Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

IMO, relying on any statements the defense says to the media is a mistake. They have repeatedly told outright lies to the media, and continually make statements that they can't back up.

They have even go so far as to do the same thing in court. Reference the Macaluso statement. Told by the judge to provide proof by Feb 1, 2010, they never did so.

They will say ANYTHING to the media in order to try to paint their client in a more positive, not-guilty light.

That actually sounds like a good thread to document them! "Lies the defense team has told to the public" - no Casey lies, just the defense team's. :crazy:

And we are looking at two completely different avenues of communication running side by side.

#1) The Defense who keep making unsubstantiated statements (known as lies) to the media and in court hearings, but produces no evidence.

#2) The State makes absolutely no statements, but bases their charges on depositions and sworn evidence, so the knowledge they release is fact.

Who are we to believe?:waitasec:

That isn't exactly a question.:furious:

And we are looking at two completely different avenues of communication running side by side.

#1) The Defense who keep making unsubstantiated statements (known as lies) to the media and in court hearings, but produces no evidence.

#2) The State makes absolutely no statements, but bases their charges on depositions and sworn evidence, so the knowledge they release is fact.

I love it when things are reduced to KISS. :)

Great job, LG. :dance:

Well the defense said on 48 hours that Kc did have someone looking into the matter. When asked, they said you will find out at trial. Now who could that someone be? Dc?

Jb said Kc has a compelling reason for her actions and we will find that out at trial.

Jb walks right into the evidence garage with nationally renowned scientist HL. Jb must have been very confident. He knows Caylee was never in that trunk. Hl comes out and goes on NG and says it smelled like rotten garbage, there was food, chicken, ham.

Jb says to Kb, your in lala land, she was not in those woods.

LKB says those were not coffin flies.

There are a lot of clues from the defense and there are more. I do not believe that the defense is going to be explaining themselves as many believe. They have a lot of info on what really happened and they are going to take control of the trial. We only know one side of the story. IMO

I think the strategy will be to let the Sa speak and try to come up with a story that makes sense. Then the defense will come in and just anialate them with facts that dont support their story. I have read all of these friends of Kc's interviews and I see nothing that they have said that is going to hurt Kc at trial. (premeditated murder trial)

I mean really, what have any of them said that supports premeditated murder?

Sorry couple more things I noticed.

First bold: Does LKB hold a degree in entomology from an accredited university? Is she listed on the defenses witness list as an expert entomologist?

Second bold: I believe Ashton was outlining it pretty well with his description in court on how Caylee came to her demise.

That's actually a good comment Lambchop - I just went back and looked at Simon Birch's statement. He did say George brought gas, which surprised him, in an old battered gas can. Simon said George tried to start the car the first time, and then Simon said, oh look, the gauge is on empty, but the ignition was switched off when he looked at it. George put gas in it and it started right away.

However, many older cars that have been sitting inactive do not start up immediately because the battery may be a little low, or there isn't any gas in the gas line. A couple of tries, and they start. George however just assumed ICA had run out of gas.

Simon did say George said he called Ascot and asked them how long the car had been there before it was towed, which Simon thought was odd. He hadn't told George where the car was picked up from and didn't think it was on the registered letter they sent out to the Anthonys.

Ya know I remember this. Have we seen the registered letter in the released docs yet? I do remember CA had to back track to the bank to get cash to get the car released and she had a fit at the charges she had to pay. Don't get me started on what happened after the car was released:furious:...........

Or, as JB once said, "Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes".

I wonder if it was a sears visa card. Does anyone know? My sears card was just a sears card, nothing else. My Jc Penny card is the same way.

OT - I used to work at Sears. They offer two kinds of cards - one you can ONLY use at Sears, and one that is a Visa card you can use anywhere. You fill out an application, and depending on your credit, you may get offered either one, or you may just get offered the store card and not the Visa card. While I worked there, I noticed those with bad credit either got offered the store card only, or sometimes weren't approved for any card at all.

My rambling opinion.

The defense and KC waived a speedy trial. There was no gag order accepted. The blood money rolled in and rolled out with no real work done.

KC plead guilty on the fraud pretty much at the last minute. My guess is not a lot of blood money was spent there. Attorney's have said they had more then enough money for the DP case.

I believe that KC will plead at the last minute on the Murder/DP case and I believe that was the plan in the beginning. IMO no real work is being done now and I think the plan was to keep KC in protective custody for as long as the defense could get away with it, because when I think about it how long would it have taken for this case to get to trial if Judge B. Perry hadn't taken this case on. I pray for Caylee's sake that it will be settled this next year.

I feel terrible for the Florida tax payers having to pay for such things as the motions being filed that any child could school the defense on. In my eyes it is just to try to hold up the case further.

Really? How do you defend someone in KC's position? For everything that has been released to us the public just cannot be swept under a rug and pretend that it dosen't exist and none of it points to SOD.

It is said that good thing come to those who wait and we have been waiting a long time to see justice for Caylee. A two year old who never did anything to anyone. It was unfortunate that she was born to the likes of the Anthony's and then she got in KC way of a bella vita. I have to take comfort in knowing that she is in Gods hands and will never again feel what she must have felt before and up to her death.

Regarding the defense asking for details from the state regarding their list of aggravating factors:
Rule 3.140(n) Statement of Particulars. The court, on motion, shall order the prosecuting attorney to furnish a statement of particulars when the indictment or information on which the defendant is to be tried fails to inform the defendant of the particulars of the offense sufficiently to enable the defendant to prepare a defense. The statement of particulars shall specify as definitely as possible the place, date, and all other material facts of the crime charged that are specifically requested and are known to the prosecuting attorney. Reasonable doubts concerning the construction of this rule shall be resolved in favor of the defendant.

Here's a few cases that deal with a statement of particulars, an accused person's right to a statement of particulars, and the purpose of such a statement:

Saldana v. State, 980 So.2d 1220

Miller v. State, 764 So.2d 640

Brown v. State, 462 So.2d 840

Hunter v. State, 200 So.2d 577

Martin v. Karel, 143 So. 317

The Hunter case is from the 3rd DCA and the Martin case is a Florida Supreme Court case.
Go to the Florida Supreme Court home page at http://www.floridasupremecourt.org
Go to the Florida Courts Home Page Go to the Florida State Courts home page at http://www.flcourts.org
http://www.wftv.com/news/23621581/detail.html

Motion to Strike: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23621475/detail.html

Are you saying you don't think the State has done that?

AZLawyer was just saying particulars means the aggravating factors/circumstances the State just provided in complying with the last motion.

Surely it would put too much burden on the State to provide the entire case for the Defense?

I think I'm going to be very interested in hearing HHJP's definition of the word "particulars".

THANK YOU!!! For the life of me I couldn't remember that exact quote and I was too mad to look it up!:woohoo:

You're welcome! That was the first thing I thought of when I read your post.....good 'ol JB.
Nothing will ever top his 2008 press conference, when it was over he said, Thank you, I have no further questions". :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Are you saying you don't think the State has done that?

AZLawyer was just saying particulars means the aggravating factors/circumstances the State just provided in complying with the last motion.

Surely it would put too much burden on the State to provide the entire case for the Defense?

I think I'm going to be very interested in hearing HHJP's definition of the word "particulars".

No, absolutely not. I think the judge is going to tell the defense, no way, Jose. I think these highly experienced prosecutors have been asked for this many times over the years, and know full well what is and is not required of them. The proper time to ask for this was...let's see..immediately after the death penalty was added. When was that, not November 2009, when they did get around to asking for it, by any stretch of the imagination. Did they subsequently file another motion, or did they really wait for another half of a year to bring it up again? Six months!!! This reminds me of them making an appointment to view the TES records, cancelled, never rescheduled for over eight months!!!
You just can't make this stuff up!!

Regarding the defense asking for details from the state regarding their list of aggravating factors:
Rule 3.140(n) Statement of Particulars. The court, on motion, shall order the prosecuting attorney to furnish a statement of particulars when the indictment or information on which the defendant is to be tried fails to inform the defendant of the particulars of the offense sufficiently to enable the defendant to prepare a defense. The statement of particulars shall specify as definitely as possible the place, date, and all other material facts of the crime charged that are specifically requested and are known to the prosecuting attorney. Reasonable doubts concerning the construction of this rule shall be resolved in favor of the defendant.

respectfully snipped and bbm

Hi TWA, my question is, "Does this rule also apply to the penalty phase? I thought the aggravating factors come into play after the trial determining guilt or innocence??

Good grief, I can help you Mr. Baez, on my lunch break I can venture a guess.
OK then Jose..here you go...
We plan to use the fact that little baby Caylee was under twelve years of age
. We plan to enter into evidence her birth certificate, a ten year calender, photos of her two birthday celebrations and sworn testimony that indeed she was two when your client killed her,allegedly.

We plan to prove that she was in the care of one of her parents.
The defendant's own father has testified under oath to the grand jury that the last time anyone in your client's family saw baby Caylee was when pop saw the pair of them leaving the home on the 16th. We intend to call pop to the stand, we are fully prepared to impeach him should he somehow forget his testimony. We plan to submit for the jury's consideration, the very, very clear fact that the child was not with her when she and boyfriend Tony were wrapped together at Blockbuster. We certainly plan to prove that the baby was at some point in the trunk. The tow yard's security will testify that the car was not tampered with during the time it was in their care. The baby's body was decomposed in items that appear to a reasonable degree of certainty to have come from the Anthony family home, the blanket the hamper, the specialized kind of Henkel duct tape, the garbage bags. Sir even the child's pull ups match the pull ups found in the baby's things at the home and or car. She was alive in her mother's care, and then never seen or heard from again, despite your clients lie about Caylee phoning her . We will be introducing into evidence the phone records, which each and every incoming and outgoing call can be accounted for and none are of any would be lovely, young , straight haired, perfect teeth and perfect ten...Zanny. So yes, Mr. Baez..there are some clues for you. We will be calling pop, Tony, CSI and FBI experts, tow yard officials.

