Car Seat in 98 Pontiac POLL ADDED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Are the 3 car seats in post 88 the same?

• 1 and 2 are the same

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 1 and 3 are the same

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • 2 and 3 are the same

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • All 3 are different

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • All 3 are the same

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Not enough detail to say for sure

Votes: 31 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But, they never asked. If Cindy was doing a switch-a-roo, she would not have voluntarily supplied this information.

Truly. This is the same woman who cackled that she should have given LE the dog's toothbrush and surrendered the "half-truth" hairbrush of Caylee and KC.

Dimensions of the chair itself ....(ignore the black pad;))
C1.jpg

C3.jpg

Angle nor scale should account for this much difference in the 2, IMO.

That's why I drew the line of reference differently in each pic from eye to side of chair to accomodate for the different angles of the pics. Not with 100% angle accuracy, but very close I think. I used the slant of the Eddie Bauer logo in each pic for the same slant on my reference lines. The pics are also in different scale.

The logos would be in the same position on each chair if both pads are pulled up to the top. Yes.

Respectfully, I just don't see it. I understand what you did with the photos and what you're saying, they just still look like the same pad and car seat IMO.

That's one of the great thing about WS, we can agree to disagree. :)

Respectfully, I just don't see it. I understand what you did with the photos and what you're saying, they just still look like the same pad and car seat IMO.

That's one of the great thing about WS, we can agree to disagree. :)
Oh, I agree! The post wasn't for you specifically... I am just banging away at every angle I can think of to size the two up. For me and for anyone who has doubts about the 2 being the same. I see the two as different, others may not.. no problem. ;)

C1.jpg

C3.jpg

Besides being a different camera, lighting, and angle, the lens is a different focal length.

The combination of a different angle and a different length lens can make a big difference.

The orange circle is only on the outside of the seat and the inside where the circle is it is black. Pic one does not show the outside of the seat, therefore you do not see the orange. It does not mean it isn't there.

The picture/link you provided the carseat is at the same angle as Caylee's carseat. If caylee's carseat had that big bright orange circle on it, we would be able to see it, just like in the picture you provided. I have to say 2 different carseats.

http://www.likemyprices.com/product_info.php/products_id/4919907?osCsid=fcc2596a7593414972cfb807d3314be7

I'll grant you that on the infant picture...but how do you explain the difference between pic # 1 and OCSO's pic #3?

I'd say pic #1 was a seat cover and pic #3 shows it was removed. Look at the difference in the height of the black insert on the backrest. Completely different.
Pic #1 looks more plush while pic #3 looks like the bare bone seat or different cover.

Lizzysf,

You are absolutely correct...two different car seats. Same manufacturer(eddie bauer) but definitely two different models. jmo

The carseats are the same, IMO (which doesn't mean a cover wasn't replaced at any point in time. The things are removable and replaceable).

The reason the black pad is lower in the 2nd pic is because what holds it "up" is the harness straps when tightened around a child. Without the child in the seat, the pad would "slip down" to touch the bottom of the inner carseat seat (its natural position at the lowest harness setting).

In the comparison of the 2 different pictures I think perspective - foreshortening - is at fault. The first has the seat positioned more head-on towards the viewer, and the second is at a much different side-angle. This makes it look like points don't line up when they in fact do IRL.

Another angle:
product_thumb.php

Here's a video with the seat type in question http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rg.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&start=240&um=1

/not a carseat tech, but faithfully haunting carseat.org since 2003.

The pad of the seat you have pictured is not removeable, therefore, it will not slip down if a child is in or out of it. The carseat you have pictured is the Eddie Bauer Deluxe Convetible seat for a child 22-40 pounds, 34-43 inches in height and over 1 year in age.
So where is Caylee's first carseat?

C1.jpg

C3.jpg

I would surmise that the top photo is a new carseat to accomodate Caylee's increase in size. The bottom photo was Caylee's first carseat that held her as an infant and up to a certain size. JMO. There are 2 carseats.

do you guys want me to add a poll? they look just the same to me. But the differences in models of one manufacturer can be subtle. I don't think we have enough info to be able to tell for sure.

do you guys want me to add a poll? they look just the same to me. But the differences in models of one manufacturer can be subtle. I don't think we have enough info to be able to tell for sure.

