Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tina Foglia was 5"2 and a beautiful brunette. It makes you wonder.
I sense that Tina was his/their first victim. There is something about Tina that affects my emotional barometer but can figure out just why that is. Nice sleuthing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I sense that Tina was his/their first victim. There is something about Tina that affects my emotional barometer but can figure out just why that is. Nice sleuthing.

I understand her arms and legs are cut off. Not her head.
It seems to me that she's a rule out to be a LISK victim.

Are you talking about Jacqueline Martarella and Kelly Morrissey? I read about them in The Ultimate Evil by Maury Terry. I thought 2 or 3 men were arrested in Kelly's case, and it was later overturned? Restivo might have been one of their last names IIRC?

Two teenage girls were murdered in Lynbrook NY in the early 1980's and a third went missing and her body was never found.The girls were strangled and their naked bodies dumped in open fields.Lynbrook is also home to a company which sells burlap and polypropylene bags and wire bags ties.Lynbrook is only about 35 minutes from Gilgo beach.Im wondering I found these killings could have been the early work of LISK.

I understand her arms and legs are cut off. Not her head.
It seems to me that she's a rule out to be a LISK victim.
Not if it was the first victim. Perhaps the perp hadn't built up enough, the for lack of a better word, 'courage'.

Not if it was the first victim. Perhaps the perp hadn't built up enough, the for lack of a better word, 'courage'.

If they are cutting hands and head for hindering identification, which it is, it starts with hands and head.

I believe something different happened in Ms. Foglia's case.

Yes , that's the case... they were cleared because DNA found on the victim was not a match for any of the men convicted.I think they retried one of the three men anyway because he had confessed, after at least 8 hours of interrogation, and he then implicated the other two defendants.The one defendant they retried was also eventually cleared.
QUOTE=jessr927;13103673]Are you talking about Jacqueline Martarella and Kelly Morrissey? I read about them in The Ultimate Evil by Maury Terry. I thought 2 or 3 men were arrested in Kelly's case, and it was later overturned? Restivo might have been one of their last names IIRC?[/QUOTE]

This is sending chills up my spine. Didn't Maury Terry believe there was a link between the Son of Sam cult and the Martarella/Fusco cases? (I had the girls mixed up - Kelly Morrissey is missing out of LI - Jacquelina Martarella and Theresa Fusco were the 2 Lynbrook murders). I have always felt there was a link between SOS cult higher ups, and LISK.

Yes , that's the case... they were cleared because DNA found on the victim was not a match for any of the men convicted.I think they retried one of the three men anyway because he had confessed, after at least 8 hours of interrogation, and he then implicated the other two defendants.The one defendant they retried was also eventually cleared.

Jess....drink deep and listen to those chills. There's a reason ur getting them.

They happened 1984 and 1985.I thought about Bittrolff too he must have killed more than the three he is charged with and he must have a history of violence but what would his link to Lynbrook be? LE has DNA from one of the 3 girls,Teresa Fusco, which was used to exonerate 3 men who were wrongly convicted of her murder and spent 18 ish years in prison. Hopefully, LE would check Bittrolffs DNA against the DNA from Teresa Fuscos case
What years were these murders? Bittrolff would have been a teenager in the early 80's. From everything I've read, his violent history began when he was very young

I have been wondering what sort of DNA evidence they obtained from Bitrolff. If semenal DNA he could get a not guilty verdict. His lawyer could claim his DNA was there b/c of sexual interaction with the women prior to their being killed. Doesn't mean he killed them necessarily.

If blood DNA of Bitrolff - now that's a different story.

Isn't Bitrolff's brother not such a great guy? Could his brother have implicated him? Not that Bitrolff is an angel himself or anything. At any rate, I do find it interesting they found Bitrolff's DNA b/c his brother's DNA was already in the system.

Also, I saw his family have connections to FL. Could be of interest in cases where prostitutes were murdered in that area of FL between the early 90's to 2013.

I have been wondering what sort of DNA evidence they obtained from Bitrolff. If semenal DNA he could get a not guilty verdict. His lawyer could claim his DNA was there b/c of sexual interaction with the women prior to their being killed. Doesn't mean he killed them necessarily.

If blood DNA of Bitrolff - now that's a different story.

Isn't Bitrolff's brother not such a great guy? Could his brother have implicated him? Not that Bitrolff is an angel himself or anything. At any rate, I do find it interesting they found Bitrolff's DNA b/c his brother's DNA was already in the system.

Also, I saw his family have connections to FL. Could be of interest in cases where prostitutes were murdered in that area of FL between the early 90's to 2013.

His brother was arrested in 2013, at which time they had a familial DNA match when they entered it. They went through bittrolff's trash on the curb and several other samples confirming it was him. I don't know what DNA evidence they have from the crime scenes. Maybe fingernail scrapings? While the semen may be circumstantial, when you pair it with the fact both victims were identically posed, both missing the same clothing items, wood chips at both scenes I think it paints a pretty clear picture to a jury. And that's just the evidence they've shared with the public.

His brother was arrested in 2013, at which time they had a familial DNA match when they entered it. They went through bittrolff's trash on the curb and several other samples confirming it was him. I don't know what DNA evidence they have from the crime scenes. Maybe fingernail scrapings? While the semen may be circumstantial, when you pair it with the fact both victims were identically posed, both missing the same clothing items, wood chips at both scenes I think it paints a pretty clear picture to a jury. And that's just the evidence they've shared with the public.

Here is what I've read about the DNA
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/murder-suspect-s-statements-admissible-at-trial

If anyone is interested I believe I found another case connected to Lattingtown Jane Doe from 2001 and potentially related to LISK
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...en-pig-pendant-Jan-13&p=13105157#post13105157
I've run across her in my research. They say the pig pendant might be representative of the Chinese zodiac:

"The Pig is the last animal sign on the Chinese zodiac. The 12 zodiac animals are, in order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig; forming a 12-year-cycle. "The Year of the Pig" is not any particular year in history, but a position in the zodiac cycle.

Years of the Pig: 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031"

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've run across her in my research. They say the pig pendant might be representative of the Chinese zodiac:

"The Pig is the last animal sign on the Chinese zodiac. The 12 zodiac animals are, in order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig; forming a 12-year-cycle. "The Year of the Pig" is not any particular year in history, but a position in the zodiac cycle.

Years of the Pig: 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031"

Lattingtown Jane Doe is well known as well as the pig pendant being a possible zodiac sign but I was directing attention to the other case from 2001.

Lattingtown Jane Doe is well known as well as the pig pendant being a possible zodiac sign but I was directing attention to the other case from 2001.
I apologize, i didn't click into the article.

What's interesting is namus doesn't have any estimate for postmortem interval. Who knows how long she was there. But if Muttontown Jane Doe is the same killer (and it does appear very possible) then there is also a probability of another graveyard around the Muttontown preserve and up along the roads that turn into Oyster Bay Rd. Lots and lots of places to dump a body along that route! And similar to Manorville graveyard if you ask me. So are these early victims of the LISK, or the work of another monster who buries there victims? Because we have no clue when they were killed, it's possible they could be from the 80's and 90's before LISK started dismembering and spreading remains.

I looked at this case also and wondered if it could be Kelly Morrissey the third missing girl from Lynbrook NY who went missing in the 1980s.THE Lattingtown girl was wearing a gold chain with a pig charm, Kelly's missing person report on the Charley project says she was wearing a gold chain and charm at the time of her disappearance.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/morrissey_kelly.html

If anyone is interested I believe I found another case connected to Lattingtown Jane Doe from 2001 and potentially related to LISK
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...en-pig-pendant-Jan-13&p=13105157#post13105157

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper