Cases That Haunt You

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1. Amy Bradley - talk about creepy. Probably the one I've done the most reading on.
2. Jason Jolkowski - how could one just disapper in a residential neighborhood, in broad daylight? His mother, Kelly, is amazing.
3. The Fort Worth Trio
4. Angie Hammond
5. Tara Calico
6. Beverly Potts
7. The Smokey Mountain disappearances

I'm sure there's many more.....

There are so many cases, old and new, and so many people missing that it messes with my mind. I'm doing a systematic, case by case, read through of all the missing on the Charley Project, in the hope of matching some, but there are so many. I spent hours and hours a day on this.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm working on these cases, mostly at night, I get strange feelings, fear maybe, and have to close all the windows and bar the doors. Anyone else feel that way?

Oh yeah. I get paranoid, jumpy, creeped out, have trouble sleeping, have nightmares, etc, etc. I am mostly online during the day while at work and I try to stay off at night because I will get really paranoid or at least I will get on after my fiance gets home from work. Somehow having him there makes everything way less creepy. I feel safe.

I also try to go through the Charley Project systematically state by state and write down ones I find particulary interesting. I have pages and pages of names. It is just an infinite number of names, of lives, of people who were once living, walking, going to work just like you and I.

Jared Negrete. I am not sure if there is a post on him here as I cannot figure out how to search. Here is his page on Charley Project
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/negrete_jared.html
He was an 11 year old boy scout hiking when he became tired so he stayed behind with water and was to wait for the troop to come back down. He was not there. All that was ever found of him was a camera with landscape shots a final self portrait shot that will haunt me forever. He looked so scared. This happened July 19, 1991. His case remains unsolved. I guess it hits me hard because my son is in the Cub Scouts and I am so close to the San Bernardino Mountains.

<snipped> Jared Negrete. I am not sure if there is a post on him here as I cannot figure out how to search.

Not that I'm a pro at it...There is a tool bar at the top of the page (User CP, FAQ, Members List.....Search...Log Out) Click on "Search", then if you are looking for a thread on someone click "Show Threads". Keep in mind, if you are searching on a popular subject, there may be pages of related threads. If you are looking for a particular post, for example to double-check a certain piece of info, then click "Show Posts". There is also an "Advanced Search" if you have more specific info to outline your search.

miss u daddy, the story of Jared Negrete is a sad one. Is the assumption that he met with his end through natural means while lost in the woods? Or is foul play suspected? People say he looked terrified in his "self-portrait." Is there a copy of it somewhere.

This is probably a stupid question, but is there any relation between Jared and Michael Negrete, who disappeared from California in 1999?

I'd love to see a copy of that picture of Jared if you've got one.

There are tons of cases that haunt me. At this moment my main focus is to find out who "Sam" is. Sam(I am not even going to add the rest of the nickname the police gave him, because I think it is highly disrespectful to him)
was for in Tofield Alberta, on April 1st ,1977 http://doenetwork.org/cases/1046umab.html
Here is a pic of Sam computer generated Image that I colorized.
sam-1.png

Hopefully someday his case will be solved , along with all the other missing people , and unidentified people are the world.
One can only hope :)

There are so many cases, old and new, and so many people missing that it messes with my mind. I'm doing a systematic, case by case, read through of all the missing on the Charley Project, in the hope of matching some, but there are so many. I spent hours and hours a day on this.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm working on these cases, mostly at night, I get strange feelings, fear maybe, and have to close all the windows and bar the doors. Anyone else feel that way?

I feel exactly the same. And my safety awareness has shot through the roof:eek:

Not that I'm a pro at it...There is a tool bar at the top of the page (User CP, FAQ, Members List.....Search...Log Out) Click on "Search", then if you are looking for a thread on someone click "Show Threads". Keep in mind, if you are searching on a popular subject, there may be pages of related threads. If you are looking for a particular post, for example to double-check a certain piece of info, then click "Show Posts". There is also an "Advanced Search" if you have more specific info to outline your search.

This has nothing to do with your comment but I have been meaning to tell you I like your signature. The first lines from The Raven - One of my favorite poems. I 'performed' it in one of my theater/drama classes one year and I think now I will have it memorized for the rest of my life.

Jared Negrete. I am not sure if there is a post on him here as I cannot figure out how to search. Here is his page on Charley Project
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/negrete_jared.html
He was an 11 year old boy scout hiking when he became tired so he stayed behind with water and was to wait for the troop to come back down. He was not there. All that was ever found of him was a camera with landscape shots a final self portrait shot that will haunt me forever. He looked so scared. This happened July 19, 1991. His case remains unsolved. I guess it hits me hard because my son is in the Cub Scouts and I am so close to the San Bernardino Mountains.

I have read about Jared's disappearence before and it is very creepy. I have never been able to locate the photo so I have never seen it. I think that since they were able to track his movements like they did that Jared succumbed to the elements in one way or another.

I am appalled that a cub scout leader would leave a 13yr old boy behind. Jared probably lost sight of them, panicked and started running trying to find them, became disoriented and went the wrong direction.

Thanks so much. I did try it and found a link to a post for Jared, but no real discussion thread. I was trying to search for another name a couple weeks ago for an update, but I couldn't find it. I know I read about it on here at some point. The name escapes me for some reason, but once I find it again I'll try or ask for help!
Thanks!

miss u daddy, the story of Jared Negrete is a sad one. Is the assumption that he met with his end through natural means while lost in the woods? Or is foul play suspected? People say he looked terrified in his "self-portrait." Is there a copy of it somewhere.

This is probably a stupid question, but is there any relation between Jared and Michael Negrete, who disappeared from California in 1999?

I'd love to see a copy of that picture of Jared if you've got one.

I tried searching for that picture, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I remember the picture of his eyes and nose and the mountains behind it. It was taken with a disposable camera at night after he'd been lost from his troop. I will never forget it. I will continue to seach for it and let you know if I can locate it again.

Articles about the search for Jared Negrete
http://www.micro-mono.com/docs/boyscout.pdf

That was really good reading.

It's really hard for me to comprehend how he just vanished.......how were they not able to find him after days and days of searching and all the miles they covered? Then again, this is coming from a Jersey girly-girl who has never been in the thick wilderness before.....

I tried searching for that picture, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I remember the picture of his eyes and nose and the mountains behind it. It was taken with a disposable camera at night after he'd been lost from his troop. I will never forget it. I will continue to seach for it and let you know if I can locate it again.

I searched for it too yesterday with no luck. I think the LA Times ran the pic along with one of their articles about his disappearence but whenever I do a search on their website I don't get any hits.

I wonder why he took that pic of himself. Did he take it and leave the camera behind on purpose in hopes that someone would find it and see that it was him?

That was really good reading.

It's really hard for me to comprehend how he just vanished.......how were they not able to find him after days and days of searching and all the miles they covered? Then again, this is coming from a Jersey girly-girl who has never been in the thick wilderness before.....

It is hard to comprehend when that many people are looking for someone and finding clues of his route especially so soon after he disappeared you would think he would have been close enough to hear the searchers. On the other hand, I have done alot of backpacking in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons and when you are out in the wilderness like that you really get perspective on how vast it is. To think about a 13 yr old scared boy who is lost out there I can easily see how he hasn't been found. He traveled quite aways and probably in his panicked mind-set was moving quickly and blindly. I think they found the camera close to bluff or hill and speculated he had sat down and went down it that way. He could have easily fallen off a bluff or incline, he could have drown trying to cross a river, he could have been attacked by an animal although I think that is the least-likely scenario. It is so sad. I cannot imagine being 13 and getting lost out in the sierra nevada's alone. I just can't imagine how scared he must have been, especially when night fell.

Rest in Peace, Jared.

Articles about the search for Jared Negrete
http://www.micro-mono.com/docs/boyscout.pdf

On Saturday, narcotics investigators hiked in and found a 100-foot-by-100-foot clearing from which thick vegetation
had been hacked away 6,200 feet up the side of Mt. San Gorgonio. An irrigation system that included at least 500 feet
of half-inch pipe and automatic timers had been installed, investigators said. Whoever planted the field also had
carefully left a canopy of trees that allowed in just the right amount of sunlight for marijuana cultivation, investigators​
said.

Do you think Jared stumbled across drug activity and was killed and buried? I just can't figure out why they never found his remains.

Do you think Jared stumbled across drug activity and was killed and buried? I just can't figure out why they never found his remains.

I thought that too, Mr. E, when I read that part. Very sad and creepy all the way around. :(

It definately is very creepy. I am planning to hike where he was last seen at the end of the month. I've got to see for myself. They used infrared and saw animals, but found no sign of Jared. How can you not find him unless he was buried under a rockslide of something. I just don't get it. THey found the camera and candy wrappers on a incline and thought he slid down on his butt and lost it. This case is nagging at me. He'd be a year older than I am now. 17 years with nothing? I dont get it. Stumbling on the marijuana field is a definate possibility. I emailed a couple of newspapers to see how I can go about getting that picture. It was published in the papers just a few years ago too when they did an expose on him or various boy scouts missing. I will keep you updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back