The state only needs one aggravating factor. Next question Mr. Baez.....
By the way sir where, pray tell, is your reciprocal discovery?

I think these highly experienced prosecutors have been asked for this many times over the years, and know full well what is and is not required of them. The proper time to ask for this was...let's see..immediately after the death penalty was added. When was that, not November 2009, when they did get around to asking for it, by any stretch of the imagination. Did they subsequently file another motion, or did they really wait for another half of a year to bring it up again? Six months!!! This reminds me of them making an appointment to view the TES records, canceled, never rescheduled for over eight months!!!
You just can't make this stuff up!!

Supreme Law Library : Court Cases : U.S.A. v. Vroman : courtpar

A Bill of Particulars, unlike most criminal discovery devices, directly implicates the Sixth Amendment's guarantee of the right to make a vigorous and prepared defense in a criminal case. See, United States v. Tanner, supra, 279 F.Supp.
www.supremelaw.org/cc/vroman/courtpar.htm

respectfully snipped and bbm

Hi TWA, my question is, "Does this rule also apply to the penalty phase? I thought the aggravating factors come into play after the trial determining guilt or innocence??

I am looking up the case law right now; because I am not certain. I will ask the lawyers here on their thread. I am reading this supreme court decision:
Supreme Law Library : Court Cases : U.S.A. v. Vroman : courtpar
I want to look up at least five that are from Florida. I like to always read at least five. That is about four more than the defense does.
A Bill of Particulars, unlike most criminal discovery devices, directly implicates the Sixth Amendment's guarantee of the right to make a vigorous and prepared defense in a criminal case. See, United States v. Tanner, supra, 279 F.Supp.
www.supremelaw.org/cc/vroman/courtpar.htm:banghead:

Ya know I remember this. Have we seen the registered letter in the released docs yet? I do remember CA had to back track to the bank to get cash to get the car released and she had a fit at the charges she had to pay. Don't get me started on what happened after the car was released:furious:...........

I spent alot of time trying to find this. Not my forte I guess.
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Casey Anthony discovery Pages 264-431.pdf

starting page 114 for a few pages is all I have found regarding tow yard docs.

Well the defense said on 48 hours that Kc did have someone looking into the matter. When asked, they said you will find out at trial. Now who could that someone be? Dc?

Jb said Kc has a compelling reason for her actions and we will find that out at trial.

Jb walks right into the evidence garage with nationally renowned scientist HL. Jb must have been very confident. He knows Caylee was never in that trunk. Hl comes out and goes on NG and says it smelled like rotten garbage, there was food, chicken, ham.

Jb says to Kb, your in lala land, she was not in those woods.

LKB says those were not coffin flies.

There are a lot of clues from the defense and there are more. I do not believe that the defense is going to be explaining themselves as many believe. They have a lot of info on what really happened and they are going to take control of the trial. We only know one side of the story. IMO

I think the strategy will be to let the Sa speak and try to come up with a story that makes sense. Then the defense will come in and just anialate them with facts that dont support their story. I have read all of these friends of Kc's interviews and I see nothing that they have said that is going to hurt Kc at trial. (premeditated murder trial)

I mean really, what have any of them said that supports premeditated murder?

Bold mine.

With all due respect, NTS, thank you for the chuckles that the above bolded portions supplied. Are we talking about the same defense team? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Oh those pesky little details.

There was plenty of time the car was not in ICA's possession - at Amscot, the tow yard, then GA & CA, and finally LE.
...except that Casey herself references the smell...so it existed before Amscot and the tow yard while she pretty much had sole possession of the vehicle. I was never a believer of the talented squirrels theory...you know the one which has them crawling up into the engine compartment and dying? Not to say it's not possible...but there was no evidence of that happening.

Well, it is my opinion that the car was locked and did not have the keys in it. The purse was not a purse, its a bag. The car was out of gas and that is backed up by Sb witnessing Ga putting gas in the car and seeing the gauge was on empty, further back up by the evidence garage confirming the gas gauge worked. So, she just simply ran out of gas. But wait there is more. She text Amy and ask if she can borrow her and her gas can, yet more, they actually go and buy a gas can, but wait there is even more, this is not the first time she has ran out of gas, she has done it before, backed up by Tl and Ga in that she took her own dad's gas cans. She is a typical teenager, only she's 22. IMO
Have they found those mystery men that helped push the vehicle into the parking lot by the dumpster?

Where is that information? is that in a document?
I believe it's in the statement she gave to the police.

ETA: interview on July 16th...2nd tape...45:30 mark. BTW...Casey claims her car's gas gauge registered 1/2 a tank...there must have been something wrong with the sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3