Car Seat in 98 Pontiac POLL ADDED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Are the 3 car seats in post 88 the same?

• 1 and 2 are the same

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 1 and 3 are the same

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • 2 and 3 are the same

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • All 3 are different

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • All 3 are the same

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Not enough detail to say for sure

Votes: 31 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm leaning to the theory that the pic #3 (exhibit) is showing CA carseat. CA & KC had the same kind and brand carseats. CA probably had not been using hers lately...so CA's carseat had not beem moved to the highest level where KCs was on pic 1 showing Caylee.
So CA switched her carseat for KC's. CA did not notice to switch the height of the seat belt straps...and she placed KC's in the attic do to the smell...she didn't think it would be noticed.

Why would the carseat found in the car have the seat belt straps LOWER than the pics of Caylee in it had them set at? no reasonable explanation for this :waitasec:

I'm leaning to the theory that the pic #3 (exhibit) is showing CA carseat. CA & KC had the same kind and brand carseats. CA probably had not been using hers lately...so CA's carseat had not beem moved to the highest level where KCs was on pic 1 showing Caylee.
So CA switched her carseat for KC's. CA did not notice to switch the height of the seat belt straps...and she placed KC's in the attic do to the smell...she didn't think it would be noticed.

Why would the carseat found in the car have the seat belt straps LOWER than the pics of Caylee in it had them set at? no reasonable explanation for this :waitasec:
I agree that CA forgot to adjust the belt straps in pic #3....caylee could not have been strapped in properly in this carseat pictured. But CA did take caylee to Mt. Dora on June 15th,so I'm thinking that the carseat CA had, would be properly adjusted. Maybe this carseat was an extra that GA would use if needed? Probably not very often and maybe the reason for the belt straps not being adjusted.

I do believe that LE knows this was not caylee's regular carseat, maybe having proof of purchases by CA and maybe statements by ppl who were in casey's car and can describe the carseat?

These carseats are clearly not the same. Makes me wonder why some protesteth too much. JMO
Because there are different points of view on it. There are others that literally see it differently.

IMHO they are definitely two different seats based on the fact that the straps of the harness in #1 are black, the same as the TRIM around the chest strap pad and in #3 the straps are light gray--the same color as the CENTER of the chest strap pad
I just looked at a messenger bag I have with a shoulder strap..it also has that pad on the strap like the carseat strap.. The outside of the that pad is black trimmed, with a grey/green center...but the opposite side is black trimmed with white comfort padding. That strap may just be flipped over in the pic and could be a different color than the front.

added:
But actually, if you look at the 2 pics..it appears to be the same side.. that center area would be the same in both if you match it to the seat cover in both pics respectively.

Thank You for your post. Casey likes to give clues to Lee with their code talk. Cindy we are finding out likes to plant new tidbits of info she plans to manipulate into a defense tactic. It's become a regular occurence and a lot of us on here do not trust anything Cindy offers as the truth.

Your theory above would fit perfectly if LE found out those new seat covers for the Pontiac were in use, but Cindy is saying they never were put on, and she is now saying they were missing from the trunk. Very good sleuthing, woe.be.gone. We know Cindy usually throws these things into the story for a reason.

Wish we could figure out if the crime happened in the car.

And Why?

page 68 line 10

cindy-I have my car seat yes.
Q-ok, can you describe it?
cindy-it's an eddie bauer car seat
Q- color?
cindy-brown and tan. We put it away a few months ago--
Q ok
cindy- in the attic.
Q-and what kind of car seat did casey have for caylee?
cindy I'm not sure what the name of hers was. I know it was black and white, but I don't know what the make of it was. She picked it out. She bought it.
Q- ok. Did you always keep your car seat in yoru vehicle?
cindy- Uh-huh.
Q-What kind fo car did you have?
cindy- i have a 4runner
Q- Toyota 4 runner?
cindy uh-huh.
Q-okay. And do you have knowledge as to whether or not casey kept the car seat that she purchased in the vehicle she used?
cindy-Right, And she would use it in her car and then jesse would use it if he--if she--if he was watching caylee at his house, or she would take his truck to work and he'd use her car.

Bolded by me...
Whatever may have happened in the car... Cindy is, once again, trying to tie Jesse to it. :furious:

This car seat is "convertible" because it goes from using a harness sytem to restrain the smaller child to a seat which uses the car's own seat belt sytem, i.e. a booster seat, for the older child. It is not the type that can be used as a rear facing infant seat.
I have the same car seat for my granddaughter. It is the brown version. Lighting can change the look of the colors. The pad moves up as the straps are raised. It's hard to tell from the pics if it is the same seat but what is obvious to me is the fact that the last pic shows the pad in a lower position than it should have been for Caylee's size. The slots that the straps go through should be at the child's shoulder level. In pic 3, they are very low and do not even have the straps running through them as they should have. The straps remain in the slots, this isn't something that changes while using the seat. The straps should be visible in pic #3 and the slots they run through should be much higher than is shown.

