Cases That Haunt You

Michael Negrete. Same college and I can't imagine something happening at what seemed like a safe school. I've had several nightmares over the years about what could have happened. How the mind wanders.

Amy Bradley, the young woman who went missing while on a cruise ship with her family in 1999.

It hits me because we are only a few weeks apart in age, and around the time she was taken, I was getting married. She should of been starting the phase of her life as well. So many people have seen her after her abduction, but couldn't do enough at the time to save her. This case was one of the rare ones where the victim was seen by multiple people shortly after her kidnapping. It would of been so much better if she was killed almost right away. Instead, it looks like she was probably secs trafficted for years.

The Elisa Lam case.

I have no idea why it haunts me as much as it does. Perhaps because of the fact that we both are the same age. I was a University student in Singapore during that time, away from my home country. I used to spend most of my time alone, working in my room. My room was in the 22nd floor and I have to take the elevator everyday. Each time I rode that elevator, I thought of her.
It's been so many years, yet I come back here to see if there is any new development on it.

The Elisa Lam case.

I have no idea why it haunts me as much as it does. Perhaps because of the fact that we both are the same age. I was a University student in Singapore during that time, away from my home country. I used to spend most of my time alone, working in my room. My room was in the 22nd floor and I have to take the elevator everyday. Each time I rode that elevator, I thought of her.
It's been so many years, yet I come back here to see if there is any new development on it.

Me too, Sunset. I posted the same thing upstream.

Another case haunting me, I have a personal connection to this case, any and all help is appreciated:

CO - Margaret 'Margo' Hillman, 14, Lyons, 24 Sept 1983
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Margaret-Margo-Hillman-14-Lyons-24-Sept-1983

Michael Negrete. Same college and I can't imagine something happening at what seemed like a safe school. I've had several nightmares over the years about what could have happened. How the mind wanders.
Is there a thread for him?

I know this thread was started a long time ago and just wanted to mention that there is another thread called "If you could know the answer to 1 unsolved case" in another place on the forum and it may have some discussion to some of the same cases.

I put the link below in case anyone wants to check it out. These old cases haunt me too and I pray that someone can get some answers for some of them. Its so sad to read some of them. :(

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-you-could-know-the-answer-to-1-unsolved-case

The Elisa Lam case.

JMO
It bothers me too and it is a scary case. So much mystery surrounding the case and the fact it occurred at the Cecil Hotel is what makes it very scary to me.

There was a TV special about murders allegedly committed by people that stayed at the Cecil Hotel. So its a scary place to begin with. I could not believe how many murders were allegedly connected to people at that hotel.

The infamous Black Dhalia case
The Night Stalker - Richard Ramirez was rumored to have stayed there
Quite a few others

Elisa likely had no idea the place was kind of dangerous to begin with.
The thing most mysterious to me is the video footage of her on the elevator. It really was like there was a ghost she was seeing. And it would not surprise me if she saw a real ghost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Hotel_(Los_Angeles)

JMO
It bothers me too and it is a scary case. So much mystery surrounding the case and the fact it occurred at the Cecil Hotel is what makes it very scary to me.

There was a TV special about murders allegedly committed by people that stayed at the Cecil Hotel. So its a scary place to begin with. I could not believe how many murders were allegedly connected to people at that hotel.

The infamous Black Dhalia case
The Night Stalker - Richard Ramirez was rumored to have stayed there
Quite a few others

Elisa likely had no idea the place was kind of dangerous to begin with.
The thing most mysterious to me is the video footage of her on the elevator. It really was like there was a ghost she was seeing. And it would not surprise me if she saw a real ghost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Hotel_(Los_Angeles)

As I mentioned, I was living in the 22nd floor when it happened. There were so many days when I was going up that elevator doing some hand gestures, talking to myself ( yes, I talk/think aloud to myself when I am alone). It was a time where all of the graduate students had to spend more than 10 hours to study/work. Ofcourse, in the video she seemed to be more restless and under the influence of something. But a lot of comments came out regarding the video that she must be crazy, experiencing psychotic stuff to be talking when no one was there, kind of hit me close, you know. A Paranormal stuff, stalker, etc can be totally true. That place gives me creeps too. It's like it lures creeps and obliviously unaware victims.

Because of the mounting drill, it sounds like a “trophy” skull someone brought back from Vietnam, is my guess. That, in addition to the glued in teeth.
Despicable, and very sad at many levels.

You're absolutely right it is disgusting. Why anyone would keep a human beings remains as a trophy is beyond my comprehension.

I am haunted by Elizabeth and Lyrics case, William Tyrrell's, Jessica Heeringa's and Abigail and Liberty's I think about these cases often and pray about them.

Nancy Jo Canode was young and beautiful, with two children, a hard-working husband and a comfortable two-level apartment in Ponte Vedra Beach.
So why did someone rape her, tie a rope around her neck, and stab her with an ice pick and a kitchen knife until she died?

No one knows, except her killer...

http://www.staugustine.com/stories99/060399/unsolved_murder.shtml
(register)

did the husband do it??

Podcast episode about Nancy Jo Canode's case-

Episode 15 Nancy Jo Canode - The Murder in My Family

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics