families a message telling them they were in an “unsafe” area of Afghanistan, and then disappeared.

As they arrived in Ghazni, the Taliban had closed dozens of schools and were targeting teachers for death.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/06/the-p...mer-taliban-hostage-charged-with-sex-assault/

I may be the only one who hasn’t gone back and read this thread from the beginning when they first disappeared, but I just did and it’s fascinating to read the very insightful posts about JB. The thread veered off into politics, but there is lots to glean from articles and even posts by those who knew JB, including the full blog post by the guy JB persuaded to go to Afghanistan. Some posts are rather prophetic, actually.
JMO

They [Caitlan’s parents] seemed amazed that after the family was rescued, Boyle refused to allow American doctors to examine his children or board an American military airplane, demanding to be flown to Canada on a commercial airline instead.

Is this true? I’d be interested to know when, exactly, the children were examined by a doctor.

Another thing that’s always bothered me...who tells their family they are in an “unsafe” area? That’s cruel. Normally adult children try to minimize a family’s worry and only tell them after the fact about danger they encountered. This smacks of pre-planning to me.

In October 2012, Boyle and his heavily pregnant wife embarked on a backpacking trip through Ghazni province, one of the most dangerous places in Afghanistan and the stronghold of the Haqqani network, a radical Jihadist group tied to both al Qaeda and the Taliban.

On Oct. 8, they sent their families a message telling them they were in an “unsafe” area of Afghanistan, and then disappeared.

As they arrived in Ghazni, the Taliban had closed dozens of schools and were targeting teachers for death.

This little man wants to call all the shots! Such a control freak!

shortened by me

Boyle added that his daughter was so sick that she had to be force fed by their Pakistani rescuers.
http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-freed-couple-20171014-story.html

Josh's Islamic religiosity was far more important than his infant daughter being treated by elite (well-trained) US Army or Navy physicians. :mad: He is clearly a danger to the health of his family.

Long, interesting piece focused on Caitlan, written during captivity by an acquaintance reporter from her town:

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/10/22/caitlan-coleman-taliban-joshua-boyle/#1QRectYi6lExPxGe.99/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So Caitlan has a liver condition that requires regular medical treatment. Yet not only was she was able to survive living in those terrible conditions, but she was able to give birth to three children, all without medical care. Aren’t liver problems more common during pregnancy? Meaning wouldn’t her existing liver condition be exacerbated by pregnancy, especially since she presumably had no prenatal care or vitamins? I just can’t understand how she gave birth three times in their supposed living conditions, with no medical care. Thank god josh was able to deliver one of the babies in the dark with a flashlight in his mouth [emoji849] major /s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to wonder what doctors might have discovered if allowed to examine the children ? Bruises ? Healing injuries ? :(

So Caitlan has a liver condition that requires regular medical treatment. Yet not only was she was able to survive living in those terrible conditions, but she was able to give birth to three children, all without medical care. Aren’t liver problems more common during pregnancy? Meaning wouldn’t her existing liver condition be exacerbated by pregnancy, especially since she presumably had no prenatal care or vitamins? I just can’t understand how she gave birth three times in their supposed living conditions, with no medical care. Thank god josh was able to deliver one of the babies in the dark with a flashlight in his mouth [emoji849] major /s

SABBM

Hmmm... I call BS on that.
Even IF he did... no antiseptics, place to wash, etc. Major chance of infection or sepsis.
:moo:

I agree, I think they staged the whole situation. And they had to find a way out before the children could speak and rat the parents out.
I feel for their children And ONLY for their children. When she starts speaking out, that might change. Who does this??

I feel for their children And ONLY for their children. When she starts speaking out, that might change. Who does this??

Agree. No one asks to be brought into this world. Those poor kids are possibly damaged because of the selfish act of their parents.

FWIW, CC was pregnant when she agreed to go to Afghanistan. That’s a very, very poor decision IMO. I’m trying to be as polite as possible. It’s one thing to risk your own life, it’s another to risk the life of your child. Don’t get me started on them having more children in captivity. It takes two to tango, unless it was rape. Which could be the case, and she just is brainwashed. Idk. She didn’t have to go to Afghanistan.

I think "maybe" the only sane ones could be the grandparents in the US. Hopefully they can get her back home and help with the grand kids.

One thing I'm not sure anyone has mentioned, but it struck me right away. In the hostage photos, JB and the kids have both newly had their hair cut. It is neat and not hacked off. In other words, it is styled. His is even styled in a Taliban style. They also seem to be fairly clean. This is not from living in a dark hole.

In most of Afghanistan, there's no electricity, I would guess. Most women would be giving birth by flashlight. Actually, a flashlight might be a luxury, since it requires working batteries, which would also be a luxury, even given the junk quality they likely were. The normal lighting for giving birth is likely to be candles, burning dung, kerosene, firelight, or nothing at all.

So, let's not feel sorry for the flashlight routine. They were being taken care of. JB probably made the whole thing up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly