Casey and Family Psych Profile #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped and BBM - Nah, it makes perfect sense. CA was the forgiving martyr/victim. They had wronged her and that gave her the upper hand. They had put her through so much, they had stolen from her, etc., but instead of turning them in (or seeking vengeance, punishment, etc.), she forgave them and held it over their heads. It's a form of mental abuse. You see it often in non-physical domestic violence. She used it to position herself as the benevolent dictator, so to speak.
JHarres, my friend, you.are.good. Very well stated and spot on. Thanks for that!

ITA! IMO her issues are WORSE then Casey's.

Her daughter learned everything she knows from her mother.

I know most agree ICA didn't fall far from CA's tree - but wonder what made CA who she is (and has been since the beginning of this mess, at the least).

SP seems like a good, caring person - even if she allowed CA to get away with too much at times. Her saying that she feared ICA hated her mother more than she loved Caylee was one of the most insightful comments to ever come out of this family.

So is CA a product of a philandering, under employed spouse, a thieving daughter or has she always been this way?

I know most agree ICA didn't fall far from CA's tree - but wonder what made CA who she is (and has been since the beginning of this mess, at the least).

SP seems like a good, caring person - even if she allowed CA to get away with too much at times. Her saying that she feared ICA hated her mother more than she loved Caylee was one of the most insightful comments to ever come out of this family.

So is CA a product of a philandering, under employed spouse, a thieving daughter or has she always been this way?
I believe she has always been this way. jmo.

Snipped and BBM - Nah, it makes perfect sense. CA was the forgiving martyr/victim. They had wronged her and that gave her the upper hand. They had put her through so much, they had stolen from her, etc., but instead of turning them in (or seeking vengeance, punishment, etc.), she forgave them and held it over their heads. It's a form of mental abuse. You see it often in non-physical domestic violence. She used it to position herself as the benevolent dictator, so to speak.

Amen! The professional victim!

I believe she has always been this way. jmo.

I agree. I think the woman has a real fear of being left, of being alone with nobody to take care of. Her "family" defines her.. she lives for them (during one interview she even said she wished she had a big house so they could all live under one roof). If you take away her victim and care-taker status she's an empty soul. She needs people to need her. IMO

Imagine if after Casey gets sentenced George leaves her?:crazy:

I think Casey started stealing from her mother because she knew her mother would do nothing about it.. how'd she know? Because her husband had been stealing from her for years and she did nothing to stop it. I think Casey decided not to work because she knew she didn't have to.. how'd she know she didn't have to? Because she watched her father get away with it for years and her mother allowed it.

If you don't want people to steal from you, you won't let them steal from you. If you don't want to be taken advantage of and used then you won't allow yourself to be taken advantage of and used. The only thing keeping George and Casey stealing was Cindy's allowing it.

Have you guys seen "Black Swan"? I think a lot of the psychology going on in the movie can be compared to CA/KC.
The mother has obvious issues and keeps the daughter "locked" in her childhood.She does not want her to be independent but she demands perfection.The daughter is the perfect "white swan" (which KC was in CA'seyes) but when she tries to perfect the "Black Swan" she spirals into delusions and obsessive jealousy.Not even the audience can be sure any longer what is real and what is delusion.I think that's very similar with what happened to KC,jealousy truly took Caylee,KC at that point was trying the role of perfect girlfriend to Tony,where Caylee had no place.She already knew she would never be perfect in her mother's eyes so she took the one that was perfect away from her.

In CA's interview w/ the FBI while discussing the topic of the family's religious beliefs, CA offers up that LA lost his faith in God as a result of suffering from a dangerously low platelet count due to idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), a side effect of Accutane.

In LA's civil depo, he rather casually mentions that he is colour blind. I think he said it in the context of being asked to identify something by colour.
Spontaneous colour blindness is another serious side effect of Accutane. Of course, he could have been born that way.

I have wondered if the Ants ever attempted to receive compensation from the mfr of Accutane on LA's behalf.

Dr. Julieann Mitchell's take on Casey ( she hasn't examined/tested her)

http://nrs.blogtronix.net/NRS/18149

"To a sociopath, others are always expendable: family, friends, acquaintances. Once others have been bled dry, the sociopath moves on. Loyalty is not a part of who they are. They have no desire to change and no insight into their own behaviors and motivations. Caylee is missing, but Mom is partying and lying to both her friends and family about her daughter’s whereabouts.

Sociopaths are narcissistic and exhibitionistic, with no sense of shame. Nothing exists in their world but what they want - the ultimate “Me, Me, Me” syndrome. They are characterized by an excessive superficiality, in both thoughts and behaviors. They are easily bored and made restless by day-to-day responsibilities, an attitude which makes consistent parenting a drag and an impossibility. Sociopaths create their own reality, and in this instance, Casey’s world did not include her daughter."

Have you guys seen "Black Swan"? I think a lot of the psychology going on in the movie can be compared to CA/KC.
The mother has obvious issues and keeps the daughter "locked" in her childhood.She does not want her to be independent but she demands perfection.The daughter is the perfect "white swan" (which KC was in CA'seyes) but when she tries to perfect the "Black Swan" she spirals into delusions and obsessive jealousy.Not even the audience can be sure any longer what is real and what is delusion.I think that's very similar with what happened to KC,jealousy truly took Caylee,KC at that point was trying the role of perfect girlfriend to Tony,where Caylee had no place.She already knew she would never be perfect in her mother's eyes so she took the one that was perfect away from her.

Hi claudicici. No I haven't seen "Black Swan" yet. Interesting and I want to see it.

The reason I searched out this thread now is because I watched the remake mini series of "Mildred Pierce" on HBO. It consists of five parts. My mom had me watch the original movie starring Joan Crawford which doesn't go into as much detail as the remake does regarding the nuances between Veda (the daughter) and her mother, Mildred (played by Kate Winslet in the new version). While I was watching the story, I'm thinking about how the well meaning Mildred is hurting her daughter through her attitude and actions toward Veda. Made me think of Cindy and Casey as I watched.

Anyone who has HBO, parts four and five repeat tonight at 11PM and tomorrow at 7PM central. You'll not have all the background as depicted in parts one-three but parts four and five demonstrate the behavior I refer to.

"To a sociopath, others are always expendable: family, friends, acquaintances. Once others have been bled dry, the sociopath moves on. Loyalty is not a part of who they are. They have no desire to change and no insight into their own behaviors and motivations. Caylee is missing, but Mom is partying and lying to both her friends and family about her daughter’s whereabouts.

Sociopaths are narcissistic and exhibitionistic, with no sense of shame. Nothing exists in their world but what they want - the ultimate “Me, Me, Me” syndrome. They are characterized by an excessive superficiality, in both thoughts and behaviors. They are easily bored and made restless by day-to-day responsibilities, an attitude which makes consistent parenting a drag and an impossibility. Sociopaths create their own reality, and in this instance, Casey’s world did not include her daughter."

Sadly, so true the part I bolded....

I was just coming to post this...I stumbled upon it today...it appears this Psychologist ICA down pat...and she has never treated her, just her actions and demeanor when questioned by authorities...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

In reality, Casey believes she is above the law. She presents herself as a mother who is only interested in finding her child. Yet she has done nothing but lie to the police and fabricate stories.

Everything she does is designed to protect herself by outwitting and outsmarting the legal authorities. She continues to display a great disdain for law enforcement, as evidenced by her unwillingness to tell the truth or be in any way helpful in locating her daughter.

Casey has repeatedly demonstrated this with her continued lying, lack of sadness about her daughter’s disappearance, and few displays of emotions related to the fact that her daughter Caylee is missing or dead. Listening to the taped interviews, one can easily discern that Casey expresses almost no emotion when discussing her daughter’s disappearance.

Sociopaths are incapable of remaining in love, or of even selflessly loving anyone. Their sex lives are most often impersonal and chaotic, and frequently they are bisexual. There is in them an emptiness, a coldness, a disconnection from others and themselves. Casey is incapable of truly understanding how much others can be made to suffer as a result of her behavior. It does not compute.

A sociopath's motto is: Competition is king, survival the agenda, and no one is ever, ever, ever to be trusted. A sociopath's mantra: “Do unto others before they do unto you.”

Sam Vaknin has taught me the most about narcissism. I want to thank whoever shared this link previously. This documentary raises so many questions, but answers many, as well. I liked the part where his wife was tested, too. Sam lacked brain activity in places where his wife had activity - loving feelings affecting the brain. Her take on their relationship is interesting.

Sam says it's like a rocket in that it has a target this mechanism of their self.

"But… it takes one to truly know one. In this intriguing documentary, Sam Vaknin, a self-proclaimed psychopath, goes in search of a diagnosis."

I, Psychopath
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/i-psychopath/

Sam Vaknin has taught me the most about narcissism. I want to thank whoever shared this link previously. This documentary raises so many questions, but answers many, as well. I liked the part where his wife was tested, too. Sam lacked brain activity in places where his wife had activity - loving feelings affecting the brain. Her take on their relationship is interesting.

Sam says it's like a rocket in that it has a target this mechanism of their self.

"But… it takes one to truly know one. In this intriguing documentary, Sam Vaknin, a self-proclaimed psychopath, goes in search of a diagnosis."

I, Psychopath
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/i-psychopath/

I'm glad you watched it.. I think everyone in todays society should be required to watch that documentary!

It was you. Thank You, OneLostGrl. :blowkiss:

Mental Health Expert Analyzes Casey's Behavior

Posted: 6:22 pm EDT May 10, 2011
Updated: 6:55 pm EDT May 10, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- WFTV sat down with a mental health expert on Tuesday to talk about Casey Anthony's unpredictable courtroom behavior. We've seen her laugh, we've seen her cry and we've seen Casey sit with no emotion at all.

VIDEO REPORT: Casey's Courtroom Behavior

Even for the expert, it's really unpredictable to say for sure what is going on in Casey's mind. Obviously, Casey is under a lot of stress and even something as simple as moving from the Orange County jail to the Pinellas County jail, could impact her emotions.

more
http://www.wftv.com/news/27845128/detail.html

Mental Health Expert Analyzes Casey's Behavior

Posted: 6:22 pm EDT May 10, 2011
Updated: 6:55 pm EDT May 10, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- WFTV sat down with a mental health expert on Tuesday to talk about Casey Anthony's unpredictable courtroom behavior. We've seen her laugh, we've seen her cry and we've seen Casey sit with no emotion at all.

VIDEO REPORT: Casey's Courtroom Behavior

Even for the expert, it's really unpredictable to say for sure what is going on in Casey's mind. Obviously, Casey is under a lot of stress and even something as simple as moving from the Orange County jail to the Pinellas County jail, could impact her emotions.

more
http://www.wftv.com/news/27845128/detail.html

*GaSp* A personality disorder? noway! :laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri

In reality, Casey believes she is above the law. She presents herself as a mother who is only interested in finding her child. Yet she has done nothing but lie to the police and fabricate stories.

Everything she does is designed to protect herself by outwitting and outsmarting the legal authorities. She continues to display a great disdain for law enforcement, as evidenced by her unwillingness to tell the truth or be in any way helpful in locating her daughter.

Casey has repeatedly demonstrated this with her continued lying, lack of sadness about her daughter’s disappearance, and few displays of emotions related to the fact that her daughter Caylee is missing or dead. Listening to the taped interviews, one can easily discern that Casey expresses almost no emotion when discussing her daughter’s disappearance.

Sociopaths are incapable of remaining in love, or of even selflessly loving anyone. Their sex lives are most often impersonal and chaotic, and frequently they are bisexual. There is in them an emptiness, a coldness, a disconnection from others and themselves. Casey is incapable of truly understanding how much others can be made to suffer as a result of her behavior. It does not compute.

A sociopath's motto is: Competition is king, survival the agenda, and no one is ever, ever, ever to be trusted A sociopath's mantra: “Do unto others before they do unto you.”

If anyone doubts that women like this exist, I'm here to tell you they DO. Our EX DIL could be ICA's twin.

Although she did not kill any child, she physically & emotionally abused them for years.

She has affected our entire family, there isn't one person who is not suffering the effects of her venom.

Luckily, she lost custody of the children & they are with their father now.

She is to a "T" what those two article describe. Believe me, we've studied up on narcissim & sociopath for years as the EX WAS diagnosed by a psychologist as a Narcissist.

Totally blew our minds when we started researching just how evil & cruel they truly are AND how it explained so many things that had us puzzled about HER behavior!!!

very very bad situation.

What is this HORRIFIC thing she has been through or witnessed?

*GaSp* A personality disorder? noway! :laugh:

why does she do this?
They take a break for lunch or other breaks, then she either comes back with her hair up or hair down?
I am saying this here in this thread because I think it is some sort of mental condition?
It is an attention getting thing? maybe to make her seem to have MPD?:sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back