Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joejoet,My gut says that this may be LISK. What do you think?

I don't know. I'm not too good with gut feelings. Seems like everything I think turns out wrong :). Also, since I've joined these forums I've realized that this stuff happens a lot more than I originally thought. A lot of crazy people out there. I definitely think it should be something that is considered though.

Just wanted to mention, IIRC Jessica Taylor was originally from and/or has ties to Tonawanda. And, I think her pimp (KW), also. While many years have passed between her murder and these recent killings... maybe this info is relevant, maybe not... but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

THE CASE OF ANTHONY CAPOZZI, BUFFALO, NY. How cases go terribly wrong and how prosecutors refuse to correct their mistakes.

Capozzi gets arrested for at least 2 rapes near a bicycle trail in Buffalo. One victim goes into town a few days later and sees the car the rapist used in her rape. She copies the plate and reports it to the police. The owner has an air-tight alibi. She must have been mistaken. Capozzi goes to jail and is inside for 20 years.

A series of murders start happening in the very area Capozzi allegedly did his rapes. A task force is formed. Detectives go historical and find the Capozzi case. He makes a great suspect, BUT he was in jail. Knowing something isn't right the detectives re-interview the owner. The owner tells them he loaned his car to his nephew on the date in question. Cops ask him why didn't you say that back then. The guy said, 'nobody asked me.' The cops know something is very wrong. They find the nephew and begin following him to get a chance of getting his DNA. They get it and they hook him up with the murders. There is DNA for the rapes. But the DA said it can't be found. Eventually, it was sitting in front of their faces all that time. The DA outright refuses to let Capozzi go. Detectives bring it to their local TV station and the poop hits the fan. The DA doesn't like this. The cops are investigated.

Their 'crime' is they made the DA look bad because the DA refused to do what he should have done. You will read several versions of what happened. The DA will eventually retire due to health conditions. At various times he will try to make it look like he was the hero.

THE CASE OF ANTHONY CAPOZZI, BUFFALO, NY. How cases go terribly wrong and how prosecutors refuse to correct their mistakes.

Capozzi gets arrested for at least 2 rapes near a bicycle trail in Buffalo. One victim goes into town a few days later and sees the car the rapist used in her rape. She copies the plate and reports it to the police. The owner has an air-tight alibi. She must have been mistaken. Capozzi goes to jail and is inside for 20 years.

A series of murders start happening in the very area Capozzi allegedly did his rapes. A task force is formed. Detectives go historical and find the Capozzi case. He makes a great suspect, BUT he was in jail. Knowing something isn't right the detectives re-interview the owner. The owner tells them he loaned his car to his nephew on the date in question. Cops ask him why didn't you say that back then. The guy said, 'nobody asked me.' The cops know something is very wrong. They find the nephew and begin following him to get a chance of getting his DNA. They get it and they hook him up with the murders. There is DNA for the rapes. But the DA said it can't be found. Eventually, it was sitting in front of their faces all that time. The DA outright refuses to let Capozzi go. Detectives bring it to their local TV station and the poop hits the fan. The DA doesn't like this. The cops are investigated.

Their 'crime' is they made the DA look bad because the DA refused to do what he should have done. You will read several versions of what happened. The DA will eventually retire due to health conditions. At various times he will try to make it look like he was the hero.

... and Hawk is back

Very good post. tells what happens when "Justice" is raped.

What you might read in the Innocence Project version and other versions of other reports may not nearly cover the real horrible story. The detectives that did the rape case didn't get it right. This is not my being critical of them. These sort of things happen......not to you, but the other guy. When it happens to you then that is something else, again.

The rapist comes back years later and starts killing his victims. A task force is set up. The cops pull up related cases going back forever. Hey, this looks like a good one - the rape guy. But that guy is still in prison. It could have ended there and nobody would have noticed. The new detective and his team weren't satisfied. This is what separates the good, the not so good and the great ones. Truthfully, had I been that detective I probably would have stopped right then and chalked it off to a coincidence. But he didn't and he followed it through. The DA just didn't care because he was the same DA that got the conviction on Capozzi 20 years or so earlier. The cops had to go to the media to see that justice was done.

A bit of time passes and the detectives find another wrongful conviction. The DA refuses to listen. Back to the TV people again. Another wrongfully convicted person is sent home free. The DA sees to it the detective is suspended. He gave information to the media on an ongoing investigation !!! What investigation?

Thanks hawshaw. I really appreciate your continued posts/insight here when we may not see eye to eye on some things. It's great to get another way of looking at things from the inside from someone who knows that world.

The detective was brought down to NYC Marriott hotel by the ABA and given an award for excellence. NYS Chief Judge Kaye was one of the couple of hundred lawyers to honor the detective. The judge made sure she shook his hand when he passed her table on the way back from the podium. If memory serves me right I think the detective was still under suspension. Some folks in the CJS are as thick as concrete.

I once sent a letter to Chief Judge Kaye complaining of corruption in Suffolk County and detailed why I thought this was so. She wrote me back and said she couldn't deal with my complaint as one day this situation might come before her on appeal. She advised me to contact the Grievance Board. The thrust of the complaint was about a lawyer with a conflict of interest that played a role in the frame job. The Grievance Board refused to take the case. I wrote them back and included the letter sent to me from Judge Kaye....funny, but the Chief Judge thought the complaint was appropriate.

My situation was not unique. A couple of years ago our legislators held 3 hearings about the abuses of the Grievance Board (DDC) and Comm. on Judicial Conduct (CJC) by a NYS Senator Sampson.

Senator Sampson is going on trial today in federal court on a corruption charge. No, I am not making this up.

The "Smart" serial killer myth. For sure Hollywood plays a big role in that but who else is fueling this?

Serial killers are not smart. Most of them are poorly endowed (I mean intelligence) or average at best and almost without exception they have serious mental issues, starting with schizophrenia for the least. Some of them have good communication skills. Like Ted Bundy for example. But calling them intelligent or regarding them to be "geniuses" as Hollywood depicts, can't be further from reality.

Is Jeffrey Dahmer smart?

Dahmer lures a 14 year old boy home. Drugs him and starts to drill his infamous hole to pour in acid or whatever. Then he wants to have a drink. Goes out to the liquor store. The boy wakes up, muddleheaded and butt naked walks out of the home. Two ladies spot him on the road and call the police. Two officers arrive. The boy is bleeding. Dahmer arrives at the scene and talks the police to let them go. He says "This is my boyfriend, we're doing these stuff willingly it's all consensual, he's 18" And the officers go away. Dahmer kills the boy. Two blokes don't even bother to check whether the boy is actually 18 or not.

Here's what the officers talk after they let him go, nice giggles there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYoLpY_ObNA&feature=player_detailpage#t=63
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Balcerzak

Four supposedly trained eyes left a 14 year old to the hands of his killer. Of course serial killers should be "smart", otherwise people would be outraged if they knew the details of the stories and how incompetently their safety is handled.

Now, we have a former police commissioner who says they consulted Tiffany's to recognize $19 Dollar worth junk. Yes, compared to certain people in charge serial killers are indeed geniuses.

The "Smart" serial killer myth. For sure Hollywood plays a big role in that but who else is fueling this?

Serial killers are not smart. Most of them are poorly endowed (I mean intelligence) or average at best and almost without exception they have serious mental issues, starting with schizophrenia for the least. Some of them have good communication skills. Like Ted Bundy for example. But calling them intelligent or regarding them to be "geniuses" as Hollywood depicts, can't be further from reality.

Is Jeffrey Dahmer smart?

Dahmer lures a 14 year old boy home. Drugs him and starts to drill his infamous hole to pour in acid or whatever. Then he wants to have a drink. Goes out to the liquor store. The boy wakes up, muddleheaded and butt naked walks out of the home. Two ladies spot him on the road and call the police. Two officers arrive. The boy is bleeding. Dahmer arrives at the scene and talks the police to let them go. He says "This is my boyfriend, we're doing these stuff willingly it's all consensual, he's 18" And the officers go away. Dahmer kills the boy. Two blokes don't even bother to check whether the boy is actually 18 or not.

Here's what the officers talk after they let him go, nice giggles there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYoLpY_ObNA&feature=player_detailpage#t=63
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Balcerzak

Four supposedly trained eyes left a 14 year old to the hands of his killer. Of course serial killers should be "smart", otherwise people would be outraged if they knew the details of the stories and how incompetently their safety is handled.

Now, we have a former police commissioner who says they consulted Tiffany's to recognize $19 Dollar worth junk. Yes, compared to certain people in charge serial killers are indeed geniuses.

Sounds like he was smarter than the two cops.

There was a rape/murder in Indiana or Illinois. A man was convicted of that crime and spent many years in prison. DNA came into play and the real killer was identified. The wrongfully convicted lawyers move to vacate the conviction. The State AG refused to budge. She reasoned that this didn't mean he didn't kill her. Maybe he was there and didn't spill his DNA. They she comes up with the WHOPPER of all whoppers. She said it was possible the DNA donor happened on the dead victim's body and had a post mortem sex with her. INCREDIBLE! The DNA donor spilled his sperm on the DHB.

I wrote her a letter and said she was nuts. She responds and writes that anything is possible. I wrote her back and told her to quit while she was ahead.

The criminal justice system is a national disgrace. The truth doesn't matter after you get a conviction. In some cases it NEVER matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member