CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he (RH) couldn't see the seat... what does that mean?

I'm still not able to get past the fact that he claims to have forgotten his child was with him in the car within less than TWO MINUTES of putting him in the car and driving off. How is that possible??

Unless, and this is a HUGE unless, RH had an ongoing history of some sort of mental disease or defect that caused ongoing, noticeable memory problems, I am just not buying it. Everything else, every shred of evidence against him, is just more nails in the coffin. IMO.

BBM.

Not even 2 minutes. He "forgot" Cooper in 30-40 seconds when he chose to go to work instead of to daycare. He chose that.

Yeah and he did it at chic fil a..........because that was where his "goodbye" was. Indicates premeditation, but not solidly although I don't think premeditation necessarily will have to be proved. JMO

No, if you kiss your kids every time you strap them into their car seat- if this is a habit like, say, a goodnight kiss- then this does not indicate premeditation. Not by any stretch of the legal system.

Premeditation would be seen in planning (i.e. internet searches, alibis) and staging events (i.e. possibly returning to car to see if CH was still alive, etc.).

It is depraved to leave your child to cook to death in a hot car.

It is absurd for anyone to state that it is even a remote possibility that he did not see Cooper in the car that morning, before shutting the door and going to work. And again when he opened the door at lunch, and yet AGAIN when he drove with the smell of death for 3 minutes to the parking lot.

Absolutely absurd.

The reenactment is in no way some erroneous sensationalized lie. I don't even care what position RH's seat was in. Reclining or not reclining. The inside of that car is very small, the car seat was protruding and practically in his lap and he could see it through his rearview mirror, clearly. AND he backed up and then pulled straight forward into his space. He is a large guy, that car seat and the top of Cooper's head was RIGHT THERE, in his face when he turned, when he reached for his briefcase, when he backed up to pull into his parking spot, when he looked in his rearview, and when he got out of the car and shut the door.

So yes, I do believe that proves that there is no way on earth RH could not see his son in that car, while he parked, and when he got out, will prove that he left them there purposely, to die a cruel, tortuous and painful death. And that will prove depravity. :moo: Bigtime.
tell it like it is Spice. I like your style.
:yeahthat:

Surveillance footage showed Ross Harris sitting in the car 30 seconds before reaching behind the passenger seat to grab his computer bag.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/10245026/Seat-key-evidence-in-toddler-left-in-car-case

I'm thinking that this site is one which doesn't get the facts straight. There is not a mention of an author except at the bottom three initials. Is this a blogging news site? One which isn't considered msm by WS? lol, then again, even hln folks and msm get it wrong...but I'm also thinking that this is an Aussie site that doesn't have one on one information that is new...just a rehash that is stated incorrectly by looking at msm. :moo:

According to LE, RH put Cooper in his car seat and tightened the straps really tight. If this is fact there is no way that child fell asleep or fell silent because of the discomfort. MOO

No, if you kiss your kids every time you strap them into their car seat- if this is a habit like, say, a goodnight kiss- then this does not indicate premeditation. Not by any stretch of the legal system.

Premeditation would be seen in planning (i.e. internet searches, alibis) and staging events (i.e. possibly returning to car to see if CH was still alive, etc.).

Agree somewhat - kissing your kids every time you strap them into their car seat as habit or ritual is not beyond the understanding of any one of us, I would think.

The difference HERE, in this case, is that RH made a huge point of telling Stoddard how tight he strapped CH in (because he's such a protective father) and that he & Cooper always kissed "just in case" they were in a car "accident."

As Stoddard is simply asking RH to relay the events of the day, RH makes it a point to go over all of this and his thinking and his reasoning and to point out how wonderful he is as a father.

It's a tell -- which CAN raise flags and make a detective wonder about premeditation.

JMO

Name calling and name variations are NOT allowed. This includes the use of emoticons.

I know Fran put a warning in the threads last night and several posts were removed. Please stop with the name calling.

Salem

Have to agree. To have accuracy you have to use the same seat and have it installed the exact same way.

LE did an reenactment with the Hyundai in the parking lot at The Treehouse on Wednesday, and they used Coopers car seat.

Also NG and the Randy Travis video have the headrest down, while you can see that they are up all the way at the crime scene, and that would make it easier to see when you turn to the right, and you'd see Cooper. Who should of been full of pep after a special breakfast with dear dad.

I did see that the Hyundai was parked over by the storage building, so that helped me picture where it was.

Here's the thing - even if you could believe that he really forgot Cooper in the car and it didn't occur to him all day that his son was still in the car, even when he opened the door and tossed lightbulbs in - for sure he would have noticed him when he got in his car to leave work and presumably put his computer bag back in the passenger seat.

Here's the thing - even if you could believe that he really forgot Cooper in the car and it didn't occur to him all day that his son was still in the car, even when he opened the door and tossed lightbulbs in - for sure he would have noticed him when he got in his car to leave work and presumably put his computer bag back in the passenger seat.

Would you agree that in order to make that assumption you need to be able to decide how obvious the car seat was? Because a lot of people dont seem to understand that it is pertinent.

Would you agree that in order to make that assumption you need to be able to decide how obvious the car seat was? Because a lot of people dont seem to understand that it is pertinent.

I think by the time the light bulbs were tossed into the car, there would have been some type of odor. How he missed the car seat is beyond me.

Yes, it would depend on the position of the car seat and how clearly it would have been in his view

He drove straight out, because he backed in.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

I thought it was established (after much discussion) that he nosed in. I don't want to rehash it but I will try to find links from previous threads. There was some confusion and it took a while to clear up.

For now here is the transcript:
UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: When he parked how did he park? Did he pull straight into his space or something else?

STODDARD: When he pulls from the parking lot he pulls past the space. After he pulls past the space he goes into reverse and he backs up and when he backs up he backs up in between two cars that were parked in the row behind him and then he pulls forward into the parking space.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

This move is shown in this video:
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26000089/i-team-hot-car-seat#.U8CxeI1UP1U.twitter

Randy Travis simulates with the same Suv, carseat and path of travel.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26000089/i-team-hot-car-seat

Thanks for posting the link - and I really hate to :deadhorse:

but Randy Travis at the .26 -.27 mark states it's not the same suv - they did not use a 2011, but a 2013 with same interior dimensions. At this point it really is not going to make a bit of difference in opinions, but really - if they are going to accurately recreate the situation, it should have been the same make and model car seat, same make/model/year suv, the person driving near same height and weight (bonus if exact, lol), might as well claim the same for the child mannequin while I'm at it. That too should be the same as Cooper's height/weight. This way it leaves no room for fault with their findings.

I think they should get the guys from Mythbusters. Those guys really do a detailed job, and are fun to watch :loveyou:

Anyways, I'm going to go bury that horse of mine - hopefully it's not like a cat and has nine lives. :drumroll:

my opinion etc., :moo:

I thought it was established (after much discussion) that he nosed in. I don't want to rehash it but I will try to find links from previous threads. There was some confusion and it took a while to clear up.

For now here is the transcript:
UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: When he parked how did he park? Did he pull straight into his space or something else?

STODDARD: When he pulls from the parking lot he pulls past the space. After he pulls past the space he goes into reverse and he backs up and when he backs up he backs up in between two cars that were parked in the row behind him and then he pulls forward into the parking space.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

This move is shown in this video:
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26000089/i-team-hot-car-seat#.U8CxeI1UP1U.twitter

He still could have pulled out, going forward, if that spot was empty.

Just saw this on my Twitter feed; apologies if posted in last thread already. Fox News did their own re-enactment video (using same make/model of car AND carseat) including drive to work:

I just posted a response to this video in the Car Seat Thread - I will not side track from this thread :blushing:
except to say :blushing:
that they used a 2013 suv and not 2011. It's at the 26 or 27 second mark in video.

I would link my post here - but unsure how to do that from another thread.

my opinion etc. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member