Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
livery cab driver claims to be eye witness (Saying Lea got in his cab alone with a large heavy suitcase) - But wasn't there an eyewitness report awhile back (sure someone here linked it) that a witness said they saw Chenille enter a Livery Cab with some men and a woman???

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/25/family-of-brooklyn-murder-victim-demands-answers/

Yes, there was an earlier report that the victim was seen getting in a cab with people, (either standing around when she got in, or got in with her.) I'm not sure which. I have to search for the link. Probably in the cab thread.

ETA: Yes there are links in the cab thread at posts #57 #58 and #62

Yes, there was an earlier report that the victim was seen getting in a cab with people, (either standing around when she got in, or got in with her.) I'm not sure which. I have to search for the link. Probably in the cab thread.

Those are 2 separate incidents. One, where CLB was seen entering a "livery" with a group of people. The other was a livery driver coming forward, first to his boss, then LE was notified of the possibility the driver may have helped LC in transporting a suitcase with CLB contained within. The latter driver mentioned that LC was a regular passenger of his or at least the livery company for a year.

Horrible to think for that driver. As a driver myself, I am very cognizant of who & where I'm driving people. I always record on a trip sheet all calls, from & to as required by law. I even have my trip sheets from various years stored in a binder should any questions arise. If something appears peculiar, I ask questions. If someone gives me an uneasy feeling, I confront them.

Just the other night I had a very abusive, drunken man get aggressive with me & had to call 911. That straightened out his behind rather quickly. I've had some very strange encounters & one of the most recent was when a man told me a detailed story of LE being at Gardiners Park where a body was found. This park is in Brightwaters on LI. The first chance I had, when I got a fare to the ferry, on the way back checked out the park. Nothing!! Left me wondering where he got such details.

Just might get a dash cam as suggested by many of my passengers to capture the hilarious, the strange & the serious!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/accused-killer-li-mom-denied-bail-article-1.1878757

What I found VERY interesting was in the comment section, somebody named Mickey Mouse said "Not the first landlord to ever do this." :thinking:

ETA: Mickey Mouse later commented, "Just another ruthless landlord."

Okay, I know I'm in pretty deep, but wasn't Mickey Mouse the name that the cell used to call Melissa's sister showed as the caller? Curiouser and curiouser.

Okay, I know I'm in pretty deep, but wasn't Mickey Mouse the name that the cell used to call Melissa's sister showed as the caller? Curiouser and curiouser.

Yes it was and yes it is curious. Probably nothing but still, curious.
:thinking: Now I'm wondering. Who was Micky Mouse referring to? Anybody know of a similar case of landlord/murder/dismemberment of tenet in NY?

Thanks for that Justiceforever......... Is it just me but doesn't it seem strange we have conflicting witness statements. Joyce Miles who lives across the street from the building said she last saw Chenille Saturday walking with a group of men and women on the street outside. She said they were arguing before they piled into a livery cab. Now a Cabbie that Lea was considered one of his "regulars" was alone getting into his cab with a large suitcase...... I have no doubt Lea was involved but I smell a larger conspiracy going on here - and more than a few people too scared to come forward with the truth.

Thanks for that Justiceforever......... Is it just me but doesn't it seem strange we have conflicting witness statements. Joyce Miles who lives across the street from the building said she last saw Chenille Saturday walking with a group of men and women on the street outside. She said they were arguing before they piled into a livery cab. Now a Cabbie that Lea was considered one of his "regulars" was alone getting into his cab with a large suitcase...... I have no doubt Lea was involved but I smell a larger conspiracy going on here - and more than a few people too scared to come forward with the truth.

I noticed the conflicting witness statements too. I think you're right. People know more and must be, (I would be) terrified to come forward. There could still be accomplices still out there. I don't doubt for a minute that this woman has killed before! I hope they are continuing to investigate her for other murders! She showed no emotion in her mugshot whatsoever! True sociopath (IMO)

I noticed the conflicting witness statements too. I think you're right. People know more and must be, (I would be) terrified to come forward. There could still be accomplices still out there. I don't doubt for a minute that this woman has killed before! I hope they are continuing to investigate her for other murders! She showed no emotion in her mugshot whatsoever! True sociopath (IMO)

In my post #642, I noted that these were 2 separate incidents, one where CLB was seen getting in a livery car with a group, two where Leah was identified by a driver as being his regular fare. I don't see anything conflicting.

As for having killed before, I wouldn't be surprised. Real estate fraud by stealing deeds in whatever manner is criminal especially if the deed holder died, deed transferred after their death. That raises a red flag. Did he die at her hand or at the hand of his wife, if she's still alive. Leah will most likely rat out anyone else if involved or may falsely claim someone else being involved.

I think the worst part, in addition to CLB's tortuous death, is the fact there were people who heard "blood curdling" screams & did nothing. 911 is easy to dial & actually works for the most part.

What's that saying.....evil prevails when good men do nothing. Something like that.

In my post #642, I noted that these were 2 separate incidents, one where CLB was seen getting in a livery car with a group, two where Leah was identified by a driver as being his regular fare. I don't see anything conflicting.

As for having killed before, I wouldn't be surprised. Real estate fraud by stealing deeds in whatever manner is criminal especially if the deed holder died, deed transferred after their death. That raises a red flag. Did he die at her hand or at the hand of his wife, if she's still alive. Leah will most likely rat out anyone else if involved or may falsely claim someone else being involved.

