Cases That Haunt You

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Way too many cases haunt me! That's what's so sad. I just can't imagine being the parent or relative of a missing loved one and not knowing where they are! I think the most painful cases for me are those people who by all accounts were really good loving people and when they leave you just wonder, how can a good person like that just vanish?

My List:

1.) Dermot Kelly
2.) Dennis Martin
3.) David Warner
4.) Roger Ellison
5.) Sam Todd
6.) Mark Wilson
7.) Perry Corlew
8.) Francis "Frank" Cantea
9.) Richard Griener
10) William "Billy" Jones
11.)The Sodder Family case
12.) Kathy Shea
13.) Michael Klitch. (Kidnapped while playing tennis and later found murdered. Who killed Mike and why?)

Satch

i can't remember this girl's name, i think it might have been laura or lori? but she was like, a younger teenager who listened to someone mentioning a contest on a radio and went/was lured? to this place in the woods. a man was writing a book about the case after all these yrs (i think it happened in the 60s or 70s). can someone please help me remewmber her name??? i've looked on all the boards and i cant find her

i can't remember this girl's name, i think it might have been laura or lori? but she was like, a younger teenager who listened to someone mentioning a contest on a radio and went/was lured? to this place in the woods. a man was writing a book about the case after all these yrs (i think it happened in the 60s or 70s). can someone please help me remewmber her name??? i've looked on all the boards and i cant find her
I think you're referting to Christie Ltnn Mullins

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9780358

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10580490

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10580498

I am looking for information regarding the murder of Jerry Monus in Covington, LA.

Can someone help me with a missing child case that I was following sometime ago?

My memory's kind of fuzzy (I follow A LOT of these stories). The subject was a young girl who disappeared in the 60s-70s (I think?). She had visited the local carnival with a friend, but her friend had to return home and left her behind, but the girl never made it back. Apparently, one of the witnesses recognised her at the time due to her 'funny walk' caused by a certain health condition. I'm sure you guys will know the case I'm referring to.

Cases that haunt me, by category:

Disappearance perhaps murder-Evelyn Hartley(1953)

Single murder-Black Dahlia(1947)

Mass murder-United Airlines Bombing(1933)

Aggregate murder-Cabin 28(1981)

Spree murder-Tylenol Poisonings(1982)

Serial murder-Cleveland Torso Slayer(1934-38)

Does anyone remember the baby snatched in the late 80s early 90s from the house; the parents were on Oprah, etc. how did that ever resolve, or did it? Anyone know?

More than any other case, the Mary Ann Holmes murder haunts me - it's what brought me to WS. Her daughter is such an inspiration - a person has to be incredibly strong to carry on after what she suffered as a child.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?142900-AZ-Mary-Ann-Holmes-29-A-small-town-murder-in-Thatcher-9-July-1995

On the night of July 12, 1995 in a small mostly Mormon community in eastern Arizona named Thatcher, a single mother, age 29, named Mary Ann Holmes was tortured, raped and murdered. The most brutal thing of all is that it was done in front of her two small girls, ages 5 and 3. The killer had tied the oldest girl, naked, with rope that she eventually untied and ran across the street to alert a friend of the family.

The little girl said that her mother had been hurt by a "lion man". When the neighbor went to the house, she discovered the slain woman with her youngest child crawling in her blood.

Hey everyone! I'm new here and I thought this would be a good place to start:happydance:.

I'd say I don't have a particular case that haunts me, but rather a worry that the cold cases in my area are unsolved and the killer could still be out there. This is a real fear for me since I live in Southern California where there are many killers not caught for high-profile unsolved cases like the Original Night Stalker and Zodiac Killer. Even though they operated mostly in NorCal, there was a time when the Original Night Stalker came down to Orange County and murdered people, and I'm sure unsolved cases from the 70's and 80's here in OC can also be tied to the Zodiac Killer. I'm only 22 so I wasn't born when these crimes were occurign, but it still worries me that the Night Stalker and Zodiac Killer haven't been caught.

Lashonda Bedell, a 2 year baby girl old beaten to death by her mother in the bathroom of Syracuse NY steak house in 1979-slammed that little ones head repeatedly and she died a few days later. If i recall, Mom served less than 20 years. A gross miscarriage of justice, in my opinion.

Sabrina Aisenberg?

Sounds like. That case always fascinated me as well. I thought then, and still do, that one or both parents did something. One thing I have always remembered is reading tha the police initially thought that the house has been ransacked only to learn from not only the parents, but friends of theirs as well, that no, the holuse always looked like that and that mom "wasn't much of a housekeeper". It seems like the police thinking you house has been ransacked takes it a good step beyond lax housekeeping. Wonder what else she was lax about.

Hey everyone! I'm new here and I thought this would be a good place to start:happydance:.

I'd say I don't have a particular case that haunts me, but rather a worry that the cold cases in my area are unsolved and the killer could still be out there. This is a real fear for me since I live in Southern California where there are many killers not caught for high-profile unsolved cases like the Original Night Stalker and Zodiac Killer. Even though they operated mostly in NorCal, there was a time when the Original Night Stalker came down to Orange County and murdered people, and I'm sure unsolved cases from the 70's and 80's here in OC can also be tied to the Zodiac Killer. I'm only 22 so I wasn't born when these crimes were occurign, but it still worries me that the Night Stalker and Zodiac Killer haven't been caught.

I was a kid when Zodiac was active and I never forgot the drawing I saw on the news of him after what I now know to have been the Lake Berryessa killings. The stuff of nightmares to be sure, although I was in So. CA. my geography wasn't great and I didn't realize how far away he was actually operating.

Zodiac has remained one of the most fascinating cases ever to me, but I am pretty much convinced that he is dead so I don't actively worry about him. I also do not know of any cases in OC that could legitimately be tied to Zodiac. Of course, as is the case with any famous murder or murders there are always people anxious to tie killings to the well known boogey men. The closest potential Zodiac killing would be Cheri Jo Bates in Riverside in '66 (before he became known as" Zodiac") and I am not 100% convinced that was him.

The closest potential Zodiac killing would be Cheri Jo Bates in Riverside in '66 (before he became known as" Zodiac") and I am not 100% convinced that was him.

I think the police also don't believe it was the Zodiac. I think I read that they believe it to be her ex boyfriend, but have never been able to get enough evidence against him. I know there was a watch found near her body and I wonder if they have ever tried to get DNA off of it.

The closest potential Zodiac killing would be Cheri Jo Bates in Riverside in '66 (before he became known as" Zodiac") and I am not 100% convinced that was him.

I think the police also don't believe it was the Zodiac. I think I read that they believe it to be her ex boyfriend, but have never been able to get enough evidence against him. I know there was a watch found near her body and I wonder if they have ever tried to get DNA off of it.

Whoever her attacker was, Cheri Jo took a chunk out of him. In addition to skin found under her fingernails, she managed to pull some of the killer's hair out by the roots. A DNA comparison against the person of interest (the ex-boyfriend) came back as a conclusive non-match. The case is still open, though it doesn't appear Riverside PD is all that interested in pursuing fresh leads.

When I was a child I was friends and neighbors with a girl who would go on to become the victim of a brutal murder in her teen years. Kimberly Dawn Best and Paige Suzann Sinclair were found murdered in October of 1977. They were 15 years old; runaways who were hitchhiking their way south down I5 to Reno Nevada. Their bodies were found at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Lake Clementine. Kimberly had been shot and Paige had been bludgeoned.

I have fond memories of playing with Kimberly as a child and I've often thought of her and her family over the years. At the time of the crimes a suspect, Kenneth Edgar Lane, was tried 3 times, but never convicted. Ejector marks on .38 caliber shell casings matched those found in his home, at the grave of a dog he had shot the day before, and in the area where the girl's bodies were found. The gun was never recovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back