Car Seat in 98 Pontiac POLL ADDED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Are the 3 car seats in post 88 the same?

• 1 and 2 are the same

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 1 and 3 are the same

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • 2 and 3 are the same

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • All 3 are different

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • All 3 are the same

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Not enough detail to say for sure

Votes: 31 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That black insert is actually what I was referring to when I said one is higher than the other... I think it is adjustable and can be moved up and down. That's one of the reasons I believe they are the same carseat.

I theorize these are two different carseats from the very fact alone the big orange circle on the side is not visible in one, although it is obvious in one picture the round thing is black. It's just not that hard to figure out. JMO.

That is my opinion as well. 2 different car seats altogether.

I theorize these are two different carseats from the very fact alone the big orange circle on the side is not visible in one, although it is obvious in one picture the round thing is black. It's just not that hard to figure out. JMO.

The orange circle is only on the outside of the seat and the inside where the circle is it is black. Pic one does not show the outside of the seat, therefore you do not see the orange. It does not mean it isn't there.

I consulted with some car seat gurus at a car seat board and they all were in agreement that the 3 seats are one and the same but the lighting in pic #3 makes it look a different color. The arm rest in seat #2 is down and it is up in the other 2 pictures (it folds up and goes underneath the cover). They said it is the Eddie Bauer Deluxe Booster in Astor. Here is one I found in a different color. click the pic for an enlarged photo.
http://www.likemyprices.com/product...19907?osCsid=fcc2596a7593414972cfb807d3314be7

I consulted with some car seat gurus at a car seat board and they all were in agreement that the 3 seats are one and the same but the lighting in pic #3 makes it look a different color. The arm rest in seat #2 is down and it is up in the other 2 pictures (it folds up and goes underneath the cover). They said it is the Eddie Bauer Deluxe Booster in Astor. Here is one I found in a different color. click the pic for an enlarged photo.
http://www.likemyprices.com/product...19907?osCsid=fcc2596a7593414972cfb807d3314be7
I agree that the lighting is very different, and also the scale. But the sides are very different, IMO.

What if KC had a carseat (#1 or #3) and CA kept a carseat in her car (#2) for convenience? If so, which carseat has been admitted as evidence? CA's or KC's? Now I want to see the remaining carseat that is supposedly in the attic. (My apologies if this has been previously discussed.)

What if KC had a carseat (#1 or #3) and CA kept a carseat in her car (#2) for convenience? If so, which carseat has been admitted as evidence? CA's or KC's? Now I want to see the remaining carseat that is supposedly in the attic. (My apologies if this has been previously discussed.)
A grey and black carseat has been admitted as evidence - it is the pic #3 posted earlier. CA said in her depo that hers is in the attic and it is a different color (I think she said it was brown and tan).

Maybe they purchased a third car seat when GA returned home so he could transport the baby when necessary. I'd think he was doing a lot of the daytime babysitting while CA was at work. I don't think they'd leave him out of the equation, especially if he had to take her to the doctor's. Perhaps he and KC had the same model and color and CA's was different, and they used the "extra" one to switch out covers, etc.

Maybe they purchased a third car seat when GA returned home so he could transport the baby when necessary. I'd think he was doing a lot of the daytime babysitting while CA was at work. I don't think they'd leave him out of the equation, especially if he had to take her to the doctor's. Perhaps he and KC had the same model and color and CA's was different, and they used the "extra" one to switch out covers, etc.
Could be, although Cindy never mentioned in her depo that George had one. FWIW, lol.

Could be, although Cindy never mentioned in her depo that George had one. FWIW, lol.

Well, that right there is a "red flag"! These people have had a year to corroborate things, and if the car seat situation happened the day they picked up the Pontiac, and they knew it would be evidence from the get-go; I'm sure that car seat was up in the attic before LE even returned for the car. Probably by the time those pants hit the dryer.

Well, that right there is a "red flag"! These people have had a year to corroborate things, and if the car seat situation happened the day they picked up the Pontiac, and they knew it would be evidence from the get-go; I'm sure that car seat was up in the attic before LE even returned for the car. Probably by the time those pants hit the dryer.

Coverup already started!

I wonder how much attention the towyard manager paid to the carseat? Wonder if he could identify it as the one in evidence?

But, they never asked. If Cindy was doing a switch-a-roo, she would not have voluntarily supplied this information.

Even though nothing yet (including the pics) has proven that switch occurred, I believe it did occur. The depo with Cindy convinces me it has and that LE knows too. Too many red flags in the depo regarding it.
And if in fact the doll was switched too.. it is for the same reason. Both had evidence that an event occured in the carseat. Cindy's crying during those specific questions helps confirm it to me as well.

Pic #1
caylee202620doll-4.jpg

Pic#3
08_09-2-1.jpg

If you believe that chair #3 is reclined, if you sat it upright she would sit even higher in the chair, lengthening the distance even more...which you can see in upright pic #1, is not the case. (or she would stay the same, but definetely not sit lower in the upright position) So even if the black pad in pic #3 is just slid down, raising it to the top does not cause the chairs to then match.
If chair #1 is already reclined like #3, or both are upright, the distances still are still different.
The Eddie Bauer logo's alone, both pads pulled up equally with logos in the same place on both chairs, shows a difference in distance to the red dot reference point.

So this is either an entirely different chair, a different pad, or a different chair base (grey part).
Again..sorry for my Paint skills :(

JMO but I believe it's the same car seat in both pictures, #1 and #3.

In th evidence photo, the insert/liner/pad whatever it's called, is in a different position. They probably took it apart to examine it and then put it back in a little off kilter or haphazardly. It's the same pad/insert. It's just not in the position it would be in during use by a child. JMO.

JMO but I believe it's the same car seat in both pictures, #1 and #3.

In th evidence photo, the insert/liner/pad whatever it's called, is in a different position. They probably took it apart to examine it and then put it back in a little off kilter or haphazardly. It's the same pad/insert. It's just not in the position it would be in during use by a child. JMO.
That's why in pic #3, I raised the pad like in pic #1.

That's why in pic #3, I raised the pad like in pic #1.

When I try to imagine/visualize the pad pulled up, the logo is at the same height in both pics. As for the distance from the logo to the dot you note as being different, to me, it isn't enough of a difference for me to believe it's a different pad or seat. The photos show different angles/points of view of the car seat and I think that probably accounts for that IMO small difference.

[Thanks btw for combining the photos for us so we can try to compare them :) ]

The carseats are the same, IMO (which doesn't mean a cover wasn't replaced at any point in time. The things are removable and replaceable).

The reason the black pad is lower in the 2nd pic is because what holds it "up" is the harness straps when tightened around a child. Without the child in the seat, the pad would "slip down" to touch the bottom of the inner carseat seat (its natural position at the lowest harness setting).

In the comparison of the 2 different pictures I think perspective - foreshortening - is at fault. The first has the seat positioned more head-on towards the viewer, and the second is at a much different side-angle. This makes it look like points don't line up when they in fact do IRL.

Another angle:
product_thumb.php

Here's a video with the seat type in question http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rg.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&start=240&um=1

/not a carseat tech, but faithfully haunting carseat.org since 2003.

When I try to imagine/visualize the pad pulled up, the logo is at the same height in both pics. As for the distance from the logo to the dot you note as being different, to me, it isn't enough of a difference for me to believe it's a different pad or seat. The photos show different angles/points of view of the car seat and I think that probably accounts for that IMO small difference.

[Thanks btw for combining the photos for us so we can try to compare them :) ]
That's why I drew the line of reference differently in each pic from eye to side of chair to accomodate for the different angles of the pics. Not with 100% angle accuracy, but very close I think. I used the slant of the Eddie Bauer logo in each pic for the same slant on my reference lines. The pics are also in different scale.

The logos would be in the same position on each chair if both pads are pulled up to the top. Yes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonHutson
Back