I voted not enough detail but I will say this much.

In seat 3, the straps are too far down for a 2 year old. They seem to be in the same position as seat 2 when she was a baby.

The cover in 3 looks to be much lighter than in the other 2. Of course, this could be a lighting issue.

I thought that the seat in KC's car was black and white. I don't see any black and white seats in these pictures. Where did I get the idea that it was black and white checks as far as the pattern for the seat cover went? I have no idea but that is what I thought.

If I was LE, I would pull CA's car seat just in case and I would find out if GA and LA had car seats as well and get them too.

I will try to make sense here, prolly wont succeed.

If CA did change out the carseat would her finger prints be on key places to install it in the car (as in the last person to do so) and maybe the same thing with mama doll?

I brought this over from Caylee's doll "mama" thread

I will try to make sense here, prolly wont succeed.

If CA did change out the carseat would her finger prints be on key places to install it in the car (as in the last person to do so) and maybe the same thing with mama doll?

I brought this over from Caylee's doll "mama" thread
Cindy noted in her depo that she lifted the carseat, so her prints would be expected on it -although maybe not in the areas you mentioned. She also said she moved mama doll and wiped the face, so again, fingerprints to be expected.

Well, unless she was wearing gloves.

This car seat is "convertible" because it goes from using a harness sytem to restrain the smaller child to a seat which uses the car's own seat belt sytem, i.e. a booster seat, for the older child. It is not the type that can be used as a rear facing infant seat.
I have the same car seat for my granddaughter. It is the brown version. Lighting can change the look of the colors. The pad moves up as the straps are raised. It's hard to tell from the pics if it is the same seat but what is obvious to me is the fact that the last pic shows the pad in a lower position than it should have been for Caylee's size. The slots that the straps go through should be at the child's shoulder level. In pic 3, they are very low and do not even have the straps running through them as they should have. The straps remain in the slots, this isn't something that changes while using the seat. The straps should be visible in pic #3 and the slots they run through should be much higher than is shown.
Do you have to re-adjust the straps everytime you use it? I mean does the pad have a tendency to slide down when not in use? Or is it a firmly fixed adjustment each time you reposition the back pad/straps?

Thanks--it's been too long since I had a little one in a car seat for me to remember this on my own. :)

I think, then, that all 3 pics in the post mentioned in the survey are all the same seat. However, if the convertible insert was placed too low for Caylee when the car was picked up from the A. house, that means to me that CA probably took out the insert and washed it (or at least wiped it down with something), then returned it to the car.

caylee202620doll.jpg

cayleeride.jpg

08_09.jpg

Just bumping the pics up.

2u7y3aq.jpg

6gwnr7.jpg

I hope I made what I am trying to show clear enough... I'm new at using this illustration feature. I believe these are the same two seats....

1. Little black handle can be seen clearly in #1 and just barely in #3.
2. Dark grey/black colored piece sewn into the lighter grey can be seen in both pics.
3. Black plastic piece is the same on both seats.

I believe any differences in the appearances of these two seats (#1 and #3) are due to the fact that these two pics are both taken from different angles... and the color difference is due to two different cameras taking the pics on two different days and at two different times of day.

I recently took pictures of my hardwood floor with one camera and more pics another day on a different camera... the same floor looked like two completely different floors.

Just some food for thought.

I think all three pictures are the same seat. Different lighting, different time of day, and different angles affect the look and colors. In pic 2 it looks like they were using a head positioner when Caylee was younger.

Unless it's a completely different seat, according to the manual it is indeed a 3 in 1 seat - rearfacing, then forward facing with the same harness, then as a booster/seat belt positioner. I posted the manual and had previously posted a picture of the seat. If it IS a totally different seat then let's try to identify it so I can find that manual? If I'm wrong, I do want to know! :D

I think all three pictures are the same seat. Different lighting, different time of day, and different angles affect the look and colors. In pic 2 it looks like they were using a head positioner when Caylee was younger.

I agree. If you look at the same two items, placed the same distance apart, the distance will look different as your perspective(angle) changes. I'm an artist, hope that made sense. Also when I lightened the top picture in photoshop the seats looked the same color. Color can look different in different rooms even at the same time of day. Ever picked out a paint sample in the paint store, get it home and it looks like a totally different color?

I don't think #2 is the same as #1 and #3..... the sides come up much higher (nothing to do with size of child in seat) than they do on the other two, which I believe are the same seat.... Plus #2 is missing the side dark grey/black insert (see my illustrated item #2 in both seats at post #236) that is in both pic #1 and pic #3.

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55
Back