CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This carseat debate is really obnoxious

It wouldn't be over in the car seat thread, though. :innocent:

Good point, but it only brings up another question. How do we know that Cooper's car seat was in the base? Obviously it would sit lower without it.

I think someone over on the car seat thread might have posed that question already? :thinking:

I am offended. It is not your right or anyone elses to decide what is relevant. Honestly this is not about the carseat. This is about how obvious it would have been to the driver in the car. By discussing the dimensions, placement, style, and demonstration we are better able to hash that out and decide for our self.

I think its far more relevant that what bathroom he took a selfie in, but you dont see me complaining.

Unfortunately we don't have a bathroom selfie thread... although we do have an RH social media thread... AND a carseat thread! :dance:

Good question right? It would sit lower and more towards the back of the seat. While some people find the car seat discussion boring or bothersome it is part of this case. A big part of this case.

It will either help or hurt the defense.

Definitely a big part of the case ... which is why it has its own thread :seeya:

In all fairness we don't have a bathroom thread, and maybe we should, but we DO have a car seat thread. I have to agree with the OP it does get very irritating to read numerous posts saying the same thing over and over and over again especially since we already went down this road several days ago which is why we have a car seat thread.
It is solved. I moved it to RH social media thread last night.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

I thought the car seat thread was just for technical type info?

It wouldn't be over in the car seat thread, though. :innocent:

I think someone over on the car seat thread might have posed that question already? :thinking:

Unfortunately we don't have a bathroom selfie thread... although we do have an RH social media thread... AND a carseat thread! :dance:

Definitely a big part of the case ... which is why it has its own thread :seeya:

Haha, love the use of humor to get your point across!

Surveillance footage showed Ross Harris sitting in the car 30 seconds before reaching behind the passenger seat to grab his computer bag.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/10245026/Seat-key-evidence-in-toddler-left-in-car-case

Wait, WHOA... how? Because of the size of the carseat and the fact that it was protruding into that console area between the front seats, that would have required some serious stretching/reaching to get to a bag behind the front passenger seat.

Has this video been released, or is it possible this is conjecture/misinterpretation of Stoddard's testimony?

Surveillance footage showed Ross Harris sitting in the car 30 seconds before reaching behind the passenger seat to grab his computer bag.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/10245026/Seat-key-evidence-in-toddler-left-in-car-case

I belive this article is mistaken. Stoddard testified at the hearing that RH reached over to retrieve his computer bag from the seat of the front passenger side of the SUV on arriving at the treehouse that morning - his exit from the vehicle was 30 seconds after parking.

He did the entire RH drive. He said something like he (RT) is a short man. He said the car seat was back several inches and that he could not see it in the rear view mirror.

That's all I can remember. I wish I knew how to grab a copy of a live video so I could re-listen.

They used a mannequin that was at the 50th percentile of kids Cooper's age.

I don't ever remember him saying that he noticed the seat, but he might have. He did put his arm up on the back of the headrest and turned to back up.

Did he film it from his viewpoint? Did he mention what he did see when he back it up? If the car seat was several inches back with a short man driving it couldn't possibly be six inches back with a tall man driving! Ugh, I wish I had seen the video already, lol!

He did the entire RH drive. He said something like he (RT) is a short man. He said the car seat was back several inches and that he could not see it in the rear view mirror.

That's all I can remember. I wish I knew how to grab a copy of a live video so I could re-listen.

They used a mannequin that was at the 50th percentile of kids Cooper's age.

I don't ever remember him saying that he noticed the seat, but he might have. He did put his arm up on the back of the headrest and turned to back up.

Wow I can't wait to see this - it sounds like you have a 180% different opinion of this reenactment than the others who saw it. So basically RT was showing that RH could be totally innocent?

Did he film it from his viewpoint? Did he mention what he did see when he back it up? If the car seat was several inches back with a short man driving it couldn't possibly be six inches back with a tall man driving! Ugh, I wish I had seen the video already, lol!
The camera was inside the car perhaps attached to the sun visor on the passenger side. That is how I describe the viewpoint. He drove from Chic Fil a to the Treehouse and backed the car up as if he was parking it but that space was taken.

No, I wish he would have filmed it from his view with like a helmet cam. He definitely made the point that it would have been closer if the seat was moved back for a taller person. I think it goes without saying that you would see him when turning around and backing up (unless that big hood thing is on. RHs only hope as far as that goes is that he uses his mirrors to back up. Hopefully his method can be seen on video of him driving/parking.

I don't recall saying anything about relevance. As for obnoxious, that's just my opinion.

It will be less obnoxious on the dedicated car seat thread.

He is smaller than RH and he stated so. His seat was up closer and he said the carseat was just inches from his elbow. He said when he turned to park, change lanes, make a u-turn and get the pc from the floor he could see the child/seat but he didn't notice it in the rear view mirror. jmo

Even if he (RH) couldn't see the seat... what does that mean?

I'm still not able to get past the fact that he claims to have forgotten his child was with him in the car within less than TWO MINUTES of putting him in the car and driving off. How is that possible??

Unless, and this is a HUGE unless, RH had an ongoing history of some sort of mental disease or defect that caused ongoing, noticeable memory problems, I am just not buying it. Everything else, every shred of evidence against him, is just more nails in the coffin. IMO.

ubuta7y3.jpg

ydaqysym.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper