Casey and Family Psych Profile #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This family's kids have such a long history of parents' lying. And it hasn't stopped yet.

The following characteristics of a psychopath, defined by Hervery M. Cleckley in 1941 in the book Mask of Sanity include:
<snip>

Acting all besties with Amy so she could have a car, more money to steal, etc...

I definitley think TL did not care as much for her as she THOUGHT he did. I beleive she THOUGHT she made him love her....but also I think that she could have cared less about him (in actual fact)...only for as long as he was useful did she/would she continue to...act that affectionate toward him.
Don't forget, she couldn't go to Puerto Rico because she had to take care of Caylee. I think her resentment at Amy's free lifestyle had something to do with the theft.

And TL testified that she told him she loved him and he told her he loved her. I think TL was thoroughly entranced with KC; he seemed very disillusioned at this outcome.

The interesting things for me today regarding the family's psychological dynamics happened on the stand. When LA testified, at point in particular, seemed like he smiled when he was angry. Inappropriate response. And GA laughing, saying he thought it was funny that JB was saying things that should have angered him. Why do GA & LA find it difficult to express anger, at least in the courtroom setting? Maybe they're afraid that if they do express anger, it will be over the top? GA, at least, has had problems with his temper in the past.

Don't forget, she couldn't go to Puerto Rico because she had to take care of Caylee. I think her resentment at Amy's free lifestyle had something to do with the theft.

And TL testified that she told him she loved him and he told her he loved her. I think TL was thoroughly entranced with KC; he seemed very disillusioned at this outcome.

Great observations!

I think you're right about TL being entranced, but I'm thinking it wasn't terribly serious for him yet.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I would bet my last dollar that in addition to being 'CHIEF-LIE-MAKER-UPPER' as well as 'spiritual adviser', CA is the family counselor too!

Reportedly CA was in some type of counseling before Caylee was killed. IIRC the counselor recommended she seek custody of Caylee and kick Casey to the curb.

I was comparing the similarities between ICA and Ted Bundy and I came across this article that I found to be very interesting.

Ted Bundy: Psychiatric Information
The following is a deposition taken by Polly Nelson, who represented Bundy throughout the collateral appeal process. It was only at this stage that the question of Ted Bundy's sanity was raised, though not in relation to the crimes. Nelson was hoping prove to the court that Bundy was not, at the time, comepetent to stand trial, therefore invalidating his conviction on three counts of murder. Dr. Emauel Tanay, who evaluated Bundy in 1979, is testifying as to what his findings were at that time.

http://www.skcentral.com/articles.php?article_id=24

ITA, and three shrinks examined her over the weekend. Obviously, nothing was found.

Obviously Cheney can't read a woman's emotions when she has her periods. I thought about this yesterday when we were told what happened. ICA has been in court six days out if a week almost and we have been going at it 40+ days including JS, so she has had at least one period if not two.

Betcha between JB and that, she is fit to be raging hot. Oh well.

Here is my take on the family Anthony. CA is BPD with huge narcisstistic traits. ICA the same, but actually is a sociopath. GA, passive aggressive, addiction issues, anger issues, not very bright, needy, dependant personality. LA..trying to be the good boy so he finally gets mommy's love. Can't be done. His issues reflect years of trying to figure out the code to acceptance in this family and failing everytime. But I think think there is hope for him after tons of therapy and moving physically away from this family. So many of the forums have posts about how much CA loved Caylee. I suspect had this poor child lived, CA would have repeated the same mo with this child. CA's love is self love.JMO

I am in 100% agreement! I know I am projecting, but the Anthony family is like a carbon copy of my in laws (except the murdering part) Therefore, my DH could easily have been Lee (run Mallory, run) and for many, many years was in so many ways. He was the "good boy" and was always trying to get approval from his mother, and never did whereas his sister did anything she wanted and mom always rationalized her behavior. DH did not seek therapy (scorned by his family) but he did have me to love him, and I do think that my love has healed him. At least he says so. I did beg him early in our marriage to move far, far away, unfortunately we did not.

Lee does seem a little strange, but IMHO, he is the best of the family and I hope that he does get a really good therapist and if Mallory has the guts to stick it out, I hope they move far away. I think there is hope for him, but the rest of the family is incurable.

Rereading what I just wrote, I just cannot agree with you more, and I have been through it.

This.

i've had to detach from the trial a lot because i started to realize how similar my family is to the Anthonys. Thankfully i moved far away from them when i was 18, which saved my life. Several years later, though, they still have a negative influence on me. Somehow i can't get free. My mother rewrites reality all the time and refuses to consider anyone else could be right - JUST like CA. My mother's philosophy is "it's not a lie if no one can prove the truth."

Watching CA now makes me physically ill. Too close to my reality. And this case has triggered a grief response in myself regarding my own low self-esteem and learned helplessness from years of my "dictator" mother. it gets in - it never goes away. i've never had a successful romantic relationship and even friendships take a lot of effort. These realizations have all come from watching this trial!!

This family is so tragic - and it is but one of many like them.

Sorry for my Sunday morning confessional but reading this thread is intense for me! :crazy:

:hug:

i have a similar picture of my daughter at almost 1 year old, crying and screaming and reaching her arms at me because she wanted the camera. MINUTES BEFORE she had been laughing and playing happily and i wanted to take a video, and SHE wanted the camera, and i did not give it to her, and HOLY TANTRUM. i think this pic, as well as the "snothead" thing, are not completely uncommon things and do not prove her to be a psychopath. i have taken pictures of my kids when crying (usually because they are crying between the time i think "this would make a great picture" and actually focus the camera on them - kids can be moody!) and called them little snots or punks. but then, i also love and respect them, discipline the older one (younger one is too young for discipline) in a gentle and calm manner with words, and care more about my children than i could care about anything else in the world. so maybe it doesn't matter that i have a picture here and there of a tantrum or tell my husband that one of the kids is being a punk-@$$ jerk when they are awake at 10 pm and i am exhausted.....

I hear ya. Everything has to be taken in context. We have a whole 'series' of our daughter having tantrums and reaching for the camera when she was 2 or so. Basically because Grandma gave our 6 yr old a little camera and so his little sister ALWAYS wanted it and he loved to taunt her with it and then take a nice close up of her crying about it. LOL Now, 17 yrs later, we all laugh about it when we see the series of tantrum shots. If someone looked at them they would think we were mistreating our toddler I suppose.

I was comparing the similarities between ICA and Ted Bundy and I came across this article that I found to be very interesting.

The following is a deposition taken by Polly Nelson, who represented Bundy throughout the collateral appeal process. It was only at this stage that the question of Ted Bundy's sanity was raised, though not in relation to the crimes. Nelson was hoping prove to the court that Bundy was not, at the time, comepetent to stand trial, therefore invalidating his conviction on three counts of murder. Dr. Emauel Tanay, who evaluated Bundy in 1979, is testifying as to what his findings were at that time.

WOW WOW WOW. That is amazing. Casey sounds exactly like Bundy in terms of how she deals with this trial. WOW.

Wow is right, no wonder CM asked for the competency evaluation. She is sabotaging her own defense and behaving as if has not a care in the world. She's taking this to the end of the proverbial hallway and is interested more in showmanship and defiance of authority than in saving her skin. Good move ICA!!!!

Incredible article! Wowsa!!

These questions and answers in particular.... :shocked2:

Nelson: Dr. Tanay, did you ever observe Mr. Bundy with Mr. Minerva?

Tanay: Yes. As I indicated in my report, Mr. Bundy was acting as if Mr. Minerva was his third assistant and not a lawyer representing him.

Nelson: What was your opinion as to Mr. Bundy's motivation to help himself in the legal process?

Tanay: He was not motivated by a need to help himself. He was motivated by the need to be the star of the show, as I pointed out in my report. He was the producer of a play in which he was playing a big role. The defense and his future were of secondary importance to him.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful warm welcomes. I have been reading several of the post on this case, and I have to say I am so impressed with everyone's analogies. I find truth in a lot of the post and they give me a lot to think about. I have came to the right website that has very intelligent insightful post.

As far as GA and CA I believe personally there was some very extreme dynamics going on under their roof. GA and CA have a lot to do with creating a monster. They never held KC responsible for her actions, in fact just the opposite. Time and time again over the years the lies, the cover ups, everything pointing to a very dysfunctional household to the extreme. I believe GA being in the household for all these years, just sits back and lets it happen, all the while CA is molding a little "mini me" in KC (someone who believes their own lies) if you keep saying it long enough, it will be true in their world. GA eventually also wants to believe all the lies and bull$#%^ floating around that household, even though he knows what the truth is. GA has been in the household long enough to know how to play along with everything (it's so much easier to go along with the lies) then to call CA or KC out on the carpet. There is a peace you have when you deny and choose not to confront, it is so much easier, GA is taking the easy way out. Now CA really believes her own lies, she will never admit responsibility for how KC turned out or that her daughter KC actually murdered her granddaughter, she is so deep in her denial and lies, it now becomes her true reality and she will never face the truth ....ever, its the only way her mental state will survive and right now it's survival of the fittest in that household. As far as GA, he knows what the true reality is (that KC killed Caylee) but chooses to believe otherwise. You have to understand him, he MUST believe the lies and what his wife say's and what KC say's or else.........he will crack.... and one day I think he will. I don't know when it will be, but he's going to crack, he's not going to be able to hack it. He does not have the mental stamina that CA has.

Maybe George on the stand yesterday is starting to crack.

I am so intrigued by Casey's mental state. I would give a fair sum of $ to be able to read her psychological assessments and talk to her friends.

But from what I have read, she didn't have friends. Not real, true friends of long duration. It seems she had a friend for awhile, then a falling out, then a new friend, then a falling out, etc.

And hearing about the number of 'boyfriends' she had and the fact or rumor that Caylee's father is unknown boggles my mind too, considering Casey's age.

Does anyone know of any interviews or have links to information about what people observed about her in adolescence and young adulthood to this time? I'm trying to figure out when she turned the corner. It sounds like she was a normal kid, an athlete, and then at some point, something changed.

Any info is appreciated. TIA.

She must have known many people growing up, but it seems all of them have had the grace to keep their mouths shut up to now. I hope that once a verdict is rendered, we will get to hear from them to clear up this enigma.

i noticed alot of her make beleive friends had parts of celeb names .. roquel( makes me think of roquel welsh) jeffery hopkins (makes me think of anthony hopkins) Juliette lewis theres an actress with that name .. ect there are more i just cant think of them right this minute

Does anyone know of any interviews or have links to information about what people observed about her in adolescence and young adulthood to this time? I'm trying to figure out when she turned the corner. It sounds like she was a normal kid, an athlete, and then at some point, something changed.

Any info is appreciated. TIA.

If you look at the evidence list and watch the "Lee with Tony" video tape, where Tony was asked to wear a wire while meeting with Lee, there's some insight into Casey there. Lee mentions that Casey's lying has been going on since adolescence, which was interesting.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23080678/detail.html

Research Ted Bundy -- Casey is as much Bundy as anyone I've seen since.

Sociopaths evoke varied reaction from people, but remain under the radar until they are fully exposed.

More than a few felt sure Bundy was on the path to a successful political carreer. Bundy murdered 30 to 100+ women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back