That would be great!

IMHO they are definitely two different seats based on the fact that the straps of the harness in #1 are black, the same as the TRIM around the chest strap pad and in #3 the straps are light gray--the same color as the CENTER of the chest strap pad

The picture/link you provided the carseat is at the same angle as Caylee's carseat. If caylee's carseat had that big bright orange circle on it, we would be able to see it, just like in the picture you provided. I have to say 2 different carseats.

http://www.likemyprices.com/product_info.php/products_id/4919907?osCsid=fcc2596a7593414972cfb807d3314be7

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't see how you can say the pics are from the same angle. They are not.

Pic#1 is taken from what looks like the front passenger seat-perhaps leaning in toward the middle of the front seat. It's basically from almost directly in front of Caylee and the car seat. It's from quite close also and Caylee's legs look a bit out of proportion (larger) due to the angle.

Pic#3 is taken from the angle of the back driver's side door. Either through the open window, or the door is open and the camera person is standing there. This angle looks down more on the car seat from a standing position whereas, by contrast, in pic #1, the camera person is much closer to Caylee's eye level (due to being inside the car and therefore in a sitting position)

Also they are taken with lenses of different focal lengths-which will alter the angle and perspective of a picture even if it's taken from the same physical location, angle, and distance from the subject.

I'm basing this on my experience as a photographer. I've been an avid amateur photographer for 23 years. I also do some professional work, mostly portraits but also some weddings, anniversary parties, birthdays, etc.

IMHO they are definitely two different seats based on the fact that the straps of the harness in #1 are black, the same as the TRIM around the chest strap pad and in #3 the straps are light gray--the same color as the CENTER of the chest strap pad

Unless it is flipped backwards there.. we don't know what the inside part is colored like...

But why would they reverse the color pattern of the trim and center of the strap on the inside? Makes no sense. You would think the color patterning would be the same on both sides for ease of manufacturing...why take the time/effort to switch it when you dont even see the inside surface? Color coded this way for front and back?

I would surmise that the top photo is a new carseat to accomodate Caylee's increase in size. The bottom photo was Caylee's first carseat that held her as an infant and up to a certain size. JMO. There are 2 carseats.

The 3rd pic is also a booster seat and would not be a first car seat. Her first car seat would have likely been a bucket type infant car seat with a handle to carry it.

I noticed on pic #3 also that on the black pad which appears to be faded grey because of the lighting...the two spots where the straps come out of the back pad a a very nice black, not grey. Why are they black? Is this normally a plastic area?
The plastic arms showing black seems normal because of the reflection.
There are also two rows of blacker piping around the inside and perimeter of the pad in seat #3.

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't see how you can say the pics are from the same angle. They are not.

Pic#1 is taken from what looks like the front passenger seat-perhaps leaning in toward the middle of the front seat. It's basically from almost directly in front of Caylee and the car seat. It's from quite close also and Caylee's legs look a bit out of proportion (larger) due to the angle.

Pic#3 is taken from the angle of the back driver's side door. Either through the open window, or the door is open and the camera person is standing there. This angle looks down more on the car seat from a standing position whereas, by contrast, in pic #1, the camera person is much closer to Caylee's eye level (due to being inside the car and therefore in a sitting position)

Also they are taken with lenses of different focal lengths-which will alter the angle and perspective of a picture even if it's taken from the same physical location, angle, and distance from the subject.

I'm basing this on my experience as a photographer. I've been an avid amateur photographer for 23 years. I also do some professional work, mostly portraits but also some weddings, anniversary parties, birthdays, etc.

I respect your opinion as a photographer. It is 2 different car seats. The carseat Caylee is sitting in the cushion thing is not removeable and see the black center, behind Caylee's head that goes over the back of the carseat, this is the part that attaches to the car itself. This carseat is meant to hold a biggger, heavier child. If you look at the 2nd picture, this carseat does not have this feature. I would guess at one time this carseat had the infant head holder, but has since been removed, as this was a feature on this carseat. This was Caylee's first carseat as it is not as Deluxe as the one she is pictured in. JMO.

Caylee is looking at the camera it appears..to whomever is in the DRIVERS seat taking it, not the passenger seat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12
Back