I think the worst part, in addition to CLB's tortuous death, is the fact there were people who heard "blood curdling" screams & did nothing. 911 is easy to dial & actually works for the most part.

Were they two separate incidences? What day/date did Joyce Miles (A resident from across the road to the building) state she saw Chenille getting into the livery cab with a group of people who also happened to be arguing with each other? ..and when was the date that the cabby who came forward stating he helpt his 'regular" with her suitcase. To even imply that this woman who is married (one would assume she lived with her husband) could murder and then dismember another human being in her apartment without her significant other having no knowledge is ridiculous....of course he was in on it...and if they had been bullying other tenants...then Chenille was not the only person who knew what the go was....this is a clear case of intimidation of witnesses...hence the overkill and display of body parts to remind everyone to keep their mouths shut...just my opinion!!

Were they two separate incidences? What day/date did Joyce Miles (A resident from across the road to the building) state she saw Chenille getting into the livery cab with a group of people who also happened to be arguing with each other? ..and when was the date that the cabby who came forward stating he helpt his 'regular" with her suitcase. To even imply that this woman who is married (one would assume she lived with her husband) could murder and then dismember another human being in her apartment without her significant other having no knowledge is ridiculous....of course he was in on it...and if they had been bullying other tenants...then Chenille was not the only person who knew what the go was....this is a clear case of intimidation of witnesses...hence the overkill and display of body parts to remind everyone to keep their mouths shut...just my opinion!!

I don't know how to make it any clearer that it was 2 separate incidents. The first was when Joyce Miles, a neighbor, saw a GROUP getting in the car one being Chinelle Browne who is NOT Leah Cuevas. The neighbor could distinguish between the 2. This info was in the news before the body found was known to be CLB. This witness gave this info after reports of CLB being missing was issued. I watched the local news & clearly it was 2 separate incidents of 2 different witness accounts.
"Joyce Miles, who lives across the street from Brown's building, said she last saw ... She said the group was arguing and shouting before they piled into a livery cab."

The 2nd witness account was that of a livery driver who stated Leah Cuevas was a regular customer for the past year. He stated she called him, he picked her up, helped load a HEAVY SUITCASE into the trunk which required a HAND TRUCK & drove her to Brentwood. He was interviewed but asked his identity not be divulged. The owner of the livery company was named as was the business but NOT the driver.

Not going to be able to get much out of this Newsday article as it's behind a paywall.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...g-brooklyn-woman-in-body-parts-case-1.8775207

To even imply that this woman who is married (one would assume she lived with her husband) could murder and then dismember another human being in her apartment without her significant other having no knowledge is ridiculous.

I'm confused & reread my post but don't see where I said any such thing as to imply what you are saying here.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Actually, there were 2 separate reports of her getting into a cab. The report that she got into a cab with a group of people came AFTER the initial report that she got into a cab alone.

THIS is the report that was all over local media in the early days: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07...n-after-third-body-part-found-on-long-island/

"The lady came outside screaming at her,” said Browne’s neighbor, Michael Talbot.

“Her hair was all a mess and she put it in a ponytail. She walked back down the block, she got in a cab and nobody saw her again,” neighbor Anthony Smith added.

Detectives are trying to figure out where Browne went after she got into the livery cab and whether the human body parts found on Long Island are hers, Burrell reported.

I'm confused & reread my post but don't see where I said any such thing as to imply what you are saying here.

LISleuth.......I tend to have a very bad habit..... of actually typing things I'm thinking at that very moment - like questions in my mind around a theory and where I could look for answers... I'm quite sure that make no sense to anybody/again it's a quirk I can't explain....But sorry again...Those comments weren't a response to anything you wrote - sorry for the confusion.

Watched the PIX11 report. It was basically a recap of the bodies found along OP and a retired dectective's insistence that Jessica Taylor is related to the GB4, despite the DA's disagreement.

The only thing worth mentioning is that they reported that all three of the alleged JB victims--RT, CM, *and* SC--were prostitutes.

a retired Long Island detective disagreeing with the da? Who's this maverick?

Actually, there were 2 separate reports of her getting into a cab. The report that she got into a cab with a group of people came AFTER the initial report that she got into a cab alone.

THIS is the report that was all over local media in the early days: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07...n-after-third-body-part-found-on-long-island/

Exactly! That is a first report of CLB. Then the 2nd report about CLB.

But I was differentiating between the 2 incidents referred to by another poster: the witness who saw CLB get in a livery car & the driver whose customer was Leah Cuevas.

a retired Long Island detective disagreeing with the da? Who's this maverick?

(NOT a LI Detective but an NYPD Detective)
http://pix11.com/2014/08/05/the-hunt-for-a-li-serial-killer-revisting-the-gilgo-beach-murders/
"...At least one veteran homicide investigator who studies serial killer cases thinks Gilbert was going to be a target of the elusive, Long Island murderer.

There’s no doubt in my mind that Shannan Gilbert is linked to those other victims in Gilgo Beach,” said retired NYPD Lt. Commander, Vernon Geberth. Geberth has written multiple books, including one called “Sex Related Homicide and Death Investigations...

Referring to the torsos found in Manorville, and the intact bodies wrapped in burlap in Gilgo Beach, Geberth told PIX11 Investigates, “I do say those four bodies and those heads and hands are related to the same killer...”

You ever wonder if SG made it to OP through the streets but ran back into the brush from the OP side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx